New Quick top 10 mock

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by kastofsna, Oct 17, 2006.

1. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

just going by ESPN's power rankings here:

1: Oakland - Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech. porter is gone, moss is probably gone. al davis won't draft a QB. bring in johnson!
    2: Green Bay - Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma. despite broken collarbone, he'll still go top 5.
    3: Houston - Marshawn Lynch, RB, Cal. i think he's better than peterson personally, and i think after a good season and combine, he'll go top 5 along with peterson. he fits kubiak's one-read RB system well, too.
    4: Arizona - Joe Thomas, T, Wisconsin. pretty simple pick here. the line is awful and they need studs to improve it. leonard davis is an all-pro, but he may be moved soon.
    5: Cleveland - Jared Gaither, T, Maryland. 2nd best offensive line prospect in the draft IMO. could be better in the long run than thomas.
    6: Miami - Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame. pure BPA situation here. saban isn't stupid.
    7: Tennessee - Daymeion Hughes, CB, Cal. already spent a top 10 pick on a CB, and they do it again here. reynaldo hill is really awful. hughes is the best DB in this draft IMO. that includes safeties.
    8: Detroit - Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville. the matt millen era is hopefully over at this point, and mike martz gets a young gunslinger who learns fast and will do very well in his offense.
    9: San Francisco - LaRon Landry, S, LSU. they're allowing 32 points a game this year. the offense looks good, but that defense is awful.
    10: Buffalo - Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson. this is definitely a BPA situation, as adams is considered by most to be better than the #10 player selected in the draft. a very young defense gets younger...and better.

2. Reddevil63

Reddevil63 Hall of Fame

No way Oakland passes up on Brady Quinn

3. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

oakland doesn't draft QB's in the first round. i said it this past draft, and i'll say it again. al davis won't do it. forget about it.

4. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

If Oakland will take Huff over Leinart and Cutler, they will take Johnson over Quinn. Why are some so suprised by this?

5. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

I think Quinn will go to the Radiers. If we cant get Peterson, trade down and gete Merryweather from Miami. He can play Safety and step on people :)

6. HomeBred_Texan

HomeBred_Texan Hall of Fame

Because if Al Davis does it agian with there desperate need for a QB, he will have empty seats in the stadium...

Yea I know, everyone thinks he will pick up Kurt Warner from Arizona next year, but we will have to wait and see...

I agree though, Oakland will take a QB with first pick...

7. Errant Hothy

Errant Hothy Hypermediocrity

Since when did Al Davis care about that? And when was the last time he drafted a QB in the first round?

And disn't we all hear this same line of reasoning last year about the QB position in Raider nation? And did they address it then?

8. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

after the marinovich disaster, al davis proclaimed he would never draft a QB in the first round again. al davis is senile enough to draft a kicker in the first round, and he's certainly senile enough to go against the fans' wants and the team's needs and stick to his guns JUST BECAUSE his ego is that absurdly massive.

9. rmartin65

rmartin65 I'm Score

Hey, just curious, why do you like Lynch so much? I have not been able to see him play alot, but I have noticed you are a huge advocate of him. Thanks for any info.

10. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

has good size, good speed, finds the whole and makes the quick decision and burst to get into the open field, outruns the defenders, has great escapability in the backfield even when the line breaks down...catches the ball well out of the backfield. he's perfect for houston. perfect.

11. HomeBred_Texan

HomeBred_Texan Hall of Fame

Al Davis thought he did, he brought in Aaron Brookes...

12. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

lol, thats funny :whip:

13. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

That must burn your toast kastofsna

14. YoungTexanFan

You can't honestly expect steller combine numbers from Lynch? He is not a top 5 back, and neither is Peterson after his injury.

15. SF49erFaithful

SF49erFaithful Crabtree FTW

Hmmmm.......

Don't like the Hughes pick. I really would be very suprised to him go top 10. I am not even sure if he is a first rounder at this point.

As for the SF pick, I definitely hope it is a defensive prospect. I really don't know if it will be Landry, but I hope it is something that can help our defense out.

16. SF49erFaithful

All what Peterson did though is break a collarbone. It isn't like a torn ACL where it could really effect the rest of his career.

17. YoungTexanFan

Signed,
    Carlos Rogers.

18. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

they both are.
    he's been DOMINANT this year. EASILY the best CB in this draft based on his play.
    what

19. YoungTexanFan

That Gaither went just ahead of your team.

20. SF49erFaithful

Yes he has been very productive but that is not what the draft is about. It is about potential. There are more than a few DB's with more potential than him and chances are guys like McCauley are gonna light it up at the combine and will warrant a higher pick that Hughes.

For example, there is Elvis Dumervil. He was super-productive in college but was never really considered to be a top-pick because his athleticism isn't all that great. That's kind of how I view Hughes.