Just one team with a winning record left.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by 76Texan, Oct 25, 2018.

1. 76Texan

76Texan Hall of Fame

And that's the Redskins.
    How crazy is that?

2. Scooter

Scooter Funky

Truth, how did we end up with what may be the easiest schedule of all time? Gabbert, Eli, Luck (post injury), Prescott, Allan/Peterman, Bortles (benched) and now Osweiler. That is the who's who of crap, with injuries and just being bad around them ... and the schedule gets easier!

EVOLVIST, OptimisticTexan and JB like this.
  3. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Well, there goes our top ten pick. :lol:

disaacks3, Chance_C, santo and 3 others like this.
  4. nut

nut Hall of Fame

We have had trouble with bums all year and barely beat the last 3 before today. Heck, today we beat Brock Osweiler & we know BO stinks. His associates were playing pretty well though. Hopefully we can can whip this weak division and learn enough along the way to make some noise in the playoffs. Deshaun is starting to round into form, running game is better, wr's are playing great and the defense is beginning to kick butt. The o-line needs to pull their head out of their butt and so does the coaching. Go Texans.

5. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

There goes a top 10 pick and any shot at OB being canned.

They'll win another division title in the NFL's worst division …. then get b!tchslapped by a quality opponent in the playoffs.

Then OB's back again next year and we get the same result …. mediocrity.

Thorn, Seegara, ATXtexanfan and 4 others like this.
  6. LikeMike

LikeMike Hall of Fame

You know what? Even if we lose in the playoffs, I still want to see Deshaun in the postseason. And I want him to get that experience. I don‘t want to lose just to get a chance to get rid of O`Brien. I want this team to improve. I still believe with Watson, anything is possible.

7. TxnsJuggernaut

TxnsJuggernaut Hall of Fame

Our O-line has played better in the last few weeks. They started a little slow the last two weeks but not for too long and both the Jags and Dolphins pass rushes became more or less null and void and the running lanes were there for Miller and Blue. Once it seemed the O-line was blocking well the coaching came around. The coaching staff showed signs of coming around against the Jags. I am no big fan of how BOb has called our offense for the most part but he did have an explosive offense with DW4 last season before DW4 got injured. Last night was a return to what we saw last season so it may be that BOb and our offense have flipped the script and are back to that type of offensive production. Of coarse now BOb and our offense has to do so without Will FullerV and that sucks. Hopefully KeKe Coutee can make up for the loss to some degree. We won't be as explosive as far as the deep ball goes but Coutee seems to be a good route runner and I have no doubt he can help offset the loss of Fuller to some degree. No matter who we have faced at Qb during our five game win streak it feels real good to win five straight games and we have put the rest of the NFL on notice.

8. TxnsJuggernaut

TxnsJuggernaut Hall of Fame

We did not have a franchise Qb when we won those division titles and we did not have the weapons we have now.

One a side note we don't have Fuller but when Fuller has been injured we did not have anybody to take up any of the slack but we do have a solid replacement in Keke Coutee now. I have every reason to believe that with momentum and a better Qb as well as more weapons to throw to we can win at least one playoff game against quality competition. I am confident that we have turned a corner and will be a top tier team going forward.

417Texans and OptimisticTexan like this.
  9. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

Watch the injuries. Last night Fuller was lost for year. JJo out with an ankle not sure prognosis .. Cunningham out with a knee. JDC left game holding his elbow.

If we can get by without more key guys being lost for extended time it's 11-5.

10. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

I get the sentiment and can't argue with it overall based on past performance.
    But if #4 is behind center in a playoff game, I wouldn't bet a single nickel against him.
    O'Brien, just get this kid on the big stage, and he's going to give you better than a puncher's chance.

11. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

After a couple of more drafts like the one Gaine had this last offseason and I will agree with you.

TxnsJuggernaut likes this.
  12. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Except Gaine's now acquiring the talent.

After last offseason I truly think good times are ahead IF Watson stays healthy.

TxnsJuggernaut likes this.
  13. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

BOB showed he knew where the skeleton's were buried in Os closet.

Great job BOB/RAC.

Insideop and DocBar like this.
  14. ShinobiMusashi

ShinobiMusashi Rookie

This. And I'm looking at potential wild card opponents and I'm not scared, we will win the division and play either San Diego or Pit or Baltimore at home most likely, we can beat those teams, Jacksonville proved last year once you get into that second round anything can happen, teams coming off of that week off can be caught cold with their pants down. We've seen plenty of crazy **** happen in the playoffs, I don't think there is a team in the AFC we CAN'T beat. To actively root against your team making it because you fear us getting blown out is such a cuckold thing. A lot of cucks on this board for sure.

15. Mr teX

Mr teX Hall of Fame

The only team the Texans should be shook of is NE b/c of Belichick/TB12.

KC is a juggernaut on offense, but their defense can definitely be had....Same for Pitt

Baltimore offensively isn't special at all & as long as we can keep Suggs and co. in reasonable check, they can be had to.

The way our team is built, we are set up to be able to compete. Defense travels and as long as we can remain viable on that side of the ball & we keep Watson & Nuk healthy on offense, we have a chance against any of the other 3-4 teams in the AFC.

16. Rich Schmidt

Rich Schmidt Myopicone

Yep, Driving home from the game they interviewed our rookie Justin Reid (3rd rd freaking steal). He said more than he should have. He said they had a whole tape on him, his tendencies, audibles, even shared one of his tells. I suspect BOB will tell him too much info shared rookie. But yeah, we used a lot of our intel on Os

steelbtexan likes this.
  17. gafftop

gafftop Hall of Fame

I agree and said on another thread. With DW even with BOB we have a chance. Who has been our best QB to date? Picksix1.0???

18. Texanmike02

Texanmike02 Site Contributor

Get the letterman jackets out!

19. NitroGSXR

NitroGSXR Super Sic #58

Lol. Kool aid time, eh?

Truth - Almost every team can have a winning record by the time we play them. Just because they have a losing record NOW means nothing.

Dishman, Insideop, JB and 2 others like this.
  20. TexansBull

TexansBull Hall of Fame

What’s OBs record against winning teams outside the AFC South? Isn’t it abysmal?