Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

McNair Will Keep Kubiak....Announcement forthcoming

I made it a point to watch Kubiak essentially throughout the game. Most of the time, with the O on the field, he was on the sideline around 25 yds down the line from the LOS. With the D on the field he was so far away from play action that he would have needed binoculars to see anything that was going on...........that is, IF he didn't have his nose buried in "The Menu" he was holding during the time most plays were actively developing. How does he know how to react and make decisions from play to play. A little birdie gives HIM instructions?

What bowled me over completely was when I noticed something that I had never noticed before............. that he wasn't holding the typical single sheet sheet menu I'm used to seing in the hands of other coaches........he was holding a BIFOLD menu...........FOUR full pages of play calls........FOUR full pages. If HE has the need to constantly (and I mean constantly) refer to the menu (hasn't near memorized it yet), how the H*ll does he expect his players to remember all that their supposed to do, or remember all plays he calls. :kubepalm:

classic case of information overload. w/trickle down effect to assistants & players on field trying to execute :mariopalm:

Say what you will but this is not limited to one game. An entire season of coming down to the wire. Watching the Tennessee game then the Denver meltdown all but assured me that his team quit on him but today didn't show that at all. His players are not stupid. 5-11 6-10 makes no difference.

FYI, I also think Kubiak is mediocre.

Additionally, good teams play a full game on offense. Look at the breakdowns of scoring per quarter.

1. 6/7/7/14
2. 0/7/10/10/3
3. 0/3/0/10
4. 14/0/10/7
5. 0/3/7/0
6. 0/7/7/21
7. 0/3/7/7
8. 10/10/3/0
9. 3/0/14/7
10. 0/7/0/20
11. 0/14/3/3
12. 3/7/14/0
13. 0/7/6/15/0
14. 0/3/7/7
15. 7/10/6/0
16. 10/10/7/7

A ton of games where the offense basically didn't show up in the first half and then the team made a furious comeback and fell short. We saw this last year too where the team looked flat either in the first or the second half. A coach has to get his team fired up. This team rarely sustains a full effort throughout the game.

classic case of information overload. w/trickle down effect to assistants & players on field trying to execute :mariopalm:

"execute" I thought that was this guy's line...
D_1.jpg

Kubiak sucks
Hopefully the guy just quits and gives up
His act is tired and he sounds like a big puss...a beaten man
Give me Cowher or someone who isn't such a vertical slit

McNair can go F himself for all I care...

Like I have said and have been criticized before.
McNair is all about the almighty dollar
McNair is cheap (Is this even up for argument now?)
McNair does not put a priority on winning championships
McNair is a pile of dog excrement

and Dunta gets the last laugh. All you guys who were slamming Dunta and saying he sucks....well looks who is laughing now. one team imploded and the other team got the #1 seed and homefield throughout the playoffs. guess who? that's right. Dunta.

Screw you, Rick.

FIRE RICK SMITH
FIRE KUBIAK
this team is an embarassment and just you wait, Kubiak will be back in 2012 too after going 7-9 next year. They will come up with another excuse.

our only hope is that Gary wants to go to Denver, and he refuses to fire Bush thus forcing Cheap Ass Bob's hand. Then we will probably get some HC that sucks even more than Calhoun. God forbid, hiring a proven winner. That would just be too smart for that pile of crap named Bob. F You Bob.

more to come...

Just wanted to add my two cents and chip in a vote of confidence in Gary ... to an extent.

I think he's proven himself a fantastic offensive guy. I question his overall leadership in hiring and keeping such awful defensive guys, but if the players say they are on board, I can give him another year. Because ...

There isn't a true upgrade at HC out there save for Bill Cowher, but I never felt that he was being seriously considered. I could say goodbye to Kubiak if we were bringing in Cowher, but for some reason I knew McNair was gonna give Kubiak one more go. Any one else is an unproven or too inconsistent and not a serious candidate in my mind.

Fire all of the defensive assistants and replace them with someone - anyone - and we'll see improvement on that side of the ball.

and Dunta gets the last laugh.
All you guys who were slamming Dunta and saying he sucks....well looks who is laughing now. one team imploded and the other team got the #1 seed and homefield throughout the playoffs. guess who? that's right. Dunta.

Screw you, Rick.

FIRE RICK SMITH

I think you are on to something here -

Smith is the one who provided the Texans with the kiddie secondary , who let Pay-Me-Rick walk and didnt bring in a veteran presence in the secondary as an insurance policy should the kids falter.

