Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Super Bowl LVI Thread

Which team has the best chance to repeat next year?

I don't think either will, but which team do you think has the best chance?

I'm thinking Rams. AFC is a gauntlet

will largely depend on free agency. Teams with draft leverage should vault up, but you know I’m going to say, the other LA team. Need to plug right side of OL and defense. Pieces are in place to beat both teams (well actually beat the Bengals this past season).

I was hoping the Bengals would pull it out. Well, that's it, I'm done with being a fan of other teams. Back to being a Texans fan and griping about everything.
Oh don’t you waver yet Thorn. You’ll have plenty of times coming up when we need you to be fans of other teams for draft picks. Don’t go there just yet.

His time was done in Detroit. He was never going to win a Super Bowl with them & they were never going to win a Super Bowl with him.

It was time.
Detroit is just never going to win a SB, period. I always thought Stafford was pretty good, but being in Detroit, that's just NFL hell. And it shows you it takes more than a QB to win, even if it's a good QB like Stafford is. Barry's career wasted away in Detroit, and is why he retired. Megatron's career wasted away and is probably why he retired. Stafford's career was wasting away until he finally got the hell out of there.

Detroit is just never going to win a SB, period. I always thought Stafford was pretty good, but being in Detroit, that's just NFL hell. And it shows you it takes more than a QB to win, even if it's a good QB like Stafford is. Barry's career wasted away in Detroit, and is why he retired. Megatron's career wasted away and is probably why he retired. Stafford's career was wasting away until he finally got the hell out of there.
Did y’all forget Barry?

Sorry missed that (6-pack barley wine and bottle of tequila). Cudo’s

Barry Sanders best RB who never had chance with Detroit. Kinda like their new coach, Dan Campbell. Maybe things will change?
The Bengals were in the Super Bowl & had a good shot of winning. Of course things will change.

Just hope the Texans get lucky & catch the wave.

The Bengals were in the Super Bowl & had a good shot of winning. Of course things will change.

Just hope the Texans get lucky & catch the wave.
Sure, things can change, but it took the Bengals 31 years to win a playoff game. Detroit won their last playoff game 31 years ago, and it's their only playoff win in 64 years. Texans are just 2 years removed from winning a playoff game. We just think we've got it bad now, it can get worse, and for a long, long, long time.

my takeaway was the refs kinda screwed Cincy outta a win. there was a BS pass interference call there in the 4th that gave the rams a fresh set of downs, and I don't know if they would've won without that.
Yea but you know the refs did miss a big penalty right before the end of the half when the Cinci receiver grabbed the LA DBs face mask right before he scored.
I was worried the Rams might win big, but turned out Cinci gave them all they could handle.

Yea but you know the refs did miss a big penalty right before the end of the half when the Cinci receiver grabbed the LA DBs face mask right before he scored.
I was worried the Rams might win big, but turned out Cinci gave them all they could handle.
They did miss one there, but I think Higgins would have beat Ramsey anyway

The missed Face mask against Higgins…
The missed holding call against Ramsey at the goal line….
The BS holding call against the Bengals LB when the Rams were at 3rd and 9. Stafford threw it behind Kupp which made it look like holding. It wasn’t.

Bengals screwed the pooch with 6:20 left in 4th quarter… 3rd and 8, Burrow hits Higgins in the hands with what would have been a first down. Should have, could have scored that drive. Told my wife when he dropped it, “that’s gonna cost the Bengals the game”

Just got to watch the best SB commercials recap on YouTube and not sure who these advertisers were trying to appeal to but most of the commercials were pretty dry…..except GM and Dr Evil crew and Planters with the “one” or “all” approach to eating the mixed nuts.

You know on the penalties and the refs generally speaking they seemed to be in hands-off & "let them play" mode most of the game until late in the contest when it seemed there was a flurry of more "active officiating". I dunno am I wrong on that or what ?
Yeah it seemed like that to me. Letting them play the whole game and then finally making ticky tack calls on that last drive.

They did miss one there, but I think Higgins would have beat Ramsey anyway
Doesn't matter. Ticky tack calls are one thing, blatant face mask is another. Should have been a flag and no TD.

Cincy could have gone on to score anyway, or Burrow could have been sacked 4 more times, so who knows how it would have played out, but had the Rams not retaken the lead and the Bengals won it, that would have been a bad look, again, for the NFL.

If Odell can get himself healthy he’ll be in high demand. His biggest objective…..just rehab until fully ready to step on the field again.
That's the key, especially for someone who as time goes one is accumulating more and more injuries. OBJ's first ACL (also of the left knee) sustained last year came after he tried to play through a significant turf toe. Injury of a lower extremity unless properly rehabbed will commonly lead to a compensatory injury.

Hey everyone !!!
It took me a couple of days to process that loss. Great game, great season and almost pulled it off.

I've long made it a habit (thanks dad) to not complain about the refs and won't do so here.
My only thought is consistency. If you are going to go the route of "let them play", you have to do that through the whole game. There were misses on both teams and unfortunately for me, the Bengals came out on the wrong side of those calls. Score TD's not FG's. Make defensive stops. Keep ticky tack from costing you.

