Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Official 2010 Training Camp Thread

I didn't want to start a new thread for this, but finally, the Texans preseason games will be in HD. I remember bitching last year of the poor quality.

"We are pleased to be taking a big step forward for our fans as we present our preseason games in high definition with new music, graphics and animations," Texans president Jamey Rootes said. "The passion for our team in Houston and across the region is at an all-time high, and we think that our broadcast upgrades, especially HD, will provide an even more exciting and engaging viewing experience for our fans."

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=6248

Now if they can only keep Bob Allen from talking through the entire game. I swear that those guys could really care less about the game, as long as they get their "air time".

Ha, yeah, that group is horrible. I can barely handle Joel Meyers, but Spencer Tillman is bad, real bad. I wonder if he uses the ol "apple and a road map" phrase? Betcha he does...

At 23 I had already served my country and then went off to school.

The other thing I would say to Amobi is that "You are paid a lot of money to produce - not make excuses".

At 23 I had already served my country and then went off to school.

The other thing I would say to Amobi is that "You are paid a lot of money to produce - not make excuses".

Making excuses comes with the generation Amobi was born in Bill! He probably thinks he IS productive, just because he gets up in the morning and goes to camp. We owe him don't ya know! That seems to be the general attitude of kids these days. They want it all, but, only want to do half the work to get it.

"From what I've seen so far, there is absolutely no problem with his strength. In fact, this camp compared to camp last year, he's playing quite a bit stronger. He's playing with better leverage, better technique. Again, it's always the same thing: We need to keep working to get better pass-rush techniques. But the way he's been playing the run, I'm really pretty pleased with how he's doing."
- Kollar on DT Amobi Okoye, who reported to camp at 283 pounds, 13 pounds lighter than his playing weight in 2009

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=6251

A few words from Kubiak on Dan Orlovsky in the same article.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=6251

"Up and down" was how Kubiak described the play of backup quarterback Dan Orlovsky, who signed last year as a free agent from the Detroit Lions. Orlovsky lost the No. 2 job to Rex Grossman in 2009 after a shaky preseason, but he has made strides in the Texans' offense in his second offseason in Houston. "He's doing a lot of the things much better than he did last year," Kubiak said. "There are still some lapses from the standpoint of being consistent, but when you're the guy that's not playing a lot every day, that's usually what happens. He's just got to find that level of consistency with his amount of reps."

From this and some comments I heard on the radio from someone reporting from training camp, it sounds like Orlovsky has been spotty at best. Hopefully Dan-O is able to pull it together during the rest of the preseason.

I am going to tonight's training camp. Debating about taking my camera, but will probably break down and take it.

From what I remember, you can bring your own water in, is that true?

And, who else is going to be there tonight? I am excited about getting my first taste of Texan's football for the season.

haha what an awesome joke by kubiak giving trindon this instead of a stationary bike

600xPopupGallery.jpg

I'll be going to training camp on Saturday. How early should I get there for those who have gone this year? Has it filled up pretty quickly due to the printed tickets?

I'll be going to training camp on Saturday. How early should I get there for those who have gone this year? Has it filled up pretty quickly due to the printed tickets?

Yeah I have the same question. What time should I bee there to get good seats? The day I went, the seats were all taken and I had to stand by the endzone and couldn't see much.

Yeah I have the same question. What time should I bee there to get good seats? The day I went, the seats were all taken and I had to stand by the endzone and couldn't see much.

Depends on if you want to sit down or not...If you want to watch the big boys then you can walk around on the track and stand up...

The practice I went to wasn't too crowded and towards the end it was clearing out and plenty seats were available.

If you want an indication of how crowded it's going to be look at the Texans website and if the practice date doesn't say "sold out" then it probably won't be as crowded.

Number 15 has great hair and hands at the same time it's great. AJ had a few long bombs night he's just an all out freak but we already knew that.

Funniest pictures I took last night

Pollard "coaching up" Brice McCain:
DSCF2753.jpg

McCain argues back:
DSCF2752.jpg

Pollard telling McCain to watch it or he'll knock the piss outta him:

DSCF2751.jpg

Pollard telling him some more after he walked away:
DSCF2750.jpg

No wonder Pollard is a fan favorite...

I went last night, sold out crowd, and had no problem finding a good seat. I got there after they opened the gates and right before practice started. ONLY problem was finding parking! What a biatch!! Finally had to double park at the end of a row. Very tempting to NOT key a few cars and trucks that took up two spaces! How RUDE and disrespectful!!

i'm a little surprised to see reeves at third string behind molden... but it's encouraging to say the least.

I would like to ask the folks who went to TC if you've noticed whether we were in the 3-3 Defense some? And if so, who was doing what?

Any 3-4 at all?

Unofficial depth chart out. Nothing surprising.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/depthchart.html

In addition to Okam ahead of Robinson, and Molden ahead of Reeves, I am also surprised that Owen Daniels has been completely left off of the depth chart. There are several players with various injuries that are included on this chart, and Brian Cushing is on it, even though he will be out for the first four games. But Daniels is nowhere to be found. I am starting to get the sense that Owen Daniels could be out for a good while yet.

In addition to Okam ahead of Robinson, and Molden ahead of Reeves, I am also surprised that Owen Daniels has been completely left off of the depth chart. There are several players with various injuries that are included on this chart, and Brian Cushing is on it, even though he will be out for the first four games. But Daniels is nowhere to be found. I am starting to get the sense that Owen Daniels could be out for a good while yet.

It might have more to do with him being on the Active PUP list, and therefore not available to practice/play until he's removed from it.

Given the Texans and Daniels have continued to maintain publicly that they are shooting for him to be ready in game 1, I doubt they'd leave him off the depth chart because they're concerned about a lengthier recovery time (even if they're concerned about a lengthier recovery time).

From what I have seen thus far Molden might start in game number one. Parsons has also looked good. I see Reevs as a keeper he played nicely last season he just has to remember to turn his head around which has always been the case with him and he's the only true vet CB left on the team. To this point I do not know if Jackson will start he has not shown a whole lot thus far but all of that may just change soon. There are five RB's on the roster I think the same three which are exspected to make the team pretty much will and one of the others are going to be placed on the PS for deapth purposes. If OD is ready to go at the start of the season then great but I'm not too worried about it some one will step in if a void remains to be open. The O line is pretty much a lock except for the LG spot between Casey and Mike but that is mainly because of Mike's foot is not holding up at this point. I see Jacoby Jones and Kevin Walter used as a 2a 2b type of combo with maybe Jones in the slot. The safties as you know are Wilson and Pollard follwed by Nolan and Barber just like it has been. I will tell you if Matt goes down this team is in deep doo doo no matter who the backup is because neither one of them compares to Matt even though right now I give the slight edge to Booty. Bye, Bye, Okam I hope.

Back