Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

NFL Random Thought of the Day

Report: Von Miller sues to block release of sex tape
November 15, 2016, 5:15 PM EST

Super Bowl MVP Von Miller is spending some of his new money on legal fees.

According to TheSmokingGun.com, Miller has filed a lawsuit aimed at blocking the release of a sex tape generated during a June 2016 visit to Mexico. Per the report, a judge has issued a temporary restraining order preventing a woman named Elizabeth Ruiz from distributing, copying, or releasing the tape, which had been recorded on her cell phone.

According to the lawsuit, filed with the Broncos linebacker using a “John Doe” pseudonym, Ruiz allegedly threatened to sell the tape unless “Doe” pays her $2.5 million. The lawsuit also claims that an alleged sex tape broker named Kevin Blatt contacted “Doe” in September, and that a lawyer representing “Doe” called Blatt, who explained that Ruiz had tried to sell the sex tape and that she wanted payment from “Doe” in exchange for not releasing the sex tape. Eventually, lawyers representing both parties met, with the sex tape characterized as “intellectual property” for which Ruiz’s lawyer said she wanted $2.5 million.

It’s not clear how Miller’s identity has been linked to the legal action, but TheSmokingGun.com reports that he is the plaintiff.

Report: Von Miller sues to block release of sex tape
November 15, 2016, 5:15 PM EST

Super Bowl MVP Von Miller is spending some of his new money on legal fees.

According to TheSmokingGun.com, Miller has filed a lawsuit aimed at blocking the release of a sex tape generated during a June 2016 visit to Mexico. Per the report, a judge has issued a temporary restraining order preventing a woman named Elizabeth Ruiz from distributing, copying, or releasing the tape, which had been recorded on her cell phone.

According to the lawsuit, filed with the Broncos linebacker using a “John Doe” pseudonym, Ruiz allegedly threatened to sell the tape unless “Doe” pays her $2.5 million. The lawsuit also claims that an alleged sex tape broker named Kevin Blatt contacted “Doe” in September, and that a lawyer representing “Doe” called Blatt, who explained that Ruiz had tried to sell the sex tape and that she wanted payment from “Doe” in exchange for not releasing the sex tape. Eventually, lawyers representing both parties met, with the sex tape characterized as “intellectual property” for which Ruiz’s lawyer said she wanted $2.5 million.

It’s not clear how Miller’s identity has been linked to the legal action, but TheSmokingGun.com reports that he is the plaintiff.
I feel bad for Von if this was filmed without his knowledge.

But....This also reminds me of the fun we had coming up with titles for the octomom sex tape.

Y'all are slacking today!
Elizabeth Ruiz:

tumblr_no4sga0gXO1rjhan3o1_1280.jpg

elizabethruiz2_0003_400x0.jpg

tumblr_nedmvkZ3qG1qzfhuvo1_1280.jpg

ElizabethRuiz-nappyafro-01.jpg

A true feel-good story (be sure to watch the video after clicking on the article title)

***************************************************************************************************

Joe Thomas Sr., father of Packers LB, plays for South Carolina State
1:39 AM CT
  • ESPN.com news services

With a 3-yard gain, South Carolina State running back Joe Thomas Sr., the 55-year-old father of Green Bay Packers linebacker Joe Thomas Jr., fulfilled his dream Saturday.

Joe Sr. took the field in a 32-0 victory over Savannah State on senior day as the oldest walk-on running back for South Carolina State, where Joe Jr. played from 2010 to 2013.

With 4:34 remaining in the opening quarter, Joe Sr. took a handoff and gained 3 yards. He finished the game with four carries for minus-1 yard rushing. Afterward, the team presented him with a game ball.

"I felt like a hero," said the native of Blackville, South Carolina. "It was certainly one of the happiest days of my life. I always wanted to play college football and I finally got the chance. And I thank South Carolina State, coach [Buddy] Pough and the entire coaching staff and my teammates for the opportunity. I had been waiting 36 years.

"I always said, 'Never give up on your dreams. Keep driving forward and don't listen to other people.' It's a great day for me, but I must admit, I didn't think my situation would generate so much attention and so much positive response."

Age is just a number. 55-year-old Joe Thomas Sr. being carried by his @SCStateAthletic teammates. @wachfox pic.twitter.com/DvM2uTolGT

— Mike Uva (@Mike_Uva) November 19, 2016

His son was scheduled to be on the Packers' team plane headed for Sunday's game at Washington.

"I am a little worried," Joe Jr. said Friday. "I know his body might be a little fragile. I'm going to try to get the coach not to run him on one of those stretch plays. I'm going to try to get him to run straight downhill."

Joe Jr. has been with the Packers since 2015.

He said his father was an entrepreneur in South Carolina with a construction company and a training facility until the recession wiped out his business. Four years ago, his father decided to pursue a degree -- he's studying engineering -- and revive his athletic career.

Joe Sr. had been practicing with the scout team.

"It's been crazy for me," Joe Jr. said. "I never thought you'd see a 55-year-old running back. I'm just proud of him. He made his mind up to do something and stuck to it."

I'm watching the Cowboys versus Ravens game on CBS. Also the Cardinals versus Vikings game is on FOX right now. Those are the two early games we have airing in the Houston area.

Needless to say I'm watching the Cowboys game. Trying to improve to 9-1 but let's see if the Ravens can pull off the upset. Or at least make it a competitive game.

A key game in the AFC South today, the Titans @ Colts. What do we get in the Houston area? Meaningless Cowboys game. Never would happen in DFW.

A key game in the AFC South today, the Titans @ Colts. What do we get in the Houston area? Meaningless Cowboys game. Never would happen in DFW.
I believe Houston area broadcasts will always air Dallas Cowboys games if the Houston Texans aren't playing. The Cowboys will receive top priority over any game that may have important playoff implications for the Texans like the Titans versus Colts game today.

Go Colts by the way! I hope they beat the Titans today. A Titans loss would diminish their playoff chances to only 10 %. I'm a little tired about hearing how hot the Titans have been lately.

CBS gets 2 Cowboy games per season. No way they're not doing those 2 games in Houston, especially with the Cowboys doing well.

7-0 the Ravens lead after the first quarter. The Cowboys will probably come back and win but could you imagine if the Cowboys lose today and drop to 8-2?

And then Texans beat the Raiders tomorrow night to improve to 7-3. We'd be only one game behind the Cowboys, which many people feel have the best team in the NFL this season. We'd also be right behind the Patriots for the best record in the AFC.

As much as people have been down on the Houston Texans all season long, we could be only one game back of the best record in the NFL by tomorrow night.

The Jaguars have already lost 4 players to today's game.........Yeldon, Colvin, Lewis, and Omameh. And Bortles is playing with an injured throwing shoulder sustained at the end of the 1st half.

[EDIT: Add Arrelious Benn to those lost to the game.]

Last edited:
The Cowboys are going to beat the Ravens and improve to 9-1. Over 100 yards rushing for Ezekiel Elliot against the #1 ranked run defense this season.

You may as well start to making plans for the Dallas Cowboys to arrive for Super Bowl 51 here in Houston on February 5. They are just playing at another level right now and their running game is elite (they can dominate the time of possession), and I don't think there's an NFC team that will go into their house and beat them come playoff time. We shall see though.

The Cowboys are going to beat the Ravens, 27-17, and improve to 9-1. Over 100 yards rushing for the Dallas Cowboys, as a team (118 total), against the #1 ranked run defense this season. Ezekiel Elliot had a blue-collar game against the best run defense in the league this year: 25 carries for 97 yards rushing (only 3.9 yards per carry).

The Cowboys have a +98 point differential this season.
That's the best in the NFL. According to the announcers.

You may as well start making plans for the Dallas Cowboys to arrive for Super Bowl 51 here in Houston on February 5. They are just playing at another level right now and their running game is elite (they can dominate the time of possession), and I don't think there's an NFC team that will go into their house and beat them come playoff time. We shall see though.

If there was one team that could slow down the Cowboys running attack it would be the Baltimore Ravens (#1 run defense). And still the Cowboys ran the ball 30 times total in this game and controlled the clock.

Last edited:
Leave it to Cutler to nut it up...lol. I can't believe McNair doesn't want him as our QB.
The Bears will part ways with Jay Cutler this off-season. I could see Tony Romo joining the Bears next year, because he played college ball in that area. And Jay Cutler may end up with the Cleveland Browns. LOL. I laugh about it right now but watch it actually happen.

Another good player goes down................AJ Greene sustained what appeared to be a significant hamstring tear. The fact that he could still walk some tends to speak against a proximal hamstring tendon rupture and the need for surgery. I suspect an MRI tonight or tomorrow will tell us if he has any chance of returning by the end of the season or if surgery cuts his season short.

:uprights::uprights::uprights::uprights::uprights::uprights::uprights::uprights::uprights::uprights::uprights: NFL kickers miss record 12 extra-point attempts Sunday
By Dan Hanzus
  • End Around Writer
  • Published: Nov. 20, 2016 at 11:30 p.m.

Sunday, November 20, 2016, is a day that will live in infamy for NFL place kickers.

On 12 different occasions Sunday, a kicker lined up for an extra-point attempt following a touchdown and walked away empty-handed. Two kickers -- Mike Nugent and Robbie Gould -- missed a pair of PATs in the early games on Sunday. The 12 misses represent the most we've ever seen in one week, breaking the record of 10 that had stood for 46 years. There have been seven Sundays when 10 kicks were missed -- most recently in Week 2 of the 1985 season -- but never before now had we seen more than that.