Smith gave us Steve Slaton as a kick returner (did they really have a better option?) :headhurts:

Important quote from the release announcing that Mangini was fired:

“This decision was not easy for me, and it was one into which I put a great deal of thought,” said Browns President Mike Holmgren. “Although we have made improvements this season, my responsibility is to ensure that we establish a program that will allow this team to compete at a championship level.”

Important quote from the release announcing that Mangini was fired:

“This decision was not easy for me, and it was one into which I put a great deal of thought,” said Browns President Mike Holmgren. “Although we have made improvements this season, my responsibility is to ensure that we establish a program that will allow this team to compete at a championship level.”

Important quote from the release announcing that Kubiak was retained.

"This decision was easy for me, and it was one into which I did not put a great deal of thought into," said Texans owner Bob McNair. "Although we have declined this season, my responsibility is to ensure that we establish a program that will allow this team to keep it's friends intact and compete at a mediocre level."

tongue.gif

Smith gave us Steve Slaton as a kick returner (did they really have a better option?) :headhurts:

Sherrick McManis was a better option.

James Casey was a better option.

Heck I'm a better option, & I'd have done it on the cheap.

Sherrick McManis was a better option.

James Casey was a better option.

Heck I'm a better option, & I'd have done it on the cheap.

McMainis ... Maybe. But putting a TE/HB returning kicks ?! I cant see that being an upgrade.

McManis did return one kick for 25 yards .... I dont know why they didnt give him more of an opportunity. I dont recall the particular play ....

Dorin Dickerson is who I thought of .

Thats an interesting option that I didnt really consider.

I keep checking with hopefull anticipation to see if this tread is false.

Still no official word either way?

Ok. So earlier on Friday I posted that I spoke with a player who used to play with The Texans during 07-09 season and he said that the problem had to do more with the egos along the organization.

Today I spoke with him again and flat out asked him "What do you think about them keeping Kubiak, and is he the man for this job". His response was (summarizing)' Kubiak is an offensive guy and our offense has alot of fire power. The issue has been with the defensive coaching since I was there. Now I hear that Wade Phillips might be going there and man Wade is my guy. I played with him in San Diego in 04-05 and if you put that defense on the Texans, Texans would be a huge threat to win it all.'

Ok. So earlier on Friday I posted that I spoke with a player who used to play with The Texans during 07-09 season and he said that the problem had to do more with the egos along the organization.

Today I spoke with him again and flat out asked him "What do you think about them keeping Kubiak, and is he the man for this job". His response was (summarizing)' Kubiak is an offensive guy and our offense has alot of fire power. The issue has been with the defensive coaching since I was there. Now I hear that Wade Phillips might be going there and man Wade is my guy. I played with him in San Diego in 04-05 and if you put that defense on the Texans, Texans would be a huge threat to win it all.'

And if you put the '85 Bears defense on this squad we would definately win it all; however, does anyone believe that we have the personnel on that side of the ball to really compete? Can we really do that in one off-season - especially since there will not be much, if any, real activity for quite some time due to the CBA?

Worst case

- McNair keeps Kubiak - Check
- McNair hires Wade - It will happen
- Smitiak ignores the special teams issues

And if you put the '85 Bears defense on this squad we would definately win it all; however, does anyone believe that we have the personnel on that side of the ball to really compete? Can we really do that in one off-season - especially since there will not be much, if any, real activity for quite some time due to the CBA?

I think there definitely is. I pray and truly believe that McNair/Smith know the importance of getting a couple more veterans on this team on that side of the ball. A key addition here or there and we'll be gravy I think. This assumes that Mario is healthy and Barwin and Demeco come back healthy and play well.

Lots of ifs and maybes and blind faith... but that's all I got. lol

Well no duh. His point is that Texans have never made a solid effort to get a real DC. He even stated that alot of players would love to go where Phillips is.

Worst case

- McNair keeps Kubiak - Check
- McNair hires Wade - It will happen
- Smitiak ignores the special teams issues

You know, alot of this is going under the rug because alot of us want Kubiak gone. However, I agree that getting a new DC isn't going to help when the offense is consistently getting the ball at the 35 or better to start off with.

for everyones info (so they dont spend 5 mins looking it up like me!) its jamar fletcher that is the mystery player :doot:

Wow, so the HC (and GM) had no say-so in what we did from a personnel standpoint on defense? Why is Bob acting so defensive and irrational? Rick Smith and Kubiak must be blood relatives to Bob. Otherwise, this level of defense simply does not make sense.

