Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Nick Caserio - New GM

What have the patriots done in the drafts that has been so outstanding? The formula to the pats success is Brady+Belichek and a bunch of so so players. Why Haven’t the McNairs learned this lesson? Good god if they pick josh McDaniels as HC I’m going to hire Jeff gillooly to come out retirement and smack McNair, caserio and McDaniels!!

I’d be way more concerned about mirroring the “patriot way” if we hired another guy from NE to be the HC. This is different & folks are overplaying their hands as usual.

Caserio’s a great hire

To me as with most, it's about the talent and coaching. I've never viewed the Pat's as a talented team, but they were well coached. This team can get to 8 wins just on better coaching at every position. To get to 12 wins they need more talent. They can get young talent off the discount bin and coach them up. That's where your pro personel guy comes in. Look at Tyson Alah Alah. The former high pick from the Jags looked like a bust, but in Pittsburgh he's a good player. There are plenty of players like that in the NFL. That's also where coaching comes in.

So, are we rehiring OB now?

:tinfoil:

So now I’m thinking maybe it wasn’t Kraft that convinced Josh to turn down the Colts job.

What if it was Caserio who told him to be patient. That he’s already sent his herald to a new world to prepare the way.

& just like Cal felt like he had to go through all this theatre to hire Caserio, he set BO’b up with plenty of rope to justify firing him.

Let's see how many ex pats he brings before drawing lines in the sand. At least till after fa and the draft.

you can count on 2-3 guys coming from NE just due to the Belichick nepotism going on out there with Bill having both of his sons on the coaching staff. He’ll wanna move 1 or both of them up to higher positions. Still though I dont think you can say that means we’re imitating the Pats.

That would happen anyway no matter what guy we plucked from another winning org.

you can count on 2-3 guys coming from NE just due to the Belichick nepotism going on out there with Bill having both of his sons on the coaching staff. He’ll wanna move 1 or both of them up to higher positions. Still though I dont think you can say that means we’re imitating the Pats.

That would happen anyway no matter what guy we plucked from another winning org.

How many ne cast-offs before you think folks aren't over playing their hand?

Im seeing 4 by your count?

So now I’m thinking maybe it wasn’t Kraft that convinced Josh to turn down the Colts job.

What if it was Caserio who told him to be patient. That he’s already sent his herald to a new world to prepare the way.

& just like Cal felt like he had to go through all this theatre to hire Caserio, he set BO’b up with plenty of rope to justify firing him.

You might be on to something lol but Cal shouldve just listened to steelb and fired OB after 51-7 cause thats plenty of rope there, but nope the man had to wait til our future resources were decimated :smiliepalm:

Time to get to work Nick, gotta find a HC and the combine is right around the corner.

How do y'all feel about this?

McDaniel's HC
Kevin O'Connell OC
Matt Patricia DC?

I wonder who the next OL coach will be?
I'm not sure about Josh as a HC, and its not about the "new England south" thing. Its just that he just doesn't really seem like a leader of men to me imo

I dont mind Matt as a DC though

Nightmare scenario. Might as well hire Fat Travolta as Executive Salary Cap and Trade Consultant.

It's likely to happen

Sleep tight.

I'm willing to give this a couple of seasons to see how it plays out. But I'm still thinking there will be no championships. On the bright side, McDaniels made it as far in the playoffs as the Texans ever have with Tebow as his QB.

You might be on to something lol but Cal shouldve just listened to steelb and fired OB after 51-7 cause thats plenty of rope there, but nope the man had to wait til our future resources were decimated :smiliepalm:

that was too early. He’d have had to hire a coach for one season, then fire him the next.

The :tinfoil: scenario is about creating room for Caserio (who we couldn’t hire last season) & his BFF.

How many ne cast-offs before you think folks aren't over playing their hand?

Im seeing 4 by your count?

with as long as the Pats were on top, you could wind up with more than 4 guys with NE ties as assistants under Belichick, but they’d be so far removed from those jobs, many people wouldn’t even realize they were former NE coaches.

Daboll for HC -was in NE back in 2011

Bring up young ferentz from IOwa to be the OC - he was in NE as a TE coach for a long time under belichick in the mid 2000’s

capers as DC....was a special assistant to Belichick back in 2008 before he took off to GB

there have been so many guys who have churned thru his coaching staff

It's likely to happen

Sleep tight.

I'm willing to give this a couple of seasons to see how it plays out. But I'm still thinking there will be no championships. On the bright side, McDaniels made it as far in the playoffs as the Texans ever have with Tebow as his QB.

Yay - good for one round then DONE just like a musket. That’s setting the bar low, that’s par for this course/team.

I truly don’t understand what the pats have done in the draft to make caserio the GM. I’m willing to listen so I can be excited about my team but this woody for trying recreate the patriots success is a FAILED experiment. Ask the lions, chiefs, browns, broncos, and Texans. book is still out on the titans but the fruit off the belichek tree goes bad pretty fast.

with as long as the Pats were on top, you could wind up with more than 4 guys with NE ties as assistants under Belichick, but they’d be so far removed from those jobs, many people wouldn’t even realize they were former NE coaches.

