Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

New Tailgate Policy

Lauren, that was my exact thought initially reading the new policy. Take JB and Hobie :hobie:... Each has had to meet up with me at Blue Crew for an extra ticket that I had. We couldn't meet up before Sunday.. WTF??

I also has these questions, since it has a bearing on my ability to watch future games, so I emailed the following to the feedback line. Do you think I will get a response?

While I understand the reasons behind this move, it does present problems for many fans. I occasionally get to attend the game through the good graces of a friend that has bought an extra season ticket for that purpose. It is usually impossible to meet before the game, so I meet him at his tailgate in the platinum lot, and pick up my ticket there. How am I going to be able to do this in the future? Are you now trying to imply that ticket holders cannot sell or give them away? Or that you want only season ticker holders there? Or maybe, just if you get a gracious gift from a friend then that friend has to be inconvienced to meet you before the game to give you a ticket? There has to be a better way. Maybe you could just check people in the lot after the game starts? That would accomplish what you are wanting to achieve in regards to the non-ticketed enjoying the gameday experience, without putting undue hardship on the fans that want to also attend the game that are beneficial of a friends generosity.

Looking forward to your response.

Texan JB

edit: I meant to add that it would also help get ticket holders into the game on-time, as they would not want to deal with the hassle.

I also has these questions, since it has a bearing on my ability to watch future games, so I emailed the following to the feedback line. Do you think I will get a response?

While I understand the reasons behind this move, it does present problems for many fans. I occasionally get to attend the game through the good graces of a friend that has bought an extra season ticket for that purpose. It is usually impossible to meet before the game, so I meet him at his tailgate in the platinum lot, and pick up my ticket there. How am I going to be able to do this in the future? Are you now trying to imply that ticket holders cannot sell or give them away? Or that you want only season ticker holders there? Or maybe, just if you get a gracious gift from a friend then that friend has to be inconvienced to meet you before the game to give you a ticket? There has to be a better way. Maybe you could just check people in the lot after the game starts? That would accomplish what you are wanting to achieve in regards to the non-ticketed enjoying the gameday experience, without putting undue hardship on the fans that want to also attend the game that are beneficial of a friends generosity.

Texan JB

edit: I meant to add that it would also help get ticket holders into the game on-time, as they would not want to deal with the hassle.

Lee, that was pretty ****ing money!!!

Texan JB

Tickets can be emailed from the season ticket holder to other individuals.

Texan JB

You will get a response, they will tell you that your friend has the option of using the season ticket manager to email you the ticket .... and they charge the season ticket holder to forward them as well.

Lee, that was pretty ****ing money!!!

:tiphat: Thank you!

Tickets can be emailed from the season ticket holder to other individuals.

Is that from the ticket holder or the PSL holder? If you have 3 PSL's but only need two tickets now and decide to sell me your extra and I decide to gift a game ticket to a friend, will I be able to e-mail him that ticket or will I have to contact you and ask you to do it for me?

You will get a response, they will tell you that your friend has the option of using the season ticket manager to email you the ticket .... and they charge the season ticket holder to forward them as well.

Please respond to my post after yours and answer for me if you can.

The psl holder has to email the tickets. So if you email the ticket to each of you there will be 2 transaction charges. I think the charge is like $1.50 per transaction.

:tiphat: Thank you!

Is that from the ticket holder or the PSL holder? If you have 3 PSL's but only need two tickets now and decide to sell me your extra and I decide to gift a game ticket to a friend, will I be able to e-mail him that ticket or will I have to contact you and ask you to do it for me?

From the PSL holder only I believe.

That's kinda screwed up huh? In the scenario I posted above, where I decide to purchase someone's extra PSL, then I can not gift that ticket to a friend?

Wtf are all the scalpers going to do? Much less those generous souls that just want to help out a friend?

If you're the psl holder you can email the tickets, but if you're not the psl holder on the Texans psl account you cannot email the tickets. JB your friend would have to officially sell you the psl. Of course there is a fee for the transfer of the psl also.

That's kinda screwed up huh? In the scenario I posted above, where I decide to purchase someone's extra PSL, then I can not gift that ticket to a friend?

Wtf are all the scalpers going to do? Much less those generous souls that just want to help out a friend?

