Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

it's official - Rams to move to L.A.

No, that's like feeling bad for a thief when the victim takes back what was stolen from them. As former victims of this Houston should be the last ones feeling sorry for franchise thieves like St Louis. Also St Louis Rams still sounds as stupid as the Tennessee Oilers sounded.

Glad they're back to being the LA Rams.

Another thing it's interesting seeing St Louis supporters stating that LA already lost 2 teams in the past so have already proven that they can't support the NFL. Guess what? St Louis has now lost two NFL teams also so I guess they have proven the same.
Fair point.

So the chargers still going to LA unless they get a new stadium approved this year?

So the chargers still going to LA unless they get a new stadium approved this year?

The Chargers have one year to decide if they want to join in LA. The league is giving them $100 mil assistance to stay in San Diego. If they stay in San Diego then Oakland has a year to decide if they want to go to LA but they also will get $100 mil to stay in Oakland. So it appears the NFL really only wants the Rams in LA.

Heard Andrew Brandt on NFL Radio this morning say this stadium in Inglewood is going to be a "NFL Campus". He said that is what McNair called it at the meeting. Apparently it is going to be some monstrosity of a complex. Drafts, Combines, NFL offices, even said that NFL Network may end up there. Maybe someone else heard it and can elaborate.

The Chargers have one year to decide if they want to join in LA. The league is giving them $100 mil assistance to stay in San Diego. If they stay in San Diego then Oakland has a year to decide if they want to go to LA but they also will get $100 mil to stay in Oakland. So it appears the NFL really only wants the Rams in LA.
LA fans didn't support 2 NFL teams. Why would the Raiders and Chargers have such a woody for an apathetic fan base?

Still, it sucks for St. Louis fans. I know they only had a team because LA left in the first place, but I figure as Houston fans, we can sympathize with them a little bit.

You think St. Louis fans sympathized with the LA fans when the Rams moved from LA to St. Louis?

I still catch myself saying "Los Angeles Rams" from time to time..lol. I'm glad to see them go back and St. Louis fans can kiss my ass. Maybe they can get the Cardinals to hack into the NFL computers to reverse the decision.

Are you talking about the Chargers? They were only there their 1st season and fan support wasn't in the equation.

Wasn't really for the Raiders either... and the Rams were well supported when they were a good team. Kinda like the Oilers

Wasn't really for the Raiders either... and the Rams were well supported when they were a good team. Kinda like the Oilers

Yeah I have always thought the "poor fan support" claims for many teams were offbase. To me fan support is going to the games or watching and being enthusiastic. It's not give the owners any damn thing they want.

And c'mon, Al Davis was Al Davis.

Yeah I have always thought the "poor fan support" claims for many teams were offbase. To me fan support is going to the games or watching and being enthusiastic. It's not give the owners any damn thing they want.

And c'mon, Al Davis was Al Davis.

Yeah but the Coliseum was a tough sell out... but yeah Davis was Davis, he'd have moved a couple more times if the league had let him

I'm glad the Rams are back in LA but there are too many CA teams. I'd like to see the Raiders move to San Antonio.

4 in CA with 38 mil people makes more sense than Florida and New York at 19 mil with 3 each. If Texas is going to snag a 3rd team it should be Jax or Buffalo.

4 in CA with 38 mil people makes more sense than Florida and New York at 19 mil with 3 each. If Texas is going to snag a 3rd team it should be Jax or Buffalo.

New York and Texas have done just fine supporting their teams. Florida and California have not. CA might have 38M people but they do a pretty **** job of supporting 3 teams and now they're supposed to support 4? I agree that Florida can't handle 3.

Attendance:
Dallas (TX): 1st
Giants (NY): 2nd
Jets (NY): 4th
Houston (TX): 10th
San Francisco (CA): 12th
Buffalo (NY): 14th
Miami (FL): 17th
San Diego (CA): 19th
Tampa Bay (FL): 26th
Jacksonville (FL): 27th
Oakland (CA): 30th

Percent Capacity:
San Francisco (CA): 3rd
Miami (FL): 5th
Houston (TX): 8th
Giants (NY): 18th
Buffalo (NY): 19th
Jets (NY): 21st
San Diego (CA): 22nd
Tampa Bay (FL): 25th
Dallas (TX): 26th
Jacksonville (FL): 27th
Oakland (CA): 31st

The Jags situation is pitiful. They need to go somewhere. The Raiders situation isn't much better though (worse actually once you take into account the stadium issues). Maybe you move the Raiders to a place like Portland and move the Jags to San Antonio. The Bills have done fine in Buffalo but could possibly move to Toronto. I don't see them as much of a problem though. Jacksonville and Oakland are the problems and adding an LA team isn't going to help the Raiders.

New York and Texas have done just fine supporting their teams. Florida and California have not. CA might have 38M people but they do a pretty **** job of supporting 3 teams and now they're supposed to support 4? I agree that Florida can't handle 3.

Buffalo has not been doing just fine. They are playing games in Canada and England because they can sell those games.

What time period are your stats for?

Oakland had a long history of supporting the Raiders until they turned into hot garbage for over a decade. That's a team sucking issue, not a fanbase issue.

