Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

I love this comment by Andre Johnson.

EllisUnit

Vote RED!!!
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/a...practice/e7d0236f-9adc-4a0c-a591-4cfbc9588ab2

(on what he says to people saying it’s the same old Texans when another key player goes down) “Well if they’ve been watching football, I don’t think they would say it’s the same old Texans. I went down. Mario (Williams) went down. Danieal Manning went down and right now we’re sitting at the top of the AFC. If they feel that way, they were bandwagoners anyway, so that’s the way I feel about it.”

You think any of the players read the forum ? This sounds like something some of us would say.

And here is a comment by jacoby jones HAHA

(on how hard it is to change a quarterback situation with so much on the line) “I don’t think we’re going to miss a beat or step. Not much is going to change. Only thing that’ll change is that he’s just left-handed. That’s it. So there ain’t nothing wrong with that. You’ve got to catch it baby.”

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/a...practice/e7d0236f-9adc-4a0c-a591-4cfbc9588ab2

(on what he says to people saying it’s the same old Texans when another key player goes down) “Well if they’ve been watching football, I don’t think they would say it’s the same old Texans. I went down. Mario (Williams) went down. Danieal Manning went down and right now we’re sitting at the top of the AFC. If they feel that way, they were bandwagoners anyway, so that’s the way I feel about it.”

You think any of the players read the forum ? This sounds like something some of us would say.

Love it! Call it like you see it AJ!

Lol I would bet atleast some of the Texans probably come here and read. I mean how could you resist not to? If you're beasting it up like Brian Cushing why wouldn't you come here and read people praise you? I sure as hell would! Id be like "Hell yeah that's me! Chuck Norris looks for me in his closet before he sleeps!"

Well, we have plenty of posters named aj, Andre80, etc.

Seriously, though, I think they just TOLD AJ that people were saying that.

If people have been religiously following this team since its creation...

Then they know that this year's Texans, via several upgrades in players and coaches, and via an ever-evolving offense led by guys who return and don't depart for other teams (except for Leach), are finally LEGITIMATELY pretty doggone good.

The Raiders game, the only Texans game I have ever attended in my whole life, will probably go down as the low point of the season. Mario was hurt, and AJ was already out, and we lost when we should have won...and it should not have even been as close to have come down to the final few minutes too.

That being said, the Ravens game was what it was--A game we didn't like to have on our schedule because it was in their house and too early in the season.

After that, we could have relapsed and tried to sleepwalk through games against teams we knew we should beat by 30 points. But we didn't.

Now we had the worst news yet, and there's a bit of a pucker factor going on in Texans nation. I just have this feeling that since the immortal Colts are now proven to be the NFL version of Samson (cut his hair, he loses his powers) that THIS YEAR'S TEXANS are ready to assume the throne and reign from on high. I mean it, I think they're sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Demps has two interceptions now, right? Sacks everywhere, interceptions and passes defensed everywhere too. Best defense in the league. Learning to play without Mario. Learning to play without AJ. Popping Demps into the secondary for Manning? Done deal, great results already.

It's like we're in zombie mode. Chop a leg off, we hop toward you. Hack an eyeball out, we still see you with the other eyeball. Cut us in half, we'll use our arms to claw the ground and pull ourselves forward. Relentless. And that's why a lot of people still have an eery calm to them...I know I do.

It's going to be awesome when we come out and pass for 300+ with Leinart and completely wipe the Jags off the field in two weeks. You guys haven't seen anything yet until you see the ESPN and NFLN reaction in the studios after we beat the Jags without Schaub. I bet the zombie analogy gets used at some point, just a matter of time before somebody national picks up on it.

I love The Walking Dead series, if you couldn't tell.

Then they know that this year's Texans, via several upgrades in players and coaches, and via an ever-evolving offense led by guys who return and don't depart for other teams (except for Leach), are finally LEGITIMATELY pretty doggone good.

The Raiders game, the only Texans game I have ever attended in my whole life, will probably go down as the low point of the season. Mario was hurt, and AJ was already out, and we lost when we should have won...and it should not have even been as close to have come down to the final few minutes too.

That being said, the Ravens game was what it was--A game we didn't like to have on our schedule because it was in their house and too early in the season.

After that, we could have relapsed and tried to sleepwalk through games against teams we knew we should beat by 30 points. But we didn't.