If you're the psl holder you can email the tickets, but if you're not the psl holder on the Texans psl account you cannot email the tickets. JB your friend would have to officially sell you the psl. Of course there is a fee for the transfer of the psl also.

In my mind, they are going to have a lot of problems with this, and may have a lot of empty seats as well.

I agree with the problems especially at the gates with people not having their tickets out and ready.

I don't think it will have a problem with fans in the seats, maybe late the first few games until the fans get use to the new procedure.

In my mind, they are going to have a lot of problems with this, and may have a lot of empty seats as well.

Was discussing with my husband; People who don't read the message boards, or twitter, or facebook (there are some out there believe it or not) - show up on the 10th with tickets at will call.

Reliant Police - Sorry, you can't come in
Fan - But my tickets are at will call
RP - Do you have a receipt?
Fan - No, it said bring my ID and credit card I purchased
RP - uhhh, uhhh ... grabs walkie talkie
Everyone else who has tickets behind them GRRRRRRRRRRR

I dare McNair or the Texans to send out a "get in your seats early" email .... These first games are going to be an epic nightmare.

One word - f#@ery!

I agree with the problems especially at the gates with people not having their tickets out and ready.

I don't think it will have a problem with fans in the seats, maybe late the first few games until the fans get use to the new procedure.

Late? I bet we learn what late really means next week.

BTW, the email fee is not $1.50. It's $1.95. It absurdly costs me six dollars to give my tickets to my brother. The Texans aren't really maximizing here though. Think turnstiles at the escalators, Mr. Bob. A buck a piece.

I just saw this on ABC 13 news. I saw them interview Texans Chick.

EVERYONE needs to rep her for openly calling Cowgirls fans idiots on the news. That was EPIC!

:clap::clap::clap:

EVERYONE needs to rep her for openly calling Cowgirls fans idiots on the news. That was EPIC!

Damn! Wish I would have seen that! Maybe they will show it again in the morning.

Hey you said *****. Glad to see that word back on the boards.

:banana:

I hope Texans_Chick puts the video in her blog for us out of town fans! I sure would love to see it.

I haven't seen it but they apologized for misspelling my last name. Ha.

I have no idea what small clip they used, but TV isn't subtle in their editing. I talked for a while but I'm sure they edited it down pretty tight. My point was that it is tone deaf to change this policy right after we dealt with jerky Cowboy fans.

My fuller point is written here:

"What do you think about the new tailgate policy? Me, not a fan."

They ended up interviewing me in the middle of dinner at Carrabbas. Between salad and main course. I hope the vid wasn't too terrible--I was sitting outside and had no idea I was going to be on TV so I didn't really do the TV hair/makeup thing.

I haven't seen it but they apologized for misspelling my last name. Ha.

I have no idea what small clip they used, but TV isn't subtle in their editing. I talked for a while but I'm sure they edited it down pretty tight. My point was that it is tone deaf to change this policy right after we dealt with jerky Cowboy fans.

My fuller point is written here:

"What do you think about the new tailgate policy? Me, not a fan."

They ended up interviewing me in the middle of dinner at Carrabbas. Between salad and main course. I hope the vid wasn't too terrible--I was sitting outside and had no idea I was going to be on TV so I didn't really do the TV hair/makeup thing.

No Steph, it was just fine. I was watching it and I was like, "Hey! I know her! I read her stuff on the net!" (well, I only know you from here, but that's good enough for me) :boogereater:

The arrest they showed was right outside our tailgate -- posted links to the pics in another thread. And then Steve got his picture with Ms Willey LOL

I suggest everyone write an email asking them to reconsider.

This decision definately wasn't started by the fans, unless they are talking to the same people who ***** about people standing and yelling during the game.

It was only a matter of time...tailgating passes already showing up on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/Houston-Texans-...?pt=US_Tickets_all_in_one&hash=item3a5f2ab211

We have two accounts with two tickets each on them. We both bought our max allowed passes tonight. If they are allowing 2000 tickets per game getting 4, that means only 500 ticket holders will be able to purchase them.

So yeah, we jumped on it. We will NOT be scalping them.

So much for my credit cards being paid off ....

