Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Nick Caserio - New GM

When you only have 21 players under contract in 2023 because you've been rearranging chairs on the Titanic, that $118MM is not going to go as far as you think it will. The good news is they can stop signing everyone to one year contracts. They should be able to sign a few 3-4 year contracts. Then again we're talking about Mr. I must restructure it.

When you add 20-25 or more guys through the draft and vet min FA's that will give Caserio the ability to add 2-3 mid tier FA's and a couple premium FA's if Lovie decides to go that way. If the Saints can be a player in the Derrick sweepstakes being 75 mil over the cap, I'm sure Lovie/Caserio will be able to figure it out.

When you add 20-25 or more guys through the draft and vet min FA's that will give Caserio the ability to add 2-3 mid tier FA's and a couple premium FA's if Lovie decides to go that way. If the Saints can be a player in the Derrick sweepstakes being 75 mil over the cap, I'm sure Lovie/Caserio will be able to figure it out.
Now that the latest Caserio FUBAR has run it's course I'm ready to move on and concentrate on the draft until the next Caserio FUBAR. Which is likely to be, only 5 weeks away. I expect that is when the next major disappointment to happen.

Now that the latest Caserio FUBAR has run it's course I'm ready to move on and concentrate on the draft until the next Caserio FUBAR. Which is likely to be, only 5 weeks away. I expect that is when the next major disappointment to happen.
Personally, I don't think any of the prospective suitors offered more than 3 firsts - otherwise Caserio would have been back on the phone with them. He may not have been looking for players in leiu of picks either - they may not have wanted to be here and/or their price tags were too high.

Now that the latest Caserio FUBAR has run it's course I'm ready to move on and concentrate on the draft until the next Caserio FUBAR. Which is likely to be, only 5 weeks away. I expect that is when the next major disappointment to happen.ahead and let us know
Go ahead and let us know now what you think NC should do in the first instead of making up some bs after the fact. We can wait for awhile to laugh like we did with your call for Bortles

Personally, I don't think any of the prospective suitors offered more than 3 firsts - otherwise Caserio would have been back on the phone with them. He may not have been looking for players in leiu of picks either - they may not have wanted to be here and/or their price tags were too high.
He seemed to have said in his presser that those three first rounders were the key just to get access to DW. He weeded out a lot of sightseers that way. So I guess the other picks were negotiated? He has gotten a lot of credit in the NFL for setting the bar. It sounds like those three round 1 picks prevented DW from squeezing the Texans down to just one team that wanted to pay him the most without the Texans perhaps getting what they wanted. They got that upfront And teams like the Browns actually were just competing between each other trying to determine which one wanted to ruin their cap the most.

He seemed to have said in his presser that those three first rounders were the key just to get access to DW. He weeded out a lot of sightseers that way. So I guess the other picks were negotiated? He has gotten a lot of credit in the NFL for setting the bar. It sounds like those three round 1 picks prevented DW from squeezing the Texans down to just one team that wanted to pay him the most without the Texans perhaps getting what they wanted. They got that upfront And teams like the Browns actually were just competing between each other trying to determine which one wanted to ruin their cap the most.
I guess to make my point a little clearer, in effect NC pushed the problem of getting DW to waive his NTC off on his suitors, not the Texans through the contract angle which was just going to be it in the end, while still getting what they wanted.

Go ahead and let us know now what you think NC should do in the first instead of making up some bs after the fact. We can wait for awhile to laugh like we did with your call for Bortles
I always do. I always post my live draft day picks. It's there for your perusal.

Laugh all you want but who is laughing now. If the Texans had drafted Bortles they would have been much better off.

In 2015 they wouldn't of had to go thru QB hell with Hoyer and Mallett carousel while Bortles had more TD passes.

In 2016 you wouldn't of had to go through that terrible horrible awful Osweiler fiasco from which the Texans have still not recovered, saved tons of money and draft picks too, while Blake Bortles was throwing for 35 TDs.

