Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

How does this Young quote sound?

Hulk75 said:
Different freaking opinion, he wants the Titans to kill us, he wants Reggie to kill us, what the funk is that, Go Texans I guess.

I just want the Texans to see the mistake I believe they made. I was still upset when I wrote I wanted NO to kill the Texans and I do not want the Titan to beat the Texans till Vince is the quarterback. I am a Longhorn fan first and foremost. Long ago I like the NFL better; till I found out they could move the team (Just when I start getting back into the NFL with the Texans they pull this). Now I’m a Longhorn season ticket holder and go to Texans games only on Longhorn off weeks or late games. I will be in the stands when they are playing the Titans, if Vince is the quarterback I will root for the Titans while wearing my Longhorn gear. I’ve seen Vince Young play and know that he has to potential to be something truly great. He has leadership and ability.

Like I said ‘I hope Mario Williams has a great long career in the NFL’ and I hope the pick proves me and 90% of the rest of the country wrong. I just don’t see it happening.

Hulk75 said:
See that is what makes it fun, to see these guys on the BIG field, Vince is going to need more help then what is on that team now, dont be surprise if he does not do well the 1st couple of years, who knows he might.............Dont expect too much from a young QB on a team that is not very good, kind of reminds me of someone.:cool:

Personally I’m going to be upset if he plays more than a clean up role the first couple of years. I really hope they bring him along like they did Steve McNair. If he is playing right away, look for some quarterback rushing records to be broken along with possibly some of his bones.

mimartin said:
I will not be surprised if VY does back up his words. He did in college against a team that we all heard for the entire season was the best college team ever. USC was crowned national champs and the best ever before they even played Texas. I would have loved getting VY or even Bush, but the Texans are more concerned with MONEY than football (sounds like the former owner of a Houston Football Franchise. Oh sorry Bud, you did draft the best football player available.) We heard from the Texans for months they were going to draft the best football player (as a Longhorn Fan I thought that was VY). The Texans said it was Bush, so I gave them the benefit of the doubt having only seen him play in the Rose Bowl (wasn’t impressed with his decision making). Then they couldn’t sign him as cheaply as they wanted so they went to someone they could sign (CHEAP).

I hope Mario Williams has a great long career in the NFL. I only wish Vince Young backs up his mouth and destroys the Texans over his long career and the same for Reggie Bush. I hate Bud Adams, but I’m rooting for my Oilers again!
So I respond to this post that in my opinion was posted by a troll,( my definition of a troll is a non fan that comes onto the MB who admitts they are not a fan, and posts somthing that is only intended to flame or otherwise convey a negative attitude on the board) based on my definition I feel this poster is a troll. Responeded back with a typical anti-troll response. Nothing offensive, no get out or go back to tennapee or nothing insultive to his person. so with that said how is it that my post gets erased and this one is still on the board?

The simple fact that Vince Young now wears a Titan jersey, makes him the enemy. When he comes to Reliant Stadium, I want him crushed and pounded into the ground over and over again. Hell, I want all the Titans crushed and pounded into the ground.

I am a Texan fan, I hate the Titans and everyone in a Titan uniform.

gwallaia said:
The simple fact that Vince Young now wears a Titan jersey, makes him the enemy. When he comes to Reliant Stadium, I want him crushed and pounded into the ground over and over again. Hell, I want all the Titans crushed and pounded into the ground.

I am a Texan fan, I hate the Titans and everyone in a Titan uniform.

I love VY and cannot wait to watch him against the NFL. However, there will be two games per year, where I cannot wait to watch against the Texans. I expect him to elevate the emotions for both teams and look forward to our guys taking care of business.

TEXANRED said:
So I respond to this post that in my opinion was posted by a troll,( my definition of a troll is a non fan that comes onto the MB who admitts they are not a fan, and posts somthing that is only intended to flame or otherwise convey a negative attitude on the board) based on my definition I feel this poster is a troll. Responeded back with a typical anti-troll response. Nothing offensive, no get out or go back to tennapee or nothing insultive to his person. so with that said how is it that my post gets erased and this one is still on the board?
We can figure out what troll behaviour is. We are in the process of banning members for personal attacks. I am on 10 and will probably be reviewing posts for another day and expect that number to grow. Just because you see something you don't like, it doesn't mean you should engage in it yourself. Some posts may sit here for hours and hours since this is a time consuming process. The bans are all temporary fwiw. You do lose your post history though. We simply have too many members breaking the rules right now. It has to stop.

'eh, who can blame Vince? idonno: He really wanted to play here. It's admirable.

I'm afraid that we are going to dread facing him for a long, long time. Hopefully our no. 1 picks the last three years are up to the challenge.

But maybe this attitude of his can be used against him. :hmmm: Anger leads to the dark side....oh wait, he's already with Darth Bud, too late!

Double Barrel said:
'eh, who can blame Vince? idonno: He really wanted to play here. It's admirable.

I don't find it admirable. I think it comes across as childish.

His obsession with the Texans not picking him is getting old. His mother introducing herself to McNair since he wasn't picking her son was classless. Thanking Bud Adams for allowing him to come home to his "home crowd" so he can whup up on the Texans is arrogant.

Boo-hoo. You didn't get picked by the Texans. Maybe he should be worried more about reading an NFL defense and less about having his feelings hurt.

I think he needs to be thankful he went #3 in an NFL Draft. I think he needs to focus on his transition from college to NFL. Worry about the Texans when its time to worry about the Texans.

As for his quote, I think its a bit childish. But I know he will step up on gameday. He always has. Lets hope we can contain him. Demeco, and Williams will go a long way to making us a dominant defense that can handle Young, and many others.

I really don't think VY will be ready to be an NFL starter this year...
However, I do believe that he will start this year, ready or not.

Considering the fact that the Titans may be 1-5 and coming off a bye when we face them in week 8, he just may get his first start against us...

I thought Mario Williams was supposed to be the Peyton Manning stopper? :P

I doubt he could catch VY. We likely won't find out for at least a couple of years since Vince will need to sit.

In his interview last night (@ Reliant?) w/ Adams at his side, he said he was looking forward to "beating up" on the Texans!
I'm not a violent person, but I'm going to enjoy watching Mario, "Beat up" on Young!:texans:

Somebody mentioned this in another thread. I can't blam the guy for being disappointed in not being picked by his hometown team. I mean, dude is human like the rest of us, so I cut him some slack during this emotional time.

BUT, he is now our mortal enemy, and it will be an awesome rivalry in the coming years. Vince Young vs. Mario Williams twice a year! Hollywood can't write matchups like this! :thumbup

If he is buddy buddy with Fat Bastard Adams now, I will hate him. I hope he never learns to read a defense and lendale White ballons up to 280 and gets caught Michael Irvin style.

I have been watching the USC-Texas game repeatedly for days seeing 2 awesome players (reggie and VY) and their skills are unbelievable. At first I was pissed they were going to pass on VY because I know with his heart and passion to play for his hometown would become an awesome player within 2-3 years, but I moved on and welcomed Bush.

BUT THEN, they passed on Reggie Bush, a multi-talented player for someone (Mario) who im sure will do good and it just blew me away. Micheal Irvin said it best, "Are the Texans trying to make their fans Cowboys?"

In an article from CNN sportsline, Vince Young is quoted "I'm going to go after the Texans' guys for passing me up." That's all they get him as saying.

I believe him fellas!

"Jesus take the wheel"- C. Underwood

Dean 74 said:
adams/young have press conference here in HOUSTON?
give me a break.

I thought it was tacky, and Bud was rubbing it in our face. Hey Bud; "We PASSED on Young" Give me a break is right!!!!!!!!!

nflnutswife said:
I thought it was tacky, and Bud was rubbing it in our face. Hey Bud; "We PASSED on Young" Give me a break is right!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I can just see it now as Mario pulls a collapsable cup from under his shirt while Young is lying on the ground and says "This Bud's for YOU".

Ibar_Harry said:
Yes, I can just see it now as Mario pulls a collapsable cup from under his shirt while Young is lying on the ground and says "This Bud's for YOU".

I'd pay his penalty charge, just to SEE that!!!!!!!!!:redtowel:

"Uh, Hi Vince.....Oh! Have you met Mario Williams?"

In all actuality, with McNair leaving to what appears to be the Ravens, I don't think that Billy Volek will start for 3 years before VY is handed the reins. Wouldn't be too surprised at all if he was in there by week 9.

Glacier said:
I thought Mario Williams was supposed to be the Peyton Manning stopper? :P

I doubt he could catch VY. We likely won't find out for at least a couple of years since Vince will need to sit.

Super Mario's 40 time is only .15 seconds slower than Vince. I think he MAY have a shot at catching him every once in awhile. If not PBuc will definitely catch him and miss the tackle for us.

