Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFL Coaching Search

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Thought it might be a go9d idea to have a thread for this year's coach8ng carousel

Chargers announce completed interview with Jim Harbaugh

The meeting between the two sides is not a surprise, as it’s been reported that the Chargers and Raiders have interest in speaking with Harbaugh. He won the CFP National Championship Game a week ago with Michigan, which could be part of what makes it the right time for him to jump back into the league.
Screenshot_20240115_191833_Chrome.jpg

Could Siriani be fired in Philadelphia? Rumors are he could be if the Eagles don’t Replaced by Belicheck?

That would be interesting.

Could Siriani be fired in Philadelphia? Rumors are he could be if the Eagles don’t Replaced by Belicheck?

That would be interesting.

The same crack pot rumor mill that started Caserio going to New England started this rumor. That troll Jason La Canfora.

Sirianni is staying. Third year on the job and just came off a Super Bowl appearance. Just ridiculous what people will post for clicks.

The same crack pot rumor mill that started Caserio going to New England started this rumor. That troll Jason La Canfora.

Sirianni is staying. Third year on the job and just came off a Super Bowl appearance. Just ridiculous what people will post for clicks.

giphy.gif

Falcons interview Bill Belichick
The Falcons announced on Monday night that the interview has been completed.
Belichick and the Patriots parted ways four days ago. Belichick had one year left on his contract, but Patriots owner Robert Kraft opted not to attempt to receive compensation from a new team.
The move confirms what was already believed — Belichick intends to keep coaching. As to the Falcons, it’s unknown whether Belichick would be able to coexist with CEO Rich McKay.

1705377087840.png

He may have lost the locker room.

And why did he give Patricia defensive play calling duties?

Because the other DC wasn't doing what Siriani wanted. The biggest issues with the Eagles are

1. Hurts wasn't even close to being healthy.
2. They lost their LB's from last yrs team
3. They need to upgrade their WR3 spot, probably need to draft 2 WR's.

4. Their secondary needs to tackle much better than they did the 2nd half of the season.
5. They suffered from SB runnerup disease.

They both know they need to do something different if they're going to win it all one more time.

We're running out of time Sanchez.
Bill Parcells and Jerry coexisted for a time.

I get both your points but Jerry is also the person that fired Jimmie Johnson because he was getting to famous. If BB does come in and wins then people will say it's because of him and not Jones. On the other side of the coin BB is use to be the final say on pretty much everything and Keaft staying out of it as long as it wasn't named Brady. Can you really see Jones giving him that kind of power or BB being willing to deal with a hands on owner. I can't see either of those things working for longer than one season.

If BB does come in and wins then people will say it's because of him and not Jones
I think Jerrah is smart enough to know if everyone says Belichick did "everything" the guy who brought Belichick in deserves all the credit.
On the other side of the coin BB is use to be the final say on pretty much everything and Keaft staying out of it as long as it wasn't named Brady.
Again, Belichick knows he doesn't have a lot of time & no other team looking for a coach is as ready to win now as the Cowboys.

& I'm sure Jerrah let's his son do all the heavy lifting.

I think Jerrah is smart enough to know if everyone says Belichick did "everything" the guy who brought Belichick in deserves all the credit.

Again, Belichick knows he doesn't have a lot of time & no other team looking for a coach is as ready to win now as the Cowboys.

& I'm sure Jerrah let's his son do all the heavy lifting.

I guess it comes down to which is more important to them. Winning it all or winning it their way. Personally I don't think you can teach these old dogs new tricks though I do think they will try given the opportunity.

I get both your points but Jerry is also the person that fired Jimmie Johnson because he was getting to famous. If BB does come in and wins then people will say it's because of him and not Jones. On the other side of the coin BB is use to be the final say on pretty much everything and Keaft staying out of it as long as it wasn't named Brady. Can you really see Jones giving him that kind of power or BB being willing to deal with a hands on owner. I can't see either of those things working for longer than one season.

I get your point but Jerry wants one Super Bowl win before he dies. More than anything. He is all in with that goal. I think he has said as much.

I get both your points but Jerry is also the person that fired Jimmie Johnson because he was getting to famous. If BB does come in and wins then people will say it's because of him and not Jones.
Jerry does the talking and Hoodie does the coaching. Match made in football heaven.

They've also been floating Tomlin's name around for the Cowboys new coach. That would be interesting.
Yeah that would've been interesting because I think Tomlin is even more no nonsense than Hoodie...looks like it's not a possibility:

Dan Quinn Interviewing for Seattle Seahawks Head Coach Position
According to Albert Breer, who is an NFL reporter for multiple platforms, Quinn is interviewing for the Seattle Seahawks head coach position on Thursday. This is his fifth scheduled interview this week for a head coach position. The other four are with the Washington Commanders, Carolina Panthers, Tennessee Titans and Los Angeles Chargers, respectively.

& see I thought everyone saw that game Sunday. I guess there were a lot of people out prepping for the winter storm.

What I don't understand is why NFL teams are prohibited from having contract clauses in their coaches' contracts that limit how soon they can interview for other teams.

In Slowick's case it would be reasonable for him to be locked in for, say, 3 years. Players are locked in. Why not coaches?

What I don't understand is why NFL teams are prohibited from having contract clauses in their coaches' contracts that limit how soon they can interview for other teams.

In Slowick's case it would be reasonable for him to be locked in for, say, 3 years. Players are locked in. Why not coaches?

Even though it is not exercised often, teams can deny the coach from interviewing.

The value of a clause, then, is so all parties know up front, and agree to, the terms of locking in the minimum duration of employment.

If I were team the biggest reason I would not want to this would be when my team wanted to hire a coach. Under the three years locked in rule, the Texans would not have Ryans as he had just finished his 2nd year as a coordinator.

NFL coaches aren't in the NFL Player's union and so not subject to their CBA.

In the meantime owner's haven't tried to bargain that kind of stipulation into their contracts, or at least not bargained hard enough.

You'd have to ask them why/why not.

NFL coaches aren't in the NFL Player's union and so not subject to their CBA.

In the meantime owner's haven't tried to bargain that kind of stipulation into their contracts, or at least not bargained hard enough.

You'd have to ask them why/why not.

Frankly I think its because owners don't want coaches to have to much of a locked in contract. They all want to be able to do things like fire a coach 11 games into their first season and hire away a coordinator that just had a good year or is even in the middle of a good year.

I'm confused. Why hasn't Belichick already taken over in Atlanta? I thought this was a done deal? And Hoodie was bringing Kirk Cousins with him. What's the holdup?

The more these coaches are hired the more I’m sure the Texans staff almost returns intact next season. Let’s get a DL coach here sooner than later so he has some input on what he could do with the addition of DT- Chris Jones……think I might’ve got a little ahead of myself.

Last edited:
The more these coaches are hired the more I’m sure the Texans staff almost returns intact next season. Let’s get a DL coach here sooner than later so he has some input on what he could do with the addition of DT- Chris Jones……think I might’ve got a little ahead of myself.

I’m more interested in the new DL coach giving input on developing the players on rookie contracts. Jones is a finished product.

I want Anderson to develop some pass rush moves to add to his tool kit. I want to know if Horton is coming back or they need to move on from him. Can the coach make Myjai Sanders into an Ogbo Okoronkwo type designated pass rusher? What about Khalil Davis… can he be a dependable rotational player?

Back