And what source? Highly dubious of any source that has the Cowboys at 26th on percent capacity.

Stadium issues are irrelevant. The only way they have 4 teams is they'll all be playing in new stadiums (either 3 or 4).

Buffalo has not been doing just fine. They are playing games in Canada and England because they can sell those games.

What time period are your stats for?

Oakland had a long history of supporting the Raiders until they turned into hot garbage for over a decade. That's a team sucking issue, not a fanbase issue.

And what source? Highly dubious of any source that has the Cowboys at 26th on percent capacity.

That was the ESPN numbers for this year.

The claim previously has been that LA is a college football town. I think it's pretty irrelevant either way.
Agreed, and even though it's only been 21 years since LA had NFL teams, the league is a different animal than it was in the '80's and '90's.

The one concern that I've heard expressed is that as much (or more) than winning, LA needs glitz and glamour. While the Greatest Show on Turf would have provided that (in addition to actually winning), it's certainly not the case with the Rams of the last several seasons. I realize Jeff Fisher is a USC alumni, but to me he's still has that blue collar image he has for his entire Head Coaching career. The same goes for Case Keenum (or Foles, or anyone on the current roster) at QB - not necessarily blue collar, but not high profile and sexy to put it mildly. I guess what I'm saying is if you can't sell the steak, you better have some sizzle, and sizzle doesn't describe the current/recent version of the Rams - Todd Gurley not withstanding.

Last edited:
I'd like to see the Raiders move to San Antonio.

I know this would affect Texans fans in central Texas however for some reason I wouldn't mind seeing this. Build a stadium off of 35 between SA and Austin and you're pulling from 2 growing markets. Call them the Texas Raiders and now they are not just identifying with San Antonio, however the whole central Texas region there. Doubt it will happen though.

I know this would affect Texans fans in central Texas however for some reason I wouldn't mind seeing this. Build a stadium off of 35 between SA and Austin and you're pulling from 2 growing markets. Call them the Texas Raiders and now they are not just identifying with San Antonio, however the whole central Texas region there. Doubt it will happen though.

Uh... it'll hurt "Merica's Team" a whole lot more. I'm sure Texans fans would get over it.

Uh... it'll hurt "Merica's Team" a whole lot more. I'm sure Texans fans would get over it.

Was thinking about TV. Since the Raiders are an AFC team they would bump the Texans' TV slots on Sundays in both Austin and San Antonio. Texans fans would be forced to buy the Ticket or go to bars to watch the games. The Cowboys wouldn't be affected as much since they are mostly on the other network.

The same way Austin doesn't get Rockets games because of the Spurs. If you live in Austin and want Rockets games you have buy the NBA League Pass.

Was thinking about TV. Since the Raiders are an AFC team they would bump the Texans' TV slots on Sundays in both Austin and San Antonio. Texans fans would be forced to buy the Ticket or go to bars to watch the games. The Cowboys wouldn't be affected as much since they are mostly on the other network.

The same way Austin doesn't get Rockets games because of the Spurs. If you live in Austin and want Rockets games you have buy the NBA League Pass.

Same thing applies to the Jags and they'd be better to move IMO. But I think we've had that discussion.

Man, Texas Raiders has a nice ring to it.... :thinking:

Long shot, but if that ever happened, I'd probably go dual citizenship as a football fan. Heck, just the badass gear alone is worth it.
raiders-logo_50.jpg

Same thing applies to the Jags and they'd be better to move IMO. But I think we've had that discussion.

Then the Austin channel would have to run a ticker during their games apologizing for having to air them like they were doing in Orlando. I don't get the whole Jacksonville thing especially now that I live close and have been there several times. It looks smaller than Austin and they have little to no support south of Jacksonville. That said the owner keeps dumping money into the stadium so I don't think he has any plans of leaving soon.

Report: Raiders have already secured land in San Antonio for move

The Raiders would reportedly play in the Alamo Bowl while a stadium between Austin and San Antonio is constructed.

Sfchronicle
By Nick Toney Jan 13, 2016 at 11:52p ET

Oakland Raiders owner Mark Davis missed out on Los Angeles, but that doesn't mean he'll return his team to Oakland.

They're playing without a lease in 2016 -- and the city of San Antonio could provide a soft landing for the Silver and Black.

Via Bleacher Report's Jason Cole:

As the theory goes, Davis has secured a parcel of land about halfway in between Austin and San Antonio -- about 80 miles apart -- where a new stadium could potentially be located, creating leverage in his dealings with Oakland.

Davis has plenty of reasons to drop his team right between San Antonio and Austin. The two cities would offer his team over 2.3 million football-hungry sports fans. His players would enjoy a state without income taxes.

Lastly, if he's anything like his father, Davis enjoys a little payback. He'd serve some up by becoming an instate competitor to Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, who led the charge to exclude the Raiders from LA relocation .

If this indeed happens, it wouldn't surprise me at all if there would be a shakeup in a division, which would include a Texas Triangle of the Raiders, Cowboys and Texans.:spy:

That would be pretty cool but I don't think the NFL will ever move the Cowboys away from the Eagles and Redskins, even though it's never made sense to me why they were placed in that division to begin with.

