I love this comment by Andre Johnson.

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by EllisUnit, Nov 15, 2011.

1. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/a...practice/e7d0236f-9adc-4a0c-a591-4cfbc9588ab2

(on what he says to people saying it’s the same old Texans when another key player goes down) “Well if they’ve been watching football, I don’t think they would say it’s the same old Texans. I went down. Mario (Williams) went down. Danieal Manning went down and right now we’re sitting at the top of the AFC. If they feel that way, they were bandwagoners anyway, so that’s the way I feel about it.”

You think any of the players read the forum ? This sounds like something some of us would say.

And here is a comment by jacoby jones HAHA

(on how hard it is to change a quarterback situation with so much on the line) “I don’t think we’re going to miss a beat or step. Not much is going to change. Only thing that’ll change is that he’s just left-handed. That’s it. So there ain’t nothing wrong with that. You’ve got to catch it baby.”

dc_txtech likes this.
  2. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Love it! Call it like you see it AJ!

3. redwhiteANDblue

redwhiteANDblue Color of Texans

Lol I would bet atleast some of the Texans probably come here and read. I mean how could you resist not to? If you're beasting it up like Brian Cushing why wouldn't you come here and read people praise you? I sure as hell would! Id be like "Hell yeah that's me! Chuck Norris looks for me in his closet before he sleeps!"

4. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Well, we have plenty of posters named aj, Andre80, etc.

Seriously, though, I think they just TOLD AJ that people were saying that.

5. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

And that's why Andre's bad ass.

6. GP

GP Go Texans!

If people have been religiously following this team since its creation...

Then they know that this year's Texans, via several upgrades in players and coaches, and via an ever-evolving offense led by guys who return and don't depart for other teams (except for Leach), are finally LEGITIMATELY pretty doggone good.

The Raiders game, the only Texans game I have ever attended in my whole life, will probably go down as the low point of the season. Mario was hurt, and AJ was already out, and we lost when we should have won...and it should not have even been as close to have come down to the final few minutes too.

That being said, the Ravens game was what it was--A game we didn't like to have on our schedule because it was in their house and too early in the season.

After that, we could have relapsed and tried to sleepwalk through games against teams we knew we should beat by 30 points. But we didn't.

Now we had the worst news yet, and there's a bit of a pucker factor going on in Texans nation. I just have this feeling that since the immortal Colts are now proven to be the NFL version of Samson (cut his hair, he loses his powers) that THIS YEAR'S TEXANS are ready to assume the throne and reign from on high. I mean it, I think they're sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Demps has two interceptions now, right? Sacks everywhere, interceptions and passes defensed everywhere too. Best defense in the league. Learning to play without Mario. Learning to play without AJ. Popping Demps into the secondary for Manning? Done deal, great results already.

It's like we're in zombie mode. Chop a leg off, we hop toward you. Hack an eyeball out, we still see you with the other eyeball. Cut us in half, we'll use our arms to claw the ground and pull ourselves forward. Relentless. And that's why a lot of people still have an eery calm to them...I know I do.

It's going to be awesome when we come out and pass for 300+ with Leinart and completely wipe the Jags off the field in two weeks. You guys haven't seen anything yet until you see the ESPN and NFLN reaction in the studios after we beat the Jags without Schaub. I bet the zombie analogy gets used at some point, just a matter of time before somebody national picks up on it.

I love The Walking Dead series, if you couldn't tell.

MEGA SWATT, ATXtexanfan and BlueSteel like this.
  7. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

4 or 5 dump-offs to Foster and it's a done deal. Hot-tub time! :cow:

8. Cush

Cush Site Contributor

Zombie Mode.

That's gold

9. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

I agree with you. Lienart might be the best QB we see over the next six games.

Vinny likes this.
  10. MEGA SWATT

MEGA SWATT Hall of Fame

[​IMG]
    LOL, I'm watching this with my wife right now - 1st season, DVD. That chick just shot her zombie sister. I was like - you're so right about this zombie mode.:splits:

11. TheGoldenGreek

TheGoldenGreek Rookie

My God I miss watching this man play every week.

12. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

I've never had a "mancrush" but Dre's remarks are making me feel a little fuzzy in my legs... :D

13. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

You can bloody their foreheads, roll your fat-@$$ nose-guard on their footsies, and injure their wide-outs by surprisingly not being in the same time-zone when they catch the ball and take off running with it, but big, bad Schaub's giant foot will still strangle you while Foster reads you poetry.

Don't worry, cuz when it's over, Leinart's got your recuperation time covered. :photos:

14. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

I like the zombie analogy, but I might like a Terminator analogy better. Same concept. Pieces get blown off, but regenerate, and the Terminator Texans keep coming.
    RELENTLESS.

15. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder COOL BEANS!

[​IMG]

16. jtexas

jtexas Veteran

What worries me is the fact these guys have two weeks of media exposure pumping them full of doubt and reasons they will fail. Its day 2 of 14 and I'm already sick of hearing it. The jags came will feel like a full off-season by the time it gets here.

17. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

dre and the guys are gonna make leinart look good

18. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

Really? The comments I've heard on NFLN are nothing but how Leinert will thrive running Houston's offense. I've heard three different commentators say nothing but good things. Don't know about ESPN though, I never watch it unless Monday night football is interesting.

19. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

Andre is like silent bob in a kevin smith movie. Doesn't speak much,but when he does, it is something good

20. silentassassin

silentassassin Veteran

Yup, the bye is tough to get through every year for me. Especially this year. :choke: