Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Sugar Bowl: Notre Dame vs. LSU

And i don't wanna see another post about Landry. The only way we take that guy with a first round pick is if we move down ten spots. We don't need three srong safties.

But we do need one who's a quality player. CC Brown and Glenn Earl shouldn't be starting.

That was a impressive throw, he took a shot and still delivered a accurate ball into triple coverage, but the reciever couldn't get the handle on it.

I've never seen a QB like Russell, he looks like a freaking OLman playing QB.

He makes Culpepper look small.

That was a bad throw by him though

It wouldn't suprise me if Al Davis grabs him, since he loves a vertical passing game and it seems like Russell loves to go deep

For all we know he could draft Johnson and then pull Kijana Carter out of some alley. I hate when Oakland has a high pick, you don't know what the hell is going on.

I actually like it when they have a high pick because with Al Davis, you know they'll screw it up.

I'd like to see where you get that....All I see and read is how the Coaches love him and say he could go into coaching if he wasn't so talented.

Props Vinny. the guy is locked and loaded. The only bad I see with the guy is he gets lazy with his feet. But, when he wants one, he can zing it in there. Best Arm I've seen, barr none, since Farve came out. There isn't anything in his game that can't be coached up. I'll bet it's too sweet for Al to pass on. As far as recievers are concerned...the draft is loaded with them, all shapes and sizes...all day long.

ND has been the most overrated school for a couple of years. Weis needs to fire his D coordinator

ND has been blown out everytime they went up against a top tier opponent this year.

Jesse Daniels not starting wont hurt LSU cuz their backup SS Craig Steltz is actually better and leads the team in INT.

On paper and this year LSU should destroy ND like 45 to 13 or something
But i hope LSU doesnt come in there to confident or to cautious cuz i have a feeling ND is going to try to do some big plays earlier and fast.

I hate ND and as u know i love LSU, i just dont like the idea of ND being such a HUGE underdog.

good call

Impressed by - Russel

Not impressed by - Landry, Quinn

The ND LOT seemed to have a good game the times I watched him.

The WR Spanzookskwhatshisname(sp) for ND looks promsing.

But we do need one who's a quality player. CC Brown and Glenn Earl shouldn't be starting.

I agree but after tonights prefomance, I don't know, I just don't see a first round DB. I'm sorry. He isn't Ronnie Lott. He's a blown up all american who dissappears from games. The interception was nice. Bouncing of Jeff Samarja the first series on the end around was not. I mean if the guy can't handle Samarja, how the heck is he going to handle an NFL power back ? A whole lot of people are reading press clippings on the guy and not watching him play. Won't be the worst pick we ever made for sure. But it'd be up there. You telling me we're going to move down several spots and take the guy, fine. This guy is not the eighth best player on the board. I'm sorry I don't see it.

Zenon is a junior. He's been pretty solid this season, for the most part. There's been no discussion of him considering leaving early.

ND has been the most overrated school for a couple of years.

A couple?!?! They haven't won a bowl game in 13 years and only one of their losses was by less than a TD. Just how long can a school live on past reputation?

A couple?!?! They haven't won a bowl game in 13 years and only one of their losses was by less than a TD. Just how long can a school live on past reputation?

Apparently for a long time, I bet if they go 6-6 next year they still make it to a bowl game.

Next to the word OVERRATED in the dictionary is a picture of a leprechaun.

I liked what I saw of Russel, and if he falls to #8 I say we pick him or find someone to trade w/us. Landry on the other hand did not look like a ball hawk type FS. He looked more like a SS, which we already have two of. I can now say I want Nelson over Landry. Great game though!!! ND chokes AGAIN!!! :gathering:

what ya think about him now :shades:

Hey, i'll be the first one to eat crow & say if he falls to us, (not likely) we should take him. People were talking about VY's ease of passing the ball, this dude's arm is extremely Live & is like VY in that he's a load to bring down.

He's just got to work on protecting the ball & not putting so much air under the ball when he throws deep & he's good to go. maybe sit him for a year or so to work on those things & learn the offense & defenses he'll face.

I liked what I saw of Russel, and if he falls to #8 I say we pick him or find someone to trade w/us. Landry on the other hand did not look like a ball hawk type FS. He looked more like a SS, which we already have two of. I can now say I want Nelson over Landry. Great game though!!! ND chokes AGAIN!!! :gathering:

What he lacks in speed, which is not very much IMO, he makes up for with instincts & anticipation which usually have him in the right position, & you can't substitute that with anything else. He is a FOOTBALL PLAYER, much in the mold of Meco in that he may not be protype, but he's still very very good in his own right. He looked good to me, the touchdown was just a good play by the WR on EXCELLENT coverage. Did you notice that Quinn pretty much stayed away from his side & how he had to hold the ball a tad longer in the pocket? I'll have to keep watching Nelson & how he performs this monday, but i'm still leaning towards Landry.

just a couple small observations that can really make a difference in his game: because of his size he is able to shake off arm tackles, stand in the pocket & focus on his options (some would say he looks them down too much) its difficult to knock him off his base foundation. second thing is the rotation of the ball. even on 50 yard bombs he angles the ball so it just floats down so all the receiver has to do is run under it, very easy to catch. they also do not have to come back to him because of his range they can just keep going on those deep posts. little things maybe but they all add up as the total package :twocents:

I want to see him put all of his strength behind a throw. I've never seen a guy throw the ball that far with such little effort.

I really hope he enters the College Football Skills Challenge in a few weeks just to see him in the long ball contest.

would be really fun to see a few more match-ups like USC to face Louisville the winner to play LSU. the winner of that match-up to play the winner of Florida/OSU :pigfly:

Back