Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL Day 3: Rounds 4-7

Cheta Ozougwu, you sir are a mouthfull!

tobias-funke-picture.jpg

Positives: Quick off the snap. Active with his hands, able to shed blockers when he maintains distance. Effective bull rusher, penetrates the line of scrimmage using strength when inside. Uses lower pad level to keep leverage on the outside. Very strong wrap up and arm tackler due to his upper-body strength. Moves quickly down the line when the play is away from him. Plays with high intensity and will fight hard until the whistle blows. Keeps his head up while fighting off blocks and has good awareness of backfield action. Good awareness when dropping into coverage. Nominated for AFCA All-Good Works Team in 2010.

Negatives: Only marginal athleticism for his position. Stands straight up after the snap. Does not change directions well, struggles to recover once his momentum takes him in the wrong direction. Lack of size keeps him from playing with a strong base, allowing linemen to knock him off balance and carry him away from the play. Limited repertoire of pass-rush moves; spin move is ineffective and fails to test inside lane. Can be fooled and is slow to react to misdirection. Does not own closing speed to chase down plays from behind.

An unathletic edge rusher, heck of a nice guy though.

you mean a couple of guys who 32 teams passed over 7 times.

This is the most annoying comment ever in draft threads (and the most common). Yes, every player available every time you pick in the draft has been passed over by every team every time so far!!!! DUH!!!! Then you shouldn't draft anyone ever unless you have the first pick in the first round. Everyone else is a reject!

I think the Texans should have taken one of the more talented players in the first round, Fairley, Quinn, Jordan, Amakamara. But you would say "oh no, don't take them, there is a reason they dropped to be available at number 11". Well no sh*t Sherlock! And there's a reason Watt dropped to be available at number 11.

And the guy the Texans took at 254, just like the safeties who could have actually contributed to the team, in fact probably started for this team, was passed over by all 32 teams 7 times. But you think he is great, and the team is inherently beyond criticism. Only instead of taking a player with a 90% chance of contributing to the team they took a guy with a less than 1% chance of contributing to the team.

If people analyzing the draft picks makes your head hurt - stay out of the threads about the draft! Seesh.

This is the most annoying comment ever in draft threads (and the most common). Yes, every player available every time you pick in the draft has been passed over by every team every time so far!!!! DUH!!!! Then you shouldn't draft anyone ever unless you have the first pick in the first round. Everyone else is a reject!

I think the Texans should have taken one of the more talented players in the first round, Fairley, Quinn, Jordan, Amakamara. But you would say "oh no, don't take them, there is a reason they dropped to be available at number 11". Well no sh*t Sherlock! And there's a reason Watt dropped to be available at number 11.

And the guy the Texans took at 254, just like the safeties who could have actually contributed to the team, in fact probably started for this team, was passed over by all 32 teams 7 times. But you think he is great, and the team is inherently beyond criticism. Only instead of taking a player with a 90% chance of contributing to the team they took a guy with a less than 1% chance of contributing to the team.

If people analyzing the draft picks makes your head hurt - stay out of the threads about the draft! Seesh.

Keep raging about the 254th pick in the draft. Because all teams that have picked there previous to the Texans have totally gotten superstars. They gambled on a local kid for the last pick and I think everybody can be fine with that since the last pick in the draft is a total gamble anyway. There is NO way that any player drafted in the 7th round has a 90% chance to contribute to any team I don't know why you would think there are is this great pool of players that we TOTALLY MISSED OUT ON. I mean. . . anybody we could've taken instead of the Rice guy. . . is still available!

Between this post and the guy who started a thread about not drafting a cancer patient last I am seriously questioning if something illicit has been put into the water supply for this city. I can totally see not being very happy with picks in rounds 1 - about 4 or 5 and wanting to make posts about them but after that it just seems like you're searching for things to complain about.

Keep raging about the 254th pick in the draft. Because all teams that have picked there previous to the Texans have totally gotten superstars. They gambled on a local kid for the last pick and I think everybody can be fine with that since the last pick in the draft is a total gamble anyway. There is NO way that any player drafted in the 7th round has a 90% chance to contribute to any team I don't know why you would think there are is this great pool of players that we TOTALLY MISSED OUT ON. I mean. . . anybody we could've taken instead of the Rice guy. . . is still available!