In 2017 Bortles may have been able to get the Texans to the AFC Championship game like he did the Jags. A place the Texans are not familiar since they have never been.

Not to mention that Bortles 103 TDs were much more productive than Clowney's 32 sacks.

They wouldn't have drafted a Sexual Pervert and become the laughing stock of the NFL. They wouldn't be in the pickle they are today.

So laugh all you want but someone else is getting the last laugh.

If you and the Texans had listened to me 7 years ago, you know I could have saved you 6 years of heart ache with Bill O'Brien. And you were such a cheerleader. I said at the time OB would fail like the 8 Belichick assistants who went before him. Who knew my clairvoyance would've seen that Blake Bortles would've been a better option than Bill O'Brien.

I think I will favorite this post and every time you want to have a 7 year old Bortles discussion I can copy and paste this for you again. Carry ON. I'm laughing now. :) HA HA because you know I am right!

Last edited:
In 2015 they wouldn't of had to go thru QB hell with Hoyer and Mallett carousel while Bortles had more TD passes.
Bill O'Brien started Tom Savage over Deshaun Watson.

Bortles wasn't going to protect us from Hoyer/Mallett. Push it off for a year most likely & we'd be a year behind where we are now.

Bad as he was, we wouldn't have suffered Bortles for more than a year (likely them dumb JagUars)

I always do. I always post my live draft day picks. It's there for your perusal.

Laugh all you want but who is laughing now. If the Texans had drafted Bortles they would have been much better off.

In 2016 you wouldn't of had to go through that terrible horrible awful Osweiler fiasco from which the Texans have still not recovered, saved tons of money and draft picks too, while Blake Bortles was throwing for 35 TDs.

In 2017 Bortles may have been able to get the Texans to the AFC Championship game like he did the Jags. A place the Texans are not familiar since they have never been.

Not to mention that Bortles 103 TDs were much more productive than Clowney's 32 sacks.

They wouldn't have drafted a Sexual Pervert and become the laughing stock of the NFL. They wouldn't be in the pickle they are today.

If you and the Texans had listened to me 7 years ago, you know I could have saved you 6 years of heart ache with Bill O'Brien. And you were such a cheerleader. I said at the time OB would fail like the 8 Belichick assistants who went before him. Who knew my clairvoyance would've seen that Blake Bortles would've been a better option than Bill O'Brien.

I think I will favorite this post and every time you want to have a 7 year old Bortles discussion I can copy and paste this for you again. Carry ON. I'm laughing now. :) HA HA because you know I am right!
Didn't you have Donald as your number one ranked player that year? Maybe go with that, rather than all that nonsense you just wrote.

Bill O'Brien started Tom Savage over Deshaun Watson.

Bortles wasn't going to protect us from Hoyer/Mallett. Push it off for a year most likely & we'd be a year behind where we are now.

Bad as he was, we wouldn't have suffered Bortles for more than a year (likely them dumb JagUars)
In 2017 Bortles was a quarter away from the Super Bowl. Victim to another Brady Q4 comeback.

I knew exactly what your canned response was going to be, which makes it even funnier.

Caserio was put into a holding pattern with the Watson fiasco.

He couldn’t do a total reset until that was behind us.

It appears his strategy has been to have the team ready for when he could move forward.

Now he has the Watson situation behind him he can build up the team through the draft and starting with the 2023 season he will have a clean slate of financials for the most part and can make real deals for free agents.

Now he needs to hit on those draft picks!

Now we have to move forward, establish some clarity for all involved, seize on our opportunities, put a relevance on our day to day, filter thru everything and don't lose sight what needs to get done, you've to be thoughtful, can't get too high or too low, be realistic about what may or may not happen, you never know how it will end until it ends....and that was just in the first 3 minutes. Good Grief!

The man is not capable of having a normal conversation. For 20 years working for Bill Belichick, Caserio in every meeting wrote down and memorized every Belichick cliche. Ladies and Gentlemen let me introduce you to Mr. Nick Cliche. Cannot speak conversationally but can speak endlessly using only cliches. He only does it one day at a time.

