Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Ssd"y"

So just how much longer should Kubiak get?

That's the dumb thing. You don't put a set limit.

Many a people around here coveted Jeff Fisher. He led the Houston / Tenessee Oilers / Tennessee Ttians to 6 playoff appearances in 16 years. He had a massive losing playoff record. Yet these morons around here coveted him? Really?

Stupid.

Kubiak is out (and rightfully so) if:
A) Texans don't win the AFC South.
B) Texans get in, and as a (the 4th divisional winner with the worst record of the 4, translated: a home game against a wild card team) gets bounced.
C) If the Texans actually win "B)" above and go into the second round and get bounced in a slaughter (i.e. 34-17 or 31-10, etc.).

That's the dumb thing. You don't put a set limit.

Many a people around here coveted Jeff Fisher. He led the Houston / Tenessee Oilers / Tennessee Ttians to 6 playoff appearances in 16 years. He had a massive losing playoff record. Yet these morons around here coveted him? Really?

Stupid.

B) Texans get in, and as a (the 4th divisional winner with the worst record of the 4, translated: a home game against a wild card team) gets bounced.
C) If the Texans actually win "B)" above and go into the second round and get bounced in a slaughter (i.e. 34-17 or 31-10, etc.).
How about they make the playoffs with an 8-8 record?

C'mon man!! You're better than that! Or so I thought.

Going into this season and looking at the schedule, I had us 4-2 (at best) and 3-3 (at worst). My swing game was the Raiders game (yes, I had us beating Pitt) because unlike myopic NFL fans I knew the Raiders weren't that bad.

Oh well, it's no wonder I haven't been posting much lately.

Texan Bill, it really has NOTHING to do with the record...it's how we keep losing games in the same fashion. The HC is showing no improvement and he's not learning from past mistakes. Year in and year out he still struggles to manage a clock, consistently shows he's incompetent with his challenges, and his teams still can't find a way to shut the door in the 4th quarter/2nd half.

Yes, before the season started, if you told me that we'd be sitting here 3-3 after the start of our schedule, I wouldn't be that upset. However after watching the games and knowing we had a lead in the 4th quarter against the Saints, Raiders, and were in a very close game against the Ravens...I'm upset and do not trust this coach at all. He can't shut the door on anyone and simply is incapable of coaching his teams to any big wins. A 1-18 all time record against winning teams on the road is flat out ridiculous, embarrassing, and can not be ignored or written off as a "coincedence"....now how are we supposed to win in the playoffs with him even if we get there with a proven track record like that? (In the NFL you'll be hard pressed to find a more "proven track record" than a career 1-18 anything)

I'm sorry I let you down Bill, but it is what it is and every year I feel like while the stats we put up may change (offensively and defensively), the way the team loses games, finds a way to come up short, or the way they can never play consistent football from one week to another never does. It is the SSDY with me and sorry, but I can't bring myself to think otherwise until He finally proves it out on the field and in the win/loss column. 6 years in and with his track record, Kubiak doesn't deserve any benefit of the doubt.

*BREAKING NEWS: MATT SCHAUB IS NOT BRADY, MANNING, BREES or ROGERS!!*

If you come to acceptance of that AND go into the season with an expectation of 4-2 or 3-3 after the first six games, what are you so pissed off about? I just don't get it...

Aj's down.. Mario is down (although, I believe the drop-off with bringing in Reed) is not that bad or that much of a drop-off, but throw in losing James Casey hurts..... It hurts a lot to the offense. Vickers can't do what JC can do...

Blah, blah, blah!!! Yada, yada yada!!

END of the SEASON....... Texans are, at worst 10-6 and at best 11-5....

First, let me remind everyone to not get personal. Comment on the topic. Attack the post, not the poster.

Fox took the Panthers to the playoffs 3 times in 9 seasons. They went to the Super Bowl in his 2nd season as head coach. And he absolutely deserved to get the axe we he got it. Good coaches get fired, as well as bad coaches. Then, there's the Kurious Kase of Kubiak....

NEVER PERSONAL!! You POS Sumbitch!!!!

I kid, I kid!! :D

First, let me remind everyone to not get personal. Comment on the topic. Attack the post, not the poster.

Fox took the Panthers to the playoffs 3 times in 9 seasons. They went to the Super Bowl in his 2nd season as head coach. And he absolutely deserved to get the axe we he got it. Good coaches get fired, as well as bad coaches. Then, there's the Kurious Kase of Kubiak....

Maybe reading into this too much?

*BREAKING NEWS: MATT SCHAUB IS NOT BRADY, MANNING, BREES or ROGERS!!*

If you come to acceptance of that AND go into the season with an expectation of 4-2 or 3-3 after the first six games, what are you so pissed off about? I just don't get it...