First off all of you are comepletely over reacting, The Texans will have the blue shirts walk around and check the suspicious people and will probably walk around after the game starts and check people, You guys in the blue Crew need to can it and quit sending emails to the Texans, We will address this if we ever have a problem. The Squeaky wheels get the grease and we do not want any grease in the blue crew. If you have a problem getting into the blue Crew you Can call me and We will handle it, Stop sending emails about the Blue Crew I cannot be more clear on this we do not want any problems with the Blue Crew and the Texans Thank You

First off all of you are comepletely over reacting, The Texans will have the blue shirts walk around and check the suspicious people and will probably walk around after the game starts and check people, You guys in the blue Crew need to can it and quit sending emails to the Texans, We will address this if we ever have a problem. The Squeaky wheels get the grease and we do not want any grease in the blue crew. If you have a problem getting into the blue Crew you Can call me and We will handle it, Stop sending emails about the Blue Crew I cannot be more clear on this we do not want any problems with the Blue Crew and the Texans Thank You

Sorry Joe, but I think that e-mails from the Blue Crew is exactly what they need to be getting.

The emails wouldn't be about the Blue Crew.

It would be about a tailgate policy that is a huge over-reaction to the Cowboy game.

Reactions: JB
Point I am saying we wont even get asked about this as all of our tailgate has gone in since day one. JB you will not have a problem and if you do then you can ride with me into the lot. do not send them emails making them specifically look at you and the blue crew. Stephany you are doing alright I am just focusing on our Blue Crew members. This is not an overreaction to the Cowboy game it is a policy implemented last year that they never enforced. That being said a bunch of yahoos bought passes on stub hub and got there early and parked and did not follow the parking in the lines rules and that made them empliment the rule. I believe it was Yellow lot that got this going and all the Yellow Lot complaints for the disaster as they called it this past sunday. I do not believe the Platinum will feel anything from this policy, Just Saying

The crap that happened at that Cowgirls game didn't touch my Blue Crew!! We stayed after the game like normal!!!! No mess happened in the Blue Crew!! We can handle our own!! Just saying. Now let me pack for Oakland. I bet they are not crying about fights in their tailgates! Bish please!

Point I am saying we wont even get asked about this as all of our tailgate has gone in since day one. JB you will not have a problem and if you do then you can ride with me into the lot. do not send them emails making them specifically look at you and the blue crew. Stephany you are doing alright I am just focusing on our Blue Crew members. This is not an overreaction to the Cowboy game it is a policy implemented last year that they never enforced. That being said a bunch of yahoos bought passes on stub hub and got there early and parked and did not follow the parking in the lines rules and that made them empliment the rule. I believe it was Yellow lot that got this going and all the Yellow Lot complaints for the disaster as they called it this past sunday. I do not believe the Platinum will feel anything from this policy, Just Saying

Rest easy Joe, I never mentioned Blue Crew

Everyone just chillax a little... let's wait until the 10th to see how things are going to be.. All this speculation is absurd. If you normally do not have a lot of people come tailgate with you and stay out, then it does not effect you at all.. If you do, get a few passes if available for your guests.
We just have to wait until the 10th to see how it'll be done.. As for checking everyones ticket, I doubt it will be like that when you get to the gate... My guess is once the game has started, they will go around and check, as doing it before hand doesn't much make sense.
Everyone is overreacting way too early on both sides. Love it/Hate it.. Just wait people, take a breath and relax..we will see come the 10th. And for those haters, remember, the Texans must have gotten a ton of emails regarding this from season ticket holders, who they have more a responsibility to, than those of you who go to a game and sit in the lot. This is not a beef with you, but a fact they owe it to the season ticket holders more than they owe it to you sitting in the lot.
Just chillax and wait.. you might not even notice it at all..

In reading the email, it's apparent that this is just a shakedown for more money:

ACCOUNT ID:******

Dear Season Ticket Holder,

Thank you for your support. You have helped us to create one of the finest sporting experiences in the world, and we are working hard to maintain this standard of excellence for you.

This past weekend we had our largest crowd in franchise history. While we were disappointed with how the game turned out, we are proud of the tremendous crowd support and are appreciative of our great fans like you that made it happen. We also had some significant challenges last Sunday, including traffic, parking and fan behavior in our parking areas. These issues were due primarily to the large number of non-ticketed individuals in our stadium parking lots before, during and, especially, after the game.

