Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

How many of you aren't in Houston?

Where you at?

• Total voters
My Texan's connection? Well - back in England I used stay up pretty late and started casually watching football after years of criticising it as "rugby for softies in armor". I started watching properly in 2005, and toward the end of that season, I decided I needed a team to root for, and coming from a soccer background where everyone would bandwagon the biggest names such as Manchester United and Liverpool - I decided to make the most un-bandwagony team the one I'd follow.

Unfortunately for everyone here, the Texans happened to be on a roll toward a 2-14 record at that point - so Houston it was for me (although I already had a soft spot towards "Texan" football culture anyhow through things like the Friday Night Lights book/movie). I lurked around this forum for a while until I felt capable of contribution about football above "wow - that dude just got knocked the heck out!".

I have been to Houston once though - back in 2009 during a flight from DC to Vancouver I connected via IAH, and had the pleasure of sitting in the Fox Sports Bar for a few hours having a cold one, staring at the giant banner picture of David Carr, wondering how the heck no one had ripped it down in the 2 years since he left town.
Pretty cool picking such an unfashionable team, good for you.

In parts of the south we have a similar dish (without the shells) - shrimp and grits (which are just polenta):

img_1708.jpg

Chris, that looks fantastic!!

Escargot is disgusting. I've tried it several times be it in France, or here in Houston at La Tour D'argent on Ella or La Colombe d"or..... Either way, Snail, errr escargot sucks!!!

The thought of dog or cat is disgusting.... Horse, I can handle. Rattlesnake, alligator, etc., yes... I'm in!

Squirrel, no opossum, no! No insects...

oh so you joined last year, welcome!

:troll:
Haha, I actually thougt about that at one point. "Damn, I could have saved all the Rosencopter strife, the JJ muff anger in Baltimore and Ahman Green/Ed Reed paycheque donations". Picked the wrong 2-14 season eh?

Truth be told, seeing AJ go to town on the wee leprechaun from Tennessee made up for jumping on board half a decade early!
Pretty cool picking such an unfashionable team, good for you.
I pretty much wrote the "Hipsters Guide to Picking a Football Team" rule book, long before hipsters were even invented ;)

No shrimp and grits out here in Singapore, which is probably why I salivated looking at that picture. This is a fantastic eating city, though, and the food centre guys here could do some hellacious tailgating if they ever had a place to do it.

Once a year around Cinco de Mayo we host a big Tex Mex party, mostly for our other American friends who miss that one special cuisine Singaporean cooks just can't seem to get right. As a native of greater Houston who's been gone for over 15 years now, I really do miss my Tex Mex and my Weber smoker more than just about anything else.

Well, and kickoff times not at 1 AM too. I miss reasonable game times. Oh wait...and a winning team. Miss that brief era a lot also.

Why is Houston, the third highest percentage??? That says a lot and bodes well for the Texans fans, displaced or otherwise!

I live in DC. Well... Cheverly, MD to be exact. You? Where do you guys watch games?

I lived in Germantown. Recently moved up to Frederick. I'm a DTV guy so I watch at home. There use to be another guy on here but I haven't seen him on in forever.

Back