Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Just one team with a winning record left.

exactly, I think with older veteran teams or at least when you have a QB like Rodgers you can get away with it. But when you are a young team, with a lot of new parts at key positions like we were, and have a very young QB you have to adjust accordingly. Hell BB had Brady playing in the 3 quarter of preseason game 2. It's not just a BoB issue, but a league wide issue still doesn't take blame away from BoB for following the trend

Ehh, I don’t know if u can necessarily blame him for holding his main guys out in the preseason. The injury bug pretty much killed 2017 for us and when u have something like that happen, you’re just trying to get to the season opener healthy.

Ehh, I don’t know if u can necessarily blame him for holding his main guys out in the preseason. The injury bug pretty much killed 2017 for us and when u have something like that happen, you’re just trying to get to the season opener healthy.

Hey I get it, but that's the job knowing how to properly get your players ready for week 1. Injuries sucks, but you can't play/coach scared of them they are apart of football. Also 2 areas that needed the most works, A. because communication for them is huge, B. because there are a lot of new faces or faces in different places, were both healthy yet he still rarely played them(OL, and secondary)

The more I read, the drumker I get

There's nothing wrong with anesthesia under proper medical conditions. Do not lap up the anesthesia you spill on the floor and you should be fine. That's what dogs are for anyway.

I once had a cat that would drink beer. This cat also ate pizza toppings would lick BBQ sauce off anything I left out. It's early demise with stomach cancer was unsurprising.

The moral of the story? Always take your anesthesia from properly stored containers and approved vaporizers.

The Texans are piling up ugly wins against even uglier opponents and Denver may not be a good measurement after all. The good thing, the Texans are beating the teams they should beat but we'll have to wait until they face a true playoff team to determine if they're more like Cooney than we'd like to admit.

This is where then "don't accept in victory what you wouldn't accept in defeat" thing comes in.

Our coaches need to keep or guys grounded in reality. They're going against tomato cans, but there's still a lot to be learned that can apply to true heavyweights.

It's like sparring. The guy you're sparring doesn't have a belt. But if you do it right, he can help you get one.

The only thing that makes me pause here with this take is. The Patriots start off slower because they are playing a lot of younger players early, trying new and different things so they know what will work/won't work down the stretch. Our early season woes just seems like it's because our team is coming out flat, and sloppy

Half the time BO'b doesn't even know who his QB is going to be week 1 hopefully next season he won't have that problem.

4 new OLmen every year doesn't help either.

What were your expectations of this yrs draft?[/QUOTE]

I guess he didn't care to elaborate.

9 wins. That's what it will take for the Texans to win the AFC South. The Titans, Jags, and Colts are sitting on 3 wins each. Does anyone expect any of them to win 6 more games? The Texans can play .500 the rest of the way and get to 9-7. That's all it will take, me thinks.

Why so negative, dude? All of those teams have flaws, as well. And no freaking way do the Texans lose to the Bengals in the playoffs. Everyone in Cincy knows that.
I'll give you the Bengals, they are the Texans b****! And I'm trying something different this year. Negative Nancy, that way when the Texans do win a couple of playoff games I'll be fired up. In the past I'm a huge homer. But all I ever got form that was huge letdowns.

Negative Nancy, that way when the Texans do win a couple of playoff games I'll be fired up.
You do you. Just remember.

1*HKuEBSHQBRCTCfhmTrpsNg.jpeg

And an early exit in the WC round at the hands of the Chargers, Ravens, Steelers, and/or the Bengals.

Yep, but next offseason if Gaine fixes the OL having Watson well protected and Hopkins/DT/Fuller/Coutee and a more experienced TE group means the offense could be as good as anybody's in the AFC, including the Pats/Steelers and almost as good as the Chiefs.

Yep, but next offseason if Gaine fixes the OL having Watson well protected and Hopkins/DT/Fuller/Coutee and a more experienced TE group means the offense could be as good as anybody's in the AFC, including the Pats/Steelers and almost as good as the Chiefs.

I have to say I like what Gaine has been doing as opposed to our last GM. I'm really anxious to see what happens in his first draft.

You expecting another Jj Watt injury?
JJ will single handedly beat the Bengals.

The O-line HAS to get better. I'm loving what this WR group may look like next year, IF Fuller is healthy. Things are looking up for the Texans. (fingers crossed)

I have to say I like what Gaine has been doing as opposed to our last GM. I'm really anxious to see what happens in his first draft.

This is what a talent evaluatior looks like at GM rather than a politician.

About time. #2010

This April was Gaine's first draft as GM. Do you mean his first draft class?

The only team the Texans should be shook of is NE b/c of Belichick/TB12.

KC is a juggernaut on offense, but their defense can definitely be had....Same for Pitt

Baltimore offensively isn't special at all & as long as we can keep Suggs and co. in reasonable check, they can be had to.

The way our team is built, we are set up to be able to compete. Defense travels and as long as we can remain viable on that side of the ball & we keep Watson & Nuk healthy on offense, we have a chance against any of the other 3-4 teams in the AFC.

ya I think Texans is a AFC player with Watson healthy.

There's nothing wrong with anesthesia under proper medical conditions. Do not lap up the anesthesia you spill on the floor and you should be fine. That's what dogs are for anyway.

I once had a cat that would drink beer. This cat also ate pizza toppings would lick BBQ sauce off anything I left out. It's early demise with stomach cancer was unsurprising.

The moral of the story? Always take your anesthesia from properly stored containers and approved vaporizers.

Wait, let me stand up...........That post was over my head.

Like in the movie "Dirty Harry", the punk says, "OK, I gots to know". == I did not follow the team in the off season or preseason. Was Shane Lechler cut or retired and when did Rick Smith get canned, I just heard that he was gone. Story of my life, last to know. :d:

Last edited:

TGso-FDNtBlPlUEfkwwLKXdsHp8_UaU6dJ6l6lPq9xV-wM6HIre9lWr5JtAYah-MduS-8FXQD0BiTOad__g-lxeWaReiKvEGGWsyoTrm71Gs=s0-d-e1-ft

9 wins. That's what it will take for the Texans to win the AFC South.
It's not official, but I think the Texans won the AFC South title today. 9 wins was going to do it. 3 game lead (plus the tiebreakers) with 4 to go.

Of course, the Texans still have fish to fry. A bye would be nice. #1 seed even nicer. But the 3rd AFC South title in 4 years is not too shabby.

Back