Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Houston Texans @ Jacksonville Jaguars. 11/27. 12 CT. CBS. **Official GameDay Thread**

I don't even know if it even matters what happens for us at QB.

We could go through 12 of them the rest of the season and I don't think it matters. It's useless to even try to figure this stuff out.

Whatever happens with 2011 happens, obviously. It's outside of anybody's control. The Texans look shell-shocked on OFFENSE. The defense is like, "We've been hosed for so long, we know what it's like to be held down and have to claw for everything...welcome to the club."

Our offense, and our head coach, while trying to NOT LOSE and trying to let the defense win the game off our built-up lead, they better get their **** together this week and figure some stuff out.

Next Sunday will be the defining moment, IMO. TJ Yates has to own the moment and show why he has Kubiak's faith. And Kubiak has to turn the kid loose and let him throw to all the routes.

This is maddening. Even if we win today, what will NEXT Sunday hold? Nobody knows. Florida: Texans QB Graveyard.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but, I can somewhat understand the need to be conservative at this point.
Somewhat conservative, I agree. But that doesn't mean essentially allowing the Jax defense to know what's coming on every play.

And if Yates is the starter next week, the playbook needs to be reopened.

Come on Kubes, point another 7 on the board and then put the back up Yates in so he can get him some playing time, oh wait never mind......

I'm fine with Kubiak trying to eek out this win. Who knows how many reps Yates has gotten during practice with the 1st teamers. I would rather him not go out there slinging it and throw picks to give Jacksonville a chance to get back in this. That pass he squeezed into Andre was scary, there were 4 guys around him and one guy that was in the throwing lane. Our defense is shutting down their anemic offense. Survive this game and you have a week to prepare Yates as the starter

Guys pull your heads out of your asses please, Kubiak is not going to do anything to put his ONLY QB in a situation to get sacked and hurt. He is doing exactly what any other coach in this situation would do, run, run, punt and rely on you #1 ranked defense to get you back to Houston with a win today

Somewhat conservative, I agree. But that doesn't mean essentially allowing the Jax defense to know what's coming on every play.

And if Yates is the starter next week, the playbook needs to be reopened.

Now how would they now its gonna be #23 up the middle?

I don't even know if it even matters what happens for us at QB.

We could go through 12 of them the rest of the season and I don't think it matters. It's useless to even try to figure this stuff out.

Whatever happens with 2011 happens, obviously. It's outside of anybody's control. The Texans look shell-shocked on OFFENSE. The defense is like, "We've been hosed for so long, we know what it's like to be held down and have to claw for everything...welcome to the club."

Our offense, and our head coach, while trying to NOT LOSE and trying to let the defense win the game off our built-up lead, they better get their **** together this week and figure some stuff out.

Next Sunday will be the defining moment, IMO. TJ Yates has to own the moment and show why he has Kubiak's faith. And Kubiak has to turn the kid loose and let him throw to all the routes.

This is maddening. Even if we win today, what will NEXT Sunday hold? Nobody knows. Florida: Texans QB Graveyard.

Thing is, I'm kind of tired of "defining moments" with this team. Ugh. We always have training wheels.

Here comes McCown. I feel really sorry for Leinart, he did all that was asked of him today and put us in a game winning position. Nothing too flashy but the big knock on him was about his forcing the big play, saw nothing of that out of him today and am sure he would have improved as the games went by.

Surely we need to give Brett Favre a call now, with Schaub having been IR'd I take it that free's up some cap space to pay him a good wedge for a couple of months work and an outside shot at a ring??

Yates has looked as good as you could hope for out of a 5th round rookie, but damn, he can't be starting down the stretch.

Kareem with the first bad play I've seen out of him in weeks, cue the overreactions on this board.

They have set themselves up to be totally ABOVE rebuke.

You're never going to find the Ref's Association dissing their refs. They always have some sort of explanation as to why the refs made the right call on a questionable play.

Never going to own up to this sort of stuff. Never.
Again agreed. Review of plays needs to be by a seperate crew upstairs. It is no reflection on the refs if somebody has hd hi speed camera views of the play. Hockey does it. Why cant the NFL?

This is why my signature pic remains until the end of 2011.

JDR makes a gutsy call and puts in McCown, trying to inspire his guys that "Hey, we can do this. Look at the Texans...they're giving up."

Meanwhile, Kubiak is turtling up with the bogus play calling. Typical.

This is why my signature pic remains until the end of 2011.

JDR makes a gutsy call and puts in McCown, trying to inspire his guys that "Hey, we can do this. Look at the Texans...they're giving up."

Meanwhile, Kubiak is turtling up with the bogus play calling. Typical.

Del Rio has great instincts as a coach. He knows when to make a change and when to push ahead.

Though, I kind of understand Kubiak taking it slow at this point.

Del Rio has great instincts as a coach. He knows when to make a change and when to push ahead.

Though, I kind of understand Kubiak taking it slow at this point.

I understand the taking it slow part - I don't understand why Kubiak doesn't at least change running backs.

It's harder to rely on your defense when they are on the field for almost the entire second half.

What, you don't think there's any repercussions to the Kubiak's offense-in-shell do you?

Jags now only down by 7 and we keep going three-and-out. :vincepalm:

I was almost past the fire Kubes crap. Then he pulls this. GO FOR THE WIN!!!!

I was tempted to pull my sig pic a few weeks ago when we were sitting at 7-3.

But today, even despite the injuries to Schaub and Leinart, a guy like Kubiak has to take some chances and show some faith.

He's trying to grind it out, hoping the defense will hold 'em.

I guess a win is a win....IF it works, btw.

But still, not having a 3rd QB active today was beyond excusable to me. Especially against the Jags defense. Unacceptable.

We'lllose this game. I'm calling it.

This one's for you:

300px-Kicked_in_the_nuts.jpg

Back