New_Texans said:
He will be though...he will be.:spy:

As I will be ready to find the image online with Mario standing over VY after a sack. I specifically need it for a friend of mine (a Titans fan) who strongly believes the following:

Vince Young = next Steve McNair
LenDale White = next Eddie George

Fiddy said:
Yeah I can see it now: Week 17, winner of the Titans/Texans game gets the last playoff spot in the AFC, the game is in Houston, Texans up by 4 and it's 4th and goal from the 6 yard line and VY does to Mario and Texans what he did to that DE that dived in the USC game, lol.
I predict the texans double their wins this season. That will not get them close to the playoffs.

Texans86 said:
I really do question where his mind is sometimes. Tunnel vision maybe, but he still has 14 other games a season, and usually those are more important.

Vince knows how to win. I don't think he will be looking past the other 14 games. At the same time, I bet he has a big red circle around the two Sundays that he will be playing the Texans. I really think this is a decision we will live to regret.

Dude why doesn't VY just the shut the **** up....i hate that guy for wanting to play on this 2-14 team so bad. Wanting to play for your home town city regardless how pathetic they have been for 4 years....what nerve.

Seriously though....we didn't draft him, and yes that was probably the best and definitely the safest decision. But its just pathetic how some of you take offense to this guy wanting to play here and publicly saying it. It makes no sense at all....Houston should be so lucky to have a guy on the national level continually express his desire to want to be here, and rep our city the way he has.

And kastofsna....i figured you would be shamed enough by all your completely wrong predictions about the draft to not show up here anymore....i'm embarrassed for you. have some pride and just return to miami's boards please.

stevo3883 said:
ive never seen someone so hell bent on tarnishing a great player. did vince impregenate your mom and then leave her or something?
what's this have to do with young?

also if he did do what you suggested, i'd be quite thrilled not to have a man with the intelligence of a 5th grader around as my step-dad.

Young should move on. It's great that he wanted to play here but it wasn't going to happen and everyone understood that.

If it was the most important thing in the world to him then I'd fully expect him to refuse to play for any other team in the NFL regardless of where they selected him. Then the Texans could have scooped him up with their last 7th round compensation pick. Seriously now guys, what's more important? tens of millions of dollars or the realization of a childhood dream?

For the Vince Young Defender Squad out there I was kidding.

Did anyone else notice his quote about how good the food was in Tenessee? Why did he say that. THey asked if he was happy to picked #3, and his response was something like, "Oh yeah, I love it there. I know a lot of people, and the food is good." Weird answer :)

It is great that the Titans bumbled the number 3 pick and took Young. They could have had a potentially great QB and blew it. This is great news for the Texans.

"I'm going to go after the Texans' guys for passing me up."

Alrighty, well good for him. I was hoping he wouldn't just sit back and wait for things to happen during a football game. Good for him he went to the Titans. If he couldn't make it with his first choice, I guess the Titans would be a good 2nd choice. :cool:

I think it'll advance our conference rivalry a little more in the coming years, which is fine with me. Personally, I ain't skeered. GO TEXANS!!!

geofb said:
It is great that the Titans bumbled the number 3 pick and took Young. They could have had a potentially great QB and blew it. This is great news for the Texans.

Wrong Young has thing's Matt will never have His leadership qualitys and sheer will to win no matter what the stage is, who the opponent or, how far his team is behind .......Vince Young is a beast on the field if you didn't like playing aginst steve mcnair in two years meet Steve Mcnair x 10.... Add to that his beloved city turned their backs on him now he has a chip on his shoulder the size of the astrodome ....he is gonna be a annual nightmare twice a year. Im not saying we made a bad decision i support the new coaches decision but this one is gonna come back to bite us in the you know where just wait and see

geofb said:

I know. Leinhart will be the better QB and the Titans will regret it. I bet you Leinhart is happy though because he's going to get to throw to some great recievers.

Vince Young said:
"I'm going to go after the Texans' guys for passing me up."

Remember the playoff game where Matt Hasselbeck said, "We want the ball and we're going to score." That was an unsuccessful callout at an opponent. Expect the same thing here.

with the cardinals O line Linert is gonna get crushed remember last year when the texans had a sack party aginst them

B.Diddy said:
with the cardinals O line Linert is gonna get crushed remember last year when the texans had a sack party aginst them

wow I forgot that they had such a horrible O line. They have barely even changed it since last year too and they only added Duece Latui in the offseason and that was during the draft. But they were one demensional last year and this year they have Edge so they will be able to open up the running game which will open up the passing game. With not knowing which type of play is going to be called by mixing it up the opposing defense will have to be more careful now than last year. :twocents:

Back