Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Official Brock Osweiler MVP Watch Thread!

Not looking to be your favorite poster of the month. Just here to talk texans. Get off my nutz

Just curious... Are you looking for discussion? Because every time someone replies to your posts, you tell them to get off your nutz.

& if you're just wanting to post stupid **** with no follow up conversation, that's fine. Just need to know.

It would be helpful if you'd put something in your sig like, "Don't mind me, I'm just posting stupid **** to post stupid ****." Then no one would try to engage you in conversation about the stupid **** you post.

Just trying to help.

We should all use that as our sig; "Get off my nutz!"

Hey, you all heard the kid! Get off his nutz already!

Can't a guy join an online forum, immediately imply that the fan base or team is racist, then accuse them all of being trolls without everyone being all up on his nutz? Am I even in America?!

33050747_zpsb3od8vou.jpg

I was finally able to watch the game on the All-22 View.
It was worse than I thought.
I thought it was just bad.
But this is just horrible.

Specifically, the first drive in the second half.
Osweiler has no idea what he was doing out there.
Boy can't read the defense even if his life depends on it.

I had zero confidence in O'Brien before; now I simply don't care.

Actually his sig should be "Get off my nutz!"
I actually might consider this. Just don't feel like being lectured too by nameless internet trolls.

Here to post my opinion, not conform to whatever mysterious "culture" people are alluding too.

that being said TRADE OSWEILER NOW!

I hope you are wrong. What specifically in layman's terms was it that the coaches and Brock screwed up on? (I am not trying to start an argument or bait you so don't think I am.)

I figured OB rolled out a plan that his team couldn't do because of the skill set (example Lamar Miller) and tried to outsmart one of the smartest coaches out there. Something like OB thinking I know that you know (Belicheck) that I know that you know that I know that you know so I am going to do what I know you you know that I know that you know so you won't know.

I figured OB... tried to outsmart one of the smartest coaches out there. Something like OB thinking I know that you know (Belicheck) that I know that you know that I know that you know so I am going to do what I know you you know that I know that you know so you won't know.
I don't think OB is quite that cerebral - so his thinking probably wasn't that deep.

OBrien's thinking was probably more like this:
"If Belichik loads up the box with 8 or 9 defenders, then we should go to a pass play."
"But Belichik knows that is what I will be thinking."
"So if Belichik loads the box with 8 or 9 defenders, he will actually be expecting us to pass."
"So instead, we will run Miller right into the teeth of the defense."
"He'll never expect that."
"And we'll do that every time too!"
"Heehee, man will that old bastard be surprised!"

Yeah, that's probably as deep as it went.

And this:
"Belichik knows we added speed and got some new recievers, so he will be expecting us to use a bunch of fancy pass plays and deep routes and sh!t."
"But we gonna fool his ass, we gonna go with a power running offense!"
"Heehee, he'll never expect that."
"Yeah, OB gonna be deceivin' that old horse's ass fo sho!""

Last edited:
I hope you are wrong. What specifically in layman's terms was it that the coaches and Brock screwed up on? (I am not trying to start an argument or bait you so don't think I am.)

I figured OB rolled out a plan that his team couldn't do because of the skill set (example Lamar Miller) and tried to outsmart one of the smartest coaches out there. Something like OB thinking I know that you know (Belicheck) that I know that you know that I know that you know so I am going to do what I know you you know that I know that you know so you won't know.
I hope that I'm dreaming, too.
Or maybe I have too much of a bias view ???

Here's the sequence

1-10-HOU 39
(5:18) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 17-B.Osweiler pass incomplete deep middle to 15-W.Fuller.
Texans in 11 formation, TE strong left, slot left, splits wide.
Pats show 42 front with the RDE just outside our TE.
Cover 2, with the 3 CBs near the LOS.

Pats rushed 4 while dropping into a 52 zone.

Hopkins lined up on the right numbers and ran a ten-yard out, taking away the FS.

Fuller ran a 15-yd in route from the left side line.
Strong ran a post route from the left slot.
Both guys were threatening the SS deep.

Normally, the SS would worry about the deep post route first, but not in this case.
He was undecided between the two receivers (Fuller and Strong) while in backpedaling.
There was no way he (the SS, no. 30 Harmon) can turn and run with the faster Strong on the fly.

