Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Luck has two TDs in first nfl game

Not scared. Rams have a pretty bad defense.

We should know from first hand experience that even bad NFL defenses can make any QB look all-world.

Rams D looked REALLY horrible, but Luck sure looked like a gunslinger in there. Let's hope we can rattle him hard, and often.

Following Luck's last night's performance, the Colts may have quickly forgotten about Peyton. But they will not be so quick to forget Curtis Painter, who against the Falcons matched Luck's 3 TDs.:spin:

The Colts have got to be the luckiest franchise in NFL history when you think about it. What other franchise was able to end a reign of a decade with a HOF QB like Manning and then immediately end up with another guy that looks like the best QB out of the draft in the last 10 years? And why in the hell did it have to be a team in our division?

Luck will become a pain our asses in about two years.

The Colts have got to be the luckiest franchise in NFL history when you think about it. What other franchise was able to end a reign of a decade with a HOF QB like Manning and then immediately end up with another guy that looks like the best QB out of the draft in the last 10 years? And why in the hell did it have to be a team in our division?

If he doesn't get killed with that new O-line of his.

I watched the entire first half of the Colts game.

Rams or not, Luck was impressive, especially for a rookie in his first game. He was cool in the pocket, shuffled around to avoid any weakness in his blocking, and his passes were on target; some of them being pretty difficult throws. It's not saying much, but he looks like at least the 2nd best QB in the division right now. If Schaub had played that well last night we would all be ecstatic.

He threw the ball five yards and it turned into a touchdown. I think Brown should be getting all the hype.

I said a while ago that I don't think the Colts will suck like everyone is projecting....

I think they will be pretty good atually...

I said a while ago that I don't think the Colts will suck like everyone is projecting....

I think they will be pretty good atually...

Maybe so. I want to know what he looks like when Wade Phillips is bringing everything but the kitchen sink from who knows what direction and Watt/Reed/Barwin/Cushing/Mercilus are all foaming at the mouth.

Peyton was great but he had 9 years of fun playing against the worst defenses that the Texans brain trust could come up with. Luck won't get to enjoy that kind of stuff, at least not at our expense.

Luck was very impressive in his first outing, but let's see if he continues this. I think it's obvious he has talent, but when the real games start, does his O line hold up for him? I think it's to early to tell anything other than he's certainly got a good arm, and he's fairly accurate for a rookie.

And as Herv said, Luck will be going up against better Texan defenses than Manning used to do. We got them two out of our last three games, it should be interesting.

I don't think I've ever seen a rookie QB that poised and that friggin' polished. I kept thinking how sacked David Carr would have been with that first pass and the pocket collapsing around Luck. Now I wish we went after Manning (ok, save your reprimands folks). Manning vs Luck in the AFC South would have dominated some of the networks storylines for years to come.

He threw the ball five yards and it turned into a touchdown. I think Brown should be getting all the hype.
Yep. I wasn't all that wowed after watching the game. Reviews > performance, imo. Rams looked awful on both sides. Janoris almost picked Luck. Colts go no-huddle midway through second quarter. Luck make some great looking passes further into the game, no doubt, but that O-line is a dangerous to his health.

I don't think I've ever seen a rookie QB that poised and that friggin' polished. I kept thinking how sacked David Carr would have been with that first pass and the pocket collapsing around Luck. Now I wish we went after Manning (ok, save your reprimands folks). Manning vs Luck in the AFC South would have dominated some of the networks storylines for years to come.

He looks a lot like Carr right up until the part where they start playing football.

He looks like what Carr was supposed to be. Manning vs Luck was something that the Texans didn't have stones to take a shot at sadly. He's going to reel off about 4 really good years in Denver before shutting it down.

I remember when Leaf Ryan in his first preseason game in 1998 was drooled over when he showed the "Luck poise." He ended up with 144 yds passing, with a 14 of 19 completion rate, 2 TDs, and 0 INTs...........and a bust career. I'm not ready to call Luck the next Ryan Leaf any more that I am prepared to anoint him the next Peyton Manning.

Let's go ahead now and put him right into the HOF, waive the whole 5 year
waiting period after leaving the league. He's that special, have I got that right ?

Let's go ahead now and put him right into the HOF, waive the whole 5 year
waiting period after leaving the league. He's that special, have I got that right ?
ok, I get it...if a guy looks good and he isn't a Texan we are crazy to be impressed with him. On the other hand, if we see a marginal PS talent on the Texans we should all have a big moon pie smile and rant and rave about him.

