Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

How will you react if....

The Texans pull off the upset over NE? Will you be happy, will you be thinking about draft implications, will you acknowledge that our team's improved. I know how we play the game has a lot to do with our reaction, but just the fact that we beat the Pats. How would that strike you? Me, I would be happy, I think our team's come a long way and to beat the Pat's would be big. Everyone say's we're just playing for pride and that may be true, but dammit it feels great to get a win, no matter the implications.

I'd be thrilled, plus there will be less pressure on us to draft who the media wants us to if he's not there. And we can pick someone that will make our team better.

I don't see the point in trying to win at this stage of the season, but I suppose I'd be pretty happy of winning a road game against the best team of the decade. At the same time, I won't have the same level of disappointment I've had all year long after losses since I saw it coming. I can honestly say that this is the first game this season that I don't care if we win or lose, I can actually just enjoy watching the game without worrying about the final score.

id be pissed we dropped some spots in the draft.

Uh, that is totally bad karma.

You root for draft position, you won't get the guy you want. I would say it is a man law, but I don't have the right equipment to make such law.

Texans win. Only acceptable result.

I'm a Texans fan so of course I want nothing short of a win. Last week I told myself going into Tennessee that all I would want is us to play a good game and make a game out of it with one of the most improved teams in the NFL right now. We did that, but lost, and it was obvious that the way I felt after the game that I was not happy with that. I will only be happy if we win. If we lose, to get through the pain better, I will tell myself, "Hey, atleast we'll get a higher pick in the draft." But that's only to try and ease the pain. I'm still not over last weeks loss and I really want a win before the season is out. If we can beat either the Patriots or the Colts, there would be no way anyone could say this team hasn't improved.

The only teams whose fans are thinking about draft position with three games left in the season are teams that suck. I'll be the happiest fan on earth when draft position ceases to be the hot topic in December every year.

I only want to see wins. Tired of worrying about draft picks and playing for the future. I need to see positive stuff on the field.

The only teams whose fans are thinking about draft position with three games left in the season are teams that suck. I'll be the happiest fan on earth when draft position ceases to be the hot topic in December every year.

i cant wait till the day we stop thinking about which draft pick is gunna turn this franchise around and start talking about the missing piece on defense or offense.

If we close out the season on an up-beat, we'd have a real reason to be upbeat in the offseason. We always are, and we never have a solid reason to.

If we're playing good football to close out a season, it'll be another Texans first, and one I'm ready to see.

I want to win becuase itd be fun saying we threw a hitch in NE's plans, and possibly could make them miss the playoffs or put more pressure on them. Theres nothing better than beating a team when the odds are stacked against you!

A win of course...why would anyone wish for a loss for their team? Drafts never go the way the fans want them to go anyway. It's not as if we get a vote on it.

I would be doing this :marionaner: for the entire offseason, regardless of the results of the last two games.

However, I don't think that's gonna happen. :hides:

I love playing the upset, especially around playoff time. It'd be nice to think NE might simply look over us, but they got shut out last week by Miami. If we win, it would mean a lot for this team. We seem to be going in the right direction. The defense is starting to hit some people and cause some turnovers, and the offense hits a groove at least twice a game. If we can get some decent breaks, who knows?

I'd love to see them win this one, but it will be very tough. I think our chances will be better in the last 2 at home against Indy and the Browns. However, like us, the Pats have lost a lot of players to injuries, so you never know. If I had to pick just one for them to win, though, it would be Cleveland. I'd like to see them finish on a winning note, for their confidence next season. I still remember what happened 2 years ago when they finished with Cleveland at home and were dominated and what followed the next year.

Back