Now we had the worst news yet, and there's a bit of a pucker factor going on in Texans nation. I just have this feeling that since the immortal Colts are now proven to be the NFL version of Samson (cut his hair, he loses his powers) that THIS YEAR'S TEXANS are ready to assume the throne and reign from on high. I mean it, I think they're sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Demps has two interceptions now, right? Sacks everywhere, interceptions and passes defensed everywhere too. Best defense in the league. Learning to play without Mario. Learning to play without AJ. Popping Demps into the secondary for Manning? Done deal, great results already.

It's like we're in zombie mode. Chop a leg off, we hop toward you. Hack an eyeball out, we still see you with the other eyeball. Cut us in half, we'll use our arms to claw the ground and pull ourselves forward. Relentless. And that's why a lot of people still have an eery calm to them...I know I do.

It's going to be awesome when we come out and pass for 300+ with Leinart and completely wipe the Jags off the field in two weeks. You guys haven't seen anything yet until you see the ESPN and NFLN reaction in the studios after we beat the Jags without Schaub. I bet the zombie analogy gets used at some point, just a matter of time before somebody national picks up on it.

4 or 5 dump-offs to Foster and it's a done deal. Hot-tub time! :cow:

It's going to be awesome when we come out and pass for 300+ with Leinart and completely wipe the Jags off the field in two weeks.

I agree with you. Lienart might be the best QB we see over the next six games.

PM741027.jpg

LOL, I'm watching this with my wife right now - 1st season, DVD. That chick just shot her zombie sister. I was like - you're so right about this zombie mode.:splits:

And here is a comment by jacoby jones HAHA

(on how hard it is to change a quarterback situation with so much on the line) “I don’t think we’re going to miss a beat or step. Not much is going to change. Only thing that’ll change is that he’s just left-handed. That’s it. So there ain’t nothing wrong with that. You’ve got to catch it baby

I've never had a "mancrush" but Dre's remarks are making me feel a little fuzzy in my legs... :D

You can bloody their foreheads, roll your fat-@$$ nose-guard on their footsies, and injure their wide-outs by surprisingly not being in the same time-zone when they catch the ball and take off running with it, but big, bad Schaub's giant foot will still strangle you while Foster reads you poetry.

Don't worry, cuz when it's over, Leinart's got your recuperation time covered. :photos:

I like the zombie analogy, but I might like a Terminator analogy better. Same concept. Pieces get blown off, but regenerate, and the Terminator Texans keep coming.
RELENTLESS.

What worries me is the fact these guys have two weeks of media exposure pumping them full of doubt and reasons they will fail. Its day 2 of 14 and I'm already sick of hearing it. The jags came will feel like a full off-season by the time it gets here.

What worries me is the fact these guys have two weeks of media exposure pumping them full of doubt and reasons they will fail. Its day 2 of 14 and I'm already sick of hearing it. The jags came will feel like a full off-season by the time it gets here.

Really? The comments I've heard on NFLN are nothing but how Leinert will thrive running Houston's offense. I've heard three different commentators say nothing but good things. Don't know about ESPN though, I never watch it unless Monday night football is interesting.

Andre is like silent bob in a kevin smith movie. Doesn't speak much,but when he does, it is something good

Yup, the bye is tough to get through every year for me. Especially this year. :choke:

I think it's harder for the fans than the players. It's 10 games in, I don't think the players are going to be overwhelmed with whatever the media is saying. This team seems to be very focused and I think the bye week will only help them, especially with Schaub out and Leinart in.

I fully expect them to destroy the Jags like we have the Bucs and Browns the last two games.

I've never had a "mancrush" but Dre's remarks are making me feel a little fuzzy in my legs... :D

Calm down there chris Matthews, but I know what you mean. I love that this guy is on our team. Speak softly carry a big stick (or fist, just ask courtlandt)

Calm down there chris Matthews, but I know what you mean. I love that this guy is on our team. Speak softly carry a big stick (or fist, just ask courtlandt)

Yeah AJ is second to none. He is the face of this franchise, and will be our first HOF player to represent the texans :)

I like the zombie analogy, but I might like a Terminator analogy better. Same concept. Pieces get blown off, but regenerate, and the Terminator Texans keep coming.
RELENTLESS.

Man, as I was typing the zombie analogy...I DID get images in my head of when Terminator was crawling after what's her name in the factory.

I actually think either analogy fits here. Relentless. Freakish.

Lol I would bet atleast some of the Texans probably come here and read. I mean how could you resist not to? If you're beasting it up like Brian Cushing why wouldn't you come here and read people praise you? I sure as hell would! Id be like "Hell yeah that's me! Chuck Norris looks for me in his closet before he sleeps!"

There are at least a couple players who are members .... and a couple parents of players who are members / posters. I wont disclose those names out of respect for their privacy ..... but they are here.

