Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

NFC Championship * Saints @ Bears

Nothing, I just don't like them. Plain and simple. I have to have a reason to not like the Saints now?

He is trying to make you divulge some secret resentment for the Texans not taking Reggie Bush, but just like me, I don't think that is the case.

I just hate the Saints, plain and simple.

The Saints haven't mattered in the NFL for 40 years, so for anyone - especially in Houston - to say they "hate" them today is a bit curious...

The Saints haven't mattered in the NFL for 40 years, so for anyone - especially in Houston - to say they "hate" them today is a bit curious...

Go ahead and try to figure it any way you want, aj, if it makes you happy. Curiosity killed the cat, though. There isn't much to find in this matter other than the simple truth that I just despise that team. I can hate whoever I want.

Go ahead and try to figure it any way you want, aj, if it makes you happy. .... I can hate whoever I want.

It doesn't make me happy, sad, or anything in-between. I made an observation that it was a bit curious for anyone to hate the Saints because they've been such a non-entity for so long. If anything, they've been America's favorites this post-season. It's probably more about Bush than you're willing to admit but feel free to hate on whoever you want...

Saints had a great season. Sad that it had to end like this. I hope that they continued to play the way they did this past season. Good for New Orleans.

Congrats to da Bears, and Lovie Smith!!! How about Rex Grossman?! Talk about a coach believing in his QB. That's awesome. Rex played very well. Now if they can play .like they did today, they may have a chance to win in Miami. I still think whoevere wins for the AFC will win the whole thing.

I don't hate or even dislike the Saints, but I have been rooting against them all season and, yes, it is because of Bush. I don't have anything against Bush either and I do think he would've been worth a #1 pick, but him winning a SB ring in his rookie year would've made the Texans look that much worse.

Had I chosen our #1 draft pick, my choices would've looked like this:

#1 Young
#1a Bush
#3 either Williams or D. Ferguson (I wasn't sure).

Bush is not worth a #1 at all as a RB, but he is not just a RB. He is also probably the greatest slot receiver or receiver out of the backfield that there ever was.

We took Williams though, and because of that I will root against Young and Bush for as long as they are in the NFL. Nothing against them--I just hope they lose, because somebody has to anyway.

The taunting by Bush at the end of his touchdown RECEPTION was uncalled for. it looked like he watched the east west shrine game last night...did a complete copy cat. The add on the jump and dance...

suprised with it being in chicago and all he didn't get flagged for taunting and/or excessive celebration? comments?

The dancing and the jump into the endzone i'm alright with because he made a huge play. It alright to let your emotions get the best of you. Now pointing at the Bears defense, in particular, Urlacher who's the closest to Bush at the time was a dumb move. The Bears defense responded and shut down the Saints the rest of the game. Maybe the taunting added fuel to the fire or maybe it didn't, but the move was classless. To his credit he did apologize to his team though.

Not gonna lie...
I haven't read any of this thread except the last post, so I'm not sure where the conversation is at this point.

With that said, here's my take on the game yesterday:

Grossman did a decent job yesterday once he got over the nerves of "not losing the game for us" sort of mentality that he's been inevitably hearing this week.

The running game is showing some flashes of brilliance out there. The Saints have a much better looking run-d than the Colts do. If the Colts play next week like they did yesterday, then the Bears running game will BE BIG!!!

The MOST EXCITING THING that happened yesterday was...
THE MONSTERS OF THE MIDWAY FINALLY SHOWED UP TO PLAY FOOTBALL!!!!

SHUTTING DOWN the #1 Offense in the National Football League!
If those boys show up to play next week...there is a CERTAIN impending doom that will be all over Peyton Manning!

The Bears ARE FOR REAL!!!

As far as Bush's scene was concerned...it's not the first time that Urlacher has been taunted. I know that HE (Urlacher) isn't losing any sleep over it. But what's that old saying about paybacks??? Yeah you know. Reggie WILL get what's coming to him. And THAT is a guarantee. Guys don't forget stuff like that. Is it a big deal? Not really. But guys like Urlacher and THAT defense, don't forget stuff like that.

Go Bears!!!

You got all of that out of:

TEXANS84 said:
Da Bears!!!

???

:winky:

Back