If this indeed happens, it wouldn't surprise me at all if there would be a shakeup in a division, which would include a Texas Triangle of the Raiders, Cowboys and Texans.:spy:
Throw in New Orleans and I'll be very excited about it even more.
:breakdance:

They are never going to move the Cowboys out of the NFC East.. When you look at the different regions each teams play in.. it doesn't make since why they're in the NFC East..that already shows you how far the NFL will go to keep that division intact..

They probably just keep every division the same to save the headache of it all.. We'd be like Florida.. 3 NFL franchises, playing in 3 different divisions

That definitely would be a big blow to Jerruh's fan base though.. if you've driven through there or went to any Academy in that area it's definitely cowboy's country.. There's hardly any Texans crap.. although it's been a few years since I headed through there, they might have J.J. Watt jerseys now.

They are never going to move the Cowboys out of the NFC East.. When you look at the different regions each teams play in.. it doesn't make since why they're in the NFC East..that already shows you how far the NFL will go to keep that division intact..

They probably just keep every division the same to save the headache of it all.. We'd be like Florida.. 3 NFL franchises, playing in 3 different divisions

Right, the Cowboys aren't moving because of the TV markets in the northeast. They have a huge following in NY, Philly and DC. Not leaving the NFC East was something Jerry demanded during the last realignment.

Right, the Cowboys aren't moving because of the TV markets in the northeast. They have a huge following in NY, Philly and DC. Not leaving the NFC East was something Jerry demanded during the last realignment.

Raiders to Las Vegas.... what do you think?

There have been reports over the last day about a proposal to construct a new stadium in Las Vegas in connection with a possible move of the Raiders to Las Vegas. If your club owner or executives are asked about this, there is no need to comment. If any comment is offered, please keep the following points in mind:

1. All decisions regarding the location of teams are made by the full membership. Three-fourths of the member clubs must approve any team move.

2. No proposal made to the league. It would be speculative to suggest that your club would or would not support such a proposal. If such a proposal is made, it would be considered under the league’s relocation policies.

3. There is no prohibition under league rules on a team moving to any particular city. Any proposal for relocation would be evaluated based on the same standards as apply to any proposed move. Those standards are well-known, having just been applied in connection with relocation proposals to Los Angeles.

I have to admit, I'm hoping the Raiders move to SA. I would have to see how I feel when they actually start playing, but there's at least a little part of me that wants to root for them.

I have to admit, I'm hoping the Raiders move to SA. I would have to see how I feel when they actually start playing, but there's at least a little part of me that wants to root for them.

Yeah, I certainly get how most people here in Texas want it, but not me. As an Austinite the Texans might as well be based at ISIS headquarters if the Raiders move here in Central Texas.

I guess you are in Houston? Thing is, you get the Texans free of charge and hassle if the Raiders come, I don't.

I hear Las Vegas is the favorite at the moment. I wish I could bet on that.

Texans really need to focus on Western Louisiana. Lake Charles, Sulpher, Deridder.... a lot closer to Houston than they are to New Orleans. I think... maybe...

Forget I said anything.

I always thought the Texans should market heavily in the Valley. Lots of family/cultural ties and a good sized untapped market with a premade affiliation for the sport. If San Antonio gets a team I guarantee they market heavily to Hispanics in South Texas.

Michael Thomas / Getty Images Sport / Getty
St. Louis sues NFL, teams over Rams' relocation to L.A.
The Associated Press Apr 12, 2017 1:07 PM
ST. LOUIS -- The city of St. Louis and that region's sports authority are suing the National Football League over the Rams' relocation to Los Angeles.

The lawsuit filed Wednesday in St. Louis Circuit Court also names the NFL's 32 teams as defendants and seeks unspecified damages and restitution.

The lawsuit alleges the Rams failed to meet league relocation rules when leaving for Los Angeles before last season, constituting a contractual breach with St. Louis.

The NFL did not immediately respond to a message seeking comment.

The lawsuit alleges that St. Louis has lost an estimated $1.85 million to $3.5 million each year in amusement and ticket tax collections, as well as roughly $7.5 million in property taxes. In total, the city will have lost more than $100 million in net proceeds.

Michael Thomas / Getty Images Sport / Getty
St. Louis sues NFL, teams over Rams' relocation to L.A.
The Associated Press Apr 12, 2017 1:07 PM
ST. LOUIS -- The city of St. Louis and that region's sports authority are suing the National Football League over the Rams' relocation to Los Angeles.

The lawsuit filed Wednesday in St. Louis Circuit Court also names the NFL's 32 teams as defendants and seeks unspecified damages and restitution.

The lawsuit alleges the Rams failed to meet league relocation rules when leaving for Los Angeles before last season, constituting a contractual breach with St. Louis.

The NFL did not immediately respond to a message seeking comment.

The lawsuit alleges that St. Louis has lost an estimated $1.85 million to $3.5 million each year in amusement and ticket tax collections, as well as roughly $7.5 million in property taxes. In total, the city will have lost more than $100 million in net proceeds.

Worst case scenario they settle out of court... The NFL can wipe it's ass with that amount of money.

Back