Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

McNabb traded!

It was originally reported that he was "in the best shape he's been in years" and he was down to 271. Apparently that was a lie and he's floating around 290...

The amount of money Russell gets paid to not give a **** about football is hilarious.

610 WIP SportsRadio (Philly) is talking about the trade right now, some good points being made.

IMO, I feel that Andy reid thinks Kolb is ready to lead the Eagles and therefore he felt trading McNabb was the best option, get something from him now through a trade rather then cut him down the road. If Kolb turns out okay then this trade will be good for both sides. The Redskins get a vet who can mentor Jason Campbell (who I suspect might be their future QB but well see) however trading a guy within your own division is not a smart move.

This could make Dez Bryant an option in the first round for Wash then. Depends if Okung is on the board still I guess.

This could make Dez Bryant an option in the first round for Wash then. Depends if Okung is on the board still I guess.

Could be but IIRC Shanahan is the one who drafted Ryan Clady so I think he understands the importance of a left tackle and if Okung is their then I see him getting their franchise tackle, if not then Dez Bryant would be great.

Another point being mentioned on the talkshow is that McNabb never had a lights-out WR untill now (He had TO for a season) so if the Skins' get Dez Bryant it would be cool to see the McNabb-Bryant duo.

Hope Kevin Kolb gets his shot to replace McNabb. What a strange trade though. As long as I don't have to see MV on the field, I really don't care who they play.

I can't find the quote now but Campbell was REAL unhappy at the treatment he got from the Skins last year..and he thought he was the clear number one guy and didn't want less.

I bet he won't be happy sitting behind McNabb because there is no way he's going to be number one now.

I can't find the quote now but Campbell was REAL unhappy at the treatment he got from the Skins last year..and he thought he was the clear number one guy and didn't want less.

I bet he won't be happy sitting behind McNabb because there is no way he's going to be number one now.

I'm guessing that Campbell is a Bill, or a Panther, or a Raider, or something that's not a Redskin by the start of the '10 season.

I'm guessing that Campbell is a Bill, or a Panther, or a Raider, or something that's not a Redskin by the start of the '10 season.

yea you're probably right.

I forgot what game it was but it was late season and it was a national game and all I remember is Campbell taking a huge pounding...he hurt his ankle getting sacked and still played. I would have to say if he's properly coached and in the right scheme he could be a pretty good starting QB.

Of course that could be said about most NFL QB's I guess but I've seen worse. Maybe he can make some noise somewhere. He played very tough that game.

Bizarre move by Shanahan. Why give up a 2nd + for a guy who may only be a round another 2 years or so. Does he have his eye on a young QB to groom who he likes? The skins will not win this year, so its a bit of a head scratcher.

I really believe Shanahan thinks Campbell has the ability to be their guy, but will need some time to overahaul what's been damaged. All McNabb has to do is give them a solid couple of years before Jason returns, which is a small price to pay considering whats on the line (they can make the playoffs now). I have a feeling Philly just made the biggest mistake in franchise history, & Kubes ole' boss just did them :handshake:

Even if Okung is gone I still don't see them drafting a WR that high when you Bulaga on still on the board. Suh will be gone and with the Redskins move to a 3-4 that all but kills McCoy, but I wouldn't even move to a 3-4 when you could have McCoy and Fat Albert rocking the interior line.

The Redskins WRs are nobodys b/c for the most part they are young...howvever they are very talented and Jason Campbell was terribly inconsistent (this may be b/c he had to deal with too many different OCs and Shanahan makes HC #3)...Campbell is still young and it would make sense to try to trade him now while he has value. With McNabb, Grossman, Colt Brennan and Bartel, probably 3 QBs will be sent packing.

I have a feeling Philly just made the biggest mistake in franchise history, & Kubes ole' boss just did them :handshake:

I also tend to think the organization which made the mistake was Philly and Shanny made a bold move, albeit really high risk, but also a high potential move. The 'Skins had a very strong defense last year and one of the best QBs in the game may make them a contender in '10 ? The NFC East just got even tougher.

I hate that is seems like Washington is improving in a year we need to be able to beat them. On the other hand I wonder what it does to Philly and our chances of beating them.

I think the franchise that doesn't make alot of mistakes just made a big one. I think the Eagles will really regret this move, and Philly fans may regret wishing for McNabb to be sent packing.

fatguyjk4.jpg

LMAO! JaMarcus Russell's head, on Rex Ryan's body, with photo-shopped black arms! Genius...

It just seems like the Eagles caved to the loud and boisterous (and probably a tad racist) sect of the fan base that boo'ed the McNabb pick when he was drafted.

Listening to WIP off and on and I think all of their hosts are just really bad. You can tell who has whipped up a lot of the fans on the McNabb hate. They have pegged Kolb as the next great thing and that trading McNabb was right because he was a choker and he puked in the huddle that one time. Kolb is going to have a rough go of things if he doesn't blow people away from the opening game.

One revealing thing that came out of the TO debacle in PHI was that the locker room was divided. If you're the franchise QB, and some significant portion of the locker room is behind TO and against you, then you have problems.

It would be fun to see the Redskins sign Terrel Owens and have a little reunion. They need a few WR's like nobody's business.

I think this is a great move for Philly. Kolb is a really good QB and I don't think Philly will miss a beat with this move. Kolb was very impressive last season when he got the start. Plus, the Eagles have a couple of really impressive WRs that will make the job a lot easier. A 2nd rounder in this deep draft is a very nice pick as well, and I bet they will be grabbing a RB to lighten the load for Kolb.

