Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Indianapolis Colts @ Houston Texans. 10/8. 7:20. CBS/NFLN. **Official ALDS Gameday Thread**

@GETNICKWRIGHT
The #Texans season is over before the #Astros season has ended and before the #Rockets season has begun.
ccfwgvvfzrrlhno2fb0c.png

Dude couldn't breathe? Don't know what to tell you there.

5 1/2 -6 games of Mallett now? I love the dudes arm (Minus the "zero touch") but i and others blasted OB for naming hoyable the starter. Hoyer is better and the best chance to win now. Ive seen enough. Neither is our future.

5 1/2 -6 games of Mallett now? I love the dudes arm (Minus the "zero touch") but i and others blasted OB for naming hoyable the starter. Hoyer is better and the best chance to win now. Ive seen enough. Neither is our future.
Right!? Neither of these clowns will be on the team next year.

Draft three new quarterbacks in the first, second and third round if we have to!!!!!

Hahaha! That's exactly what I was telling my wife after the game.

David carr was still their even after Bridgewater got taken in the 2nd. But we picked a damn OL that can't stay healthy to protect a worthless quarterback that got cut from the Browns

Don't forget Jimmy Garoppolo was sitting there, too.

BoB wants Hackysackenberg.

That's why we have to fire him at the end of the season. Let the next regime
select the franchise QB, and hopefully they will get it right..

No sign of McNair. Too busy counting the proceeds from his 12 dollar beers.

I was just making a joke tonight about people using this exact phrase. It's bad enough to assume that McNair is complacent about losing, but it's even sillier to imagine that he's only in it for the $12 beer.

This cannot be overstated. The Patriots have Tom Brady, Tom freaking Brady man, and even they are drafting QBs higher than we are.
They also drafted in Mallet in the 3rd. At that time, everyone was praising Bellicheck for that pick, as he was the heir to Brady. So what's your point?

The main problem is the coffers are empty with Rick Smith's wonderful drafts. Trade up for a NT that we cut, waste a comp pick for a DE that gets cut, waste another pick to trade up for a MLB this year. How many wasted picks on 3 players? 5? 6?
We just lost to the worst GM in the league that had way more draft blunders than Rick. Our failures aren't just the GM.

They also drafted in Mallet in the 3rd. At that time, everyone was praising Bellicheck for that pick, as he was the heir to Brady. So what's your point?

Well one point might be OB sucks at anything QB related, so what's your point?

At this point I have zero confidence any QB OB trots onto the field has or will display his potential in comparison to playimg with a good coach.

Well one point might be OB sucks at anything QB related, so what's your point?

At this point I have zero confidence any QB OB trots onto the field has or will display his potential in comparison to playimg with a good coach.
I think OB lost his job tonight.

it took what 8 years for Bob to fire ol Kubes u really think hes gonna fire Bill in a Year and a qtr ..???

People say this **** like it means something. Did Kubiak take over a team that had been to the playoffs twice in the last three years? Did Kubiak lose a team in his 2nd year? Did Reliant stadium start playing the Benny Hill theme song while Kubiak was deciding which QB to put in the game?

People say this **** like it means something. Did Kubiak take over a team that had been to the playoffs twice in the last three years? Did Kubiak lose a team in his 2nd year? Did Reliant stadium start playing the Benny Hill theme song while Kubiak was deciding which QB to put in the game?

No, no, and no. Scary because Kubiak sucked too.

Obriens era is nowhere near its end. Not even on the hot seat IMO. Rick smith on hot seat definitely. RAC more than likely.

It will be interesting to see what happens as this season unravels.

OBrien won't get as much rope as Kubiak did... However, could he get fired after one losing season? I don't know.
This is starting to look 2013 bad. And when you keep flip-flipping at QB, that makes matters worse.

Obriens era is nowhere near its end. Not even on the hot seat IMO. Rick smith on hot seat definitely. RAC more than likely.