Greenbay Packers?

Greenbay Packers?

Rodgers was there in GB for one or two years while Favre was still the guy.

And Rodgers was not touted, nor had the tangible assets in college, that Luck possessed coming right out of college.

If anything, Rodgers flew under the radar and slowly developed as Favre's star faded away. Luck was an immediate pickup right after the previous superstar QB departed. Not totally similar circumstances. IMO.

Rodgers was there in GB for one or two years while Favre was still the guy.

And Rodgers was not touted, nor had the tangible assets in college, that Luck possessed coming right out of college.

If anything, Rodgers flew under the radar and slowly developed as Favre's star faded away. Luck was an immediate pickup right after the previous superstar QB departed. Not totally similar circumstances. IMO.

Aaron Rodgers was in the talk as being a top pick but the 49'ers went with Alex Smith because they were run by a team of monkeys, and it's very very fair to say that he has been one of the best QB's to be drafted in the last 10 years.

Most people here see the situation as different because Indy is a division rival and the Pack is in the NFC but the two situations are quite similar. See also the Montana to Young transition for the previously said 49'ers.

Aaron Rodgers was in the talk as being a top pick but the 49'ers went with Alex Smith because they were run by a team of monkeys, and it's very very fair to say that he has been one of the best QB's to be drafted in the last 10 years.

Rodgers was weird all the way around. He was expected to be one of the top few picks hence his invitation to end up on camera for his long slow slide to Green Bay. Then he ends up sitting for three years not by design but because Favre was dancing. We could have had him but took world beater Travis Johnson.

ok, I get it...if a guy looks good and he isn't a Texan we are crazy to be impressed with him. On the other hand, if we see a marginal PS talent on the Texans we should all have a big moon pie smile and rant and rave about him.

LOL Lestar Jean anyone? MSR..

I thought he looked pretty good. Take away the 1st play and he still looked impressive, imo.

I get pissed just thinking about having that dude in our offense. Our O would be just plain sick

Luck looked good in a pre-season game. He certainly has the potential to fill those big shoes in Indy. I'm looking forward to seeing how he handles the pressure of regular season and trying to fulfill the high expectations of that fanbase, though. As we all know, injuries can instantly change the dynamics of teams, so it'll be interesting to see him develop and have to play our defense twice this season.

Most people here see the situation as different because Indy is a division rival and the Pack is in the NFC but the two situations are quite similar. See also the Montana to Young transition for the previously said 49'ers.

Look b0ng, you went for the kill and you failed. OK?

It is NOT factual to make a direct comparison between Manning-Luck and Favre-Rodgers.

1. Rodgers was nowhere near the college QB prospect that Luck was.

2. Rodgers was not drafted highly like Luck was. #24 overall vs. #1 overall.

3. Rodgers was drafted as a potential successor to Favre, and in contrast Luck was deemed THE successor as soon as Irsay cut Manning and was done with him. Immediacy, b0ng. Immediacy.

4. How many Packers fans bought into the idea that when Favre was let go that the precious Aaron Rodgers was going to be a suitable successor? The hopes for Rodgers had been set pretty low.

I cannot in any way see how the Packers and the Colts are on equal footing here. What Irsay did should be investigated by the league, but it won't. Andrew Luck is perhaps the next biggest boon to the NFL and Goodell won't dare allow anything to sour that. Business wins out at the end of the day, which is how Luck got to the Colts in the first place. Anybody thinking Irsay left this to chance is lacking in proper objective criticism skills. It's. Big. Business. And you don't leave those things to chance, folks.

It is NOT factual to make a direct comparison between Manning-Luck and Favre-Rodgers.

1. Rodgers was nowhere near the college QB prospect that Luck was.

2. Rodgers was not drafted highly like Luck was. #24 overall vs. #1 overall.

3. Rodgers was drafted as a potential successor to Favre, and in contrast Luck was deemed THE successor as soon as Irsay cut Manning and was done with him. Immediacy, b0ng. Immediacy.

4. How many Packers fans bought into the idea that when Favre was let go that the precious Aaron Rodgers was going to be a suitable successor? The hopes for Rodgers had been set pretty low.

