Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Selection 1.1: JaDeveon Clowney DE-OLB

Thumbs up or down on JaDaveon Clowney at 1.1?

• Up

Votes: 189 88.7%
  • Down

Votes: 24 11.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not being able to see any games of him yet have made me kind of "meh" on the pick. I finally saw his highlight against Atlanta and my first thought is that I can't belive how fast he is. A guy that big should not be able to move like that. Ridiculous.

More impressive is how quick he is. Explosive and agile. Not only did he beat a pulling guard, on his own side, to the punch, but he also had the CoD skills to make the play.

20140816_tcb_al2_163.JPG.0_standard_783.0.jpg

http://www.battleredblog.com/2014/8/19/6044837/houston-texans-news-august-19-2014

I never had any doubts but are we wasting Clowney anytime he has to drop back in pass coverage as an outside linebacker? This monster should be off the edge ready to rush the passer or stuff the run in any situation. He's too quick and unblockable when his motor is running rampant. I don't want him to play a so called Willie McGinest role in Romeo Crennel's defense. He's far more talented than that. To waste any down with him in pass coverage is absurd.

I love the improvements with his hands as well. He reminds me of a more athletic and stronger, bigger version of a young Javon Kearse. Back in 1999 to 2001 when he would average 12 sacks a year and was nicknamed "The Freak." I truly believe Jadeveon Clowney can haul in 14 to 20 sacks a year for a long time. He's that special of a talent. But only if he's being put into those situations where he can terrorize opposing quarterbacks. He will also pulverize opposing running backs in the backfield. I love his quick tackle techniques. Very fluid and no wasted movement. He can get low in a second and bring you down.

I never had any doubts but are we wasting Clowney anytime he has to drop back in pass coverage as an outside linebacker? This monster should be off the edge ready to rush the passer or stuff the run in any situation. He's too quick and unblockable when his motor is running rampant. I don't want him to play a so called Willie McGinest role in Romeo Crennel's defense. He's far more talented than that. To waste any down with him in pass coverage is absurd.

I don't think he should be used in pass coverage very often but I think everyone on that line should be moved into pass coverage every so often. That includes JJ Watt, Nix, Powe, Crick, whatever. We saw some Zone Dogging in the game against the Falcons and I think we should continue to do that from time to time just to screw up the blocking assignments.

For example, if Clowney shows he's coming and two guys go to block him and then he backs out into a zone... that's two guys doing nothing and an extra set of arms that the QB isn't accounting for.

As long as they don't drop him back very often and only do it at unexpected, random times, I'll be fine with it.

If they have him trailing RBs and TEs across the field all the time, I'll be pizzed.

I really think Watt and Clowney are going to win a couple games for us. Just having those two on the field together is going to be crazy.

I want to see them competing for DPOY.....against each other...

I just hope they don't get hurt bumping heads while simultaneously crashing an opponent in their backfield...

Shoot a pm to Khari. She handles the smilies.

Why whatever are you implying my good man??

movinggoalpost.gif

This would make quite the fine smiley
...if only I knew how to make smilies.

Found another good one...

goalposts.gif

I think that if she tries to use that gif and shrink it, it will lose too much resolution. You can already see the pixelation on the large gif. (I tried it on my own computer)
Well, there are two to choose from; and the second one is already smiley-size.

Texans’ Jadeveon Clowney impresses Broncos in joint practice
It took all of two hours Tuesday for No. 1 overall draft pick Jadeveon Clowney to show why he’s one of the most hyped pass rushers in recent memory.

Just ask Ryan Clady, the Broncos‘ left tackle who was charged with keeping Clowney away from Peyton Manning during Tuesday’s joint practice with the Houston Texans at the Broncos’ Dove Valley training complex.

“He’s gonna be in this league for a while,” Clady said. “He’s definitely got some explosiveness, and I can see why he was the first overall pick for sure. It shows. It’s just how fast he can move at his size. Not a lot of guys can do that and he’s obviously gonna have success in this league with that kind of talent.”

Several times Clady and Clowney matched up in individual drills and live team exercises. Once, toward the end of practice during a hurry-up drill, Clowney beat Clady to the inside and pressured Manning on a touchdown pass to Demaryius Thomas. Had it been a regular season game, it’s likely that Clowney would have knocked Manning to the ground on the throw, if not made it all the way there for a sack...

Here is a reduced size version I converted. This should work fine on the board if someone can get this to Khari, or whomever has the credentials to do it. I can make it smaller if that is too big.

Attachments

• movinggoalpost.gif
    movinggoalpost.gif
    12.3 KB · Views: 40
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back