Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Nfl Draft Day 2

And there is Kubiaks developmental QB. I guess that means they either trust Weaver or we're looking for a DE in the UDFAs. Probably a combination of both. I would not be surprised if the last two picks do not make the team.

Well, love rounds 1-5, # 6 I can live with but not wild about, and #7 is just STUPID. We can get a camp fodder practice QB as a UDFA. Makes ZERO sense unless they plan on moving you know who.

Overall: Brink was redshirted in 2003. In his first three seasons at Washington State (2004-06), he appeared in 34 games (28 starts), completing 543 of 948 pass attempts (57.8 percent) for 7,095 yards, 50 touchdowns and 28 interceptions. In 12 games as a senior, he completed 305 of 503 pass attempts (60.6 percent) for 3,818 yards, 26 touchdowns and 15 interceptions for a 135.5 passer rating. For his career, Brink ran for a total of 98 yards and five touchdowns. Brink possesses a good blend of accuracy and mobility but he doesn't have prototypical size and lacks prototypical arm strength. He needs to improve his ability to beat pressure with his arm rather than relying on his feet so much. He gets into too much trouble when he fails to step into his throws and/or tries to make too much happen. Brink projects as a rookie free agent.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft...go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?id=12203

and nfl.com says
Overview
Washington State's career passing leader in touchdowns (76) and yards (10,913), Brink's poise and intelligence make him a potential second-day draft pick. Brink lacks the big arm and has only marginal accuracy, but he's a gutty competitor who will fight for a roster spot.

Sweet, now we have another arm to throw balls at training camp and sit on the practice squad for a while.

I really don't get why you don't take a shot on Blake in case he gets snatched up instead of a guy who probably will never be a QB on your team...unless I'm missing something.

I really don't get why you don't take a shot on Blake in case he gets snatched up instead of a guy who probably will never be a QB on your team...unless I'm missing something.

Hopefully was can sign him as an undrafted player...then Blake can pick where he wants to go if he's undrafted.

Well, love rounds 1-5, # 6 I can live with but not wild about, and #7 is just STUPID. We can get a camp fodder practice QB as a UDFA. Makes ZERO sense unless they plan on moving you know who.

exactly

Hopefully was can sign him as an undrafted player...then Blake can pick where he wants to go if he's undrafted.

Agree..and he probably would chose between Dallas and Houston. You just don't know who might take a flyer of their own in the 7th and you don't get the chance to make a late steal instead of having a practice squad QB.

It looks like Blake will be available as an UDFA, and one would think that the Texans would have an advantage in signing him to a contract, solely based on location.

It looks like Blake will be available as an UDFA, and one would think that the Texans would have an advantage in signing him to a contract, solely based on location.

Just answered above ...to same thing. Agree it would be us or Dallas. Just think you can not take the chance, grab him instead of a waste of QB practice fodder....unless this guy is a Sage type guy Kubes want to mold in the system as a backup down the line.

Just answered above ...to same thing. Agree it would be us or Dallas. Just think you can not take the chance, grab him instead of a waste of QB practice fodder....unless this guy is a Sage type guy Kubes want to mold in the system as a backup down the line.

Well, we've got:

Schaub
Sage
Gray
Boyd
Brink

Maybe Brink goes to the practice squad. Not sure if Boyd can.

I don't know. That's awfully crowded.

Those last two picks brought the draft grade down to a B-. Plus the fact that we didn't snag a speed DE. The UDFA group could save the grade though.

Well, we've got:

Schaub
Sage
Gray
Boyd
Brink

Maybe Brink goes to the practice squad. Not sure if Boyd can.

I don't know. That's awfully crowded.

Exactly...so just pick up Blake so there is no questions....I mean he is one guy with 1st round potential

I can't stand the Smith and others round table on ESPN...half of them dont' know jack but the basics...it is painful to hear.

From his description it sounds like he's an overachiever competitive type. If i'm not mistaken Quinn Gray is the type of guy who isn't very motivated sometimes and doesn't work as hard as he should to be a better qb?

I guess Brink is brought in to push Gray and let him know his spot on the roster isn't a gimme. When Gray turns up his play and earns his spot then put Brink on the practice squad and let him compete for a roster spot in 09.

Those last two picks brought the draft grade down to a B-. Plus the fact that we didn't snag a speed DE. The UDFA group could save the grade though.

That's roughly what I would give it, a B to B-, or with that 7th maybe even a C+, as I would give that pick a D or D-. Those last two picks dragged the grade down for me. I think there were far better picks for this team. They were heading for B+ or A- territory but I kinda feel like the air got let out of the balloon there. Having said that, I think we got some pieces that are really going to help us in rounds 1-5. All in all, I'm a happy camper. :smiliedance:

Back