Aj's down.. Mario is down (although, I believe the drop-off with bringing in Reed) is not that bad or that much of a drop-off, but throw in losing James Casey hurts..... It hurts a lot to the offense. Vickers can't do what JC can do...

Blah, blah, blah!!! Yada, yada yada!!

END of the SEASON....... Texans are, at worst 10-6 and at best 11-5....

Umm, who the hell ever said Schaub was Brady, Manning, Brees, or Rodgers? Seriously I don't even know why you're mentioning those four. 12 teams make the playoffs every single season...that means every single season 8 teams do it without starting Brady, Manning, Brees, or Rodgers. :rolleyes:

Oh and teams have injuries every single season as well. Not having Mario and A.J isn't the reason why we gave up a lead against the Saints and lost that game and that isn't a excuse for losing against the Raiders at home either.

So it's your argument that EVERYTHING under the sun has to go perfect in order for Kubiak to get a fair shot at this "head coaching thingie" or for us to finally be able to judge him without being "bad fans"? He has to have a HOF QB in order to compete and can't have a team that suffers any injuries? That doesn't even make sense, because that simply is not going to happen in this league. Good coaches should be judged on how they handle and get their team through adversity. If a 1-18 road record against winning teams doesn't slap you in the face and let you know your coach can't handle adversity, then nothing will. I swear, it's just a Rolodex of excuses with this coach.

I sure hope you are right though Bill..I would love to see this team go to the playoffs sometime soon. I want to see my team able to compete when we get there also.. in order to do that you have to be able to pull off big wins against quality competition and big wins on the road against quality competition.

He's back. With an extension. Come on, you know Bob is keeping Kubes. I'm not even going to entertain the idea that he might get canned. I know better, now.

I thought he was pretty clear.

It is the SSDY with me and sorry, but I can't bring myself to think otherwise until He finally proves it out on the field and in the win/loss column. 6 years in and with his track record, Kubiak doesn't deserve any benefit of the doubt.

Understand, & I agree Kubiak doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

But we're bitching about games we haven't lost yet. We're bitching because we won't win the division. We're bitching about losing play-off games we aren't even going to be in.

There's got to be a place in between.

People are pissed because no record happens in a vacuum. This team
has stubbed its own toe in two of its 3 losses, and has only beaten
ONE team that has ANY WINS all year.

People are pissed because we're going into Tennessee UNSURE if this
team can beat them AT Tennessee. The season has begun, so people
are judging the team by what they see RIGHT NOW. Teams are good
or bad not because of their names, but of what they do ON THE FIELD
during THE ACTUAL SEASON.

Texan Bill, it really has NOTHING to do with the record...it's how we keep losing games in the same fashion. The HC is showing no improvement and he's not learning from past mistakes. Year in and year out he still struggles to manage a clock, consistently shows he's incompetent with his challenges, and his teams still can't find a way to shut the door in the 4th quarter/2nd half.

Yes, before the season started, if you told me that we'd be sitting here 3-3 after the start of our schedule, I wouldn't be that upset. However after watching the games and knowing we had a lead in the 4th quarter against the Saints, Raiders, and were in a very close game against the Ravens...I'm upset and do not trust this coach at all. He can't shut the door on anyone and simply is incapable of coaching his teams to any big wins. A 1-18 all time record against winning teams on the road is flat out ridiculous, embarrassing, and can not be ignored or written off as a "coincedence"....now how are we supposed to win in the playoffs with him even if we get there with a proven track record like that? (In the NFL you'll be hard pressed to find a more "proven track record" than a career 1-18 anything)

I'm sorry I let you down Bill, but it is what it is and every year I feel like while the stats we put up may change (offensively and defensively), the way the team loses games, finds a way to come up short, or the way they can never play consistent football from one week to another never does. It is the SSDY with me and sorry, but I can't bring myself to think otherwise until He finally proves it out on the field and in the win/loss column. 6 years in and with his track record, Kubiak doesn't deserve any benefit of the doubt.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Understand, & I agree Kubiak doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt.

But we're bitching about games we haven't lost yet. We're bitching because we won't win the division. We're bitching about losing play-off games we aren't even going to be in.

There's got to be a place in between.

Actually that's not why I started this thread and that's not what I'm bitching about... What I'm bitching about is because 6 years in we're still Charlie brown getting the same football pulled out from us. I'm bitching, because 6 years in and 6 games into this season, I'm still seeing the same results and the same losing ways. That's my beef. This isn't about games we haven't played yet, it's about the improvement and strides that we aren't making.

Actually that's not why I started this thread and that's not what I'm bitching about... What I'm bitching about is because 6 years in we're still Charlie brown getting the same football pulled out from us. I'm bitching, because 6 years in and 6 games into this season, I'm still seeing the same results and the same losing ways. That's my beef. This isn't about games we haven't played yet, it's about the improvement and strides that we aren't making.

Yeah, well, you're not alone in feeling that way.

Back