I cannot in any way see how the Packers and the Colts are on equal footing here. What Irsay did should be investigated by the league, but it won't. Andrew Luck is perhaps the next biggest boon to the NFL and Goodell won't dare allow anything to sour that. Business wins out at the end of the day, which is how Luck got to the Colts in the first place. Anybody thinking Irsay left this to chance is lacking in proper objective criticism skills. It's. Big. Business. And you don't leave those things to chance, folks.

What is it that you think should be investigated by the league?

I thought he looked pretty good. Take away the 1st play and he still looked impressive, imo.

I get pissed just thinking about having that dude in our offense. Our O would be just plain sick

Well, that's our fault for building a team the legitimate way...rather than doing whatever we needed to do--for an entire season, not just the last game of the season--in order to get Andrew Luck.

Colts fans and their team and their owner skyrocketed to the top of the Bad Apple chart for me. Bud held that spot for a long time, but since he's senile and couldn't manage a franchise properly even if he wanted to, Irsay has surpassed him as being the biggest con man in the AFC South.

I know that it's 99.999% true that Kris Brown shanked a kick vs. the 49ers in the final game of the reg season in order to have us lose...so that we would get the #1 pick (Mario Williams). But it's different at the last game, compared to the methodical approach the Colts took to do a tank job for the entire season except a couple of games for posterity's sake.

All of this has made me seething angry, as I am sure I've made myself clear the past few days here, and I hope the Colts suffer for it. To game the system the way they did, to get Andrew Luck, is despicable. And it warrants an investigation (but none is forthcoming because Luck is GOOD for the NFL). This, too, plays to the hand of Irsay. As usual.

That's OK, **** has a way of coming around. Guys like Irsay lay their plans and hatch their eggs...but that doesn't always mean that it becomes a Golden Goose all of the time. Here's to hoping the Texans get enough film on him in order to make so many matchup problems for Luck that he ends up having the worst day of his NFL career when we meet him in the reg season.

I am not scared of their run game. Shut down the pass, get hits on him, rinse and repeat.

"Andrew Luck is Peyton Manning reincarnated. The fact that he hasn't done any commercials, yet, shows it."

"Oliver Luck is Archie Manning's twin brother."

--Mike&MikeInTheMorning

:smiliepalm:

Well, that's our fault for building a team the legitimate way...rather than doing whatever we needed to do--for an entire season, not just the last game of the season--in order to get Andrew Luck.

Colts fans and their team and their owner skyrocketed to the top of the Bad Apple chart for me. Bud held that spot for a long time, but since he's senile and couldn't manage a franchise properly even if he wanted to, Irsay has surpassed him as being the biggest con man in the AFC South.

I know that it's 99.999% true that Kris Brown shanked a kick vs. the 49ers in the final game of the reg season in order to have us lose...so that we would get the #1 pick (Mario Williams). But it's different at the last game, compared to the methodical approach the Colts took to do a tank job for the entire season except a couple of games for posterity's sake.

All of this has made me seething angry, as I am sure I've made myself clear the past few days here, and I hope the Colts suffer for it. To game the system the way they did, to get Andrew Luck, is despicable. And it warrants an investigation (but none is forthcoming because Luck is GOOD for the NFL). This, too, plays to the hand of Irsay. As usual.

That's OK, **** has a way of coming around. Guys like Irsay lay their plans and hatch their eggs...but that doesn't always mean that it becomes a Golden Goose all of the time. Here's to hoping the Texans get enough film on him in order to make so many matchup problems for Luck that he ends up having the worst day of his NFL career when we meet him in the reg season.

I am not scared of their run game. Shut down the pass, get hits on him, rinse and repeat.

You think Irsay put together a plan to go out and only win 2 games last season? Seem a little out there. Put the tin foil away and let our guys do what they do best

What is it that you think should be investigated by the league?

1. The handling of Peyton Manning, primarily.

2. Any internal communications between Irsay and other Colts' personnel (scouts, advisors, etc.).

3. If there were any Colts coaches or players who would come forward to testify that they (the coaches and/or players) were aware of certain practices that were intended to make it a disadvantage for the Colts every Sunday.

Look, this is BAD for the NFL. It's bad because fans and viewers are purchasing tickets based on an idea that the product they see on the field is the best product they can be provided week in and week out.

How would you like it if Coca-Cola was secretly cutting corners and putting some really, REALLY bad stuff in their soft drinks...to gain an edge on profit at YOUR expense? You're buying a product and placing faith that the money you spend is being spent on a product that has been assembled to the utter limits of quality control...but then you find out that you've buying far worse than what you believed you were buying.