Yes, Fuller dropped the pass (that was slightly behind), but Miller was directly in Osweiler's line of sight, just further downfield along with the SS.
Whether Osweiler's field vision was poor, or he does not understand route combinations vs. coverage very well, or he simply locked on one target and one target only, from the start.

That one has TD written all over it.
The deep middle was there (not just this one time); Osweiller just never took advantage of the situations.

2-10-HOU 39
(5:12) (Shotgun) 17-B.Osweiler pass incomplete short middle to 87-C.Fiedorowicz (95-C.Long).

Texans in 11 formation, except this time with the TE strong right.
Pats showed the same look, but they varied the actual coverage.
It was a modified tampa 2.

They rushed only 3.
The WDE no. 95 dropped back to man the short middle flat.
The WILL no. 91 Collins dropped back to man the deep middle.
(Basically, it's a 5-3 zone coverage.)

Osweiler threw the ball right at the short middle flat defender, the WDE no. 95. Fiedo was running a shallow crossing route past the WDE
He (the defender) was so surprised; the ball hit his right thigh or knee (or maybe it was his groin, LOL.)
If he was looking at the ball a bit earlier, that would have been an easy INT.

Fiedo was wide open in the zone and the throw was ten miles behind him;
I have no idea what Osweiler was seeing or thinking.

Again, No. 11 was open in the deep middle.
No. 91 did drop back deep in tampa 2, but there's no way he can stay with the speedy receiver (Jalen Strong.)

The two safeties were occupied with the two deep routes by Hopkins and Fuller.

Against a 3-man rush, Osweiler had plenty of time to go deep, but he chose not to.

That whole sequence looks ridiculous, just like something you see at a PWL game;
I'm still shaking my head.

3-10-HOU 39
(5:08) (Shotgun) 17-B.Osweiler pass incomplete short right to 11-J.Strong [96-A.Johnson].

Texans still in 11 formation, TE strong left, slot left (Hopkins), splits wide (Strong on the left, outside of Hookins; Fuller on the right).

This time, the Pats still shows cover 2, but brought 6 men to the line.
However, they rushed only four and play cover 2 man.

Strong ran a crossing route from wide left toward the right side line.
The guy that was supposed to be on Strong got caught in Hopkins' slot route; however.
That created a log jam with 3 guys ending up on Hopkins (including the SS).

So there was 3 guys on Hopkins, 3 guys on the other 3 receivers, the deep free safety, and 4 rushers.
What does that leave Strong with?
Zip, zero, nada defender on him.
And everything was right there in front of Osweiler.
It was incredulous to watch.
He's got to know that as soon as Strong ran past in front of him on the crossing route that he needs to get the ball to the receiver as soon as possible, like in yesterday.

Instead, he kept hoping and hoping for Hopkins to break free from the triple coverage and ended up throwing the ball into the dirt.
The guy simply does not know what he was doing out there.

I'm sorry if the words are harsh.

I just watched it myself. Have to say I may have been rash in my judgement of O'b. Looks like he made the second half adjustments I wanted to see. Most of all there were plenty of routes attacking the deep middle & other cover two beaters.

Looked like Brock was focused on getting the ball out quickly, or like you say was totally oblivious to what was going on.

The plays were there to change the outcome of that game... well at least the final score anyway.

On to Tennessee.

I just watched it myself. Have to say I may have been rash in my judgement of O'b. Looks like he made the second half adjustments I wanted to see. Most of all there were plenty of routes attacking the deep middle & other cover two beaters.

Looked like Brock was focused on getting the ball out quickly, or like you say was totally oblivious to what was going on.

The plays were there to change the outcome of that game... well at least the final score anyway.

On to Tennessee.

This is my thought also. It's the personnel.

Bad OL, RB who can't run up the middle, QB who can't read defenses.

But these are B'Obs handpicked guys.

Him and Rick have a plan, McNair said so.

On to Tennessee.
What good are the adjustments when the players aren't properly taught how to execute them?

If Brock was focusing to get the ball out quickly, there would have been a successful third down conversion.

What good are the adjustments when the players aren't properly taught how to execute them?

If Brock was focusing to get the ball out quickly, there would have been a successful third down conversion.

The Texans (6-15) were better on third down than the Pats were (4-14).

All I can say is wow. I mean yes Brock screwed up. He choked out there but this is only one game. Again one freaking game gentlemen. We are 2-1 and 1-1 against playoffs type teams. I am confident in Coach's ability to get a handle on Brock and his glaring mistakes.