In year two, he's already playing QB yoyo in a manner that is chalkboard-grating reminiscent of Schaub and Keenum. If anything, O'Brien should have known the fate of the previous HC well enough to not come into Houston and give the owner flashbacks.

When I talk about O'Brien ignoring red flags, look no further than that cruelly ironic faux pas.

Well guys I woke up this morning secure in the belief that it's time to "Turn your head and cough for Goff"

At least there's no college QB out there whose name rhymes with "Prostate" or "Bend over for..."

He looked good when he was in. It's was stupid penalties and a dropped pass turned into an int that killed his drives.

Come on man, Hoyer came in and immediately started moving the ball and putting up points. Granted one was a lucky Hail Mary, but Mallet was NOT getting it done. Yes, the INT was Arian's fault, but still, Mallett was not getting results. How is this not obvious to you by now? He played nearly 3 quarters at Atlanta with no points either.

And if you're not given 4 Qs, you can't say

He had 2.5 at Atlanta and 1.5 against Indy resulting in zero points. Mallett sucks man, just stop lying to yourself. If he was any good Obrien would have put him back in the game at some point, but Hoyer was putting points on the board.

He had 2.5 at Atlanta and 1.5 against Indy resulting in zero points. Mallett sucks man, just stop lying to yourself. If he was any good Obrien would have put him back in the game at some point, but Hoyer was putting points on the board.

I thought at the time that OBrien was making a statement to Mallet. If you take yourself out of the game don't expect to be put back in.

I have seen other QB's take much harder hits than the one that Mallet took. I think OBriens message was 'toughen up son.'

Mallet whined when not named the starter and bails when the hits start coming. That's my opinion, right or wrong, and I am sticking to it.

Mallet was 7 for 10 and if Foster didn't overtly drop that pass, it would have been a TD.

I agree Foster should have had it. It came in behind him like many of Mallett's passes do as he ran across the field.

I'm having to accept that Mallett throws a particularly pain-in-the-ass to catch ball a lot of the time. We can watch receivers and backs struggle catching them or we can move on to someone better at the job once this nightmare of a season ends. I've seen enough of Mallett to know that I don't want to watch him any more.

Setting aside his accuracy and velocity the guy's head goes all "stink of desperation" when things start getting out of hand. Am I the only one who sees those crazy ******* desperate eyes on Mallett when things start going wrong? The team does not seem to pull together behind him in those situations. I remember watching Carr when he'd get all "buggy" and the team looked like they were picking that up from him. The few times Tony Banks got on the field everyone seemed to settle down which is kind of what happens when Hoyer comes in. People settle down and do their jobs. Now eventually Hoyer will screw up and make it all for nothing but our offense looks like it's got the shakes when Mallett is out there throwing bullets and they're bouncing off of every WR and RB we have.

I don't see how anyone could want to keep watching that. Really I don't know why anyone would want to keep watching either one of them but we still got 11 more games of this crap to slog through and baseball isn't going to hold us over forever.

I agree Foster should have had it. It came in behind him like many of Mallett's passes do as he ran across the field.

I'm having to accept that Mallett throws a particularly pain-in-the-ass to catch ball a lot of the time. We can watch receivers and backs struggle catching them or we can move on to someone better at the job once this nightmare of a season ends. I've seen enough of Mallett to know that I don't want to watch him any more.

Setting aside his accuracy and velocity the guy's head goes all "stink of desperation" when things start getting out of hand. Am I the only one who sees those crazy ******* desperate eyes on Mallett when things start going wrong? The team does not seem to pull together behind him in those situations. I remember watching Carr when he'd get all "buggy" and the team looked like they were picking that up from him. The few times Tony Banks got on the field everyone seemed to settle down which is kind of what happens when Hoyer comes in. People settle down and do their jobs. Now eventually Hoyer will screw up and make it all for nothing but our offense looks like it's got the shakes when Mallett is out there throwing bullets and they're bouncing off of every WR and RB we have.

I don't see how anyone could want to keep watching that. Really I don't know why anyone would want to keep watching either one of them but we still got 11 more games of this crap to slog through and baseball isn't going to hold us over forever.

