Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens. Noon. 1/15. **Official Divisional Playoff Thread**

playoffs_divisional_10_web.gif

The well-rested Baltimore Ravens claimed their first AFC North crown since 2006 thanks in large part to going undefeated at home for the first time in team history.

While home playoff games have been few and far between, the only time they won one led to a championship 11 years ago.

Seeking to end that drought and begin a run back to the Super Bowl, the Ravens look to improve to 6-0 all-time against the Houston Texans in a divisional playoff matchup Sunday.

Each of Baltimore’s seven postseason games during Harbaurgh’s tenure have been on the road, going 4-3. The Ravens haven’t hosted a playoff game since falling 15-6 to Indianapolis in the divisional round after the 2006 season, and their only previous postseason victory at home was a 21-3 wild-card win over Denver on Dec. 31, 2000.

That sparked their path to winning Super Bowl XXXV, and the Ravens believe Sunday could be the start of another memorable run.

The Texans, in the first postseason in franchise history, claimed their first playoff victory with a 31-10 rout of Cincinnati last Saturday.

Rookie T.J. Yates completed 11 of 20 passes for 159 yards, including a 40-yard touchdown to All-Pro wideout Andre Johnson.

Another strong effort from star running back Arian Foster would surely make things easier on Yates. Foster, fifth in the league with 1,224 rushing yards this season despite missing three games, had 24 carries for 153 yards and two TDs last weekend.

Foster, though, was held to 49 yards on 15 attempts at Baltimore earlier this season.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/preview;_ylt=AswJxsPtaSHZ0x_YjDNcrQ_dzYd4?gid=20120115033

2nkmpaf.jpg

x37as8.jpg

ra55wj.jpg

334ndk9.jpg

The Pick

The Ravens already beat the Texans once this season, back in Week 6, when Matt Schaub was still the No. 1 QB for Houston. Three months and two quarterbacks later, Houston's back in Baltimore with T.J. Yates at the helm.

Can the rookie handle the pressure of playing on the road? He'll have to be pretty much flawless to give his team a chance. Of course, Houston will try to limit his impact Sunday by leaning on its run game and defense, just as it's done all season long.

Baltimore will counter in kind, with lots of Rice, quick passes from Flacco and an occasional shot downfield.

It's been a great ride for Houston so far this season, and even with a depleted roster, the Texans have enough to give Baltimore a battle. But the Ravens are the better team and, barring a meltdown in front of their home fans, ought to move on to the AFC title game.

Baltimore 24, Houston 10

More picks: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...t-predictions-divisional-round?module=HP11_cp

What I want to see:

Come out throwing and keep them on their heels.

This is one of the smarter defenses you'll see in the NFL. As smart as they are, you don't want to give them anything easy. Feed OD, 80, and of course Arian in the pass game to keep them loose. They are a little suspect up top, so exploit that as well. They have a great D, but it can be beat.

Get massive pressure on that Muppet.

The Ravens have a good OL, but that doesn't mean Flacco can't be pressured. There were times we got to him in the first game, but we need to get more heat on him. He was able to complete a few deep balls, thanks to some good protection at times. Making Flacco eat dirt Sunday is imperative. He's a bit of a fumbler, as well, so looking for the strip will be something I'm sure we'll do.

Attack their strength: Run defense.

I know I said throw it early. I stand by that. However, don't go too far away from what got you here. Arian is still Arian, so use him often. Tate had some lanes when we saw B-More last, so let him run as well. Speaking of Tate, mix it up with him in the game. Like I mentioned, this is a very SMART defense. If you slip up, they'll sniff any play out.

Defend the deep ball and chop up Ray Rice.

Torrey Smith is a major deep threat. We know that, we've seen it. That being said, the man is not Randy Moss. Must find a way to end those deep balls with single coverage. Must limit him in the deep ball department. If that means putting J-Jo on him, so be it. Ray Rice is a great RB, so he must be stopped. Hit him hard and keep him bottled up. One thing about Rice in the postseason is he can get loose and borderline DOMINATE a game. Like I say during games: Chop 'em up.

BONUS: Whether you are at home, at a bar, you made the trip to B-More or you can't watch but you are following on a PHONE...BE LOUD!!

Fam, we haven't been in an AFC Divisional game in team history. This is your time to make your voice heard! Be loud, have fun, and rep that Battle red, deep steel blue and liberty white!