All I can say is wow. I mean yes Brock screwed up. He choked out there but this is only one game. Again one freaking game gentlemen. We are 2-1 and 1-1 against playoffs type teams. I am confident in Coach's ability to get a handle on Brock and his glaring mistakes.

You may be alone in that... are you confidant in someone getting a handle on coach and his glaring mistakes?

You may be alone in that... are you confidant in someone getting a handle on coach and his glaring mistakes?

The owner got in that ash last year and we quickly went on what a 5 game winning streak. So you can best believe Mr. McNair spoke with him the coaching staff.

And I don't mind being the lone Ranger. I seen this man turn Fitz tragic aka turnover machine into a decent QB that year. And look what he did with that nonsense we had last year.

This is only week 3 and we should all know that week 8 will give us a better indication/ideal of what type of team we have out there.

The Texans (6-15) were better on third down than the Pats were (4-14).
Not quite sure about your point here, JB.

But at least I think we would want to make it 4-13 for the Pats.
(Brissett took a knee on 2nd and 3rd down to end the half.)

Still, you made me take another look at all the third down conversions by the Pats.
They had a good plan for each of them.
On pass attempts, either the pass was just long or just wide, or it was some good defense by the Texans.
It's painful to watch a rookie QB knowing what to do in those circumstances while the veteran on the Texan team showed suck lack of poise.

@TB,
It's not the loss; it's the play of the QB that was disconcerted to watch.
And obviously, the ineptitude of the coaching staff in preparing the team.
Last year, I had posted that I'd rather start the new season with a new coaching staff.
I had zero confidence in this one; and it showed again why.

The owner got in that ash last year and we quickly went on what a 5 game winning streak. So you can best believe Mr. McNair spoke with him the coaching staff.

And I don't mind being the lone Ranger. I seen this man turn Fitz tragic aka turnover machine into a decent QB that year. And look what he did with that nonsense we had last year.

This is only week 3 and we should all know that week 8 will give us a better indication/ideal of what type of team we have out there.

Not quite sure about your point here, JB.

But at least I think we would want to make it 4-13 for the Pats.
(Brissett took a knee on 2nd and 3rd down to end the half.)

Still, you made me take another look at all the third down conversions by the Pats.
They had a good plan for each of them.
On pass attempts, either the pass was just long or just wide, or it was some good defense by the Texans.
It's painful to watch a rookie QB knowing what to do in those circumstances while the veteran on the Texan team showed suck lack of poise.

@TB,
It's not the loss; it's the play of the QB that was disconcerted to watch.
And obviously, the ineptitude of the coaching staff in preparing the team.
Last year, I had posted that I'd rather start the new season with a new coaching staff.
I had zero confidence in this one; and it showed again why.

I'm just saying it's only one game. Did you see the Pittsburgh vs Philadelphia game? Big Ben looked even worse and he's been in the NFL how long. Go check out the Panthers game against the Vikings, Cam looked horrid and lost against that D. Let's venture over to the Cardinals camp lol Palmers was pure trash out their. Last week Wilson couldn't get anything going against the freaking Rams. And how did Winston look last week with all those interceptions?

My thing is ever QB has their up and downs. The Patriots didn't put too much on the rookies plate. He was tasked to manage the game thus the reason why he barely cracked 100 yards in the air. While Coach O'Brien had Brock airing that thing out hoping to get back in the game.

Again 8 weeks will give us a great indication on what we have at QB.

I hope that I'm dreaming, too.
Or maybe I have too much of a bias view ???

Here's the sequence

1-10-HOU 39
(5:18) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 17-B.Osweiler pass incomplete deep middle to 15-W.Fuller.
Texans in 11 formation, TE strong left, slot left, splits wide.
Pats show 42 front with the RDE just outside our TE.
Cover 2, with the 3 CBs near the LOS.

Pats rushed 4 while dropping into a 52 zone.

Hopkins lined up on the right numbers and ran a ten-yard out, taking away the FS.

Fuller ran a 15-yd in route from the left side line.
Strong ran a post route from the left slot.
Both guys were threatening the SS deep.

Normally, the SS would worry about the deep post route first, but not in this case.
He was undecided between the two receivers (Fuller and Strong) while in backpedaling.
There was no way he (the SS, no. 30 Harmon) can turn and run with the faster Strong on the fly.

