Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

New Quick top 10 mock

Many 3-4 teams are looking at Adams to convert to OLB.

Most of the list I see have Carriker in the mid 20's, sorry even Buffalo doesn't reach that much. (referring to the reaches the Bills made in the last draft).

You can say that "reached" all you want. But Donte Whitner is having a great year.

If available the Texans need to take Brady Quinn not a runningback. They can take a runningback in the second round. Can not continue to live with David Carr.

you people must think the draft starts right after the season or something.

No, probably a little before the season ends, with Jrs announcing if they are staying or going. Then shortley after the pro bowl is the Combine followed by campus workouts. Yeah so the draft will be starting up here in the next couple of weeks. We have already had a couple of Jrs announcing they were coming out early.

Your top 3 are pretty much how they should be, but you seem to have a man-crush on Carriker in past posts as well. He is not a top 5 player. He is a late first rounder at best. Awesome pick for us, Revis is the best man to man CB available and has good size and speed. I doubt Ginn goes to Minn w/the other WR from Troy they drafted. The rest could happen, though I don't see Brown grading out that high but I do think Buffalo is stupid enough to reach for him there.

You have no room to talk about man crush's.

people who run draft sites are in no way a professional. they pretty much all have the exact same opinion. they just collect names and sort them out and occasionally form a different opinion on a player or two, but they don't know what they're talking about. they don't watch the amount of film any "professional" does, and if they did, i doubt they actually know what to look for. they see carriker's stats aren't too extraordinary. i don't care. i watch the games. i see defenses gameplanning around his abilities. he gets mario williams treatment. he's not as freaky athletically as williams, but his play is more impressive.

people who run draft sites are in no way a professional. they pretty much all have the exact same opinion. they just collect names and sort them out and occasionally form a different opinion on a player or two, but they don't know what they're talking about. they don't watch the amount of film any "professional" does, and if they did, i doubt they actually know what to look for. they see carriker's stats aren't too extraordinary. i don't care. i watch the games. i see defenses gameplanning around his abilities. he gets mario williams treatment. he's not as freaky athletically as williams, but his play is more impressive.

I've watched him as well, and he does play well no doubt, but not top 5 well. Look at Kiper or anyone you consider a "professional". Look at their big board and tell me how many of them have him going top 32, then tell me how many have him top 5.

i calls it like i sees it. i think carriker will be a top 10 pick come draft time. he's invited to the senior bowl, so i expect him to make an impact there as well as at the combine.

Jared Gaither

He's the best OT prospect in the Nation with the most upside. FootballsFuture agrees and I'm sure other do as well. Im sure some do not agree, but o well.

I like the guy, but think we will go elsewhere in the draft and I will be fine. By almost all accounts, Gaither is a top 10 pick however, Cariker is not a top 5 pick by any account I have seen yet.

Yes he has a man crush, if he is a man, maybe an adolescent crush on Gaither, who didn't even make 2nd team ACC this year and was moved back to RT this year when LT, who made all ACC, returned from injury.

1. Detroit - Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame.
2. Oakland - Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech.
3. Arizona - Joe Thomas, T, Wisconsin.
4. Tampa Bay - Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska.
5. Green Bay - Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC.
6. Washington - Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona.
7. Houston - Darrelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh.
8. Cleveland - Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma.
9. Minnesota - Ted Ginn, WR, Ohio State.
10. St. Louis - Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson.
11. San Francisco - Reggie Nelson, S, Florida.
12. Miami - Sam Baker, T, USC.
13. Pittsburgh - Marshawn Lynch, RB, Cal.
14. Buffalo - Levi Brown, T, Penn State.
15. Tennessee - LaRon Landry, S, LSU.
16. Atlanta - Michael Griffin, S, Texas.