Daboll for HC -was in NE back in 2011

Bring up young ferentz from IOwa to be the OC - he was in NE as a TE coach for a long time under belichick in the mid 2000’s

capers as DC....was a special assistant to Belichick back in 2008 before he took off to GB

there have been so many guys who have churned thru his coaching staff

A very diplomatic response that didn't answer the question or justify your response to fans who don't like the hire. Explain "fans overplaying their hand" because i must be missing some context.

A very diplomatic response that didn't answer the question or justify your response to fans who don't like the hire. Explain "fans overplaying their hand" because i must be missing some context.

overplaying their hand in thinking that just b/c a guy comes from this place, that’s what he’s gonna be about. Caserio himself knocked that whole Patriot way **** down pretty quickly that you and others immediately ran with when it became official he was going to be the guy.

The question was answered, you just didn’t like the answer.

Yay - good for one round then DONE just like a musket. That’s setting the bar low, that’s par for this course/team.

I truly don’t understand what the pats have done in the draft to make caserio the GM. I’m willing to listen so I can be excited about my team but this woody for trying recreate the patriots success is a FAILED experiment. Ask the lions, chiefs, browns, broncos, and Texans. book is still out on the titans but the fruit off the belichek tree goes bad pretty fast.

I said it in the other thread. What have the Patriots ever done without Brady? I’m including Belichick also. Could it be that Brady has just made everyone in that organization look good? Who (outside of Brady) has left there and been really successful? It looks to me that the “Patriot Way” was really just Brady. You’re not duplicating that without Brady himself. The dude came here and completely changed the culture of the Bucs while the Patriots immediately became mediocre.

overplaying their hand in thinking that just b/c a guy comes from this place, that’s what he’s gonna be about. Caserio himself knocked that whole Patriot way **** down pretty quickly that you and others immediately ran with when it became official he was going to be the guy.

I didn't and I'll explain why:

We just had 2 ex-pat head coaches and 2 ex-pat gms and the results were toilet worthy.

So we hire another ex-pat.

You expect the fan base to be happy as a whole and not wonder why we keep going in that direction? You don't think our concern is worthwhile and call it "overplaying our hand" for having questions?

Im willing to give the guy some time to see what happens, but I have concerns about the hire even if you like it.

I said it in the other thread. What have the Patriots ever done without Brady? I’m including Belichick also. Could it be that Brady has just made everyone in that organization look good? Who (outside of Brady) has left there and been really successful? It looks to me that the “Patriot Way” was really just Brady. You’re not duplicating that without Brady himself. The dude came here and completely changed the culture of the Bucs while the Patriots immediately became mediocre.

Well it’s only been a year, so let’s see how things unfolds going forward.

So 4. I'll check back soon when the staff is assembled.

Chandler Jones/Seymour/Gronk etc...

Chandler Jones/Seymour/Gronk etc...

You should be able to name some folks over Brady's 20 YEARS. There was a small window in which they genuinely out talented upper echelon teams.

The point is: we don't have Brady or Belichick. I don't expect Casserio to get the same results. Look at ne's roster now. The talent is pretty sad

I didn't and I'll explain why:

We just had 2 ex-pat head coaches and 2 ex-pat gms and the results were toilet worthy.

So we hire another ex-pat.

You expect the fan base to be happy as a whole and not wonder why we keep going in that direction? You don't think our concern is worthwhile and call it "overplaying our hand" for having questions?

Im willing to give the guy some time to see what happens, but I have concerns about the hire even if you like it.

well let’s see..... what should be the goal? To hire a solid candidate that can actually do the job REGARDLESS of where he comes from? Orrrrrr find that same guy and categorically dismiss anyone from a franchise you already tried to imitate b/c, well we already went there & it didn’t work out.

So let’s go hire another high profile guy from another flavor of the year franchise and try to imitate them so as to give the fans the “feel goodies” about the direction!

Yay, we hired Joe Blow from successful franchise so we can be (insert current successful team to imitate here) -South.
:whip:........:thumbdown

not interested. I care about a guy who appears to be qualified to do the job not about where the guy comes from.

You should be able to name some folks over Brady's 20 YEARS. There was a small window in which they genuinely out talented upper echelon teams.

The point is: we don't have Brady or Belichick. I don't expect Casserio to get the same results. Look at ne's roster now. The talent is pretty sad

Hope you're wrong.

well let’s see..... what should be the goal? To hire a solid candidate that can actually do the job REGARDLESS of where he comes from? Orrrrrr find that same guy and categorically dismiss anyone from a franchise you already tried to imitate b/c, well we already went there & it didn’t work out.

So let’s go hire another high profile guy from another flavor of the year franchise and try to imitate them so as to give the fans the “feel goodies” about the direction!

Yay, we hired Joe Blow from successful franchise so we can be (insert current successful team to imitate here) -South.

not interested. I care about a guy who appears to be qualified to do the job not about where the guy comes from.

Or you could've just hired a proven talent evaluator who was a big reason for the Chiefs success.

This all assumes your guy, who has only been successful with the greatest head coach and greatest quarterback in the history of the game is the proper choice...

Oddly, without Brady, they missed the playoffs this year...

Im sure thats CATEGORICALLY just coincidence. Your biases are effecting you every bit as much.

Back