Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Patriots Accuse Texans of Tampering

You still haven't had your catharsis with Houston professional football teams like Double Barrel, Hervoyel and myself have. We're sitting back, observing, chuckling and going about our business. I'm coming around to the :tinfoil: possibilty that OB was behind all of this because wants to be BB in the worst way. He's mimicked BB since he's been here. To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing that. If he succeeds, we'll be the next great dynasty. If he fails, Cal is on record for making difficult decisions.

How did I get left off that list?

Don Shula is the most bitter and butt hurt Pats hater out there. He hates the fact that a division rival HC broke almost all his coaching records other than that god awful overrated 72 Dolphins team.
Didn't say I wanted to hear Shula describe BB. Phillips was a much more gooder describer. Bad grammar on purpose, **** off, haters.

Don Shula is the most bitter and butt hurt Pats hater out there. He hates the fact that a division rival HC broke almost all his coaching records other than that god awful overrated 72 Dolphins team.
I guess we don't correspond enough. lol

Karma...PFFT!!

The Texans came pretty close Deshauns rookie year... and with these new corners.. I'm calling it now... The Texans will beat the pats what is it week 12

How is the team a disaster?

We got a GODLY receiving corps
ELITE QB AND DEs

that's far from a disaster...

Hell we were in the playoffs last season!

What's the big deal.. I mean GEEZ!

The Texans are wasting Watson's cheap years. A number of questions remain about the offensive line. Outside of Hopkins, no other receiver has shown they can stay healthy. Miller's been good in spurts. Some believe the secondary is fixed, I'm hopeful but skeptical. The schedule is significantly more difficult this season too.

Robert Kraft on resolution of Nick Caserio situation: "The Houston Texans and the New England Patriots have always had a great working relationship. We appreciate the way Cal McNair has handled this situation." https://t.co/5fmDdZTWyt

— Mike Reiss (@MikeReiss) June 14, 2019

My understanding is the call between Cal McNair and Robert Kraft was very cordial. Language at issue in Nick Caserio’s contract had been there awhile. Once #Texans were aware, they asked what a trade would cost. No deal, so they move on and #Patriots drop tampering charge.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) June 14, 2019

The Saints, Steelers, Eagles go about their business and still manage to win without the Patriots’ help. Hell, even the Browns are looking to fix things on their own. This whole situation screams mediocrity from the top down. :gun:

Texans should give Alonzo Highsmith a look at GM. He’s got a lot of the elements the Texans should be looking for. I know he was blocked from taking assistant GM role w/ Texans when Rick Smith was GM. Curious that we haven’t heard his name. Football lifer. Pro side and college

— Lance Zierlein (@LanceZierlein) June 14, 2019
The ex Oiler RB?

Texans should give Alonzo Highsmith a look at GM. He’s got a lot of the elements the Texans should be looking for. I know he was blocked from taking assistant GM role w/ Texans when Rick Smith was GM. Curious that we haven’t heard his name. Football lifer. Pro side and college

— Lance Zierlein (@LanceZierlein) June 14, 2019

The Saints, Steelers, Eagles go about their business and still manage to win without the Patriots’ help. Hell, even the Browns are looking to fix things on their own. This whole situation screams mediocrity from the top down. :gun:

You can emulate other franchises and be successful. Broncos, Packers, etc.

The Patriots **** only works with coach and QB there. Nothing has worked without them. The fact that we're trying so bad and yet again got schooled so bad by these guys is so pathetic, sad and embarrassing.

You can emulate other franchises and be successful. Broncos, Packers, etc.

The Patriots **** only works with coach and QB there. Nothing has worked without them. The fact that we're trying so bad and yet again got schooled so bad by these guys is so pathetic, sad and embarrassing.

They’ve got the trifecta on us now. Kicked our asses in the regular season, kicked our asses in the post season, and now an ass whoopin in the off season.

Houston Oilers... Houston Oilers......

No wonder so many want the return of the old jersey...... this Texans identity of not having our own.... at least the old one makes more sense to cling to.

I dont mind trying to copy a successful team..... but dont be so bad at it.

Even if they didn't tamper, the whole firing gaine and pre selecting caserio is cringeworthy bad. And they probably tampered

Or some people were way to quick to connect the dots.

Nick Caserio was their top prospect 17 months ago that's it. They interviewed someone other than Caserio the day they fired Gaine, another person not Caserio two days later & a third guy, still not Nick, the day after.

Gaine got fired. Five days later there's a wrongful termination accusation but The team Chaplin was in the same room with a bonafide GM candidate so they obviously tampered right?

Ever watch Wag the Dog?

Or some people were way to quick to connect the dots.

Nick Caserio was their top prospect 17 months ago that's it. They interviewed someone other than Caserio the day they fired Gaine, another person not Caserio two days later & a third guy, still not Nick, the day after.

Gaine got fired. Five days later there's a wrongful termination accusation but The team Chaplin was in the same room with a bonafide GM candidate so they obviously tampered right?

Ever watch Wag the Dog?

#Clusterfvck

I'm going to move over to an Astros board.

I will still be around here, but I want to give time to a forward thinking org that has balls.

The Texans org is really a sad bunch. #Cletus

Am I the only one who thinks this should have been deferred to the end of 2019 after the rookies are evaluated? If the Texans don't have the replacement GM ready to sign by next week, I'm seriously scared of Cal as an owner.

My opinion is Cal is zealous to not make the mistakes his father made, and this was an over-correction. Unless he has what he believes to be the best possible GM candidate ready to sign, the firing at this time was a critical error.

Axing Gaine right now was an over-correction. It doesn't give me hope, it shows me Cal has some learning to do.