Non-ticketed tailgating at Reliant Park on Texans game days has been a growing trend that has become increasingly problematic for us and we have heard complaints from many of our season ticket holders regarding the impact this is having on the quality of their game day experience. It has reached a point that we do not believe we can offer the world-class game day atmosphere you have come to expect from us if we allow this to continue. The tailgating environment we provide has been recognized as the best in the NFL and was established for the enjoyment of you and our other ticketed patrons. So, in order to ensure a great game day experience for you, we will implement the following policy:

All visitors to Reliant Park MUST have a game ticket or other team-issued credential to be on the Reliant Park grounds on Houston Texans home game days.

Please understand that this policy was created after careful study and is a necessary step in order for us to continue to provide you with the fun, festive and friendly environment you have come to expect from us in our parking lots on game day. For your convenience, we will offer a very limited number of tailgate access passes exclusively for season ticket holders at a cost of $10 per pass. For more complete information on this policy click here or to purchase a tailgate guest tickets please click here (Your Texans Account ID is *******).

Again, thank you for your outstanding support and we look forward to seeing you next Sunday when we take on the New York Giants at Reliant Stadium.

Best Regards,

Jamey Rootes
President

I clicked on "here" for complete information:

Tailgate Guest Ticket Policy Information

New Policy: The Houston Texans announced a new revision to their gameday ticket policy. Effective immediately the Houston Texans will require all fans who wish to enter Reliant Stadium or its parking lots to possess a gameday ticket.

Who’s affected: Non-ticketed guests, season ticket holders that bring guests to tailgate, season ticket holders that sell or give away their tickets and still plan to come to the game to tailgate.

Why the New Policy: Non-ticketed fans who arrive on property use facility resources otherwise designated for ticket holders, create additional unneeded traffic congestion, setup tailgates in parking spaces without parking passes, and require the services of EMT, Police, and Parking Staff that should be focused on improving the gameday experience of our fans who do have game tickets.

When it’s effective: The new policy is effective immediately and will begin to be enforced starting with the October 10th Home game against the New York Giants.

Where it is effective: All of Reliant Park property, including but not limited to all parking lots and the stadium.

What will happen to non-ticket fans: Any fan that does not have a gameday ticket will not be permitted to enter Reliant Park Property.

How will we enforce this policy: Fans who try to enter Reliant Park grounds on Houston Texans gamedays will be required to present a ticket upon request.

To Summarize, you must have either a game ticket or a tailgate guest ticket to enter and remain on Reliant Park grounds on gamedays.

What if a Season Ticket Holder would like to bring a guest to tailgate for a game? We will make available a tailgate guest ticket to season ticket holders for $10 per ticket per game, via their online season ticket account manager. There will be up to 2000 of these passes available for each game. Each season ticket holder will only be able to acquire up to 4 for any given game until the limit is reached.

Can a tailgate guest ticket be forwarded or reprinted? No. These tailgate guest tickets cannot be forwarded or reprinted. They must be treated like cash and will not be replaced for any reason.

Will the Season Ticket Holder be responsible for the actions of their tailgate guest ticket holder? Yes. The Season Ticket Holder who purchased the tailgate guest ticket will be held responsible for the actions of their guest. If a disturbance occurs the Season Ticket Holder will be subject to removal from the property, revocation of their season ticket and/or parking pass.

Does this tailgate guest ticket entitle me to setup a tailgate in a parking space? No. The tailgate guest ticket only allows you to remain on property without an accompanying game ticket. You will not be allowed to setup any materials or equipment in a parking space unless you have a parking pass.

In reading the email, it's apparent that this is just a shakedown for more money:

I clicked on "here" for complete information:

TB, I know that's how it seems to a lot of people..but I do not read it as such. Anyway, until everyone goes thru it on the 10th, pi**ing and moaning about something that we have really no idea onhow it will turn out is a waste of time.. Let's just wait and see.. As for those going to meet someone for tickets, speculating does no good.. We all need to relax and just wait and see. If people have questions, just email them to the Texans.. they wil respond.
Wow, people pi** about the tailgating last week and now this..Let's let things settle down before we start pi**ing about this new policy.. It is a work in progress...
And I took you out of the doghouse yesterday for donating.. you are back in , I blame you for this firestorm as well... THANKS TB !!