Yes, Fuller dropped the pass (that was slightly behind), but Miller was directly in Osweiler's line of sight, just further downfield along with the SS.
Whether Osweiler's field vision was poor, or he does not understand route combinations vs. coverage very well, or he simply locked on one target and one target only, from the start.

That one has TD written all over it.
The deep middle was there (not just this one time); Osweiller just never took advantage of the situations.

2-10-HOU 39
(5:12) (Shotgun) 17-B.Osweiler pass incomplete short middle to 87-C.Fiedorowicz (95-C.Long).

Texans in 11 formation, except this time with the TE strong right.
Pats showed the same look, but they varied the actual coverage.
It was a modified tampa 2.

They rushed only 3.
The WDE no. 95 dropped back to man the short middle flat.
The WILL no. 91 Collins dropped back to man the deep middle.
(Basically, it's a 5-3 zone coverage.)

Osweiler threw the ball right at the short middle flat defender, the WDE no. 95. Fiedo was running a shallow crossing route past the WDE
He (the defender) was so surprised; the ball hit his right thigh or knee (or maybe it was his groin, LOL.)
If he was looking at the ball a bit earlier, that would have been an easy INT.

Fiedo was wide open in the zone and the throw was ten miles behind him;
I have no idea what Osweiler was seeing or thinking.

Again, No. 11 was open in the deep middle.
No. 91 did drop back deep in tampa 2, but there's no way he can stay with the speedy receiver (Jalen Strong.)

The two safeties were occupied with the two deep routes by Hopkins and Fuller.

Against a 3-man rush, Osweiler had plenty of time to go deep, but he chose not to.

That whole sequence looks ridiculous, just like something you see at a PWL game;
I'm still shaking my head.

3-10-HOU 39
(5:08) (Shotgun) 17-B.Osweiler pass incomplete short right to 11-J.Strong [96-A.Johnson].

Texans still in 11 formation, TE strong left, slot left (Hopkins), splits wide (Strong on the left, outside of Hookins; Fuller on the right).

This time, the Pats still shows cover 2, but brought 6 men to the line.
However, they rushed only four and play cover 2 man.

Strong ran a crossing route from wide left toward the right side line.
The guy that was supposed to be on Strong got caught in Hopkins' slot route; however.
That created a log jam with 3 guys ending up on Hopkins (including the SS).

So there was 3 guys on Hopkins, 3 guys on the other 3 receivers, the deep free safety, and 4 rushers.
What does that leave Strong with?
Zip, zero, nada defender on him.
And everything was right there in front of Osweiler.
It was incredulous to watch.
He's got to know that as soon as Strong ran past in front of him on the crossing route that he needs to get the ball to the receiver as soon as possible, like in yesterday.

Instead, he kept hoping and hoping for Hopkins to break free from the triple coverage and ended up throwing the ball into the dirt.
The guy simply does not know what he was doing out there.

I'm sorry if the words are harsh.

Sooo ..... I watched the coaches tape too, and on these plays you specifically pointed out ...

First play 15 yard in to Fuller. Agree that the seam route to Strong would have been a much better choice. Solid 20+ yard gain with TD potential. But the decision to throw to Fuller wasn't bad. Fuller was wide open on that route, The underneath coverage got sucked up, and that's when Brock released the throw. A better throw results in a completion and an extra 5yards of YAC minimum. Still a good decision just the throw itself was bad, Ball released a little after 3 seconds of receiving the snap. But a throw to Strong at the same moment would have a been a massive gain. I would agree that Brock has tunnel vision based off of this play, if he was able to see things in a wider scope he would have noticed Strong immediately open and lasered it in between the 2 and 3 second mark of him holding the ball. A few of those could have taken the Pats out of their cover 2 shell.

2nd play, agree with pretty much everything .... that was awful. Omg, that was awful.

3rd play, Right side of the pocket starts collapsing on him at the 2 second count after he received the ball, and Os moves left to avoid the rush (almost into the RDE but a convenient hold prevents him from making the play). Unfortunately, Brock is in full bail out mode at this point, the only only way he sees Strong is if he had been looking at him since the play. I can't really call this one locking on because of how quickly he bails in the pocket. That's alot of things to be thinking about at the same time in that moment. By the time he looks towards Strong there are a bunch of people between him and Strong. And he throws while still shuffling backwards, leaning back, off his back foot (facepalm). Even if Strong cathes that at that point, he would have to beat the 3 Pats in a dead sprint towards him with 8 yards after catch. It would have been close if he squeezed the sideline.