One Team. One goal. 1-0. LETS GET PLAYOFF WIN #2, GO TO NEW ENGLAND AND PLAY FOR A SPOT IN THE SUPER BOWL!!!!

LETS MUTHA ****IN' GO TEXANS!!!!!!

I don't know if I'm more surprised everyone picked the Ravens, or if everyone picked the Texans to only score 10.

Time to shock the world!

It's GAMEDAY Awwwwww Yeaaaaa!

There's always one upset in the divisionals, lets make Everyone look stupid for not giving us a chance.

Hard work is how underdogs become top dogs. There is no secret formula to defy expectations. The only thing that is a secret is how much work it takes to come out on top.

These dogs have worked too hard to come up anywhere but on top.

Go Texans!:texflag::pirate::texflag:

Get out there and get it done. We know we can. Andre needs to space the field and be security for TJ. The OL needs to block the hell out of everybody. We need to run outside. We need to take shots downfield to keep their defense honest and open up the field for runs. We need to use Dreesen, Daniels, and Casey. Walter needs to be at the ready for important catches. JJ has to give us good field position. Rackers needs to be cold-blooded. We need to take care of the ball no matter WHO has it. We need to control time of possession. We need to get seven as many drives as we can. We need to keep the defense fresh by sustaining long offensive drives. We need to smash the hell out of Flacco. We need to make sure Rice doesn't amass ridiculous amounts of yards. We need to play smart and not get any personal fouls or penalties. We need to dial in on Torrey Smith. We need to STAY HEALTHY.

Whoop their ass. Give 'em hell.

Foxboro Awaits.

So far... the home team has won all of the playoff games...

Home team - 6

Away team - 0

Let's make it 6-1.

Brisket fire stoked....I've got a headache from last night, but I'm ready to party! How about it Texans' fans?!

Well, the "good" thing is, we know we are going to New England for the AFCC. The "bad" thing is that we don't know who the "we" is yet.

I am looking more for a 49ers-Saints type of game than I am a Broncos-Patriots debacle. At least I hope so. Blowouts are boring, no matter who gets blown out. But I think it is going to be a hotly-contested affair.

My heart, and gut, says Ravens win, as they are a much better team at home and home field advantage is going to be huge for them. But the Texans are a good team and they have the ability to win. I guess we will see whether it all comes down to Yates' ability to handle the pressure of Baltimore's pass rush, and if Reed can bait him into a couple of picks.

Good luck regardless!

the run game for both teams is BIG time,,thats the key ,,,,control the ball..you know there has been alot of talk,,,,, about how this year,,had several teams,,,, NO,GB,NE,And maybe one more..with big passing games,but avg. defences..The old saying DEFENCES WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS..well SF showed that last night..even though NO played well on defence last night also,,season wise.........(this one is going to be close ,,hey were playing on House money here,,,know one ever expected us to be here anyway.,,,we weren`t picked to win last week,,so whats new.....So all that talk about how our Rookie is going to do......He didn`t expect to even suit up this year.i would be scared of a Rookie who has nothing to prove,,i would be scared of a team who is always picked as the underdog its FUEL baby..and would scared of CUSHING who wants the world to see he is the next Ray Lewis.he and ray are friends no disrespect thats who he always watched as a kid......damn i had to work or i would be at that game.......:pissed:

Here is to a very close entertaining game. For those of you lucky enough to be at the game, and even those watching at home or in a bar... feel proud to be an American, and give thanks and shake the hands of those who provide this freedom when you see them.

Theres nothing I like better than coming home from church and smelling blue ribbon sausage cooking.

I have to go to work today :( Got the DVR going & now I'll have a coffee in my Life's too short not to live it as a Texan mug :gotexans1

No one picking the Texans? Don't mind that at all.

If we win today, they won't pick us next week. If we were to win next week, they wouldn't pick us in the Super Bowl.

That's fine. I don't get my jollies off proving the media or other people wrong. They don't matter to me.

These guys just need to go out there and do what they know they can do. They can only beat themselves.

If we win today, they won't pick us next week. If we were to win next week, they wouldn't pick us in the Super Bowl.

That's fine. I don't get my jollies off proving the media or other people wrong. They don't matter to me.

These guys just need to go out there and do what they know they can do. They can only beat themselves.

I agree. Texans will be underdogs in every game from here on out mainly because of the Yates thing. If Schaub was playing I think some guys would be picking us to go all the way.

With that said though I actually like when they don't pick us. Feels like they go out and win the games when no one picks them.

Back