I think of this was all planned, We were given lanyards this year so that we could have our tickets ready to show. It's really not hard to enforce this since all the lots are gated and they probably will require to have your ticket ready as you walk through the gates, and have the same number of tickets ready as the amount of riding in your vehicle.

I think this is a great thing for all people who do have ticket and will make wait times for entering lots and restrooms alot shorter. It will also cut back on most of the fighting because people will have to be responsible for who they bring to there tailgate. Fighting and long wait times are the two main reason they are doing this and this would fix both of them. I think it's better they fix the problem know then some one ends up getting shot and they end tailgating all together.

It really suck for the people that do what there suppose to, but when some people act like animals, then we all have to get treated like them.

I am a little surprised by this. Obviously it was a respone to something as they would have implimented this for the first game if it was only for money. Maybe a combination of a couple things.

#1. How are they going to enforce this? How are you going to enforce this on the people it was designed to keep out?

#2. Why only 2000 passes? That sounds like a small amount to allow for tailgating.

I am a little surprised by this. Obviously it was a respone to something as they would have implimented this for the first game if it was only for money. Maybe a combination of a couple things.

#1. How are they going to enforce this? How are you going to enforce this on the people it was designed to keep out?

#2. Why only 2000 passes? That sounds like a small amount to allow for tailgating.

It sounds like it was in response to the complaints of the wait time in the yellow lot and blue lot, which probably have the most people this would affect. I also think this is not the first time this has crossed there minds, in order to make it a better tailgaiting experience for the paying customer.

TB, I know that's how it seems to a lot of people..but I do not read it as such. Anyway, until everyone goes thru it on the 10th, pi**ing and moaning about something that we have really no idea onhow it will turn out is a waste of time.. Let's just wait and see.. As for those going to meet someone for tickets, speculating does no good.. We all need to relax and just wait and see. If people have questions, just email them to the Texans.. they wil respond.
Wow, people pi** about the tailgating last week and now this..Let's let things settle down before we start pi**ing about this new policy.. It is a work in progress...
And I took you out of the doghouse yesterday for donating.. you are back in , I blame you for this firestorm as well... THANKS TB !!

How is JB or anyone else going to get my extra ticket? I do not own the PSL for this particular ticket, so I can't email it to him? It worked out okay for you, because you already had your other tickets and your parking pass. He has neither.

BTW, I always donate to Lindsay for "The Cure". I just went and bumped that thread since you and I were the only ones that donated. I guess were the only ones that like boobs.

I think I must not be getting the appeal of watching a game in the parking lot. It would never enter my mind to want to go down to Reliant Stadium on a Sunday without a ticket. If I'm going to watch the game on a TV it might as well be the one in my den.

yeah, Im going to sit in the stands, or BBQ at my house.

How is JB or anyone else going to get my extra ticket? I do not own the PSL for this particular ticket, so I can't email it to him? It worked out okay for you, because you already had your other tickets and your parking pass. He has neither.

BTW, I always donate to Lindsay for "The Cure".

JB could walk to the fence and get his ticket, then go to the gate and granted access. It's a small inconvienience but it could work.

BTW, I always donate to Lindsay for "The Cure". I just went and bumped that thread since you and I were the only ones that donated. I guess were the only ones that like boobs.

This is something we are going to have to wait and see how this will play out, or email the Texans for clarity.
As for donating, I do as well.... and as for boobs, :clap:

JB could walk to the fence and get his ticket, then go to the gate and granted access. It's a small inconvienience but it could work.

There lies another problem, who's to say others say close friends/family members meets up with someone at the fence and hands em their ticket to get in and continues the cycle? Then say personnel says no to that as well?

There lies another problem, who's to say others say close friends/family members meets up with someone at the fence and hands em their ticket to get in and continues the cycle? Then say personnel says no to that as well?

Excellent point ... Same thing with the reprinted parking passes, they all have a barcode, but they don't get scanned upon entry

It's going to be work in progress... what ifs do no good at this time. Email the Texans for answers to questions is all we can do at this time.. Speculating on what will happen justs fuels the fire !!

Back