And that's my analysis of those three plays, even with my bias being more in favor of Brock than 76 Texans, it's not good, although not as Hoyerable as my initial reading of 76's analysis led me to believe.

Last edited:
Sooo ..... I watched the coaches tape too, and on these plays you specifically pointed out ...

3rd play, Right side of the pocket starts collapsing on him at the 2 second count after he received the ball, and Os moves left to avoid the rush (almost into the RDE but a convenient hold prevents him from making the play). Unfortunately, Brock is in full bail out mode at this point, the only only way he sees Strong is if he had been looking at him since the play. I can't really call this one locking on because of how quickly he bails in the pocket. That's alot of things to be thinking about at the same time in that moment. By the time he looks towards Strong there are a bunch of people between him and Strong. And he throws while still shuffling backwards, leaning back, off his back foot (facepalm). Even if Strong cathes that at that point, he would have to beat the 3 Pats in a dead sprint towards him with 8 yards after catch. It would have been close if he squeezed the sideline.

And that's my analysis of those three plays, even with my bias being more in favor of Brock than 76 Texans, it's not good, although not as Hoyerable as my initial reading of 76's analysis led me to believe.
I have to disagree here.
The main thing is Osweiler was looking left the whole time.
And that was the side where both Hopkins and Strong started their routes.
He has to see that it was man coverage, and that Hopkins were surrounded by 3 players.
All receivers run pre-determined routes.
He has to "know" that Strong is automatically free.
He did eventually go to Strong, but by then it was too late.

Hoyer is the case of a guy lacking arm and physical talent.
This "type" of guys need to realize that they are game managers, and play within their capability.
That was Hoyer's failure.
(And perhaps the concussion did something to him, too.)

I'm just saying it's only one game. Did you see the Pittsburgh vs Philadelphia game? Big Ben looked even worse and he's been in the NFL how long. Go check out the Panthers game against the Vikings, Cam looked horrid and lost against that D. Let's venture over to the Cardinals camp lol Palmers was pure trash out their. Last week Wilson couldn't get anything going against the freaking Rams. And how did Winston look last week with all those interceptions?

My thing is ever QB has their up and downs. The Patriots didn't put too much on the rookies plate. He was tasked to manage the game thus the reason why he barely cracked 100 yards in the air. While Coach O'Brien had Brock airing that thing out hoping to get back in the game.

Again 8 weeks will give us a great indication on what we have at QB.
I did watch the Seahawks-Rams game.
It was a great defensive battle, and Wilson was playing gimpy to start with.

The other 3 games, I did go back and watched the "low" lights of Palmer, Winston, and Big Ben.
Sure, they had bad games, but those INTs and the fumble were not a result of not knowing what to do.

One (by Palmer) was due to a mis-communication with the receiver and 3 were late-game play-from-way-behind throws hoping for a break.

The ones by Ben and Winston were of the trying-to-do-too-much, or good defensive plays (one was also a hail-mary) type of things.
Nobody like those plays, but they are understandable.

I have to disagree here.
The main thing is Osweiler was looking left the whole time.
And that was the side where both Hopkins and Strong started their routes.
He has to see that it was man coverage, and that Hopkins were surrounded by 3 players.
All receivers run pre-determined routes.
He has to "know" that Strong is automatically free.
He did eventually go to Strong, but by then it was too late.

The best thing he could have done on that play was stayed in the pocked and drop a floater to Strong as he got hit, but trying to hit a crossing route, while fleeing a pocket in the opposite direction is never a good idea. Once he started scrambling to the left, I lost all hope of him completing that pass, Plus he's trying to get 10 yards on that play, I doubt the 2 yard drag route is his first, second, or third option. I agree it was the best option on the play, but determining if the receiver can get that extra 8 yards in that amount of time is a lot to ask of someone. Even if he completes that pass, if Strong doesn't get the first you'd crucify him for dumping the ball off on 3rd and 10

I did watch the Seahawks-Rams game.
It was a great defensive battle, and Wilson was playing gimpy to start with.

