Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Sexual Assault Suits Against Watson

Rusty using the covid excuse. Yet the SI article claimed that one happened in 2019.....

That's such a weak cop-out by Watson. It should be easy to show that 1,695 other players in the NFL did not need 40+ massage therapists during COVID.

It seems like they are grasping at straws when they do stuff like this. Especially when Watson was breaking NFL protocols on how to conduct business during the pandemic.

That's such a weak cop-out by Watson. It should be easy to show that 1,695 other players in the NFL did not need 40+ massage therapists during COVID.

It seems like they are grasping at straws when they do stuff like this. Especially when Watson was breaking NFL protocols on how to conduct business during the pandemic.
Do you know that for a fact, or are you guessing?

Buzzbee is playing games...he wants to play out in the court of public opinion but only if he can hide his clients. It the equivalent of throwing rocks and hiding your hand.
Hardin I believe is just trying to get a handle on the direction from which the rocks are coming from.

here is what is confusing to me and not really giving a damn about trying to be a better legal eagle. So why think he is trying to play this out in the court of public opinion? Both sides are making public statements but how is he REALLY hiding his clients? Public opinion doesn’t issue orders. What information has been provided for the HPD investigation? These women’s claims will be investigated outside of public opinion. You don’t think they aren’t aware of that?

Watson's female attorney laying it down thick on everyone, including people on this board, who automatically assume Watson is guilty.

That's assuming that the women are actually sexual assault victims and NOT lying. That's the problem in situations like these. You can't question the women's allegations/motives or else "you're attacking victims". Well who is the victim IF the women are lying?
John Barr ESPN @JohnBarrESPN
Mr. Mulugheta might be interested to hear that, according to federal statistics, only between 2% and 8% percent of all sexual assault reports turn out to be false. The research only deals with reported cases but let’s look at that too. Fewer than three in ten victims report.

So, more than 70-percent of sexual assault victims never report to police. And, of those who do report, between 2% and 8% make false reports. Those are the numbers.

Want to hear another stat of note? Of the cases that get reported and prosecuted, roughly one percent end up with a felony conviction. One percent. And we wonder why more victims don’t report.

And those are the numbers that report to the police. A greater number never report or talk to other entities, even friends due to a litany of various reasons including shame and guilt for "allowing" it to happen, loss of job, loss of support, loss of respect.........the list goes on and on.

No team is gonna want a rapist on their team. Sure, in his prime Mike Tyson was the most recognizable athlete in the world & he was convicted of rape, BUT, Iron Mike only had one accuser. Watson, on the other hand, has so many accusers he can't even keep track!

Btw, I think Tyson was set up!
Well you are wrong about Tyson. He admitted that he raped the woman.

Because one minute he says he needed massages left and right the next he admits sex did happen. Makes it look like he was soliciting prostitution and confirms something did happen
No, it doesn't. He paid for a massage. He hooked up with a few. That doesn't mean it's prostitution. What a ridiculous leap of conclusion.

You are throwing out some wild theories. They asked for the names so they would be informed of the people making these accusations. Now they can spend time going through messages between them and Watson. So many on this board have already found Watson guilty....people need to chill and let this play out.

Getting rid of him from the team and finding him guilty of this are separate issues. Seems to me that people are comingling the two which is a shame.
Exactly. Protecting 'victims' and 'victim intimidation' starts with the assumption that they are victims and Watson is guilty.

Under the guise of a massage in which he flew some across country. That will be looked at in those jurisdictions
Plenty of rich people fly people in for services. I am sure some of them have hooked up. That doesn't make it prostitution. Unless he specifically paid them to come here and have sex, you are wrong.

here is what is confusing to me and not really giving a damn about trying to be a better legal eagle. So why think he is trying to play this out in the court of public opinion? Both sides are making public statements but how is he REALLY hiding his clients? Public opinion doesn’t issue orders. What information has been provided for the HPD investigation? These women’s claims will be investigated outside of public opinion. You don’t think they aren’t aware of that?

