Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

**Official Game-Day Thread** Preseason 3...Cardinals @ Texans!!

Brock looks like a keeper, defense will improve but looks good. Like to see Braxton Miller catch and run more! Season will fun!

If the Cards come back to win, I would hate to feel the wrath that BoB is going to lay down on the players in the locker room after the game. :hide:

This may come off rude; are we going to hear about Leah Still all offseason? I'm just saying that the story has been talked about for what 2 years now?

Obvious happy with Oz and Fuller tonight
I was high on Ervin when drafted and had seen nothing, finally seeing what I saw in San Jose, kid looks quick and is getting it
Brandon freaking Scarlett, I agree, whoever found this kid gets a bonus in my book, flat out baller. Never heard of him, looks like a football player
Blue looks lumbering, I think we have better running backs and some studs showing up for special teams, goodbye
Cecil Shorts, I don't see your role here anymore, and your untimely drops kill me as a fan
I hope DJ Reader is ok

Texans PR ‏@TexansPR 6m6 minutes ago
The @HoustonTexans are 3-0 in the preseason for the second time in franchise history, the other coming in 2011. #TexansGameday

Brian T. Smith ‏@ChronBrianSmith
Osweiler cheers at smiling Godsey, "Whoo," gives OC a fistbump heading into locker room. #Texans

O'Brien said he's been impressed by Osweiler's demeanor. Dedicated and "easy to coach." #Texans

O'Brien said O-line had issues with blitz but was better overall. #Texans

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock
OB "Big thing with Braxton & Will is to be consistent as they can."

"He's a good player. He's a smart player. He understands route running & coverages. Well coached at Notre Dame" OB on Fuller

OB "I like Brock's demeanor during the game."

OB "We've put some basic runs in. We don't game plan those runs. We have to do a good job of game planning"

OB on Dillon "During the spring you don't wear pads. He's a guy that has stood out since the pads came out."

O'Brien says that DJ Reader was cleared from concussion test.

PDS ‏@PatDStat
OB says Fuller and Braxton’s emergence have come from good coaching in college. #Texans

“He has to make that catch.” OB on the Fuller on the dropped pass. Called it a special seam route. #Texans

OB says this is the last time Brock Osweiler plays until week one. #Texans

Houston Texans ‏@HoustonTexans
O'Brien: "Definitely like to win, whether it counts or not. One day at a time. Let's move on to the next phase of the preseason."

Adam Wexler ‏@awexlerKPRC
O'Brien said he was happy w/ what they saw from Tyler Ervin. Said he told the coaches last night, he wanted to see more of him.

After what we've seen from both offense and defense, man. You have got to admit. We just might have a team to be proud of this year. This is going to be a fun season.
Yes. I have us winning 10 or 11 games but it will be fun to see if we can top that.

The dumbest play was on the coach. Going for the TD on 4th down could have cost the game.

Glad to see they kept Clowney in the whole first half. He looked like he was winded. Sorry just not that impressive. Just my opinion.
They have speed this year. Could be fun to watch.

The dumbest play was on the coach. Going for the TD on 4th down could have cost the game.

Now is the time to try it and see what works in "critical" situations. It is much more intelligent for it to be done now, in a game where victory is inconsequential, than a game in the actual season and who knows, there might come a time where whatever play they decided to run at 4th down would actually be needed.

Back