Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Predict the texans FIRST RD pick....

Maddict5

Hall of Fame
we can have a separate thread where you make a list of 20 guys you think we might take and see who gets the most right but for now, with about exactly 48 hrs until the texans are on the clock, everybody makes one choice. rep only for the right guess.

il start: everette brown
tie-breaker: no trade down

What the hell- LB Rey Mauluga!!!! Cuz our front 4 DL at times acted like "The SILK Curtain! The guy is big & hits big!:bat:

trade back to approximately 20 spot and select James Laurinaitis.

in hindsight...

this selection is why I prefer reading what you guys have to say vs. making my own mocks.

David Carr!!

Oh wait....

If they don't trade down, either Clay Mathiews or Jennings. If they trade down I have no idea.

My money is on them trading down though.

I have no shame in saying I have no freaking idea.

Until Antonio Smith I was thinking we'd be going DE in the first.

Until Cato June I thought we'd be going LB in first.

And now, I am proud to say, I don't have a clue, yet I am looking forward to Saturday, and I have total trust in Kubiak, that he is going to make the right choice for us. (That said, I predict we'll trade down again).

HEHEHEHEHE.... Sorry, I'm giggling with excitement now! Less than 48 hours away from a two day football feast of joy!

I have no shame in saying I have no freaking idea.

Until Antonio Smith I was thinking we'd be going DE in the first.

Until Cato June I thought we'd be going LB in first.

And now, I am proud to say, I don't have a clue, yet I am looking forward to Saturday, and I have total trust in Kubiak, that he is going to make the right choice for us. (That said, I predict we'll trade down again).

I absolutely agree with that...
I would pick the best available safety with the first pick...

Jenkins falls into our lap at 15.

Dunno why I feel this way but i see Barwin as Babin 2.0.

I expressed the same opinion about Barwin and was accused for stereotyping because he is white. I would like for Jenkins to fall in our lap too.

However, I believe that Washington is going to try real hard at Sanchez and Orakpo ends up falling to us. Who cares if isn't going to play all 3 downs for us. He only needs to play one and that hopefully is when he crushes the QB and forces a punt or Mario ends up getting the same result.

Last edited:
JESUS CHRIST I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE DRAFT TO START!!!!!!!

OK, sorry. I'm fairly well coffeed up this morning.

texanpride

Just to be different I'll say trade down to #20 and take Knowshon Moreno.

Michael_Johnson2.jpg

TB: trade down

Sitting on the front porch of the Gage Hotel with a coffee in hand and about to throw a dip in before we head down to Big Bend - I am definitely flexing my Texan this morning and have found clarity in my draft prognostication.

I want Orakpo, but Rey Maualuga is going to be the face of the Texans D for years to come. :texflag:

That makes me feel dirty.

Darius Butler UCONN
Trade down to 19

trade back to approximately 20 spot and select James Laurinaitis.

in hindsight...

this selection is why I prefer reading what you guys have to say vs. making my own mocks.

I'm thinking it'll be one of these scenerio's, but which one....hmm....I like Butler a lot, but I'm beginning to think SLB might be more of a need than CB.

I'm going with a trade back to #22 (Vikings) and picking James Laurinaitis.

I may have just thrown up in my mouth a little. No offense, but these would be awful picks in the 1st.

I like moore. I think he will be the best safety in this class, and a great nfl playmaker. It's our biggest position of need in my mind.

With the 15th pick in the 2009 NFL draft, the Houston Texans select....

images

Okay, seriously - I'm taking Clay Matthews after a trade back scenario with someone trying to get to Moreno or Freeman.

I really don't see the need for a DE, with mario williams and the signing of antonio smith. Especially not as a first rounder with gaping holes in our secondary.

Back