Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Jerome Solomon reporting Demeco and Jacoby are supposedly being cut tomorrow

Is it time yet?

ncf390.gif

I wouldnt mind cutting Demco we got some good depth behind him and maybe the team see that u see the team sees stuff during the week we dont see so maybe they feel the depth behind demco can get the job done

Paging Op, you said 11AM right? I hope you can handle the terrible damaging effect of my negative rep if this doesn't come true, I know its terrifying.

I think I'll survive. Jerpome Solomon is a d*ck. Thanks Jerome for making me look cool :) that's sarcasm. And for the record I haven't negative repped anyone besides bckey on this board and that was a few months ago.

I wouldnt mind cutting Demco we got some good depth behind him and maybe the team see that u see the team sees stuff during the week we dont see so maybe they feel the depth behind demco can get the job done

All we have is Sharpton who is coming off a major injury. Dobbins I believe is a FA and who the hell knows if Mr. Mister Alexander is either

All we have is Sharpton who is coming off a major injury. Dobbins I believe is a FA and who the hell knows if Mr. Mister Alexander is either

yeah maybe the had a check up with Sharpton and hes doing better then expected .. How is he doing in anywayz prob good if they are thinking about cutting demco

I think I'll survive. Jerpome Solomon is a d*ck. Thanks Jerome for making me look cool :) that's sarcasm. And for the record I haven't negative repped anyone besides bckey on this board and that was a few months ago.

Well not many others make a thread claiming something like this that doesn't end up happening. That being said, I'm not going to neg you for this, I'm not too bent about it.

Alexander won't be a FA until 2014, so he's got two seasons left on his contract. Dobbins is an UFA as you thought.

If Winston had to go, Demeco does as well.

It's gonna kill the locker room, though.

Doubtful. I'm pretty sure Winston talked his way out. Look at the rest of the line. I don't believe any of them talk with the media or make no attempt to be accessible. Also, was Winston involved in player repping? I don't see why any active player would want that gig. Mgmt is like fock you, we got elephant memories.

Demeco can't be a leader if he can't make plays. I thank him for his service. Like the other guy wrote, dude should never have to work another day in his life, unless he's a dumbass. In which case, I wouldn't feel sorry for him.

Flava Flav is coming out with a remake of his classic PI song. It's called JJ12 is a Joke.

Can players still be cut, to help with cap savings? If so, nobody is safe just yet.

Soloman is a d*ck! However he had nothing to do with you posting this-

Originally Posted by NastyNate
As per Jerome Solomon, he's supposedly been texting several Texans players who are "pissed". The Texans will reportedly cut DeMeco Ryans and Jacoby Jones tomorrow.

I'm trying to find it. My buddy who is always about a day ahead of me with Texans news just texted me. He's never given me bad info.

I think you got some bad info from your buddy and got over zealous and didn't check it out first. :rake:

Didn't post it... It's my sig :ant:

Your sig doesnt fit within the rules for a sig .... you should be banned for that being your sig.

1. EXACTLY 400 pixels in width, EXACTLY 80 pixels in height (no smaller, no larger). The
board will look cleaner if sig pics are all the same size. Try to keep the file size as small as you can please. Try to stay under 40kb in file size.

2. Sig pics must be kept family friendly. Members are prohibited from posting any images that contain sexual content, graphic or disturbing content, profanity, any content that should not be viewed by children, advertisements for other websites, or any other inappropriate or illegal content.

Wrong size .... and it damn sure aint friendly! :toropalm:

DeMeco posted this tonight:

x2_b75fde5

"Ed Block Courage Award"

So maybe they didn't want to cut him before they gave him this award?

meco doesn't seem to be worried about anything...

"rumors of my demise have been greatly exagerated.."

search

He quite possibly is, but he never reported this "news".

Yep. Like I speculated earlier, I'm pretty sure his friend who told the OP the news turned the radio on mid conversation when Barry Warner threw out the suggestion of cutting Demeco and Jerome Solomon was giving his rebuttal.

Jacoby's still on the team, Ryans wasn't cut. Soloman never reported this, and we've all known both of them had a decent chance of getting shown the door.

Not sure why you feel the need to state the obvious instead of trying to connect the dots.

But I guess I'll just lay it out.

Maybe the op did have some kind of information about the team wanting to get rid of them/their contracts.

But instead of a cut it came in the form of a trade.

And I disagree that most people knew there was a decent chance demeco would be gone. I think vet, very fee actually thought he wouldn't be on the team next season.

Not sure why you feel the need to state the obvious instead of trying to connect the dots.

Maybe the op did have some kind of information about the team wanting to get rid of them/their contracts.

And I disagree that most people knew there was a decent chance demeco would be gone. I think vet, very fee actually thought he wouldn't be on the team next season.

I hope you're correct and the OP had some solid info. That means Jacoby will be outta here soon, right?

I'm hoping they trade Jacoby, even it's for just a swap of 7ths and a bag of Skittles. That would be awesome.
hell, nobody would do that...I don't think anyone would take on his salary since he is a kick returner that has bad judgement and isn't a viable wr by season 4

hell, nobody would do that...I don't think anyone would take on his salary since he is a kick returner that has bad judgement and isn't a viable wr by season 4

We so used to be able to count on the Raiders to love speed and underachieving.

I said a dozen times since the season ended and we began looking at FA and the cap situation that I thought Ryans would be restructured because his cap number was just too great for the amount of time he spent on the field. Many thought I was crazy for suggesting even that.

I sure didnt see him being cut or traded tho .... no way , no how.

As for Jacoby , I know most of us (and some of the staff) would love to run him out of town.They do need another WR but if they cut Jones , they need two more. His staying on the roster may give us a clue as to their thinking come draft time.

At WR they have two guy's at the top of the depth chart that they like in Walter and #80. After that , they are pretty thin. I do know they like some of the guys who spent time on the PS and IR last season in LeStar Jean and Mael. One or both of those players will probably make the final roster out of camp this coming season.
They are thin at LB. Good at the top but thin. The OL is missing pieces.

Drafting a WR early may not be a priority as much as we would like it to be. Unless someone they really like falls into their lap.

I have a feeling that they may not take a WR prior to the 3rd in this draft ....

Maybe they plan to put JJ on the practice squad? Just for the embarrassment?

The more big pieces getting knocked over with no mention of cutting JJ....the more I think he's still got a place on the team.

Or he'll get cut in camp after every WR outperforms him.

Maybe they plan to put JJ on the practice squad? Just for the embarrassment?

teams can't just put anyone on the practice squad. there are certain rules about tenure/games active etc. that determine whether a player can or cannot be put on the PS.

Back