The other 3 games, I did go back and watched the "low" lights of Palmer, Winston, and Big Ben.
Sure, they had bad games, but those INTs and the fumble were not a result of not knowing what to do.

One (by Palmer) was due to a mis-communication with the receiver and 3 were late-game play-from-way-behind throws hoping for a break.

The ones by Ben and Winston were of the trying-to-do-too-much, or good defensive plays (one was also a hail-mary) type of things.
Nobody like those plays, but they are understandable.

This response here make it seem as if you are being extra critical on Brock's performance. All those quarterbacks I mentioned above had terrible games. While under duress or if I may, in the heat of the battle/moment did not make good decision on the field during those particular games. Some were wily veterans who have a whole lot more game experience than Brock. (10 games starting).

Again let's give this man some time.

Rome wasn't built over night.

The best thing he could have done on that play was stayed in the pocked and drop a floater to Strong as he got hit, but trying to hit a crossing route, while fleeing a pocket in the opposite direction is never a good idea. Once he started scrambling to the left, I lost all hope of him completing that pass, Plus he's trying to get 10 yards on that play, I doubt the 2 yard drag route is his first, second, or third option. I agree it was the best option on the play, but determining if the receiver can get that extra 8 yards in that amount of time is a lot to ask of someone. Even if he completes that pass, if Strong doesn't get the first you'd crucify him for dumping the ball off on 3rd and 10
I agree.
I would have preferred for him to stay in the pocket.

I still think that no matter what, he needs to get the ball to Strong - as I've stated - "as soon as possible".
It could be a normal reflex for a QB to decide to scramble when he feels the rush; I don't blame him for that.
But I really would like the QB to become automatic in similar situation.

@TB
I just prefer a QB with the smart between the ears.
That was known here on the MB (especially in the draft forum) over the years.
I didn't care for Mallett for the same reason.

This response here make it seem as if you are being extra critical on Brock's performance. All those quarterbacks I mentioned above had terrible games. While under duress or if I may, in the heat of the battle/moment did not make good decision on the field during those particular games. Some were wily veterans who have a whole lot more game experience than Brock. (10 games starting).

Again let's give this man some time.

Rome wasn't built over night.

As a result of the loss of Watt, among all players on this team it is Brock who must perform better than he has over the first 3 games. I don't think the defense can cover up bad or even mediocre QB play w/o Watt out there. Fair or not, Brock needs to start living up to the big salary he's making sooner rather than later.

Rome has to be built overnight. Else it won't be built at all.

As a result of the loss of Watt, among all players on this team it is Brock who must perform better than he has over the first 3 games. I don't think the defense can cover up bad or even mediocre QB play w/o Watt out there. Fair or not, Brock needs to start living up to the big salary he's making sooner rather than later.

Rome has to be built overnight. Else it won't be built at all.

Can we please stay away from what he's making financially.

I'm not disputing the simple fact that Brock has to play better. He's actually played decent in the first two games. Not great but okay.

As far as playing better is concerned, Brock is not the only one that has to step his game up. Starting with the coaching staff; O'Brien has to come up with a better game plan than he did against the Patriots.
Godsey playing calling most definitely need improvements.
Izzo and his special teams has to perform better.

Crennel has to trust his DBs enough to have them play more bump and run. Teams has been exploiting that 10+ cushion for quite some time now. He can't always rely on our front 7 to get max pressure all the times.
The #1 pick Clowney has to be the main man now that JJ is out.
The secondary most definitely have to play better. Especially now since we lost the best pass rusher in this Era of football.
The offensive line have to start opening up some holes for Miller to take advantage of.

You see Brock can not do this all by himself.

And unfortunately Rome isn't built over night. It takes time to build a dynasty.

Here's what Brock had to say to all that are critical critiquing his play this far. Haha

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/781543146081685504/photo/1

Osweiler is also very naive.

There are a lot of resources nowadays on the internet.

One can spend time in as many QB classes, seminars, etc. as one wishes.

A non-playing person can learn quite a bit about how to play the position if he spends the time.

Besides, fans and critiques can do whatever they want.
Osweiler just needs to grow a pair and shows it on the field.

What's worse than a non-performing QB?
One with a big mouth.
:ahhaha:

A non-playing person can learn quite a bit about how to play the position if he spends the time.

One with a big mouth.

so why aren't you employed by a NFL team?

