Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Predict Ryan Mallett's stats at Carolina?

Bulls on Parade

2017 Astros: Earn It!
I think he's going to make a name for himself in this game.
25-for-30 passing: 370 passing yards with 5 TDs and 0 INTs.
He'll be sacked zero times because of his extremely fast release.

He'll be seen raising his arm and emotionally sparking this team.
The Texans win 38-13 and everything is good around here next week.

208tqid.jpg

I like him better than Hoyer. I think he gives us a better shot at winning games.
Agreed. He almost led an impressive comeback win against the Chiefs Week 1. The 27-20 Final makes you realize just how precious every offensive possession really is. If only Bill O'Brien had made the quarterback switch at halftime so Ryan Mallett could have had a couple of extra possessions, or if Randy Bullock had executed a good onside kick during crunch time, it could have been a thrilling finish to say the least.

I felt like Brian Hoyer put this team in a tremendous hole with his turnovers that gave the Chiefs excellent field position. He practically gave the game away with his poor play. The game felt out of reach because of his mediocre play. But when Ryan Mallett entered the game it felt winnable and it nearly was. Our entire defense kicked ass in the second half and held the Chiefs to 0 points as well.

Assuming he starts
18-28 for 270 yards, 2 TD's, 1 pick, 2 sacks, 0 fumbles.

208tqid.jpg

I love satire.

30/29 425 yards 10 TDs
Yup he's going to complete a pass he never attempted. It's going to be some matrix type stuff. They're going to have to redo the QBR and passer efficiency rating after Mallett goes ham. Plus he's a swell and caring guy of outstanding character and has a hot gf.

30/29 425 yards 10 TDs
Yup he's going to complete a pass he never attempted. It's going to be some matrix type stuff. They're going to have to redo the QBR and passer efficiency rating after Mallett goes ham. Plus he's a swell and caring guy of outstanding character and has a hot gf.
So you're saying by the end of the Carolina game, we'll already have a 7-0 lead on Tampa Bay?

13 for 16 185 yards 1 TD

But Blue, Grimes, & Polk rush for 80 yards each & 2 TDs total. We go for 2 every time, missing once.

Fat Randy gets two field goals.

Cushing adds a pick 6

Lechler contemplates retirement.

Chronicle/Aaron Wilson

Sixteen times. That’s how many shotgun snaps quarterback Ryan Mallett took during a 27-20 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs where he nearly rallied the Texans to a comeback.

During that sequence, a total of two series, Mallett ran the no-huddle three times and was sacked once. He played with an up-tempo style in relief of starter Brian Hoyer, completing 8 of 13 passes for 98 yards, one touchdown and a successful two-point conversion pass.

Now, the job belongs to Mallett heading into Sunday’s game against the Carolina Panthers, according to sources not authorized to speak publicly. And the start goes to Mallett largely for his ability to rally the offense in a hurry.

“I wasn’t surprised at all,” said wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins, speaking generally about Mallett’s performance against the Chiefs and his abilities. “I don’t think anyone was, because that’s how he is all of the time. He’s energized and ready to go.”

Mallett, who’ll make his third start in two seasons Sunday, is grateful to have receiver DeAndre Hopkins for a security blanket. Hopkins caught touchdown passes of 4 and 8 yards from Hoyer and Mallett, respectively, against the Chiefs. The latter reception was especially difficult, but he somehow held on to the football.

It’s like he’s Spider-Man,” Mallett said. “You throw the ball and it sticks to his hands. Any time you’ve got a guy like that, you feel confident.”

Told that Mallett called him Spider-Man, Hopkins laughed and said, “That’s great coming from a guy who throws 100 miles per hour.”

Not really. It has just been reported that he was told he would start and might be confirmed by those who know who took first team reps.

It was leaked out, he took first team reps, he was told he is starting. He's been named the starter.

208tqid.jpg
I really would prefer you say negative things. Because when you went all super fan on Hoyer, look what happened.

About the same numbers hoyer put up in the kc game: 240 yds passing 1 TD, 1 turnover of some sort.

Maybe so but I bet he is closer to 67% than 52% and with a better than 6.9 ypa.

You can still be below average with a good completion percentage and decent ypa. The living breathing epitome of that is living out his last years as starter in chicago. Regardless, it still wont say much of anything about his performance if we get our teeth kicked in again and the offense doesnt put points on the board. The only thing im really looking for from him is getting a W... and to not look hapless getting it.

208tqid.jpg

Sometimes I wish I was well endowed enough to pleasure myself like this.

30/29 425 yards 10 TDs

I agree with this completely. I actually heard that Mallet was born in a log cabin that he built with his own hands.

Agreed. He almost led an impressive comeback win against the Chiefs Week 1. The 27-20 Final makes you realize just how precious every offensive possession really is. If only Bill O'Brien had made the quarterback switch at halftime so Ryan Mallett could have had a couple of extra possessions, or if Randy Bullock had executed a good onside kick during crunch time, it could have been a thrilling finish to say the least.

I felt like Brian Hoyer put this team in a tremendous hole with his turnovers that gave the Chiefs excellent field position. He practically gave the game away with his poor play. The game felt out of reach because of his mediocre play. But when Ryan Mallett entered the game it felt winnable and it nearly was. Our entire defense kicked ass in the second half and held the Chiefs to 0 points as well.
Amen Brother.....well said.....Pull Obrien & Godsey (Laurel & Hardy)....Let this guy coach offense this Sunday....I don't even know you but I'd feel more confident with You as head coach than these 2 clowns we have...

You can still be below average with a good completion percentage and decent ypa. The living breathing epitome of that is living out his last years as starter in chicago. Regardless, it still wont say much of anything about his performance if we get our teeth kicked in again and the offense doesnt put points on the board. The only thing im really looking for from him is getting a W... and to not look hapless getting it.

I think that's going to be the only real difference we're going to see. I don't think his stats are going to be groundbreaking or anything. I doubt he'll get over 60% completion. I'm hoping for over 8 ypa. I doubt he'll take a sack. Maybe 2 TDs.

But winning the game is going to be on OB & RAC. Hopefully we won't be punting the ball much.

25.5 hours until it's game time. I hope Ryan Mallett is ready to shine!
We don't have a lot of time to mess around. Really big game tomorrow.

That would mean we would lose in the Super Bowl...I like that you keep it realistic
15 regular season games left, WC round bye, Division Round, Conference Round, Superbowl. I count 18 straight to WIN the SuperbOwl.

Didn't last week teach a lesson about this "predict the stats" crap?

I like him better than Hoyer. I think he gives us a better shot at winning games.
Agree. The thing that I think helps is he has a chip on his shoulder for NOT being named starter for game 1. Now he has an excellent opportunity to show OB that he made a mistake.

The key for him will be to keep poised when things go bad like a sack or turnover/INT. How he bounces back will show a lot about his character. He must make good decisions PLEASE!

Back