Same with NFL or NBA or NHL or any other sports league tickets. If the fan is being duped, if he's being conned, even if the goal was to ensure a brighter future for that team's fans...it's illegitimate and it should be investigated and punished. It's not "just entertainment," it's dollars that might have been withheld and spent elsewhere by the fans if they know their precious team is ran by a filthy man who doesn't operate ethically and thinks the ends justify the means.

This doesn't bother many people, though, since our culture has easily become a culture of "The ends justify the means." As long as we get what we want, so be it. Screw ethics.

Colts fans, sleep as comfortably as you can...knowing that your team is filthy.

1. The handling of Peyton Manning, primarily.

2. Any internal communications between Irsay and other Colts' personnel (scouts, advisors, etc.).

3. If there were any Colts coaches or players who would come forward to testify that they (the coaches and/or players) were aware of certain practices that were intended to make it a disadvantage for the Colts every Sunday..

You want them to investigate your tin foil theory?

1. What would they investigate in the handling of Manning, whats your theory on what was against the rules that was done there?

2. What reason would the NFL would use to collect all the internal communication on the colts?

3. What proof do you have the games were thrown?

Look, this is BAD for the NFL. It's bad because fans and viewers are purchasing tickets based on an idea that the product they see on the field is the best product they can be provided week in and week out.

Im sure the colt's fans thought their season would be great without Manning

How would you like it if Coca-Cola was secretly cutting corners and putting some really, REALLY bad stuff in their soft drinks...to gain an edge on profit at YOUR expense? You're buying a product and placing faith that the money you spend is being spent on a product that has been assembled to the utter limits of quality control...but then you find out that you've buying far worse than what you believed you were buying..

Your coke example is pretty poor considering you are talking about health concerns.

Same with NFL or NBA or NHL or any other sports league tickets. If the fan is being duped, if he's being conned, even if the goal was to ensure a brighter future for that team's fans...it's illegitimate and it should be investigated and punished. It's not "just entertainment," it's dollars that might have been withheld and spent elsewhere by the fans if they know their precious team is ran by a filthy man who doesn't operate ethically and thinks the ends justify the means.

This doesn't bother many people, though, since our culture has easily become a culture of "The ends justify the means." As long as we get what we want, so be it. Screw ethics.

Colts fans, sleep as comfortably as you can...knowing that your team is filthy.

Id like to see more that supports your theory other than taking a tin foil approach and starting an investigation based on that

I think a lot of us believed that Indy would be a pushover this year, and maybe now they won't. Before we play these guys we have three more pre-season games and thirteen regular season games to massage our opinions. LOL

The pass into the EZ was impressive, but that little flip right over the los that the back took for about 60 or 70 yards and for a TD was just that, a little 5 or 7 yard flip even though it's a very long TD pass in the books.
You're one of those guys who still gets into a lather hating on David Carr even to this day, right ? Tell you what, if Luck's first regular season game is as solid as Carr's was, then I'll really be impressed. 'Till then it's just the first PS game of the year.

1. Rodgers was nowhere near the college QB prospect that Luck was. True, but once in a generation QB's usually only come once in a generation. Comparisons can be made since they were both talked about as top picks

2. Rodgers was not drafted highly like Luck was. #24 overall vs. #1 overall. What does that have to do with the transition from one great QB to the next? It's still a transition from one greatest to the next

3. Rodgers was drafted as a potential successor to Favre, and in contrast Luck was deemed THE successor as soon as Irsay cut Manning and was done with him. Immediacy, b0ng. Immediacy. Rodgers was drafted to specifically take over the QB position after Favre. Much like Luck was for Manning. It's still one QB to the next and both being great.

4. How many Packers fans bought into the idea that when Favre was let go that the precious Aaron Rodgers was going to be a suitable successor? The hopes for Rodgers had been set pretty low. Uh, maybe you should go by some Packers forums and read up around 2008. They were pretty adamant that if Rodgers wasn't great as a starter they wanted Thompson gone

Jim Irsay let Bill Polian draft garbage every year after they drafted Wayne. Bill Polian being the architect of those teams that were basically all Manning, he got fired as well as his puppet Caldwell. If Peyton Manning's neck was not injured do you think Irsay would've still ****canned an entire season just to draft Luck? Do you remember when Carolina was oh oh oh so bad in 2010 and people were thinking Luck was going to go there but they ended up with Newton instead? Were they tanking too or were they just a bad team?