I called it the day Gaine was fired. Nothing about Cal's decision indicated he had his ducks in a row. It was emotion based, just like all bad decisions are.

My hope now is that Cal learns, which he may. If his upside is his tendency to take risks, then the downside is he's more apt than his father to make blunders. If I have to choose between the two men, I'll take the one who was a self-made billionaire.

Last edited:
I’m still confused at why there is even a rule about contacting if you can just add a no contact clause
The alleged tampering issue is irrelevant here because the candidate already had a previous contractual agreement with his current employer forbidding him from even interviewing with other potential employers.

I called it the day Gaine was fired. Nothing about Cal's decision indicated he had his ducks in a row. It was emotion based, just like all bad decisions are.

My hope now is that Cal learns, which he may. If his upside is his tendency to take risks, then the downside is he's more apt than his father to make blunders. If I have to choose between the two men, I'll take the one who was a self-made billionaire.

You must love mediocrity if you loved how Daddy ran the franchise. Give me a risk taker, (Unfortunately these need to be calculated risks and I'm not sure Clletus can spell calculated, much less know what the word means.)

@ChronBrianSmith
McNair trusted two people, O'Brien and Easterby, and let them shake up #Texans' power structure. Texans now don't have a GM, are paying two ex-GMs, and the HC has three jobs: coach, OC, personnel. Hard to imagine that happening with any other NFL team.

@ChronBrianSmith
McNair trusted two people, O'Brien and Easterby, and let them shake up #Texans' power structure. Texans now don't have a GM, are paying two ex-GMs, and the HC has three jobs: coach, OC, personnel. Hard to imagine that happening with any other NFL team.

Brilliant. He trusted a slightly above average but still very flawed head coach, and a former chaplain and author, to "shake up the power structure."

Yet all the local sports radio puppets on 610 AM were trying to convince themselves and everyone else that things are headed in the right direction by proclaiming what a bold move this was by Cal. What a collection of mindless stooges.

Yet all the local sports radio puppets on 610 AM were trying to convince themselves and everyone else that things are headed in the right direction by proclaiming what a bold move this was by Cal. What a collection of mindless stooges.

It would've been a bold move if Cal had all the finer points of the plan in place. But he's inexperienced and he took a dive into rocky waters.

I like big risks too, but only when due research has been done. That obviously did not happen.

League's looking into it, more details released Monday afternoon.
Roger-Goodell-APArchivo_LPRIMA20101120_0031_32.jpg

It would've been a bold move if Cal had all the finer points of the plan in place. But he's inexperienced and he took a dive into rocky waters.

I like big risks too, but only when due research has been done. That obviously did not happen.
I'm a big fan of calculated risks. This fiasco was more of the "hold my beer and watch this" type of risk.

I still don’t care about firing Gaine.

My issue is that OB is still here and they had their hands slapped for reaching in the cookie jar by daddy.

My hope is that either OB gets his **** together and shocks the hell out of me or if he bats his average there is a clean sweep at some point and McNair puts some actual thought into the next regime.

The GM thing to me is more about optics than actual results on the field at this point. Most of Gaines job that was going to affect this year was done.

Expected, as KILT has the Texans broadcast rights. You'll hear more criticism of the Texans down the dial.

I still don’t care about firing Gaine.

My issue is that OB is still here and they had their hands slapped for reaching in the cookie jar by daddy.

My hope is that either OB gets his **** together and shocks the hell out of me or if he bats his average there is a clean sweep at some point and McNair puts some actual thought into the next regime.

The GM thing to me is more about optics than actual results on the field at this point. Most of Gaines job that was going to affect this year was done.
I'm not happy that they fired Gaine. I agree about OB, though. The sh!tty thing is that he can still throw Gaine under the bus for every personnel failure in 2019. In 2020, he might finally Caserio but not, according to sources, after the draft. If he craps the bed in the 2020 draft, well hey, OB's not a personnel guy. He did the best he could with Gaine's scouting dept. Teflon, I tell ya!!! Teflon!

I'm a big fan of calculated risks. This fiasco was more of the "hold my beer and watch this" type of risk.

How many people here unhappy with the job Brian Gaine had done? Is it too hard to believe Cal wasn't equally upset? Then the wrongful termination thing. Maybe Cal doesn't believe it but just the accusation may have been the straw that broke his patience.

So they dig up their list of candidates. Caserio happens to be at the top. We have one talking head trying to "predict" the future & a media driven fiasco ensues.

Texans decide they're not going to commit a draft pick to interview someone they only consider for the job. Had everything to turn into another Osweiler situation. Blindly commit resources for someone you haven't even been able to talk to.

To me, this is just a thing. Not a big thing. Doesn't make the Texans look any more incompetent than running Lamar up the middle on third & one from the shotgun.

Doesn't make them look like Super Bowl contenders either, but that's par for the course.

How many people here unhappy with the job Brian Gaine had done? Is it too hard to believe Cal wasn't equally upset? Then the wrongful termination thing. Maybe Cal doesn't believe it but just the accusation may have been the straw that broke his patience.

So they dig up their list of candidates. Caserio happens to be at the top. We have one talking head trying to "predict" the future & a media driven fiasco ensues.

Texans decide they're not going to commit a draft pick to interview someone they only consider for the job. Had everything to turn into another Osweiler situation. Blindly commit resources for someone you haven't even been able to talk to.

To me, this is just a thing. Not a big thing. Doesn't make the Texans look any more incompetent than running Lamar up the middle on third & one from the shotgun.

Doesn't make them look like Super Bowl contenders either, but that's par for the course.

Par for the course if you're a dysfunctional franchise.

Back