Luck has two TDs in first nfl game

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by pissknocker, Aug 12, 2012.

1. pissknocker

pissknocker Veteran

His first pass in nfl went the distance , hmmmm?

2. pissknocker

pissknocker Veteran

Just Drove 80 yds for the third TD , a rushing this time.

I don't know who all is watching this but yikes😰

3. b0ng

b0ng Ooops

That first pass was a dumpoff to Donald Brown lets not wet our pants collectively yet.

Kid does look pretty impressive though.

4. fiasco west

fiasco west Hall of Fame

Not scared. Rams have a pretty bad defense.

We should know from first hand experience that even bad NFL defenses can make any QB look all-world.

5. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

Rams D looked REALLY horrible, but Luck sure looked like a gunslinger in there. Let's hope we can rattle him hard, and often.

6. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Following Luck's last night's performance, the Colts may have quickly forgotten about Peyton. But they will not be so quick to forget Curtis Painter, who against the Falcons matched Luck's 3 TDs.:spin:

7. Texecutioner

Texecutioner Hall of Fame

The Colts have got to be the luckiest franchise in NFL history when you think about it. What other franchise was able to end a reign of a decade with a HOF QB like Manning and then immediately end up with another guy that looks like the best QB out of the draft in the last 10 years? And why in the hell did it have to be a team in our division?

Luck will become a pain our asses in about two years.

8. CloakNNNdagger

If he doesn't get killed with that new O-line of his.

9. BullBlitz

BullBlitz Section 331

I watched the entire first half of the Colts game.

Rams or not, Luck was impressive, especially for a rookie in his first game. He was cool in the pocket, shuffled around to avoid any weakness in his blocking, and his passes were on target; some of them being pretty difficult throws. It's not saying much, but he looks like at least the 2nd best QB in the division right now. If Schaub had played that well last night we would all be ecstatic.

10. Fili

Fili All Pro

He threw the ball five yards and it turned into a touchdown. I think Brown should be getting all the hype.

11. Rey

Rey Guest

I said a while ago that I don't think the Colts will suck like everyone is projecting....

I think they will be pretty good atually...

12. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

Maybe so. I want to know what he looks like when Wade Phillips is bringing everything but the kitchen sink from who knows what direction and Watt/Reed/Barwin/Cushing/Mercilus are all foaming at the mouth.

Peyton was great but he had 9 years of fun playing against the worst defenses that the Texans brain trust could come up with. Luck won't get to enjoy that kind of stuff, at least not at our expense.

CloakNNNdagger likes this.
  13. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Luck was very impressive in his first outing, but let's see if he continues this. I think it's obvious he has talent, but when the real games start, does his O line hold up for him? I think it's to early to tell anything other than he's certainly got a good arm, and he's fairly accurate for a rookie.

And as Herv said, Luck will be going up against better Texan defenses than Manning used to do. We got them two out of our last three games, it should be interesting.

14. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I don't think I've ever seen a rookie QB that poised and that friggin' polished. I kept thinking how sacked David Carr would have been with that first pass and the pocket collapsing around Luck. Now I wish we went after Manning (ok, save your reprimands folks). Manning vs Luck in the AFC South would have dominated some of the networks storylines for years to come.

Hervoyel likes this.
  15. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Yep. I wasn't all that wowed after watching the game. Reviews > performance, imo. Rams looked awful on both sides. Janoris almost picked Luck. Colts go no-huddle midway through second quarter. Luck make some great looking passes further into the game, no doubt, but that O-line is a dangerous to his health.

16. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

He looks a lot like Carr right up until the part where they start playing football.

He looks like what Carr was supposed to be. Manning vs Luck was something that the Texans didn't have stones to take a shot at sadly. He's going to reel off about 4 really good years in Denver before shutting it down.

17. CloakNNNdagger

I remember when Leaf Ryan in his first preseason game in 1998 was drooled over when he showed the "Luck poise." He ended up with 144 yds passing, with a 14 of 19 completion rate, 2 TDs, and 0 INTs...........and a bust career. I'm not ready to call Luck the next Ryan Leaf any more that I am prepared to anoint him the next Peyton Manning.

18. pissknocker

pissknocker Veteran

Well hopefully makes it to December where we can put it on him twice before the new year!

19. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

Let's go ahead now and put him right into the HOF, waive the whole 5 year
    waiting period after leaving the league. He's that special, have I got that right ?

20. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

ok, I get it...if a guy looks good and he isn't a Texan we are crazy to be impressed with him. On the other hand, if we see a marginal PS talent on the Texans we should all have a big moon pie smile and rant and rave about him.

rmartin65 likes this.