It's going to be awesome when we come out and pass for 300+ with Leinart and completely wipe the Jags off the field in two weeks.

I agree with you. Lienart might be the best QB we see over the next six games.

Like I said: You're trolling. Again.

I just don't get you. I'm trying to bury the hatchet, agreeing with your optimism..... along with all the others who are optimistic about Lienart's development in our system. & you attack me.

There are at least a couple players who are members .... and a couple parents of players who are members / posters. I wont disclose those names out of respect for their privacy ..... but they are here.

I know at least one... family member anyway.

I hate the bye week. Atleast we have the Coogs playing a good one this weekend to root for, and I will be able to root for a loss for the Titans.:yawn:

I just don't get you. I'm trying to bury the hatchet, agreeing with your optimism..... along with all the others who are optimistic about Lienart's development in our system. & you attack me.

The whole "issue" is whether we're all 100% OK with Leinart being the QB who has our playoff aspirations on his shoulders. I know we don't have a choice in the matter, but yet there's going to be anxiousness and us playing "What if" games in our head until we see him play a few games.

To that extent, I think we're all holding him up to the standard of other QBs out there--Dalton, Newton, Hasselbeck, etc. If we had to say which QBs out of those are possibly better at getting us the AFC South title, Leinart has his work cut out for him to be as solid as a starter as those guys have been this year thus far. To that extent, I don't think he's better than them.

An "awesome" job by Leinart, IMO, would be to just not screw things up by trying too hard. Me rooting for him, or wanting him to crush the Jags, is separate from the reality of knowing that he has his work cut out for him.

I said you were trolling because you're bringing an argument from another thread and plopping it down into this thread, almost verbatim. If it was taken out of context, my apologies. You've gotten a bit snarky with everyone lately, veiling your posts with sarcasm or off-the-wall statements that people have to take at face value. You used to use the kitten batting a ball of yarn, maybe you should use that more?

Don't think the "BYE" week could be timed any better if they had tried.

I agree. What is the timeline on Mannings return? Casey has also been a no show since his injury. I am hoping with the exception of Mario and Schaub that we have a healthy team going into Jacksonville. I think that we only need to split the remaining games. 10 and 6 will get us to the playoffs because I see the titans losing atleast 2 more games.

I agree. What is the timeline on Mannings return? Casey has also been a no show since his injury. I am hoping with the exception of Mario and Schaub that we have a healthy team going into Jacksonville. I think that we only need to split the remaining games. 10 and 6 will get us to the playoffs because I see the titans losing atleast 2 more games.

Kubiak said this about Manning Tuesday

“You know what, he actually ran Friday. He’s been on the AlterG, I guess that’s what it is, the machine that takes the weight off of you. He actually did some running at full weight on Friday. He’s doing extremely well. Everything is accordingly to schedule, if not ahead of schedule, so don’t be surprised here in a few weeks if we start talking about bringing him out there to start working with Kap (Director of Sports Medicine/Head Athletic Trainer Geoff Kaplan). He’s making great progress and should contribute to the team before the season’s over if things keep going.”

I said you were trolling because you're bringing an argument from another thread and plopping it down into this thread, almost verbatim.
Verbatim?

Argument from another thread?

If it was taken out of context, my apologies. You've gotten a bit snarky with everyone lately, veiling your posts with sarcasm or off-the-wall statements that people have to take at face value.
No, not everyone.
You used to use the kitten batting a ball of yarn, maybe you should use that more?

:kitten:

RELENTLESS.

So you're saying we're not just the low-level Arnold Terminator...you're saying we're T-1000? Holy crap, that would make us unbeatable!

Ah man...you can't just say that and leave us hanging. Maybe which players, or the positions they play? I wouldn't be surprised if David Anderson was one of them back in the day. Maybe Tate, since he's pretty plugged in to social media? Grrr...this is going to drive me crazy now!

Ah man...you can't just say that and leave us hanging. Maybe which players, or the positions they play? I wouldn't be surprised if David Anderson was one of them back in the day. Maybe Tate, since he's pretty plugged in to social media? Grrr...this is going to drive me crazy now!

I'm AJ and so is my wife!

he's the freaking MAN! I can't wait til he's fully healthy and can put those Calvin Johnson fans in their place. AJ is the best WR in the league.

Man, as I was typing the zombie analogy...I DID get images in my head of when Terminator was crawling after what's her name in the factory.

I actually think either analogy fits here. Relentless. Freakish.

yeah the walking dead is my fav series ever. That last episode was damn good, i thought she shot old crazy hillbilly.

Back