I can understand if you were to say that once the Colts had lost 12 games they said "screw it" and tried to lose games, but if you remember they had already lost 12 games by the time they got the Titans win, and then the Texans win. So now I am just left wondering if you are legit crazy or if you're having a senior moment and are misremembering everything that happened before Luck played yesterday.

EDIT: Guess who's statline this was for his first preseason game at QB:

14 of 19, 143 yards and 2 TDs, 0 INT

The pass into the EZ was impressive, but that little flip right over the los that the back took for about 60 or 70 yards and for a TD was just that, a little 5 or 7 yard flip even though it's a very long TD pass in the books.
You're one of those guys who still gets into a lather hating on David Carr even to this day, right ? Tell you what, if Luck's first regular season game is as solid as Carr's was, then I'll really be impressed. 'Till then it's just the first PS game of the year.

I just watched that this morning. It was a 2 yard flip that went 90 yards--and, yes, the D looked ridiculously bad. If you take that away, Luck would have still had a good day, but his yards would have been cut nearly in half and he'd have 1 TD. I hear he also threw what should have been a pick, but I didn't see it.

I don't know. He might be good, but I've got a feeling our D is going to be we-don't-need-an-offense good--like Bucs or even Ravens in the Superbowl good. If KJ can avoid being the weak link, we might not have one...

Tannehill looked good running "Packers" style offense.

RGIII looked pretty good, as well.

Nick Foles looked good.

We could be looking at a memorable QB draft class.

Jim Irsay let Bill Polian draft garbage every year after they drafted Wayne. Bill Polian being the architect of those teams that were basically all Manning, he got fired as well as his puppet Caldwell. If Peyton Manning's neck was not injured do you think Irsay would've still ****canned an entire season just to draft Luck? Do you remember when Carolina was oh oh oh so bad in 2010 and people were thinking Luck was going to go there but they ended up with Newton instead? Were they tanking too or were they just a bad team?

I can understand if you were to say that once the Colts had lost 12 games they said "screw it" and tried to lose games, but if you remember they had already lost 12 games by the time they got the Titans win, and then the Texans win. So now I am just left wondering if you are legit crazy or if you're having a senior moment and are misremembering everything that happened before Luck played yesterday.

EDIT: Guess who's statline this was for his first preseason game at QB:

14 of 19, 143 yards and 2 TDs, 0 INT

You know, you're right, I mean Peyton Manning only had 6 years into his career when all this crap went down. Oh wait, he didn't. My bad. Instead, he's at the end of his career and it was time for Irsay to pull the life support and move on. So he did.

Polian and Manning were tied together, pal. Period. In order to properly move on from Manning, he had to move from Polian. Manning watched all the old gang get hosed out of the facility...and yet through blind loyalty and a bit of sentimentalism Manning still tried to hold out hope that there was going to be chance he could prove to Irsay that he'd recover and be the starting QB. And Irsay, frankly, allowed Manning to think that and never once really told Manning that it was the end of the line. We talk about Manning being a great football mind...he really fuqq'd up big time by thinking Irsay gave a **** about him. Whoops.

Answer me this: Do you think Irsay WANTED Manning back for 2012, or do you think very early on (during the lockout, through the shortened camp) that Irsay had made his mind up and was planning the post-Manning era?

Because the only person who might be having a senior moment here would be the person who thinks Irsay legitimately held out genuine hope for Manning's return to the field as the Colts QB in 2012.

It takes far more faith to believe Irsay didn't orchestrate subtle "fixes" in order to help him land the #1 overall pick; to get Andrew Luck when Andrew Luck was the prize of all prizes*

*according to those who cream themselves every time Andrew Luck licks his fingers before a snap of the football.

Luck is going to be great. I would not be surprised if we split with them this year.

Considering we split with them last year when they were a one win team otherwise means I wouldn't be surprised if we went 0-2 against them this year

Considering we split with them last year when they were a one win team otherwise means I wouldn't be surprised if we went 0-2 against them this year

I think we'll split but not because they are that good. We have them week 17 @ Indy when we SHOULD have the division wrapped up by then.

Blah blah blah blah

You asked a question, I provided an answer.

What the hell, man...am I supposed to be a lead investigator and do this myself? I'm not in that position.

