Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

M. Vick Possibly Running A Dog Fighting Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just going to come right out and say this, and I don't give a rats ass what all you PC'ers or anyone else thinks about me. I could care two bits, so I don't care if all of you rip me to shreds, ban me for life, or anything else.

After seeing this thread, and seeing the comments made by players, it is clear to me this is a racial/cultural issue. The fact that blacks seem to be the only one condoning this despecible behavior says a lot to me about their culture, morals, and social mores. What a sick race of people. I would like to throw kbourda, and dunta23 in a ring with a few of these dogs and see what happens. You people literally make me ill. :bat: :bat: :bat:

Nice job of making what might have been a legitimate cultural observation into a sweeping racist generalization. Amazing overstatement.

I think this thread should be locked. It's obviously going to get way out of control if it hasn't already. Anytime race, religion or politics are brought up in a conversation, nothing good ever comes out of it.:)

Nice job of making what might have been a legitimate cultural observation into a sweeping racist generalization. Amazing overstatement.

You know what, you are right. My bad. That was a sweeping generalization, and in hindsight, I was wrong to say that. I apoligize to those offended by that remark, which is wrong on its face. :devilpig:

I will not condone porky's comments, because it should have been said differently. One of my friends who is hispanic and owns a pitbull, sorta said something to the lines of ............................

why is it the media always finds one race to depict things in a certain way. He went on to say that he is 100% sure there are whites and hispanics who like dog fighting but why is it the media is only showing blacks. My friend always thinks the media has some sort of conspiracy. The sad part is that I might be incline to agree with him after reading some of these comments.

The only reason I mentioned race was because it was brought up.

I will not condone porky's comments, because it should have been said differently. One of my friends who is hispanic and owns a pitbull, sorta said something to the lines of ............................

why is it the media always finds one race to depict things in a certain way. He went on to say that he is 100% sure there are whites and hispanics who like dog fighting but why is it the media is only showing blacks. My friend always thinks the media has some sort of conspiracy. The sad part is that I might be incline to agree with him after reading some of these comments.

The only reason I mentioned race was because it was brought up.

Sure, I will agree with that. In fact, I know for sure of some stupid white rednecks who fight cocks and dogs in east Texas. They couldn't get to 10 in the IQ dept if the whole lot of them stood arm to arm. Morons come in more than one color, and I know that. I wish I could take back what I said guys and gals.

Can I get into Mr. Peabody's way back time machine? :user:

Look the only reason that people think that black guys are the ones that condone dogfights is because everyone whom has sounded off about how dogfighting was ok, are black guys. I know there are probably white/mexican/asian/indian guys that fight dogs, but the people who are saying to turn a blind eye to the situation have all been black. I think that was what Porky meant, although he did go way overboard. Does that mean that all black people condone it? Not at all.

I am not here to defend Porky, as he and I have gotten into it before....BUT, I have never read anything that has led me to beleive that he is an ignorant racist... He has apologized (for letting his sweeping generalizations overflow his thoughts) - a few times... Let it go and lets get back to the topic..

Listen, If we were talking about Tom Brady raising the dogs for fighting, I would have equally the same strong feelings against this practice... Someone asked what the big deal is and that they are just dogs... Well my answer is: a) we have cognitive skills b) that we have the abilitity to know right from wrong c) we are supposed to have compassion - etc. (Insert whatever reason here)....

Lastly... IT IS ILLEGAL....

From time to time, we all get heated and say things which don't really reflect the way we think and feel. Porky isn't a rocket scientist, but he isn't a racist. He cooled off, apologized, and I don't think we should drill him for it. Porky's a good guy, just lives on the wrong side of the political spectrum.

From time to time, we all get heated and say things which don't really reflect the way we think and feel. Porky isn't a rocket scientist, but he isn't a racist. He cooled off, apologized, and I don't think we should drill him for it. Porky's a good guy, just lives on the wrong side of the political spectrum.

