Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

NFL Draft 2010: Day 1

Crazy how opinions differ. Todd McShay thinks Jackson is the most NFL ready out of ALL defensive backs....that's a bold statement.

I hope a narrative emerges that we got our guy, but at least worked the phones for a trade down....because our guy would have been there.

Jackson's value is that he is starter ready. He better be ready or this was a wasted pick.

We addressed a need, we got a guy that played Championship football for a quality coach, but we could have leveraged the situation IMO.

Not directed particularly at you but I think it is absurd for fans to think basically every team doesn't work the phones or for fans to think because a trade isn't done that a team made no attempt to trade.

Crazy how opinions differ. Todd McShay thinks Jackson is the most NFL ready out of ALL defensive backs....that's a bold statement.

I would be more inclined to appreciate that if it was someone other than McShay saying that.

The Texans couldn't have made that trade? Or used those picks? Jackson is that much better than anyone they could have picked in the 2nd round?
Too bad, Kubiak and Smith don't have the connection any longer now that Shanahan is gone.

Not directed particularly at you but I think it is absurd for fans to think basically every team doesn't work the phones or for fans to think because a trade isn't done that a team made no attempt to trade.

To be fair it is a desire to hear that narrative form in order to allay any anxiety over a concern that our guys are sleeping. I doubt the interviews have been completed.

Leveraged with who?

We are good at WR, so why would the Cowboys call?

We were not drafting Tebow, so why would the Broncos call?

It doesn't make sense to call the team that wants the guy you want.

You call the team ahead of the team that wants the guy you want.

Anyone who traded to pick behind us, could have traded with us to get their guy, ahead of whoever they were trying to beat.

They may have thought we were too high, and didn't bother calling, thinking it would be too expensive......

Sweet. We'll see Kyle Wilson this year, see if he makes us pay.

Will it be Wilson's play or the fact that they have a stud pass rush and Revis Island on the other side?

We don't have a Revis Island equivalent.
Has anyone seen anything that says Wilson >> Jackson??

To be fair it is a desire to hear that narrative form in order to allay any anxiety over a concern that our guys are sleeping. I doubt the interviews have been completed.

Unfortunately that narrative is unlikely to be forthcoming given that the Texans have locked out the local media. I mean c'mon a national beat guy like Schefter calls it while McClain has been pumping a different guy for 10 days. We'll get some kind of bitter Justice column, a pablum McClain column how he called it on them wanting someone more physical than Wilson and then crickets on inside details.

Let me get this right:

You want the Rick Smith or Kubiak to come out in an official press conference and say "Well, we tried to get rid of the pick, but we couldn't. So we settled for Jackson at 20."

Now I understand that you trade down in this situation with the expectation that you can still get you guy earlier, but what that says is "we didn't think the guy we just drafted was good enough to take at 20."

So, no, I neither expect nor want anyone from the organization to step out and make that clear vote of no confidence.

That being said, I would have liked to see us trade back, too. Perhaps even position a pair of trades to move back in the 1st to take our CB and then turn around and move up in the 2nd to grab Taylor Mays (or a superior RB).

Will it be Wilson's play or the fact that they have a stud pass rush and Revis Island on the other side?

We don't have a Revis Island equivalent.
Has anyone seen anything that says Wilson >> Jackson??

They also have Cromartie. Chances are that Wilson will be their 3rd corner.

I like that the Texans went off the board a bit.

That draft team has a decent record ... better than the all the TV Kipers out there.

Unfortunately that narrative is unlikely to be forthcoming given that the Texans have locked out the local media. I mean c'mon a national beat guy like Schefter calls it while McClain has been pumping a different guy for 10 days. We'll get some kind of bitter Justice column, a pablum McClain column how he called it on them wanting someone more physical than Wilson and then crickets on inside details.

Justice has the sweetest tears of all.

He should let orphans lick his face everytime the Texans show his hack ass the nearest door.

I hope a narrative emerges that we got our guy, but at least worked the phones for a trade down....because our guy would have been there.

Jackson's value is that he is starter ready. He better be ready or this was a wasted pick.

We addressed a need, we got a guy that played Championship football for a quality coach, but we could have leveraged the situation IMO.

Yeah, I would have like for them (the Texans) to work that phone.

On the other hand, I would say Jackson maybe a bit more ready to start early than Duane Brown was.

The Lions traded up with the Vikings to take Jahvid Best. I like the pick but I thought he might be there for them in the 2nd.

Man, that sucks... not that I wanted Best, but that`s another HB off the board... I can see a run on HBs at the beginning of the 2nd. I just really hope Gerhart is there for us...

Back