The team is laying down on someone with bad effort and miscues . I'm not sure who they don't care much for but it's been this way since the KC game . That or we way overestimated who they are .

Matt Schaub & Gary Kubiak were high points of the Texans franchise...

Fml... right?

If O'Brien has lost the locker room, I hope McNair does the right thing.

Hoyer was so impressed with his Hail Mary being caught.............he figured he'd just throw another.:toropalm:

I can't believe that anyone would want a qb to start that woukd throw the ball up in the air in the middle of the feild like that in that situation. It's mind boggling. That is the biggest no no a qb can do.

I can't believe that anyone would want a qb to start that woukd throw the ball up in the air in the middle of the feild like that in that situation. It's mind boggling. That is the biggest no no a qb can do.

I went to bed early so I didn't see the play you are talking about.

There are times, "desperate times call for desperate measures", that maybe you just throw the ball up there and hope your guy makes the play. Like I said though I didn't see the play.

I was a big supporter of OBrien when he came aboard. It will take some decisive actions on his part to keep me there.

Come on man, Hoyer came in and immediately started moving the ball and putting up points.

Moving the ball...

Look. Does it really matter? Brian Hoyer sucks. Are you arguing that he doesn't?

You may be convinced that Malleett sucks & that his career will turn out like Hoyer's... But we don't know.

Do you just want us all to agree Mallett is worse than Hoyer so we can all agree that we need to draft a QB? I'm pretty sure we all felt that way last year & the year before. We just didn't all agree there was a QB in the draft worth taking.

Regardless how bad Mallett sucks, I'll never agree we should draft a QB in the first round if I don't believe there is one worth taking.

This, imo, is the perfect opportunity for O'Brien to prove he knows how to develop a young inexperienced QB. From what I've seen so far, we'll be setting some poor sap up to fail if we give him to O'Brien.

Last edited:

Agreed pressure on Hoyer=stupid things happen.

Pressure on Mallett=a ball no one can catch.

:thinking:

Moving the ball...

Look. Does it really matter? Brian Hoyer sucks. Are you arguing that he doesn't?

You may be convinced that Malleett sucks & that his career will turn out like Hoyer's... But we don't know.

Do you just want us all to agree Mallett is worse than Hoyer so we can all agree that we need to draft a QB? I'm pretty sure we all felt that way last year & the year before. We just didn't all agree there was a QB in the draft worth taking.

Regardless how bad Mallett sucks, I'll never agree we should draft a QB in the first round if I don't believe there is one worth taking.

This, imo, is the perfect opportunity for O'Brien to prove he knows how to develop a young inexperienced QB. From what I've seen so far, we'll be setting some poor sap up to fail if we give him to O'Brien.
You're wasting your time. He just doesn't have the mental capacity to grasp what we are saying. You're just going to get back a single minded high school level response that basically says if you want mallet to play you're a homer and not as smart as him. That's all he's got.

I went to bed early so I didn't see the play you are talking about.

There are times, "desperate times call for desperate measures", that maybe you just throw the ball up there and hope your guy makes the play. Like I said though I didn't see the play.

I was a big supporter of OBrien when he came aboard. It will take some decisive actions on his part to keep me there.

It wasn’t one of those times. There was time on the clock. In fact the Texans had burned time before the 2 min. Hoyer dropped back, got vapor lock of the cranial cavity and then when forced to make a decision, made the worst one possible.

Agreed pressure on Hoyer=stupid things happen.

Pressure on Mallett=a ball no one can catch.

:thinking:

Like I've been saying. Take the lesser of two evils. Hoyer has had the time on the feild and still keeps making the same mistakes that have got him cut from other teams who obviously figured out he cannot overcome his weeknesses.

Mallet hasn't had the time yet. Give him the time and see if he can develop and If he can't we move on.

Playing Hoyer isn't going to accomplish anything. A few wins here and there when he has no pressure. Yay!

Back