So you are saying its a worthless pick?

this post and the guy who started a thread about not drafting a cancer patient last I am seriously questioning if something illicit has been put into the water supply for this city. I can totally see not being very happy with picks in rounds 1 - about 4 or 5 and wanting to make posts about them but after that it just seems like you're searching for things to complain about.

And after your insensitive heartless response to a kid with cancer and your multiple post complaining about people discussing football related issues on a football forum I'm seriously questioning if something illicit has been put into the water supply for your b0ng.

So you are saying its a worthless pick?

I'm saying raging about not picking a guy in the 7th round is really dumb especially when it's a cancer patient with a titanium rod in his leg.

And after your insensitive heartless response to a kid with cancer and your multiple post complaining about people discussing football related issues on a football forum I'm seriously questioning if something illicit has been put into the water supply for your b0ng.

Are you mad that this guy wasn't drafted for football related reasons ore because you like his story? If it's the former then you're complaining about something you'll probably forget about by August/September. If it's the latter take it to John McClain's blog, they are much more receptive to over-reactionary inflammatory posts about the Texans organization and how terrible it is.

Reactions: GP
I'm saying raging about not picking a guy in the 7th round is really dumb especially when it's a cancer patient with a titanium rod in his leg.

Are you mad that this guy wasn't drafted for football related reasons ore because you like his story? If it's the former then you're complaining about something you'll probably forget about by August/September. If it's the latter take it to John McClain's blog, they are much more receptive to over-reactionary inflammatory posts about the Texans organization and how terrible it is.

I'll talk about what I want, where I want and when I want. I dont need you telling me where to go. If you dont like my message thats fine ignore me. And for your information I plan on posting my opinions every I can about this subject and I will pose the question straight to Rick Smith at the first opportunity. I will ask him why he passed on a golden opportunity to show this organization had some class by taking a player that has been an inspiration to so many individuals who have little to look forward to in what's left of their short lives and instead chose to draft a local kid that no one has ever heard of and has no chance of ever contributing to this team.

By the way the bolded word is in the dictionary. You should look it up since you obviously don't know what it means.

I'll talk about what I want, where I want and when I want. I dont need you telling me where to go. If you dont like my message thats fine ignore me. And for your information I plan on posting my opinions every I can about this subject and I will pose the question straight to Rick Smith at the first opportunity. I will ask him why he passed on a golden opportunity to show this organization had some class by taking a player that has been an inspiration to so many individuals who have little to look forward to in what's left of their short lives and instead chose to draft a local kid that no one has ever heard of and has no chance of ever contributing to this team.

By the way the bolded word is in the dictionary. You should look it up since you obviously don't know what it means.

I hope the Patriots sign him as a FA . That way he can stay close to home and be by his doctors . They could also afford to keep him for awhile .

At this point I just hope he has a long and cancer free life. But that would be nice to hear.

http://bcsoaring.com/2011/04/30/shocker-at-radio-city-mark-herzlich-undrafted-in-2011/

I am not trying to cover for the teams or endorse their decision; this is just how I think they saw it. Still, I’m mystified that not one would even think to give him a chance. He is a former ACC Defensive Player of the Year who has shown an incredible amount of character in the face of adversity. You can never have enough character men in the NFL, because there don’t seem to be too many as it is. Few college athletes in his situation have faced this kind of situation and not only lived to tell about it, but continued playing football. He is a born winner, and exactly the kind of person I would want on my team

And hopefully, much like you would like me to do as well, Rick Smith will calmly ignore you as you pose a silly accusation about how classy a football team is like it really matters.

EDIT: I also fail to see why this is the Texans responsibility and not the entire NFL as a whole.

And hopefully, much like you would like me to do as well, Rick Smith will calmly ignore you as you pose a silly accusation about how classy a football team is like it really matters.

EDIT: I also fail to see why this is the Texans responsibility and not the entire NFL as a whole.

Look I have never had nothing but respect for you. We obviously dont see eye to eye on this and never will. I have said my piece and you yours. This is an emotional subject for me and I dont need to be involved in this discussion anymore. I have nothing more to say to you on this subject and will not respond regarding it anymore. :nolisten:

I understand if you feel like you no longer want to associate with me here. If thats the case Im sorry I always found your football knowledge to be exceptional. Go Texans :texflag:

Back