EXCELLENT 49ers pick. :cool:

i dont think we are at 3 and i dont think we will pick lynch..its either peterson or bush if we are talking about rbs

1. Detroit - Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame - Detroit has a lot of issues, and while QB isn't an immediate need, they can't rely on Jon Kitna being the future of the franchise. Brady Quinn will hopefully make up for the Joey Harrington disaster. Prototypical passer with great success already in a pro-style offense. He's only going to get better.
2. Oakland - Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech - While it's not clear whether Johnson will actually declare, I'm going to assume that he will at this moment. Oakland has a good young promising defense, but the offense has been miserable. Struck down by injuries, suspensions and laziness, the Raiders boast one of the worst-scoring offenses in the NFL. Randy Moss and Jerry Porter may play their last games in silver and black this year, so Oakland's receiving corps will be one of the worst in the league. Johnson is one of the finest WR prospects in a long long time. And actually has character, unlike Moss and Porter.
3. Tampa Bay - Joe Thomas, T, Wisconsin - The Bucs have the worst offense in the NFL. Last year, the Bucs invested a first and second rounder in the offensive line, drafting G David Joseph and T Jeremy Trueblood. Both solid players, but their place is on the right side of the line, and they will improve it drastically. However, Anthony Davis is not a franchise LT at all. Joe Thomas will not only set-up a wall for the QB's backside, but he's a mauler in the run game as well. The Bucs also need a lot of help on defense, especially on the d-line and in the secondary.
4. Arizona - Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson - Arizona is the worst team in the league when it comes to putting pressure on the QB. They also have problems protecting the QB on offense. The game is played in the trenches. Adams is arguably the best DE in the draft and he'll make an impact immediately on Arizona's line. If the running game can get going, the Cards will be a dangerous team to fend with.
5. Houston - JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU - Texans fans are pretty upset with passing on Vince Young. And Reggie Bush. However, Mario Williams will be a very good player, and you can't build a franchise overnight. Russell is going to skyrocket in this draft because let's face it, this just isn't a great draft for QB's. He'll have a great combine and pro day, impressing scouts with his rocket arm and good mobility. While not the natural leader as Young, Russell is more gifted physically. He's a big project, but Houston fans wil have something to look forward to.
6. Washington - Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska - Another disappointing year for Washington. It appears you can't win a Super Bowl by spending tons of money on free agents and trading away all your draft picks. Time to work on that defense by upgrading the various positions with young players. Carriker is a power guy who commands a lot of attention from the opposition. He's not highly rated right now by scouts, but he'll have the Senior Bowl, where he won't be double-teamed, to show how good he is, plus the combine and workouts.
7. Cleveland - Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma - Cleveland's offense is young and exciting, but they lack a game-changing runningback. Peterson is considered a steal to some here, and to others, a reach. The injury concerns are something to think about, but if he can stay healthy, he'll be an elite back in the league. But is Charlie Frye the future?
8. St. Louis - Reggie Nelson, S, Florida - Nelson has established himself as an elite player this year, being the MVP of the Gators' SEC champions' defense. He's around the ball at all times, he gets picks, he makes touchdowns...he's a playmaker in the ultimate sense of the word. St. Louis' defense is based almost entirely on Nelson's game, which is playmaking. Make a play on the ball in the air, get that fumble off the ground, etc.
9. San Francisco - LaRon Landry, S, LSU - A great young offense for San Francisco will be complimented nicely by a great defense. They've played a lot better as of late, but they still need work. Landry is a great talent and a great leader, and after Tony Parrish was cut, that's exactly what this secondary needs.
10. Green Bay - Marshawn Lynch, RB, Cal - If Brett Favre coming back? Is Aaron Rodgers the future? Either way, they need a RB. Ahman Green has been solid at times this year, but he's not the future and isn't reliable. Lynch is a gamebreaker. One cut and he's gone.
11. Minnesota - Ted Ginn, WR, Ohio State - Ginn has an exciting future. He's not polished right now at all, but if the Vikings can coach him up right, he'll be a gamechanger everytime he's on the field.
12. Carolina - Troy Smith, QB, Ohio State - Jake Delhomme has had a pretty poor year and deserves a lot of the blame for the Panthers' disappointing season. Troy Smith is a steal here IMO. A natural leader with a great arm and great improvisation skills, Smith will be a great player in the NFL. Sit him on the bench for a year.
13. Miami - Alan Branch, DT, Michigan - Miami has one of the best d-lines in the NFL, and maybe the best in team history, but the interior of the line is really really old. Well, so is the exterior, but that's besides the point. Branch can play the DE spot in the 3-4, too, swapping time with Kevin Carter and Matt Roth, as well as Vonnie Holliday, and he can play the nose if necessary, although he may be too big for that. Still, an athlete like this is great for depth at the very least, something Nick Saban loves.
14. Pittsburgh - Darrelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh - Not a great class at all for corners, but Revis appears to be the real deal. The Steelers take the hometown guy here over players like Antoine Cason and Leon Hall. Not a bad decision; Revis is a great athlete and playmaker.
15. Buffalo - Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona - Nate Clements could be gone in free agency, and even if he stays, they need another good corner behind him. Cason could very well be the best corner in this draft.
16. Tennessee - Leon Hall, CB, Michigan - Pacman Jones looks good, but Reynaldo Hill is flat-out awful. This draft pick gives Tennessee one of the finer young CB duos in the league.