Always dangerous trading within the division. On one hand, Philly gets several draft picks away from a rival, in a deep overall draft class. One thing often looked at is the head to head games (twice a year). This is thought to make Washington stronger, and you know McNabb is going to play his heart out against Philly. But on the other hand, the very basis of making a division rival stronger is all the other games they play. This gives Washington a much better chance of beating OTHER teams which will have a direct impact on who wins the division outright or beats out another team for the wildcard spot.

It's a really risky move and Philly will really be blasted if the Redskins win some games and get to the playoffs, even if the Eagles win the heads-up games.

Ok. as a long time Eagles fan up here in Philly here is my take on this. It was the right time to do this. There was no way they would resign McNabb after this season. He is a UFA after this year if he doesn't get something worked out with Washington.
From what I have heard, the Redskins offer was the best one. It was reported last night that this came together Wed. and the Redskins made a offer long before there was talk about trading McNabb and Reid didn't not want to send McNabb to the Redskins. The thinking changed after the serious offers from Oakland, the Bills, and the Redskins were out there.

They really believe that Kolb is ready, and so do I personally. I believe that Kolb will become a top QB. They are looking for a QB for the next 10 years. Not someone for two or three.

You have to keep in mind that this has become a young team with McCoy, Jackson, Maclin, Celek, and whoever they draft if they take another RB. Kolb is their guy to lead them.

I have said this before, and it is not something you can prove. Watching Kolb in camp every year he has been up here, there is something about him that just says winner. You see that in the great ones and I see that in Kolb. He now has his chance and he will make the most of it.

What has been under the radar is what the Eagles have done over this off season. 11 vet players, traded or released. They have saved a ton on money if you want to look at it that way. They also have 11 picks now in this draft with the 3 they picked up this week. With money and picks, they could trade way up in this draft and have the money to pay a high pick. The Eagles love to trade in the draft. This could get real interesting.

I think it will be like what they did for Dawkens last year. Before the game he will be cheered for what he has done over his stay here. There will be some morans booing McNabb. These are the ones the came on board during the winning times and don't remember what a bad team this was before McNabb. The bad old days when the highlight of the season was just beating Dallas.

The man is a franchise record holder. They know, or should know, that all the success over these years were due to McNabb and Westbrook. Didn't have much else.
When the games starts, he is a Redskin.

These are the ones the came on board during the winning times and don't remember what a bad team this was before McNabb. The bad old days when the highlight of the season was just beating Dallas.

The man is a franchise record holder. They know, or should know, that all the success over these years were due to McNabb and Westbrook.

Yeah. Indeed. Let's see.... After they had Jaworski, they had Cunningham. And that was good.

And inbetween Cunningham and McNabb they had:

Jim McMahon
Bubby Brister
Ken O'Brien
Rodney Peete
Ty Detmer
Koy Detmer

Oh, and Bobby Hoying.

Awesomeness!

I think ideally both McNabb and the Eagles would've liked to wait longer for a trade, but the roster bonus McNabb was due soon probably made it a bigger priority to move him in the Eagle's mind.

I think it's a calculated risk by the Eagles, when McNabb has been injured they've had a few guys step in and look good in the system Reid has in place. Question is going to be can Kolb sustain the level of play overtime.

I've always like McNabb and even though some fans booed him at the draft I remember thinking man, that's going to be a good pick in the long run. It certainly was too. I can tell any Eagle fan straight up if they wanted to trade the success of a guy who has made it to 4 NFC championships and a Superbowl appearance..... there's a team in Texas that would LOVE to ***** about that kind of success their QB has.

It is odd to trade in the same division where it can really come back to haunt you, but I guess the last bit of grace the FO showed McNabb was to trade him to a place that wasn't Buffalo or Oakland. I think given more time Minnesota would've been the best fit for all parties. But, once again the NFL world (maybe more quietly this year) is waiting on Brett Favre.

Just sucks he had to go to DC where I can't cheer for him.

I think Kolb is going to be a top notch QB for them. He has the main ingredient that you want your QB to have - he's got it upstairs. It's why I wasn't surprised when Kolb was taken in the 2nd round. IIRC, UH didn't have a proper playbook while he was manning the position. I'm not sure they do now, but Briles definitely didn't have one.

Rave about measurables and arm strength, but I'll take football IQ any day at the QB position.

I'm going to enjoy watching the Cowboys try to deal with a Redskins team that has a competent QB now.

It just added instant drama to that rivalry. Before this, nobody ever counted upon Jason Campbell making Cowboys-Redskins games an exciting matchup.

LOL.

This is good.

I'm going to enjoy watching the Cowboys try to deal with a Redskins team that has a competent QB now.

It just added instant drama to that rivalry. Before this, nobody ever counted upon Jason Campbell making Cowboys-Redskins games an exciting matchup.

LOL.

This is good.

Any given day. Redskins had a very bad year this past season, yet the Cowboys were only able to win 7-6.

Of course things can change, but after defeating the McNabb led Eagles back to back in January, at this point he doesn't scare me.

Any given day. Redskins had a very bad year this past season, yet the Cowboys were only able to win 7-6.

Of course things can change, but after defeating the McNabb led Eagles back to back in January, at this point he doesn't scare me.

Yep. Campbell came alot closer to beating the Cowboys than McNabb did last year. That was one sucky (is there such a word?) game.

The Redskins are going to be much better. They have a great defense even if they trade big Al.

Now they have added McNabb and are going to fix the OL in the draft.

Kolb is going to be great in Reid's system. Reid taught McNabb and if he says Kolb's ready I believe him.

Last edited:
The Redskins are going to be much better. They have a great defense even if they trade big Al.

Now they have added McNabb and are going to fix the OL in the draft.

Kolb is going to be great in Reid's system. Reid taught McNabb and if he says Kolb's ready I believe him.

fixed it for ya

Back