Heck, one can learn a lot of maths, even enough to get a bachelor in Mathematics without being employed as a mathematician.

Same thing goes with science, history, and whatever else.

Football is far from rocket science, to tell the truth.

Here's what Brock had to say to all that are critical critiquing his play this far. Haha

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/781543146081685504/photo/1

This is what I've been seeing with Brock over the 1st 3 games-

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...k-Osweiler-s-failures-to-look-off-9241090.php

And in this article is every pass he threw against the Pats-

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ndex-carson-wentz-hits-top-five-strange-days-

You wrote that Brock has played decent so far. I couldn't disagree more. The Texans are 27th in the league in passing per game and have thrown just 3 TD's to 4 INT's. He is under 60% completion.

Yes, other players on this team need to play better, specifically the offensive line and ST's overall. But I stand by my comment that Brock of all Texans needs to perform much better than he has if the Texans are to at least have a winning record this season.

One with a big mouth.

Yeah you can learn a few things on the Internet for sure. But the hands on experience still out weighs the Internet knowledge.

We all can point the flaws in a game. Shoots my 11 year old son was asking me during game day, " why didn't Miller bounce that outside". He plays running back for his team. So I recorded his game and asked him why didn't he bounce certain plays outside. Haha

I said to say we could critique all day everyday but if we were actually in his shoes, we would make some of or more mistakes than Brock did.

Easier said than done.

Yeah you can learn a few things on the Internet for sure. But the hands on experience still out weighs the Internet knowledge.

We all can point the flaws in a game. Shoots my 11 year old son was asking me during game day, " why didn't Miller bounce that outside". He plays running back for his team. So I recorded his game and asked him why didn't he bounce certain plays outside. Haha

I said to say we could critique all day everyday but if we were actually in his shoes, we would make some of or more mistakes than Brock did.

Easier said than done.
A person might not have the physique to play football, and so he may not play it well, or at all.
That doesn't mean he doesn't know enough about the game to critique a play.

For example, one can look up some youtube clip for tampa 2 defense and comes up with something like these, to name just a few.

Besides, there are plenty of books, both online and at the library that teach the game.
One just need to learn the theory to understand how the game is played.
The more one learns, the more one knows.

Have you ever read this:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...nfl-coaches-have-experience-playing-in-league

Those that can't do, teach.
Concept is much different than execution. I can watch brain surgery videos on YouTube all day long, doesn't mean I should buy a surgeon's kit and start tinkering around.

Concept is much different than execution. I can watch brain surgery videos on YouTube all day long, doesn't mean I should buy a surgeon's kit and start tinkering around.

And if you didn't know the illness, or what surgery was called for? You could still talk a great operation tho

Again we can do that all day long. But can we get out there and execute. It's a total different ball game when you have so much coming at you and etc. In the heat of the battle you tend to miss somethings. That was one of my explanation to me son.
True.

And that's why I'd rather find a QB that can make more plays than he misses.

I don't need to be a doctor specializing in cancer to learn about it enough to help and support the people that I care for.

No, I will never claim to be able to cure cancer.

A person might not have the physique to play football, and so he may not play it well, or at all.
That doesn't mean he doesn't know enough about the game to critique a play.

I think he was very specific about "knowing his reads."

Sure, we can make educated guesses & critique his play, but... we don't know what he's supposed to be looking at.

You know how you would coach a certain situation. But for all we know O'b told him in this situation, regardless what's happening over there, I want you to do this.

Then when things don't go right & O'b says, "Why?" Brock will be like, "Because you said." & O'b would say, "Yeah but..." or, "I meant... except."

It's a learning process.

I think he was very specific about "knowing his reads."

Sure, we can make educated guesses & critique his play, but... we don't know what he's supposed to be looking at.

You know how you would coach a certain situation. But for all we know O'b told him in this situation, regardless what's happening over there, I want you to do this.

Then when things don't go right & O'b says, "Why?" Brock will be like, "Because you said." & O'b would say, "Yeah but..." or, "I meant... except."

It's a learning process.
I thought so, too.
And I didn't even know what he was responding, either.

I just don't think it's smart for him to either underestimating a fan or get into any situation with a fan, even if that fan was incorrect.

He's got to understand that QB is a position that get scrutinized a lot, rightly or wrongly.
Best to side-step it, and move on if at all possible.

Back