If we draft Jamarcus with the number 5 overall, i will be really angry....

And I'm not sure Reggie Nelson is a top 10 guy...

when the owner says "we need to put more weapons around him" (David Carr) how would taking another QB with the 1st pick support that theory :rolleyes:

unless somehow Joe Thomas drops in the Texans lap you can start any Mock Draft with the Texans selecting
0915adrian_peterson_300.jpg

could one of you web masters impose the Texans uni over the OU jersey? thanks

If we draft Jamarcus with the number 5 overall, i will be really angry....

And I'm not sure Reggie Nelson is a top 10 guy...

I agree with this. But under this scenario...if the brownies would bite...why wouldn't you move down with this group on the board at the eight spot ? I mean are you all day guys saying the injury history is bogus and this guy is HOFer material as soon as he's picked ? Inquiring minds want to know.

But, if they moved down and Russel is on the board and your coach wants the guy....?
All I know that's a lot of tallent on the board after seven.

8. St. Louis - Reggie Nelson, S, Florida - Nelson has established himself as an elite player this year, being the MVP of the Gators' SEC champions' defense. He's around the ball at all times, he gets picks, he makes touchdowns...he's a playmaker in the ultimate sense of the word. St. Louis' defense is based almost entirely on Nelson's game, which is playmaking. Make a play on the ball in the air, get that fumble off the ground, etc.
9. San Francisco - LaRon Landry, S, LSU - A great young offense for San Francisco will be complimented nicely by a great defense. They've played a lot better as of late, but they still need work. Landry is a great talent and a great leader, and after Tony Parrish was cut, that's exactly what this secondary needs.
10. Green Bay - Marshawn Lynch, RB, Cal - If Brett Favre coming back? Is Aaron Rodgers the future? Either way, they need a RB. Ahman Green has been solid at times this year, but he's not the future and isn't reliable. Lynch is a gamebreaker. One cut and he's gone.
11. Minnesota - Ted Ginn, WR, Ohio State - Ginn has an exciting future. He's not polished right now at all, but if the Vikings can coach him up right, he'll be a gamechanger everytime he's on the field.
12. Carolina - Troy Smith, QB, Ohio State - Jake Delhomme has had a pretty poor year and deserves a lot of the blame for the Panthers' disappointing season. Troy Smith is a steal here IMO. A natural leader with a great arm and great improvisation skills, Smith will be a great player in the NFL. Sit him on the bench for a year.
13. Miami - Alan Branch, DT, Michigan - Miami has one of the best d-lines in the NFL, and maybe the best in team history, but the interior of the line is really really old. Well, so is the exterior, but that's besides the point. Branch can play the DE spot in the 3-4, too, swapping time with Kevin Carter and Matt Roth, as well as Vonnie Holliday, and he can play the nose if necessary, although he may be too big for that. Still, an athlete like this is great for depth at the very least, something Nick Saban loves.
14. Pittsburgh - Darrelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh - Not a great class at all for corners, but Revis appears to be the real deal. The Steelers take the hometown guy here over players like Antoine Cason and Leon Hall. Not a bad decision; Revis is a great athlete and playmaker.
15. Buffalo - Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona - Nate Clements could be gone in free agency, and even if he stays, they need another good corner behind him. Cason could very well be the best corner in this draft.
16. Tennessee - Leon Hall, CB, Michigan - Pacman Jones looks good, but Reynaldo Hill is flat-out awful. This draft pick gives Tennessee one of the finer young CB duos in the league.

