Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Orlando Pace a Texan? | Day 1 Unfolds

I wouldn't mind offering two #1's for Pace, but in 06 & 08. hopefully by then the Texans will be contenders (with both Pace & this years #1 from the 13th pick).

I may have misheard, but on Fox SouthWest Sports Report, they said our offer was our first and both thirds...

just wondering, would the deal be a definite first rounder this year or could it be for future considerations? I think we kinda need another first rounder even if we get orlando. A pass rushing d-lineman would do us good and any future first round picks hopefully and probobly would not be as high as a first round pick as high as 13.

i think the Rams are smart enough to know a first rounder next year from us will be alot lower. They want the 13 pick in this draft.

Rovator said:
They said we have a 1st round and 2 3rd round picks to work with, not that it was our offer.

Cool...I appreciate the correction...Guess I did hear it wrong...

Houston makes an offer to Pace
By Jim Thomas
Of the Post-Dispatch
03/14/2005

Not all the "i's" are dotted, or "t's" crossed. But offensive tackle Orlando Pace has a contract offer from the Houston Texans, and according to sources familiar with the negotiations, it's one that is preferable to the current contract on the table from the Rams.

So what happens next?

"The ball is really in St. Louis' court as far as what they want to do, and the decision they want to make," Pace told the Houston Chronicle on Monday during his visit with Texans officials. "We'll see here in the next 24 hours or so."

The Rams have until 3 p.m. Wednesday to sign Pace to a multi-year contract offer. At that point, a four-month negotiating blackout begins for the Rams and Pace. And that would mean another spring without Pace attending the team's offseason conditioning program - which starts March 21 - no minicamps and no training camp for the third consecutive year.

Pace characterized negotiations with the Rams as being "at a standstill."
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sp...78509700493127B686256FC5001F2056?OpenDocument

I dont know if I heard this wrong or what, but I just heard on Fox Sports that Pace and the Texans have already agreed in principle and their just trying to figure out what exactly their gonna give for him.

well all this means is that we have talked to Pace and came to an agreement on a contract.. so.. basicly we have completed the easy part. now we have to go back to the rams and say "what do you want for him".. which happens to be "your everlasting soul"

DoCt3rJ said:
Well, theres our pass protection =) Now..... for second round, who do we pick :p

David Baas OR some WR like Chris Henry. :thumbup

EDIT...ONLY 7 people looking at this thread? :shocked Who would have thunk it.... :hmmm:

ramsman34 said:
Really, 1999, SB34 ring a bell.

The RAMS were ALL offense, the D just had to show up.

This deal will cost you a lot more than Sharper (who the RAMS don't really need) and your #1 this year.

It will take your #1 and multiple other picks and or players.

There are ZERO LT's available either in FA or the draft that are pro bowl players.

The Rams had the 8th ranked defense in the NFL that season.

I hate the Zone Blocking scheme myself I think it ends up with missed blocks vs. knowing who you are going to block before the ball is even snapped.

Pros of Orlando
1. Gifted Tackle who at close to 30 dare I say may be maturing by actually trying to get a deal done.

2. Solidify the left side for atleast 3 years or more.

3. Add a little more attitude to our O-Line

Cons

1. To my knowledge has not played in a Zone blocking scheme which means he is on a learning curve the moment he is signed.

2. The deal is cutting it WAY too close to the blackout deadline and may not be worked out.

3. At 30 needs to change his workout regimen otherwise as he ages his abilities are going to plummet faster than if he were to dedicate himself to conditioning

Back