Now we have to move forward, establish some clarity for all involved, seize on our opportunities, put a relevance on our day to day, filter thru everything and don't lose sight what needs to get done, you've to be thoughtful, can't get too high or too low, be realistic about what may or may not happen, you never know how it will end until it ends....and that was just in the first 3 minutes. Good Grief!

The man is not capable of having a normal conversation. For 20 years working for Bill Belichick, Caserio in every meeting wrote down and memorized every Belichick cliche. Ladies and Gentlemen let me introduce you to Mr. Nick Cliche. Cannot speak conversationally but can speak endlessly using only cliches. He only does it one day at a time.
Caserio earned his degree in finance from John Carroll University and later earned his master's of business administration from Saginaw Valley State University.
He must have been doing something right to last 20 years in the Patriots dynastic franchise.

I like it

And I doubt he wrote anything down.

How to talk in circles and dazzle them with your bullshit while they think your brilliant. 10,598 pages. Forward by Mill Millichik.

the reviews are in - relative to every book on uttering nothing but bullshit I’ve read, this has to be near the top. Shill O’ryan

I like the name Nick Cliche.

It reminds me of that guy who was married to Jessica Simpson, who reminds me of Jessica Simpson.

giphy.gif

I could see 22-25 draft picks and udfa making the team in the next 2 years. Particularly when Caserio starts trading down in the draft. The Calhoun's are so well positioned
There is no reason why The Texans should not be sitting atop of the AFC South in the next (3) years. However, I have since learned and now have every confidence that Game Boy, Preacher Man and File Clerk will continue FUBAR this up in only in a way they know how.

There is no reason why The Texans should not be sitting atop of the AFC South in the next (3) years. However, I have since learned and now have every confidence that Game Boy, Preacher Man and File Clerk will continue FUBAR this up in only in a way they know how.

Went back to file clerk huh? That’s ok.

I'm just going to go ahead and put this out there to beat any Monday morning QB rap if this were to happen. If by chance Nick Caserio does end up trading Brandin Cooks and gets anything less than a 2nd RD pick, he got hosed once again.

I'm just going to go ahead and put this out there to beat any Monday morning QB rap if this were to happen. If by chance Nick Caserio does end up trading Brandin Cooks and gets anything less than a 2nd RD pick, he got hosed once again.

Do you think this is a realistic trade proposal?

3 Brandin Cooks trade packages to send to New York Jets

Jets Get:
WR Brandin Cooks
80th overall pick

Texans Get
10th overall pick
38th overall pick
117th pick
2023 2nd round pick

Do you think this is a realistic trade proposal?

3 Brandin Cooks trade packages to send to New York Jets

Jets Get:
WR Brandin Cooks
80th overall pick

Texans Get
10th overall pick
38th overall pick
117th pick
2023 2nd round pick

I don’t think Cooks rates a RD1 return, but I think the Texans could possibly talk the Jets out of their (2) RD2 picks.

Jets Get:
WR- Brandin Cooks
RD4- 108

Texans Get:
RD2-035
RD2-038

I think both teams could walk away from this deal pretty satisfied.

Unrealistic to get a 1st and a high 2nd for Cooks at this point imo. How are you going to see if Mills can be the man you need by trading his best wr?

Mills is working with Collins this off-season….not Cooks. The Texans can draft 2 more solid receivers in this draft to work with Collins. Me, I’d love to see the Texans draft:

WR- Christian Watson (North Dakota State) 6-4 @ 208 lbs / 4.36-40 / Speed Receiver at All Levels of the Field with the ability to take the top off defenses and who will block downfield.

WR- Alec Pierce (Cincinnati) 6-3 @ 211 lbs / 4.41-40 / Fast Possession Receiver who blocks downfield. I’d really like the mismatches he could create as a SWR.

Add In:
WR- Nico Collins (Texans / Year 2) 6-4 @ 215 lbs / 4.42-40 / Has spent the entire off-season working with Davis Mills to create comfort and trust with one another.

Back