1. Detroit Lions - Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame - seems like the top two picks are locks at this point. detroit needs a QB. the best one here at #1 is quinn. simple.
2. Oakland Raiders - Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech - porter and moss are most likely gone. who will be QB? who knows...
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Joe Thomas, T, Wisconsin - the bucs have so many needs it's not funny. probably the most strapped team in the league going into offseason. they need a franchise tackle just as much as any other position.
4. Arizona Cardinals - Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson - worst pass rush in the league. this will help.
5. Houston Texans - JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU - most scouts look at him as a top 15 pick right now. with a good combine and workout, he'll go top 10 easily.
6. Cleveland Browns - Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma - they need a running game, and it's hard to imagine peterson not giving the browns a huge spark on offense.
7. Washington Redskins - Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska - i seem to be alone out there in liking this guy. and by "alone" i'm just referring to the national media and internet world, but scouts know what carriker brings to the table. unless they're IDIOTS.
8. Minnesota Vikings - Ted Ginn, Jr, WR, Ohio State - ginn has a lot of scary potential. he's not polished, but not every player in the draft is a polished gem.
9. Carolina Panthers - Colt Brennan, QB, Hawaii - now this is fun. scouts love brennan. people say "what about the offense?" and while i agree with that, this is just going by what i hear from various people. i know mel kiper is in love with him. opposing coaches call him one of the best QB's they've ever seen. good size, great field vision, extremely accurate....they like him. i wouldn't touch a guy from that offense in the first round, but that's just me.
10. Miami Dolphins - Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona - miami has one of the top defenses in the league, but we really lack a shutdown corner. cason could very well be the best in this draft at his position, along with darrelle revis and maybe leon hall.

The Texans will not pick Jamarcus Russell with the 5th pick. They really don't have the time to completely start over and take a project QB. If (when) they decide to replace Carr they will get a veteran QB and draft an impact player like Adrian Peterson or Joe Thomas (someone who will make an immediate impact on the teams W's and L's from game one).

1.) Detroit (2-12) Chi, @ Dallas (2-14)?

2.) Oakland (2-12) KC, @ NYJ (3-13)?

3.) Tampa (3-11) @ Cle, Sea (3-13)?

4.) Arizona (4-10) @ SF, @ SD (4-12)?

5.) Houston (4-10) Indy, Cle (4-12)?

6.) Cleveland (4-10) TB, @ Hou (5-11)?

7.) Washington (5-9) @ Stl, NYG (6-10)?

I think you meant Charles... but I understand what point you are making. I think Peterson will be better than Lynch. He is bigger, just as fast, and catches the ball well too.

The Texans will not pick Jamarcus Russell with the 5th pick. They really don't have the time to completely start over and take a project QB. If (when) they decide to replace Carr they will get a veteran QB and draft an impact player like Adrian Peterson or Joe Thomas (someone who will make an immediate impact on the teams W's and L's from game one).

What were you watching Sunday ? Inquiring minds want to know. They've got nothing but time at this point. DC & this team are a train wreck looking for a bad rail. Thomas is off the board by the third pick. Long and Baker are going back, acroding to the ESPN guys guess. Which means, this OLT class got real ordinary really fast.

he's average in the clutch. had some good games, had some bad games.

Bad in the clutch? Did you watch the Tennessee and Ole Miss games this year? We got screwed over against Auburn. If they would have called that pass interference penalty we'd deserve a shot at the national title. BCS is lucky they didn't call that penalty.