Props to Matt Jackson's Twitter account for the link:

http://www.click2houston.com/video/26366571/index.html

Its you getting your panties in a wad. Bob McNair uses WE in that excerpt all over the place. He clearly acknowledges everyone's role in the fiasco that was our secondary/defense this year. What, you expected him to come out & throw the HC under the bus? A HC that he just gave yet another year to? In the words of Keyshawn Johnson.... Come on man!

Its you getting your panties in a wad. Bob McNair uses WE in that excerpt all over the place. He clearly acknowledges everyone's role in the fiasco that was our secondary/defense this year. What, you expected him to come out & throw the HC under the bus? A HC that he just gave yet another year to? In the words of Keyshawn Johnson.... Come on man!

That's what Keyshawn is saying on Sunday Countdown to McNair for keeping Kubiak a sixth year.

Looks like Cleveland may target John Gruden when they fire Mangini tomorrow (www.rotoworld.com).

Glad to see that the CBA issues continue to keep teams from making coaching moves...

They're sure to win the super bowl next year and every year after! Gruden is the best eveerrrr!!!

Dang houstonhurricane you neg-repped me for this!? That was my first neg rep ever. :(

1st Neg Rep: January 2011

That's 4 and 2/3 years; 56 months; 7,000 posts. Guess it had to come sometime, it has been a nice run.

Dang houstonhurricane you neg-repped me for this!? That was my first neg rep ever. :(

1st Neg Rep: January 2011

That's 4 and 2/3 years; 56 months; 7,000 posts. Guess it had to come sometime, it has been a nice run.

The neg rep whining is getting pretty old. Meaningless stat on the interwebz. People want their e-penor (rep points) to be the biggest.

It has not been the culture on this board to negative rep people, unless they are acting like complete trolls in the truest sense of the term. Traditionally we have not negative repped each other for a simple difference of opinion.

There are message boards where negative rep is used liberally, and in some cases, the members on these boards tend to end up with more negative rep than positive rep. In other words, it becomes rather hostile and mean-spirited. Surely we can all agree that this is not a path that we wish to explore.

So, please, let's try to play nice with the rep points.

Ok well I wasn't whining... I actually thought it was kind of funny. Quite frankly I could care less. I think neg rep is pretty dumb and felt like calling someone out on it. People are just getting so sensitive nowadays.

Ok well I wasn't whining... I actually thought it was kind of funny. Quite frankly I could care less. I think neg rep is pretty dumb and felt like calling someone out on it. People are just getting so sensitive nowadays.

Sensitive on both sides of the rep scale. People have to temper their comments in posts as well. Getting down to the point is far better than throwing a bratty tantrum.

I was astounded by the neg you received. Silly but you gotta laugh it off.

So, if the Texans fail to make the playoff's next season who will be the scapegoat?
I thought this season was the final test for Kubiak?

I think the Texans and McNair did the right thing in keeping Kubiak. I don't know who likes or dislikes him, but as a die-hard Raider fan that is also a casual Texan fan, I think Kubes deserves another year with a competent DC and scheme. Now, whether Wade can deliver or not I can't say. In fact, who it so say Wade won't try and undermine Kubes, much like what happened out in Oakland with Tom Cable and Hue Jackson.

We'll have to wait and see with the steaming pile of shi.....I mean the staff we have now. I hope it works....really do....but am having to fight apathy right now.

Raiders - Cannot believe they let Cable go. Raiders were finally non-garbage since 2002 and Zombie Lord Davis lets Cable go = :kubepalm:

Good luck to the Raiders and Texans to overcome owner stupidity next season!!

;)

Yeah, the Raiders will need it. Word today is that Nnamdi Asomugha is a FA because he didn't hit certain incentives, and the Raiders can NOT franchise him. I suspect Nams will now leave so he can play in a up-to-date defense somewhere else in the NFL, and you thought the Texans had problems, the Raiders have 20+ FA this offseason and Davis just turned a bunch of players off by letting Cables walk. If the Texans were smart, they'd take a look at the Raiders roster and go after FAs like OG Robert Gallery, DB Nnamdi Asomugha, DT Richard Seymour, etc.

Yeah, the Raiders will need it. Word today is that Nnamdi Asomugha is a FA because he didn't hit certain incentives, and the Raiders can NOT franchise him. I suspect Nams will now leave so he can play in a up-to-date defense somewhere else in the NFL, and you thought the Texans had problems, the Raiders have 20+ FA this offseason and Davis just turned a bunch of players off by letting Cables walk. If the Texans were smart, they'd take a look at the Raiders roster and go after FAs like OG Robert Gallery, DB Nnamdi Asomugha, DT Richard Seymour, etc.

but are GM is not smart and will end up signing more no name guys that other teams cut.

Back