Because Buzbee would rather this be settled with a lot of money paid to his clients(and of course him), without it ever going to any sort of trial. Therefore the court of public opinion may be the only court this ever sees, from a trial standpoint. The tug of war going on between the two sides in the court of public opinion could determine if there's a settlement and how much it would be. So that's why he is playing this out in the court of public opinion.

Which kind of proves Hardin and him had a list at least and could tell the 18 versus the 22. By now, Hardin knows all the days, times, and people DW4 interacted with on a table. So pressing for these ladies names to go public is not for his defense, but further power abuse against women so noone on team DW4 seems to have learned this is about abuse of power
No it doesn't. He wouldn't have to file a motion to receive their names. The 18 named women in support of Watson was to combat the 22 Jane Does that he was being face with in these lawsuits.

Yep. Folks need to pay attention instead of jumping to assumptions.

Police reports are not required in a civil case, so that part is irrelevant.

My point, as discussed by many legal experts, is that Watson will have two choices if these cases make it to trial. He can plead the 5th and look terrible against the testimony of 1-22 women, or, he can be cross-examined and everything he says will be under oath and can be used against him in a criminal trial.

And with the haphazard way that Watson appears to be operating for the past couple of years, I'd bet that the last thing his lawyer is advising is to testify in a court of law.

That wasn't the point of me bringing up the 1 police report to 22 lawsuits. The point was considering Buzbee was promising affidavits/evidence (plural) for weeks and we only got 1 police report to date, then perhaps that number 22 was inflated to sway public opinion for a smaller number of clients (because there may have never been 22 in the first place) than has been reported whenever it comes time to the actual trial. I've already alluded to this in an earlier comment. Which would explain this weird behavior and pushback from Buzbee's side in trying to hide his clients identities form Watson's team.

And those are the numbers that report to the police. A greater number never report or talk to other entities, even friends due to a litany of various reasons including shame and guilt for "allowing" it to happen, loss of job, loss of support, loss of respect.........the list goes on and on.
Those numbers are based on the sexual assaults actually reported to the police. But MOST of these women aren't even claiming sexual assault, and I think like of 2 that did claim it, they didn't claim penetration. So your numbers are irrelevant, as it doesn't calculate the number of women who lie about sexual assualt in CIVIL CASES, especially ones that haven't reported to the police.

Yall can't be this stupid. You can't file a lawsuit with a fake name, and go through the whole proccess hiding your identity from the accused. Not only is it unfair for the defense, it is ILLEGAL. IF they are telling the TRUTH, they should have no issues with being able comply with the law.

You might want to read the forum rules before calling people stupid ..... In case you can't find it , I'll provide you a link.

(2) TexansTalk Official Rules - Updated | Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

How many women will drop their lawsuits to avoid having their names in public?
20%
50%
80%

During the second Friday hearing, Hardin argued on behalf of Watson that Buzbee has been trying the case publicly, and that Texas law does not allow these individuals to proceed with a pseudonym. Buzbee, for his part, disclosed that nine of the 12 plaintiffs at issue in the second Friday hearing have agreed to disclose their names — and that more could follow suit.

Because Buzbee would rather this be settled with a lot of money paid to his clients(and of course him), without it ever going to any sort of trial. Therefore the court of public opinion may be the only court this ever sees, from a trial standpoint. The tug of war going on between the two sides in the court of public opinion could determine if there's a settlement and how much it would be. So that's why he is playing this out in the court of public opinion.
So why ask HPD to get involved? They could throw a monkey wrench into his plans, right? Why even go public at all for that matter? probably because DW had absolutely no clue they would do so and they wouldn’t without an anonymous promise To do so. If not is justice being pursued? lol, DW wanted these women to sign NDA’s. Who here is first wanting to remain anonymous? Sounds to me like in a case of sordid content both sides want to remain anonymous.