Titan "Tack" Fan;544326 said:
Bad in the clutch? Did you watch the Tennessee and Ole Miss games this year? We got screwed over against Auburn. If they would have called that pass interference penalty we'd deserve a shot at the national title. BCS is lucky they didn't call that penalty.
he shouldn't have thrown that pass against auburn in the first place. ;)

There is no way our front office will take a QB. In some reason they are in love with Carr and they believe Carr will be the FRANCHISE QUATERBACK, when he will lead the team to another losing season.

Oh, and don't expect them draft guys like Micheal Griffen, Aaron Ross, Kevin Kolb or other local guys from UH or UT. i don't know why but our front office don't like picking local guys.

What's the issue with the FO not likeing local/regional guys????????? I've heard this a couple of times on this site by different people. When the FO is refered to is it the Casserly FO, or the Kubiak/Smith FO, of McNair?????

1. Detroit - Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame - Detroit has a lot of issues, and while QB isn't an immediate need, they can't rely on Jon Kitna being the future of the franchise. Brady Quinn will hopefully make up for the Joey Harrington disaster. Prototypical passer with great success already in a pro-style offense. He's only going to get better.
2. Oakland - Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech - While it's not clear whether Johnson will actually declare, I'm going to assume that he will at this moment. Oakland has a good young promising defense, but the offense has been miserable. Struck down by injuries, suspensions and laziness, the Raiders boast one of the worst-scoring offenses in the NFL. Randy Moss and Jerry Porter may play their last games in silver and black this year, so Oakland's receiving corps will be one of the worst in the league. Johnson is one of the finest WR prospects in a long long time. And actually has character, unlike Moss and Porter.
3. Tampa Bay - Joe Thomas, T, Wisconsin - The Bucs have the worst offense in the NFL. Last year, the Bucs invested a first and second rounder in the offensive line, drafting G David Joseph and T Jeremy Trueblood. Both solid players, but their place is on the right side of the line, and they will improve it drastically. However, Anthony Davis is not a franchise LT at all. Joe Thomas will not only set-up a wall for the QB's backside, but he's a mauler in the run game as well. The Bucs also need a lot of help on defense, especially on the d-line and in the secondary.
4. Arizona - Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson - Arizona is the worst team in the league when it comes to putting pressure on the QB. They also have problems protecting the QB on offense. The game is played in the trenches. Adams is arguably the best DE in the draft and he'll make an impact immediately on Arizona's line. If the running game can get going, the Cards will be a dangerous team to fend with.
5. Houston - JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU - Texans fans are pretty upset with passing on Vince Young. And Reggie Bush. However, Mario Williams will be a very good player, and you can't build a franchise overnight. Russell is going to skyrocket in this draft because let's face it, this just isn't a great draft for QB's. He'll have a great combine and pro day, impressing scouts with his rocket arm and good mobility. While not the natural leader as Young, Russell is more gifted physically. He's a big project, but Houston fans wil have something to look forward to.
6. Washington - Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska - Another disappointing year for Washington. It appears you can't win a Super Bowl by spending tons of money on free agents and trading away all your draft picks. Time to work on that defense by upgrading the various positions with young players. Carriker is a power guy who commands a lot of attention from the opposition. He's not highly rated right now by scouts, but he'll have the Senior Bowl, where he won't be double-teamed, to show how good he is, plus the combine and workouts.
7. Cleveland - Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma - Cleveland's offense is young and exciting, but they lack a game-changing runningback. Peterson is considered a steal to some here, and to others, a reach. The injury concerns are something to think about, but if he can stay healthy, he'll be an elite back in the league. But is Charlie Frye the future?
before the move, i just want to brag that i thought jamarcus russell and adam carriker would go top 10 long before anyone else. thank you, and good night. ;)

before the move, i just want to brag that i thought jamarcus russell and adam carriker would go top 10 long before anyone else. thank you, and good night. ;)
Trumped by the fact that you thought Troy Smith would go #12.

Yeah both good calls.

But you also had Troy Smith in the top 15 which looks very unlikely at this point.

I figured that's what you're doing. I saved coach dents most excellent zbs articles. So anyone saved one of those DC suxs twenty page monsters ?

Back