Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Our Draft aint sexy but neither is football.

Texas_Thrill

Veteran
We are Drafting FOOTBALL players. Our worst side of the ball was clearly determined to be the Defense and I'm for one very happy that a offensive minded coach is taking the approach that a strong defense will give our offense more opportunities.

He obviously has faith in Davis and Morency to handle backfield duties.
Carr he thinks he can do something with (god help us if he can't.)
EM & AJ will be a good tandem with Mathis hopefully slot ready and good pickup in the TE position.
Our line picked up Flannigan and I still think we will draft a Tackle to move pitts back inside with McKinney at the other G. Wade will ummmm well yea.

I like what the FO is doing so far. Not sexy but very strategic.

We are Drafting FOOTBALL players. Our worst side of the ball was clearly determined to be the Defense and I'm for one very happy that a offensive minded coach is taking the approach that a strong defense will give our offense more opportunities.

EM & AJ will be a good tandem with Mathis hopefully slot ready and good pickup in the TE position.
Our line picked up Flannigan and I still think we will draft a Tackle to move pitts back inside with McKinney at the other G. Wade will ummmm well yea.

I'm not so sure if the defense was that much worst than the offense.....My main beef with choosing Mario Williams is that it takes more than 1 player to make a huge impact on the defensive end.....VY or Bush would make a much bigger impact on their side of the ball.....you don't pass on two great talents like that for a defensive end.............you just don't do it.....give me a great offensive player over a great defensive player any day of the week.

Our defense was not worse than our offense. When you need help in all areas, you take the best player available.

No Reggie Bush and no offensive line? I would question that.

I thought we were supposed to use this upcoming year to evaluate David Carr. How is Carr going to finally get a fair evaluation if he's still going to get knocked on his *** all day?

According to NFL.com, we were ranked 30th in total offense last year, and 31st in total defense.

It's a fine line, but I think our defense seemed to blow more games than our offense last year. I mean, they both sucked, but maybe Kubiak just wants to make sure he's not just focussing on offense. idonno:

When they make a ****ty pick then we justify it by saing it ain't "sexy". Also the offense ranked just as bad as the defense last year, where you come up with the defense was clearly the weaker is crazy. Also when Carr gets sacked another 50 times next year will will pass on a lineman once again.

Potential Playmakers on offense:
Davis
AJ
Mathis
Carr
Moulds

Potential Playmakers on defense: (pre-draft)
Dunta

We needed guys on the defensive side of the ball in a bad way.

Our OFFENSE was bad b/c of who the playcaller was not b/c it lacked talent unlike the DEFENSE which lacked playmakers.

VY would not be ready to play for at least 2 years so what is your point? At most we'd get Bush the ball 10-15 times a game.

We have what I consider two bookend DE who can play both the run and pass. Again I think with the change in offensive philosophy our offense is in for a much quicker turn around since they do have some time playing together. Our defense is obviously going through a overhaul.

Potential Playmakers on offense:
Davis
AJ
Mathis
Carr
Moulds

Take Carr off that list (cause he'll still be on his a**) and if you take Carr of that list then you can basically take everyone else off, since he has to throw the ball to them (with the exception of Davis).....AJ is the only big play maker we have, DD is a good rb, but he's not a huge play maker (doesn't have the break away speed).....this team will suck for years to come as long as McNair is the owner.

The Dream said:
Take Carr off that list (cause he'll still be on his a**) and if you take Carr of that list then you can basically take everyone else off, since he has to throw the ball to them (with the exception of Davis).....AJ is the only big play maker we have, DD is a good rb, but he's not a huge play maker (doesn't have the break away speed).....this team will suck for years to come as long as McNair is the owner.

Hey man, don't look up, I think the sky is falling in Pearland :rolleyes:

The Dream said:

So us signing flannigan in the off season one of the top centers did nothing for our line right?

A actual offense coach who knows how to coach the zone blocking scheme won't help right?

I will welcome Williams. as well! Finally a defenseive player we can put stock into. I always felt our defense was the downfall of this team. Beef up the secondary...we are on the right track for once!

HeroTime said:
Just like a defense coach helped our defense last year right. :stirpot:

I'd bet capers has a good D down in Miami but he's just not a good HC.

We lacked the PLAYMAKERS to make our defense quality. It was passive which I don't think Kubiak will be.

So us signing flannigan in the off season one of the top centers did nothing for our line right?

A actual offense coach who knows how to coach the zone blocking scheme won't help right?

RIGHT!!!.....you're lying to yourself if you actually think this team will even be close to decent this season.....4-12 at best.

if i knew you I'd say put your money where your mouth is

I'd be willing to bet you $100 this team is better than 4-12

ive still hope- colledge/winston in the 3rd, matua in the 4th, chris chester later on even

o-line=

Pitts,mckinney,flanagan,matua/chester(weigert may start but draftee can come in when he gets injured),winston/colledge

The Dream said:
RIGHT!!!.....you're lying to yourself if you actually think this team will even be close to decent this season.....4-12 at best.

.....Ummmm which CLEARLY would be better than we did last year unless you think 2 is more than 4.

You think if we drafted Bush (A part-time RB) that we would be so much better than 4-12?

Pats Great D....Steelers Great D......Both have consistent O's not sexy.

Colts Great O.....shaky D.....yea they make the playoffs every year but clearly have been trying to actually get a Defense since they know that is what wins championships.

The Dream said:
PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULEEEAAAAAASE.....this team is a waste, and we will all soon see.