Thanks to you and texan bill. Ya, I'm not a racist, just an evil conservative! :whip:

Thanks to all of you for forgiving one ignorant sob today. I guess I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Funny thing is I am usually a pretty calm even keeled kind of guy. But, I am a dog lover. Had them all my life, and for whatever reason, I just sort of lost it for a brief time.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand - bashing Mike Vick. Carry on. :user:

You posted your opinion Porky!! You have nothing to apologize about, IMHO!! People post contraversal stuff on this MB all the time, rarely does anyone apologize if they offend someone. I don't believe you violated the teams of agreement at all, therefore, you can post what you please and you owe NO ONE an apology!!

You posted your opinion Porky!! You have nothing to apologize about, IMHO!! People post contraversal stuff on this MB all the time, rarely does anyone apologize if they offend someone. I don't believe you violated the teams of agreement at all, therefore, you can post what you please and you owe NO ONE an apology!!

Thanks Sandy. Your support means a lot to me.

However, what I originally posted didn't totally or accurately reflect my true feelings. Instead, I let my emotions dictate what I said, instead of my logic. When emotions rule you instead of logic is when you can sometimes say hurtful or mean spirited things, and while I vehemently disagree with kbourda and dunta23 in particular, I have to respect their right to have an opinion, no matter how misguided or cruel I might find it. :devilpig:

difference being most people who offend someone (like myself) started with that intent...rarely does porky start out with that intent. he was apologizing for the delivery, not the message.

Folks I made some comments in this space based on a very emotional reaction to some comments made by a couple of posters, especially dunta23. Those comments were racist in nature, and do not represent my true views or character. I am sure there are plenty of white rednecks engaging in this sick sport as well. I have known many of you via this message board for a number of years, and I hope that in that time, those of you who have read my posts before realize the true nature of my character. I apoligize to my black friends on and off this board. I know MANY fine black people, as well as people of all races, and I get along great with all of those of other races. I made a terrible sweeping generalization, and I feel terrible about it. If I could take it all back, I would. With sincere apoligies,

Mark aka Porky

It takes a real man to apologize when he makes a mistake and man up. Rep your Way.

I'm just going to come right out and say this, and I don't give a rats ass what all you PC'ers or anyone else thinks about me. I could care two bits, so I don't care if all of you rip me to shreds, ban me for life, or anything else.

After seeing this thread, and seeing the comments made by players, it is clear to me this is a racial/cultural issue. The fact that blacks seem to be the only one condoning this despecible behavior says a lot to me about their culture, morals, and social mores. What a sick race of people. I would like to throw kbourda, and dunta23 in a ring with a few of these dogs and see what happens. You people literally make me ill. :bat: :bat: :bat:

I am not here to defend Porky, as he and I have gotten into it before....BUT, I have never read anything that has led me to beleive that he is an ignorant racist... He has apologized (for letting his sweeping generalizations overflow his thoughts) - a few times... Let it go and lets get back to the topic..
Lastly... IT IS ILLEGAL....

See the post above....I'm not sure how someone reading that doesn't mistake him as an ignorant racist.

I disagree....

I've been posting on these boards since '05 and never have I seen anything that nasty.

difference being most people who offend someone (like myself) started with that intent...rarely does porky start out with that intent. he was apologizing for the delivery, not the message.

I'm hoping the opposite true.

I really, really, really hate to re-hash this, because Porky and I spoke about it, and frankly it's all good.... I honestly don't think the man is a racist. I think he's guilty of stereotyping, but a racist person wouldn't have apologized.

The reason I'm responding to these comments is because of the comments that I've just read. No one can change another person's views on certain situations, but the comments in his defense are sickening. Never have I been as offended as I was when I read those comments. Never. I bolded the parts above that are down right outrageous. As a black person it kinda sucks that so many of you felt like an apology wasn't neccessary and that somehow calling a race of people "disgusting" desereves some kind of cyber pat on the back.

As I said, you can't make another person change their views, but just like the rest of you; dammit I'll be heard. In no way is this an attack on the Porkster, because like I said we're cool...It's moreso an attack on the idea that racist comments are easily forgiven by the race that was commented on. That's all I have to say about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back