Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Robaire Smith on SR610 now

Mike Kerns

LYSB Podcast
Says that he is excited about the change to the 4-3 since it is "What he knows & Where he came from." Also says thet the Defensive Front is going to be more aggressive. Sounds good.:ok:

Yeah it does now all they need to do is add Mario or a better pass rusher and we will be looking nice.

[[Gary Kubiak]] said:
Kiwinuka will be there at 33, I would take him easy. Then trade babs or peek.

Yeah...but I heard that a lot of people have been down on Kiwinuka. Isn't he the guy out of BC? At least that's what people on ESPN were saying yesterday. Something about his work-ethic. Along the same lines as LenDale White, minus the ankle injury.

I really am kind of hoping we take Mario Williams because our offense is already stout...Our defense we need to perfect.

Frak The Jags said:
Says that he is excited about the change to the 4-3 since it is "What he knows & Where he came from." Also says thet the Defensive Front is going to be more aggressive. Sounds good.:ok:

I've heard that from some of our other Dline guys too. Liking the aggression. Liking the familiarity with the system. The ability to use their athleticism instead of thinking too much.

I also understand that our defensive coordinator has also done brung out his hardhat. (Is there a hardhat emoticon?).

bigTEXan8 said:
Yeah...but I heard that a lot of people have been down on Kiwinuka. Isn't he the guy out of BC? At least that's what people on ESPN were saying yesterday. Something about his work-ethic. Along the same lines as LenDale White, minus the ankle injury.

My Kiwi concerns are one-trick-ponyism. He got SCHOOLED at the Senior Bowl. Absolutely shut down.

Sarg01 said:
My Kiwi concerns are one-trick-ponyism. He got SCHOOLED at the Senior Bowl. Absolutely shut down.
By some of the best T's available. It's the games, not the workouts that matter.

I think DTs are the hardest players to rate/judge whether or not they are going to prosper in the NFL. Of course, you can say that about any player. I think that the 4-3 with our players is going to be fun this year, and TJ may suprise us with his play.

Texans_Chick said:
I also understand that our defensive coordinator has also done brung out his hardhat. (Is there a hardhat emoticon?).

Smith (Richard not Robaire) was brought up in the Glanville school of goofball gimmickery. I don't know if you were around in the late 80's but if you went to Oilers games back then and noticed our special teams guys strutting around on the field before the game with military helmets and fatigues, that was courtesy of our new DC. It was cute for about one game but in the long run it was stupid and all it did was piss off and fire up the opponent.

aj. said:
Smith was brought up in the Glanville school of goofball gimmickery. I don't know if you were around in the late 80's but if you went to Oilers games back then and noticed our special teams guys strutting around on the field before the game with military helmets and fatigues, that was courtesy of our new DC. It was cute for about one game but in the long run it was stupid and all it did was piss off and fire up the opponent.

Oh lord. Hopefully the years have made him wiser. Please for the love of god not that Junior Varsity crap.

Back