Then why don't you find a new team. We'll save a spot for you on the bandwagon when things turn around though. :ok:

Honestly, do you think this offense or the defense is gonna be that much better man? This team will be in the lottery next year.......AGAIN.

Texas_Thrill said:

so tru

The Dream said:
Honestly, do you think this offense or the defense is gonna be that much better man? This team will be in the lottery next year.......AGAIN.

am I missing something? the NFL does a lottery?

when you speak like that you lose all credibility

And you think Bush could walk on water.

He was going to play LT, RB, WR, and QB according to your logic.

Defense in any sport (other than Arena Football) is the most important thing and consistent not great offense wins championships.

I heard Katy has a arena team if that's your logic. Again hope you have fun with your new team.

Because boom or bust I'm going to support the Texans. If we drafted Bush I'd have his avatar up right now. I might not like all their picks but to be such a wafer like you is sickening.

The Dream said:
Bottom line is the texans will be at the top of the DRAFT class next year, and you idiots who think mario freagin williams is going to make that big of impact will look like the morons that you truely are

I don't think Mario himself is going to make a BIG impact. Him with everyone else we acquired on defense during the offseason and draft, THAT will make an impact.

The Dream said:
Bottom line is the texans will be at the top of the DRAFT class next year, and you idiots who think mario freagin williams is going to make that big of impact will look like the morons that you truely are

Okay buddy, like I said, I'd like to see you put your money where your mouth is. Instead you'll just continue to spew out they won't win more than 4 games, with no consequence.

BattleRedRaider said:
I don't think Mario himself is going to make a BIG impact. Him with everyone else we acquired on defense during the offseason and draft, THAT will make an impact.

A man with sense thankfully. Its the ENTIRE offseason that matters not just ONE pick.

The Dream said:
No, but a great RB or QB makes much more of a difference than a DE.

No a great team makes more of a difference than one great player.

This is NOT basketball. One player will never make all the difference....Ask the Colts.

A great TEAM. A great DEFENSE. a consistent OFFENSE.

A great RB or QB is nothign w/o a good offensive line unless your name is B. Sanders who cut his career short due to the lack of any decent line ever and never having a good defense to make a playoff run.

The Dream said:

Yeah, because Bush and Williams have already played an entire NFL season and we know what's going to happen with them, right?

The Dream said:
I'm not so sure if the defense was that much worst than the offense.....My main beef with choosing Mario Williams is that it takes more than 1 player to make a huge impact on the defensive end.....VY or Bush would make a much bigger impact on their side of the ball.....you don't pass on two great talents like that for a defensive end.............you just don't do it.....give me a great offensive player over a great defensive player any day of the week.

Adding VY or Bush wouldn't have improved the offense that much, if at all. Williams was the better choice. You're thinking too much like a fantasy football player. This is NFL football, not fantasy and line play wins games by forcing turnovers.

The Dream said:

Yeah, tell me about J.J. Arrington, Blair Thomas, Curtis Enis, Archie Griffin, Kiyannah Carter, Lawrence Phillips ...

No a great team makes more of a difference than one great player.

This is NOT basketball. One player will never make all the difference....Ask the Colts.

A great TEAM. A great DEFENSE. a consistent OFFENSE.

A great RB or QB is nothign w/o a good offensive line unless your name is B. Sanders who cut his career short due to the lack of any decent line ever and never having a good defense to make a playoff run.

yes it takes a team effort, but great players make a helluva difference, especially when they're on the offensive side of the ball.

The Dream said:
yes it takes a team effort, but great players make a helluva difference, especially when they're on the offensive side of the ball.

So Derrick Thomas, Reggie White, Bruce Smith, and Lawrence Taylor didn't make as much a difference on defense?

The Dream said:

lol, go back to playing madden man. you obviously know nothing about football. I can count all the super bowl rings the rams had when they just had a great O.....and it wasn't until their D ranked in the top 5 did they when a super bowl. Colts......yea they are racking up the super bowl rings.

Steelers/Pats....need i say more.

Again go play fantasy league.

BattleRedRaider said:
So Derrick Thomas, Reggie White, and Lawrence Taylor didn't make as much a difference on defense?

They did, but that is lofty expectations for Mario. Unfortunately for him, he better fulfill them.

Dream let me ask ya this, look at Denver's offense, who are the "playmakers" there? The lack a true #1 (Rod Smith is borderline at his age), at least they did before today. RBs...well you and I could rush for 1200 yds there. You don't always need the flashiest guys.

Texas_Thrill said:
lol, go back to playing madden man. you obviously know nothing about football. I can count all the super bowl rings the rams had when they just had a great O.....and it wasn't until their D ranked in the top 5 did they when a super bowl. Colts......yea they are racking up the super bowl rings.

Steelers/Pats....need i say more.

Again go play fantasy league.

I play Madden alot. Don't associate me with this guy.

Texas_Thrill said:

I wish that was what we drafted in the first round (football player). The guy has bust written all over him. DeMeco on the other hand is a good football player.

dwilt72 said:
I wish that was what we drafted in the first round (football player). The guy has bust written all over him. DeMeco on the other hand is a good football player.

Mario Williams isn't a football player? What is he? Beer guy? What section will he be serving next year?

BattleRedRaider said:
I play Madden alot. Don't associate me with this guy.

lol, my bad BattleRED. I play madden a lot too. Even on there I realize Defense and good line play will win me games. Maybe he's still stuck in tecmo bowl mode????

dwilt72 said:

You're related to miss cleo right? How do you know what he will be?

Back