The biggest weakness of the team showed up when it mattered most with the o-line simply giving up too much.
Yes, that Rams D is scary good, but a team cannot allow that to happen that much. The Bengals have been strategic in how they spend their free agent dollars and with a buttload of cap space for 2022, it will/should go to the o-line in free agency. This is a young team and most of the impact players are under contract.

You only get so many chances before you have to start paying Burrow, Chase, Higgins and others the type of money which will make it more challenging to have that kind of talent on the roster. I'll just be happy for now in knowing this is a team that didn't fluke their way to the Super Bowl. Anyone thinking that simply didn't watch them much this year. Getting back is hard though.

Did anyone else see on the last play, when Burrow took the sack what happened with Chase and Ramsey?
Chase had him again on the outside and Ramsey fell leaving Chase wide open for a game winner.
The o-line simply couldn't give Burrow more time and game over. Ultimate what if...

Bring on 2022 and hoping for another good season from my Bengals and a resurgence of the Texans !!
Take care everyone !!

Hey everyone !!!
It took me a couple of days to process that loss. Great game, great season and almost pulled it off.

I've long made it a habit (thanks dad) to not complain about the refs and won't do so here.
My only thought is consistency. If you are going to go the route of "let them play", you have to do that through the whole game. There were misses on both teams and unfortunately for me, the Bengals came out on the wrong side of those calls. Score TD's not FG's. Make defensive stops. Keep ticky tack from costing you.

The biggest weakness of the team showed up when it mattered most with the o-line simply giving up too much.
Yes, that Rams D is scary good, but a team cannot allow that to happen that much. The Bengals have been strategic in how they spend their free agent dollars and with a buttload of cap space for 2022, it will/should go to the o-line in free agency. This is a young team and most of the impact players are under contract.

You only get so many chances before you have to start paying Burrow, Chase, Higgins and others the type of money which will make it more challenging to have that kind of talent on the roster. I'll just be happy for now in knowing this is a team that didn't fluke their way to the Super Bowl. Anyone thinking that simply didn't watch them much this year. Getting back is hard though.

Did anyone else see on the last play, when Burrow took the sack what happened with Chase and Ramsey?
Chase had him again on the outside and Ramsey fell leaving Chase wide open for a game winner.
The o-line simply couldn't give Burrow more time and game over. Ultimate what if...

Bring on 2022 and hoping for another good season from my Bengals and a resurgence of the Texans !!
Take care everyone !!
Have you or anyone else heard why Mixon wasn’t on the field for that last series? That was a head scratcher for me.

Well, if the coaches are to be believed, they thought they could "steal a first down" in running Perrine.

Don't get me wrong, I really like Zac Taylor, although he has more to learn. However, the answer wreaked of getting too cute. Kind of like, "Hey, we've had success doing this, but you know what they won't expect? Doing something completely different". In THAT situation you should win or die with the ball in the hands of your playmakers. Give it to Mixon, run a sweep with Chase, anything other than that. No disrespect to Perrine, but he's not one of the playmakers on this roster.

That being said, I forgot to mention that if it weren't for my Bengals playing in that game, I would have been rooting for the Rams. Happy for Stafford and my boy Whitworth who the Bengals drafted forever ago and was a big part of the team for many many years. Who doesn't also respect the games of Donald and Cupp. Happy for the players, but that might be the most apathetic group of fans in the league.

Oh and since I'm at it... Seeing the stands filled with celebrities and people that don't know anything about the teams makes me ill. It's a "look at me" mentality. Look at me wearing a jersey and showing up to a game I know nothing about. I know the teams are playing, but don't forget about me !!! WEAK...

Oh and since I'm at it... Seeing the stands filled with celebrities and people that don't know anything about the teams makes me ill. It's a "look at me" mentality. Look at me wearing a jersey and showing up to a game I know nothing about. I know the teams are playing, but don't forget about me !!! WEAK...

You must be new to this. This happens at any LA sporting event, but most notably laker games...It is an absolute must the powers that be do a round robin of "who's who" at lakers games..usually starting off with andy garcia & finishing with Jack Nicholson. TNT and the NBA can't help themselves.

Last edited:
You must be new to this. This happens at any LA sporting event, but most notably laker games...It is an absolute must the powers that be do a round robin of "who's who" at lakers games..usually starting off with andy garcia & finishing with Jake Nicholson. TNT and the NBA can't help themselves.
I don't watch professional basketball, but will take your word for it.
I'm more of a college basketball kind of guy.
I went to Xavier University here in Cincinnati after retiring from the Army and they are pretty serious about it.
My kids enjoy going to the games as well. Good times !!!

Hey everyone !!!

Take care everyone !!

Great post and I hope you are around this offseason.

If I was running the Bengals, I would spend good money on Cam Robinson to play LT and Williams to play RT like they did at Alabama. I would also sign Joe Noteboom to a good contract in FA and draft Salyer or Tyler Smith and the end of the 2nd rd and draft a C like Erick Kramer from Illinois later in the draft. I wouldn't expect Kramer to be a starter but I like the way he plays.

The rest of the draft I would concentrate on the defense, particularly CB and DL positions.

Back