Those numbers are based on the sexual assaults actually reported to the police. But MOST of these women aren't even claiming sexual assault, and I think like of 2 that did claim it, they didn't claim penetration. So your numbers are irrelevant, as it doesn't calculate the number of women who lie about sexual assualt in CIVIL CASES, especially ones that haven't reported to the police.
Texas sexual assault law does not require vaginal penetration..................just that it causes the sexual organ of another person, without that person’s consent, to contact or penetrate the mouth, anus, or sexual organ of another person.
I believe that in at least 2 filings, both such contact and penetration was described.

I bleeping hate this bleeping thread.
FIFY and agree 100%. Sometimes it's like reading through a school of sharks feeding off chum. I might crack a joke or comment here and there, but I'm not interested in a debate, defend any sides, render judgement or convince anyone. I'm just waiting to see how this plays out. But you are right, this thread and subject sucks.

So why ask HPD to get involved? They could throw a monkey wrench into his plans, right? Why even go public at all for that matter? probably because DW had absolutely no clue they would do so and they wouldn’t without an anonymous promise To do so. If not is justice being pursued? lol, DW wanted these women to sign NDA’s. Who here is first wanting to remain anonymous? Sounds to me like in a case of sordid content both sides want to remain anonymous.
In my opinion that's all part of trying it in the court of public opinion. Buzbee is trying to turn the heat up so much that Watson throws up his hands and says, OK how much do you want to make this go away. I can't think of any way to turn up the heat more than saying you're going to HPD. But look what happened when Watson's side called their hand... Buzbee scrambled around for days trying to put something together and didn't seem at all like they were prepared to go to HPD as he originally said/implied.

From what I'm seeing, Buzbee wants this to be settled in the court of public opinion and Hardin isn't having any part of it.

In my opinion that's all part of trying it in the court of public opinion. Buzbee is trying to turn the heat up so much that Watson throws up his hands and says, OK how much do you want to make this go away. I can't think of any way to turn up the heat more than saying you're going to HPD. But look what happened when Watson's side called their hand... Buzbee scrambled around for days trying to put something together and didn't seem at all like they were prepared to go to HPD as he originally said/implied.

From what I'm seeing, Buzbee wants this to be settled in the court of public opinion and Hardin isn't having any part of it.
Still 2 women have gone to HPD.

Direct me to the post and I'll deal with it.

In the future , hit the report button , that way all the mods see it.

Flooding the complaintants timeline with death threats is not a joke, and it is NOT fair game no matter how you think the attorney handled it. It’s because of people like YOU that women don’t come forward

BTW, looks like my response to his personal attack, telling him to stick to the topic and not make it about me was deleted, but the above message is still there. So, mods are obviously around, just not looking too hard.

Plenty of rich people fly people in for services. I am sure some of them have hooked up. That doesn't make it prostitution. Unless he specifically paid them to come here and have sex, you are wrong.
You're right, rich people do sometimes fly their masseuses in for massages. But, like JJ Watt, they fly in their "regular" personal masseuse............not random women they don't know.

Do you know that for a fact, or are you guessing?

You tell me. I used phrases that would reveal it: "It should be..." and "It seems like..."

As far as breaking NFL pandemic protocol, Watson's actions (that he's already admitted to) reveal that.

This is a case of his word against the 22 women word. Y’all talking proof. You can’t really prove if he did or didn’t. If Watson was a regular person he would be in jail by now.

Yep. Folks acting like the collective court of public opinion is supposed to be held to the same standards as the Supreme Court seem to be oblivious to the obvious.

The abnormal situation of 22 women making the same accusations toward one man seems simple to comprehend. . .

In a court of law, Watson is innocent until proven guilty. But, we are not a court of law, and we are free to have our opinions.

Buzzbee FROM DAY 1 has been all over Twitter and Facebook posting about the case....posting/reading personal messages and emails from DW4 to his clients promising “more”... All the while calling DW4 every name under the sun....why? to get the public at large who are on the outside of the whole thing, riled up to turn on DW4. It’s been so obvious. b/c he knows people are gonna react to the alleged salacious details of the claims....and he didn’t exactly deny that in court today when he was sort of chastised by the 1st judge about doing that. His response “Well Rusty’s done it in the past with other clients too!”...... Weak sauce. All the while he’s doing this he’s also being an obstructionist to Hardin’s request for the names. Today Hardin detailed his efforts over that 2 week period to get the names WITHOUT having to file motions to get them.