I was just saying that IF the league is concerned about the suspicious activities of teams--such as Bounty Gate with the Saints--then they should look into the Colts' actions in 2011, as well. Each of those instances is a threat to the integrity of the game.

Don't patronize me with sophomoric questions and accusations, either. I'm not so dense as to not know that you were merely leading me into some sort of a trap with what you tried to pass off as a sincere question. That's why I kept my answer short and sweet, I knew you were baiting me...and nothing I could have replied with was going to sway you--You had your sights set on picking me apart no matter what I said.

Get up a few minutes earlier in the day to catch the worm.

Wow. Look at all the utter defeatism being posted.

LOL.

We're already 0-2 and the season hasn't started yet. :kitten:

Tell Andrew Luck he and his team can stay home, and we won't bother making the trip to their house either. Let's just lay down and worship Andrew Luck and crown his ass right now. :butterfly:

And if anybody quotes me, make sure you don't parse my comments. Include THESE comments too, if you want to be fair and honest about it:

Andrew Luck is a good QB, no doubt about it, but he still has to face 11 men who are actively seeking to sack him or intercept his passes, and therefore he's not going to be "given" one inch of ground. If he earns it, fine. But he will have to earn it. It will not be given to him. This AFC South is just a bit different than it was when Manning ruled the roost for a decade. The Texans are not the defense the Colts and Titans and Jaguars remember. Even doofus writers like Kuharsky still ignore it and poo-poo the improvement we've made.

Oh well, makes no difference. Son of Bum and his guys will not be afraid of Andrew Luck, and for every time Andrew Luck completes a pass...he's going to end up running for his life and even getting the piss knocked out of him several times too. The difference between our defense and Andrew Luck is that one has been successful in the NFL for an entire full season of 16 games and one has had a good preseason game against a terrible Rams defense. Sort of hard to really figure out just how dominating this guy will be when he squares off against us this year, right? I think so, at least. Carry on...

You asked a question, I provided an answer.

What the hell, man...am I supposed to be a lead investigator and do this myself? I'm not in that position.

I was just saying that IF the league is concerned about the suspicious activities of teams--such as Bounty Gate with the Saints--then they should look into the Colts' actions in 2011, as well. Each of those instances is a threat to the integrity of the game.

Don't patronize me with sophomoric questions and accusations, either. I'm not so dense as to not know that you were merely leading me into some sort of a trap with what you tried to pass off as a sincere question. That's why I kept my answer short and sweet, I knew you were baiting me...and nothing I could have replied with was going to sway you--You had your sights set on picking me apart no matter what I said.

Get up a few minutes earlier in the day to catch the worm.

Its just curious that you call for an investigation with no real basis. On a side note maybe you should try to use less fancy words in your post so that you avoid the double negatives. Trying to look smart isnt looking so good

Its just curious that you call for an investigation with no real basis. On a side note maybe you should try to use less fancy words in your post so that you avoid the double negatives. Trying to look smart isnt looking so good

Show me your basis that he did NOT engage in questionable tactics. This works both ways, no?

Why do I have to spin my wheels, why don't YOU tell me how it is that an owner (Irsay) strings along his franchise QB all off-season, camp, preseason, and well into the reg season...then WHAMMO! fires everyone associated with the franchise QB and then waits until a few days before the official deadline to announce that--shocker!--he's going with Andrew Luck.

I want you to also tell me how starting Curtis Painter, who was miles worse than even Orlovsky was, and retaining Caldwell as HC was Irsay's way of helping his team win lots of games in 2011. Well, what a freaking coincidence...Caldwell is gone and Painter is gone too. Such a coincidence. Irsay is operating on Bill Clinton levels here. LOL.

If you see smoke, isn't it reasonable to assume there is a fire or something happening that is producing the smoke? Or is it just an illusion? Of course you're going to come up with a way how it is just an illusion, I'm sure of it.

I use fancy words because it's fun. Plus, you want me to be a legal expert and to single-handedly bring the Colts down IF they are as guilty as I think they are...so I have to use big words, right? ;)

Dude, we're on the freaking INTERNET chatting on a message board. Do you GET that? Then again, based on your interaction in the HOA thread...it seems all you do is attack people for the fun of it.

I need to see your full proof that Irsay didn't orchestrate a subtle tank job, please. I'll show you my proof when you show me yours. Otherwise, skip the horse**** tactics and just debate the topic rather than making this a hit piece on me. It's wasting my time just trying to respond to you.

Show me your basis that he did NOT engage in questionable tactics. This works both ways, no?

