How will you react if....

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by dat_boy_yec, Dec 16, 2006.

1. dat_boy_yec

dat_boy_yec All Pro

The Texans pull off the upset over NE? Will you be happy, will you be thinking about draft implications, will you acknowledge that our team's improved. I know how we play the game has a lot to do with our reaction, but just the fact that we beat the Pats. How would that strike you? Me, I would be happy, I think our team's come a long way and to beat the Pat's would be big. Everyone say's we're just playing for pride and that may be true, but dammit it feels great to get a win, no matter the implications.

2. thetexanator

thetexanator All Pro

id be pissed we dropped some spots in the draft.

3. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

I'd be thrilled, plus there will be less pressure on us to draft who the media wants us to if he's not there. And we can pick someone that will make our team better.

4. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

I don't see the point in trying to win at this stage of the season, but I suppose I'd be pretty happy of winning a road game against the best team of the decade. At the same time, I won't have the same level of disappointment I've had all year long after losses since I saw it coming. I can honestly say that this is the first game this season that I don't care if we win or lose, I can actually just enjoy watching the game without worrying about the final score.

5. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

Uh, that is totally bad karma.

You root for draft position, you won't get the guy you want. I would say it is a man law, but I don't have the right equipment to make such law.

Texans win. Only acceptable result.

6. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

I'll be happy because I can run smack to my two friends up in NE!!!!

7. axman40

axman40 Hall of Fame

:fans: say winning is Good! Ummm Okay!
    :ok:

8. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

I'm a Texans fan so of course I want nothing short of a win. Last week I told myself going into Tennessee that all I would want is us to play a good game and make a game out of it with one of the most improved teams in the NFL right now. We did that, but lost, and it was obvious that the way I felt after the game that I was not happy with that. I will only be happy if we win. If we lose, to get through the pain better, I will tell myself, "Hey, atleast we'll get a higher pick in the draft." But that's only to try and ease the pain. I'm still not over last weeks loss and I really want a win before the season is out. If we can beat either the Patriots or the Colts, there would be no way anyone could say this team hasn't improved.

9. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

The only teams whose fans are thinking about draft position with three games left in the season are teams that suck. I'll be the happiest fan on earth when draft position ceases to be the hot topic in December every year.

10. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

I only want to see wins. Tired of worrying about draft picks and playing for the future. I need to see positive stuff on the field.

11. thetexanator

thetexanator All Pro

i cant wait till the day we stop thinking about which draft pick is gunna turn this franchise around and start talking about the missing piece on defense or offense.

12. Ryan

Ryan THIS YEAR

i want a win, but i also want adrian peterson. But a win is more important!

13. OrangeCountyTexansFan

OrangeCountyTexansFan Veteran

The fans. The point is the fans. That is why you try to win everytime you set foot on the field.

14. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

If we close out the season on an up-beat, we'd have a real reason to be upbeat in the offseason. We always are, and we never have a solid reason to.

If we're playing good football to close out a season, it'll be another Texans first, and one I'm ready to see.

15. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

I would love to finish 7-9 and be forced to make drastic sacrifices to get Joe Thomas.

16. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

I'd be estatic. I might put on some face paint and run around Westbrook Mall.

17. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

Carr plays better on the road, I wonder why :dangit: it would not surprise me at all if the Texans pull the upset :)

TheIronDuke likes this.
  18. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

I want to win becuase itd be fun saying we threw a hitch in NE's plans, and possibly could make them miss the playoffs or put more pressure on them. Theres nothing better than beating a team when the odds are stacked against you!

19. whotex8

whotex8 Rookie

A win of course...why would anyone wish for a loss for their team? Drafts never go the way the fans want them to go anyway. It's not as if we get a vote on it.

20. ensign_lee

ensign_lee Site Contributor

I would be doing this :marionaner: for the entire offseason, regardless of the results of the last two games.

However, I don't think that's gonna happen. :hides: