Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Our Draft aint sexy but neither is football.

Texas_Thrill said:
lol, my bad BattleRED. I play madden a lot too. Even on there I realize Defense and good line play will win me games. Maybe he's still stuck in tecmo bowl mode????

HEY! I PLAY TECMO SUPER BOWL ALOT TOO!

I may always choose the Oilers w/ their Run'N'Shoot, but I know the defense is what helps me win the games.

Sack by: RAY CHILDRESS (repeat until the end of the game)

BattleRedRaider said:
HEY! I PLAY TECMO SUPER BOWL ALOT TOO!

I may always choose the Oilers w/ their Run'N'Shoot, but I know the defense is what helps me win the games.

Sack by: RAY CHILDRESS (repeat until the end of the game)

lol, I played with the Giants or Bears. LT could block those extra points and sack EVERYTHING.

As I recall the Raiders had Bo Jackson but the D was so lousy it was a lot harder to winner in the playoffs with them.

Texas_Thrill said:
lol, I played with the Giants or Bears. LT could block those extra points and sack EVERYTHING.

As I recall the Raiders had Bo Jackson but the D was so lousy it was a lot harder to winner in the playoffs with them.

ooooooooo God, Bo for a 99 yard run TD. I was unstoppable.

As far as I know, the only team I couldn't win the Super Bowl with, was the Patriots. GOD, they sucked.

Yea but once I figured out how to lay Bo out it was over. Had to realize you couldn't just run up and tackle him. You had to dive and lay him out. lol

Bears with Dennis Gentry. Great Returner. Dave Duerson and Mike Singeltary on D. I was in love. lol

I'm sorry, but Mario Williams does have bust written all over him... And the biggest reason for that is his inconsistency while in college. (That doesn't mean I don't think he can't become a great player, but there is a greater likelihood of him being an average player than a great one)

We pick him anywhere between 4-7, and I think it would be a great pick, but he was just too inconsistent, IMO, to be a #1 pick.

I swear I have a 3-team strategy where I can win against any opponent no matter what team they choose.

They pick Raiders, I pick Oilers.

They pick Oilers, I pick Raiders.

And 49ers when I just want to embarrass them.

lol, go back to playing madden man. you obviously know nothing about football. I can count all the super bowl rings the rams had when they just had a great O.....and it wasn't until their D ranked in the top 5 did they when a super bowl. Colts......yea they are racking up the super bowl rings.

Steelers/Pats....need i say more.

You guys are missing the point....the texans offense = crap.....the texans defense = crap....the texans = crap.....comparing them to the rams, patriots, and steelers is insane......adding a DE will not make that much of a difference....you had a chance to get two spectacular players and you chose a DE who takes off plays and wasn't even the best defensive player on the field a lot of the times....this IS a mistake....there's a reason why everyone is laughing at us.

The Dream said:
You guys are missing the point....the texans offense = crap.....the texans defense = crap....the texans = crap.....comparing them to the rams, patriots, and steelers is insane......adding a DE will not make that much of a difference....you had a chance to get two spectacular players and you chose a DE who takes off plays and wasn't even the best defensive player on the field a lot of the times....this IS a mistake....there's a reason why everyone is laughing at us.

Are you aware of the fact we had offseason acquisitions?

Besides, the season hasn't even started yet. Let Kubiak run his scheme first.

And I don't care if everyone is laughing at us.

Trogdor014 said:
I'm sorry, but Mario Williams does have bust written all over him... And the biggest reason for that is his inconsistency while in college. (That doesn't mean I don't think he can't become a great player, but there is a greater likelihood of him being an average player than a great one)

We pick him anywhere between 4-7, and I think it would be a great pick, but he was just too inconsistent, IMO, to be a #1 pick.

I can actually respect this logic.

BattleRedRaider said:
Are you aware of the fact we had offseason acquisitions?

Besides, the season hasn't even started yet. Let Kubiak run his scheme first.

And I don't care if everyone is laughing at us.

I don't either. If you want a popularity contest go see if you can re-enter high school.

The last thing I want is FANS choosing who we pick in the draft. I wouldn't even listen to ME. Our team spends millions of dollars a year watching film and grading players. Though in the end you can't measure heart but at the least you can make sure something good is in place.

We also added Sam Cowart and some other players. A offseason consist of more than ONE pick. Pleas explain this to him BattleRed.

Texas_Thrill said:
I don't either. If you want a popularity contest go see if you can re-enter high school.

The last thing I want is FANS choosing who we pick in the draft. I wouldn't even listen to ME. Our team spends millions of dollars a year watching film and grading players. Though in the end you can't measure heart but at the least you can make sure something good is in place.