No it doesnt work both ways. You make the accusation and then you have to back it up. You dont get to make the accusation and then make others prove it wrong

Why do I have to spin my wheels, why don't YOU tell me how it is that an owner (Irsay) strings along his franchise QB all off-season, camp, preseason, and well into the reg season...then WHAMMO! fires everyone associated with the franchise QB and then waits until a few days before the official deadline to announce that--shocker!--he's going with Andrew Luck.

He is running his business as he sees fit. Im not sure what you are getting at in terms of what the NFL should look at or why other than the fact that you dont like what went on

I want you to also tell me how starting Curtis Painter, who was miles worse than even Orlovsky was, and retaining Caldwell as HC was Irsay's way of helping his team win lots of games in 2011. Well, what a freaking coincidence...Caldwell is gone and Painter is gone too. Such a coincidence. Irsay is operating on Bill Clinton levels here. LOL..

Again you dont like how something is run so that is the reason the NFL needs to look into it, well its not going to happen. Not for the tin foil reason you think but rather you have nothing to go on other than you dont like the situation

If you see smoke, isn't it reasonable to assume there is a fire or something happening that is producing the smoke? Or is it just an illusion? Of course you're going to come up with a way how it is just an illusion, I'm sure of it. LOL.

I use fancy words because it's fun. Plus, you want me to be a legal expert and to single-handedly bring the Colts down IF they are as guilty as I think they are...so I have to use big words, right? ;)

Dude, we're on the freaking INTERNET chatting on a message board. Do you GET that? Then again, based on your interaction in the HOA thread...it seems all you do is attack people for the fun of it.

I need to see your full proof that Irsay didn't orchestrate a subtle tank job, please. I'll show you my proof when you show me yours. Otherwise, skip the horse**** tactics and just debate the topic rather than making this a hit piece on me.

My opening response in the HOA thread was in general about people who ***** about HOAs without taking the time to read up on it before agreeing to live within one. Again you dont get to make accusations and then wait for others to disprove them. "Did you finally stop beating your wife?" see how that isnt a fair question?

By the way, it's fairly common language to say "patronize" when a person is heaping on fake conversation for the sake of trying to put one over on the other person. That's not a big word, or at least I would hope it isn't.

And sophomoric is the word used for trying to use foolish things as a way to sound smart. You trying to bait me into a useless series of back-and-forth "debate" via your questions about me needing to find "proof" is sophomoric because it is useless to try and answer you.

If you want to be genuine, go ahead. But understand I know your angle is 100% nothing but to try and bag on me. You have no real desire to debate or discuss, your sole purpose is to harass and troll.

Now, I have stated that it looks very suspicious that Irsay did a number of things that weakened his team rather than help it in 2011. I have also said that the timing of things also looks very bad, too. IF the league is concerned about the integrity of the game, as Goodell states when he punished the Saints for placing bounties on other QBs, then he should investigate the Colts' to the fullest extent he can. Otherwise, it just looks like Goodell picks the fights that he wants to win for the benefit of the NFL's league office ("We're cracking down on violent things like bounties!") when there's other stinky garbage in the league office that needs to be looked into, as well.

Bounties hurt the image of the NFL, but Andrew Luck...well, he HELPS the image of the NFL. So why would they even care to open that can of worms in the first place?

Real world business, such as NFL franchises, such as the Colts, have to do what they have to do in order to survive and thrive. Irsay did what he could in order to provide enough cover for his Suck For Luck campaign,m but he damn sure didn't do enough to prove he was genuinely trying to win every game in 2011. And for that, they need to be looked at with pretty strong cynicism. Right?

Wow. Look at all the utter defeatism being posted.

LOL.

We're already 0-2 and the season hasn't started yet. :kitten:

The defeatism has zero to do with Andrew Luck. If there was a monkey behind center, theres a good chance we'd split with Indy. Have you noticed our lifetime record at Indy? Heres a hint: Its not good.

We lost in Indy to an Indy team that was 1-13. One and thirteen.

You know who the QB was? Dan Orlovsky.

If I told you that: we would play an Indy team that had won 1 of its first 14 games. That Arian Foster would have 160 yards on nearly 7 yards per carry average. That our QB would have a rating of 101 with zero INTs. Would you believe we could lose?

It doesnt take much improvement for me to say theres a good chance we go 0-2. Indy has the mojo on us. Always has

Back