The new record comes with a significant caveat: Until last year, PATs came from a distance of 17 yards out. In 2015, the NFL started spotting the ball at the 15-yard line -- making it a 32- or 33-yard attempt. So missing these quicks isn't quite as embarrassing ... but it's still pretty damn bad.

And if you're not entirely on-board with this, "Hey, let's give kickers a bigger role in determining the outcome of games!" hook, well, yeah ... just know you're not alone.:uprights::uprights::uprights::uprights::uprights::uprights::uprights::uprights::uprights::uprights:

The Bears will part ways with Jay Cutler this off-season. I could see Tony Romo joining the Bears next year, because he played college ball in that area. And Jay Cutler may end up with the Cleveland Browns. LOL. I laugh about it right now but watch it actually happen.

I agree the Bears will part ways with Cutler but I think they'll clean house and bring in a new coaching staff and draft a QB early.

I also agree Cutler will get another good payday based on his great arm. He's the modern day Jeff George.

After no apparent injury during yesterday's game, Andrew Luck began feeling feeling ill today and has been placed in the Concussion Protocol........very unlikely he plays Thursday against the Steelers.

There are still some smart players out there.

*******************************************************************************************************************************

Sammy Watkins: I’m not going to go out there unhealthy

November 24, 2016, 7:24 AM EST

Wide receiver Sammy Watkins took part in a Bills practice for the first time in a couple of months on Wednesday, starting the process of returning to action after a spell on injured reserve due to a foot injury.

Watkins got in about 20 snaps during the session and said “probably not” when asked if he could play in a game on Thanksgiving, but that he thinks he will feel back to normal moving around the field in the next two or three days. The Bills play the Jaguars on Sunday in a game they need to fuel any playoff hopes and they are down a receiver in Robert Woods, but Watkins said that he won’t be playing unless everyone’s sure he’s healthy enough to get through the game.

“There’s always pressure on us athletes, but not to go out on the field and not feel good,” Watkins said, via the Buffalo News. “I’m not going to do that. But if I feel good, of course, I’m going to go out there and play and I’m going to do my best. But it’s really about being healthy. If I’m healthy enough to play and they think I’m healthy, then I’m going to go out there. I’m not going to go out there unhealthy.”

Bills coach Rex Ryan said he hopes to have Watkins in the lineup and it seems the next couple of days will determine whether that’s a possibility.

So, from asses to Cowboys (small transition :D) Baker just nailed Elliot in the backfield and mocked Elliot's fake 1st down signal. Priceless. I can't say I blame him.

Halftime break waiting for halftime show.

Really? Of course I say that after the fact, but I'm not a fan of the over-extended halftime shows so some entertainer can invade the game.

Do they have the roof closed today?? If so I wonder how good the weather has to be.

Btw, a sincere Happy Thanksgiving, Starstruck. Always love your posts. :)

Really? Of course I say that after the fact, but I'm not a fan of the over-extended halftime shows so some entertainer can invade the game.

Do they have the roof closed today?? If so I wonder how good the weather has to be.

Btw, a sincere Happy Thanksgiving, Starstruck. Always love your posts. :)
Roof & endzones were closed. Weather is great, about 70 earlier and still comfortable in short sleeves. The half times make it more festive, and party on plaza will last at least two hours after game. Thanks for tolerating me being me. ;)

Via Schefter, quarterback Tom Brady also will play, despite a knee that is sore and swollen. Many believe the injury traces to a low hit from Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor two weeks ago. Even though Brady wasn’t listed on the Week 11 injury report, he didn’t suffer any noticeable hits against the 49ers. He missed practiced on Wednesday and Thursday.
link

Funny how the Patriots can leave major players off of their Injury Reports.................and the League doesn't say boo..........

Playoffs? Did he say playoffs? Bill Cowher just said Cam Newton and the Carolina Panthers still had a fighting chance to make the playoffs on the CBS pre-game show.

Weren't the Panthers 1-5 and buried not too long ago? They're still 4-6 with a tough game against the Raiders later today and they play at Seattle next week. I would pump the breaks on any "Panthers to the playoffs" talk right now. If they win their next two games and are 6-6 then maybe it seems more realistic going into their last four games.

Has a team that started 1-5 made the playoffs before in the NFL?

Chiefs and broncos game is good.

Defenses are kicking ass.
9-0 chiefs.
They got a safety and then the free kick got taken to the house

Chiefs and broncos game is good.

Defenses are kicking ass.
9-0 chiefs.
They got a safety and then the free kick got taken to the house
Good game. Just when I thought that I was headed to bed the Chiefs tied the game with a two point conversion with 12 seconds left in the game.

Back