We also added Sam Cowart and some other players. A offseason consist of more than ONE pick. Pleas explain this to him BattleRed.

Let's see......

Offseason pickups + Draft picks + New coaching staff = Better team.

Is that too complicated?

BattleRedRaider said:
Let's see......

Offseason pickups + Draft picks + New coaching staff = Better team.

Is that too complicated?

I would like to think it isn't but according to some of these folks its all based on one pick.

Texas_Thrill said:
I would like to think it isn't but according to some of these folks its all based on one pick.
We are focusing on D too much. Both are picks are very questionable. We would have been ranked better on our D if we didn't try to lose the last games of the season on purpose. I don't know how some of you'll still trust the Texans and their decisions. Have they done anything right as an organization beside drafting Andre Johnson?

MrMeToo said:
We are focusing on D too much. Both are picks are very questionable. We would have been ranked better on our D if we didn't try to lose the last games of the season on purpose. I don't know how some of you'll still trust the Texans and their decisions. Have they done anything right as an organization beside drafting Andre Johnson?

Why not give the NEW regime a chance? Quit judging them by capers and casserly (who basically isn't apart of the franchise).

All of these picks have been kubiak's picks its been reported. Just give them a chance.

In another thread it was reported that we scored AS MANY touchdowns in 04 as we did in 03 but we gave up 25% more touchdowns. So obviously the O isn't as bad as some of you seem to think.

Texas_Thrill said:
Why not give the NEW regime a chance? Quit judging them by capers and casserly (who basically isn't apart of the franchise).

All of these picks have been kubiak's picks its been reported. Just give them a chance.

In another thread it was reported that we scored AS MANY touchdowns in 04 as we did in 03 but we gave up 25% more touchdowns. So obviously the O isn't as bad as some of you seem to think.
So if the O line isn't as bad as it seems, then it must be David Carr. How come the Texans resigned him when we could have gotten a specail talent like vince young.

MrMeToo said:

Dunta Robinson.
Anthony Weaver.
Flanagan to center.
Sam Cowart.
Jerome Mathis.

Yes, they've done things right before.

MrMeToo said:
So if the O line isn't as bad as it seems, then it must be David Carr. How come the Texans resigned him when we could have gotten a specail talent like vince young.

Vince Young? I don't want to hear his name around here. We didn't draft him. END OF STORY.

MrMeToo said:
Why? The truth hurts.

And you think VY was going to help us win soon? He won't play for at least 2 years. What would we have done with QB until then?

I'm not crazy about Carr but if the FO decided to give him another chance I will bite my lip and bear it. They obviously think that Kubiak can do something Capers could never do and I'm willing to give them that chance.

BattleRedRaider said:
What do you mean "why"? He isn't on our roster. Nothing else to discuss.

And what truth? That he is more likely to turn into a bust? Feels good, actually.
The only people who think he's gonna be a bust are the peole who think the Texans can do no wrong.

A lot of people on this board have been talking about respecting the decisions of the guys who paid to make them. Well, the last time we heard from "consultant" Dan Reeves, he seemed to indicate it was Reggie Bush, no question...

I know he was only one man and not the final say by any means. That said, I respect the pick and the fact they are trying to win with defense instead of trying to outscore the Colts and Jags; but you either have to assume that Reeves didn't want to say anything to tip the Texans' hand (plausible) or that when he heard the news he shaking his head in disbelief. And if he ever does sign on with this franchise, that's a question he should probably answer...

MrMeToo said:
The only people who think he's gonna be a bust are the peole who think the Texans can do no wrong.

I don't think we can do no wrong and I hope that VY does wonderful. I just didn't feel like it made sense for us.

We need to STOP people and give our offense a bigger chance to get better field position and have more touches.

MrMeToo said:

I'll ask a second time.

You stated in an earlier post that you were now a Titans fan. Why are you hanging around here crying...:blah:

Your new friends over on the Titans board are awaiting you and your brilliant insight into the world of football. They drafted your idol, go over there and rejoice with them. Why stay here and make yourself miserable.

Your whining is becoming annoying.

:coffee:

cuppacoffee said:
I'll ask a second time.

You stated in an earlier post that you were now a Titans fan. Why are you hanging around here crying...:blah:

Your new friends over on the Titans board are awaiting you and your brilliant insight into the world of football. They drafted your idol, go over there and rejoice with them. Why stay here and make yourself miserable.

AMENNNNNNNNNNNN.

cuppacoffee said:
I'll ask a second time.

Catching feelings?:hmmm: lol:

Back