How can you legitimately argue in court that you’re worried about your clients safety when everything you’ve done thus far has drawn more attention to them as individuals and their claims? The best thing to do in that situation is try to handle as much of this case as you can out of the public eye. Yes, DW4 benefits from that too, but DW4 has dealt with public scrutiny before, his clients likely haven’t & I just don’t think he took that into real consideration when he was all over Instagram and Twitter. Stand on the merits of your clients claims in court rather than trying to draw sympathy from the public by grandstanding on Twitter and Facebook. He shouldn’t have had any problem doing that, but doing what he did makes his clients look a little less credible in my eyes.

That’s probably why 1 of the ladies has retained separate council from him.

So, Hardin requested the names, with a confidentiality agreement, and Buzbee refused. Told Hardin to file a motion. So he did.

Big fumble by Buzbee if that is how it went down.

Buzzbee seemed intent on trying to get his narrative out about what is alleged to have happened before Hardin was able to get the names of all his clients and do his own investigating.

So, Hardin requested the names, with a confidentiality agreement, and Buzbee refused. Told Hardin to file a motion. So he did.

Probably not even a fumble. I'm positive he knew how this would go. Just a tactic to manipulate gullible idiots like majority of us here on this forum into thinking what he wants them to think.

Buzzbee FROM DAY 1 has been all over Twitter and Facebook posting about the case....posting/reading personal messages and emails from DW4 to his clients promising “more”... All the while calling DW4 every name under the sun....why? to get the public at large who are on the outside of the whole thing, riled up to turn on DW4. It’s been so obvious. b/c he knows people are gonna react to the alleged salacious details of the claims....and he didn’t exactly deny that in court today when he was sort of chastised by the 1st judge about doing that. His response “Well Rusty’s done it in the past with other clients too!”...... Weak sauce. All the while he’s doing this he’s also being an obstructionist to Hardin’s request for the names. Today Hardin detailed his efforts over that 2 week period to get the names WITHOUT having to file motions to get them.

How can you legitimately argue in court that you’re worried about your clients safety when everything you’ve done thus far has drawn more attention to them as individuals and their claims? The best thing to do in that situation is try to handle as much of this case as you can out of the public eye. Yes, DW4 benefits from that too, but DW4 has dealt with public scrutiny before, his clients likely haven’t & I just don’t think he took that into real consideration when he was all over Instagram and Twitter. Stand on the merits of your clients claims in court rather than trying to draw sympathy from the public by grandstanding on Twitter and Facebook. He shouldn’t have had any problem doing that, but doing what he did makes his clients look a little less credible in my eyes.

That’s probably why 1 of the ladies has retained separate council from him.

Good points.

I'm not a fan of the public sensationalism method of manipulating public perception.

However, if the end justifies the means and his goal is a settlement, then this is probably the quickest way to make it happen.

It's an effective, if somewhat tasteless, strategy. Watson has a lot to lose if this continues to drag on in public. He's already lost trade opportunities and endorsements, and the longer this goes on, I'd imagine that the more of Goodell's wrath he's going to have to deal with. He's most likely already losing some game time, so it'll just get worse if this thing doesn't get resolved sooner than later. JMO

Then maybe Buzzbee shouldn't have made a spectacle out of this very serious situation, very serious accusations by trying all this in the court of public opinion. If he really cared about the safety of the accusers, he would have handled it legally, not publicly.

He did handle it legally whether you and others like it or not. The fact that you even passively blame Buzbee or Solis for her hetting death threats is beyond sickening. This is EXACTLY why Hardin wants all the names public so that they all will be attacked like this and that tactic wouldnt be needed if Hardin had any other recourse. In other words Hardin is having to get dirty because his client is dirty

Hardin requested the names............Buzbee agreed to do so if Hardin signed a confidentiality agreement.............Hardin refused............so Buzbee refused to turn over the names.

Back