Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Get your pink soap here - double strength.

FIFY

Peter Schrager (NFL Insider for FS1) was on Cowherd yesterday. Said something pretty interesting: "I was told by two different NFL people that the Texans looked like a highschool team. The Houston Texans were making plays that you don't see on the college level on defense."

I disagree. I think we could take Kansas to the brink.

New logo and color scheme for the remainder of the season?

Oj2ZCj6.png

QS2tv3x.png

Edit:

Unis....

F0gI0Md.png

u1iRC1d.png

:thinking:

Last edited:
There is something to be said about being bred into greatness.

If anyone watched Belichick's "A Football Life", you'd see a man who was bred into the football life. He understood football at such a young age and had insight into the minds of football players and coaches that put him years ahead of his peers in terms of wisdom.

I don't care if the Packers are grooming Wolf. McNair should back up a Brinks truck to his house with keys to the franchise, and truly be a smart businessman by hiring him and truly be a smart fan by staying out of his way.
Here is the thing about Eliot Wolf, if you hire him, get out of his way, you will have a successful football team for the next 30 years.

Maybe miami will stomp NE tonight and it will make McNair think a change could make a difference.

Good thinking, but who would replace him off this staff? I would love to see Vrabel step in. That would be awesome! :stonecold: :jam:

You never know he could be a diamond in the rough.... although he eats diamonds in his Cheerios for breakfast. :littlelol: :aggressive:

What an absolutely astounding difference between the Patriots and Texans. Surely Bob is watching the Dolphin team that completly destroyed us 4 days ago being completly dominated tonight. There are many things wrong with the Texan organization and obviously the coaching staff and GM are the biggest problems.

I'll take mine out when OB decides what QB he wants to work with. If we go with Hoyer or any scrub back-up qb next season, my sig is staying.

Yeah I'm sticking with mine as well. We've shown signs of life, but are just now getting back to where we're supposed to be. We've also got the home stretch to worry about before I start believing O'Brien has a shot at being head coach material. My opinion on Smith isn't going to change, he needs to go.

O'B has made decisions that I never thought a professional HC would make. It's been amateur hour over there at times. But hey, wins are wins. Keep it up and I'll shut my trap about it. It's not inconceivable he would learn from his mistakes, but it's annoying that we as a fanbase and team have to take a step backward in terms of growth at the HC position. We had to live with Kubiak's rookie HC mistakes and now we're having to do it again with O'B, except his mistakes are so bad your common NFL fan knows better than to screw it up.

Maybe he's getting better. Maybe we'll look back at this season a few years from now and think he should have been fired after this one, like we do with Smithiak and the 2010 season. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Thought I'd own it rather than slinking off into a corner. I value stability in an organisation.

Im not slinking...see avatar. I still hope for some kind of change at GM and we damn well better make an honest investment in a qb of the future this offseason.

O'B has made decisions that I never thought a professional HC would make. It's been amateur hour over there at times. But hey, wins are wins. Keep it up and I'll shut my trap about it. It's not inconceivable he would learn from his mistakes, but it's annoying that we as a fanbase and team have to take a step backward in terms of growth at the HC position. We had to live with Kubiak's rookie HC mistakes and now we're having to do it again with O'B, except his mistakes are so bad you're common NFL fan knows better than to screw it up.

Maybe he's getting better. Maybe we'll look back at this season a few years from now and think he should have been fired after this one, like we do with Smithiak and the 2010 season. Time will tell.

I agree with you, but I'd honestly be shocked if McNair let O'Brien go after just two seasons. It takes a 2-14 season to get a HC stain out of Texans underwear. ;)

Now Rick Smith, on the other hand, needs to be fired or re-assigned. I think 10 years is plenty of time to evaluate the position. And if he stays put, then I feel convinced in my opinion of some kind of quasi-nepotism is in play on Kirby.

My biggest fear is this team finished 9-7 but misses the playoffs. It will be "just good enough" in McNair's mind not to change a damn thing even though it's really just another failed and wasted season. And it might be good enough for O'Brien to believe that he's got his QB in Hoyer. Just the thought makes my head hurt.

We've shown signs of life, but are just now getting back to where we're supposed to be. We've also got the home stretch to worry about before I start believing O'Brien has a shot at being head coach material.

I'm in the same boat. If we win the division, however that happens, then all's forgiven... Hoyer& all.

Im not slinking...see avatar. I still hope for some kind of change at GM and we damn well better make an honest investment in a qb of the future this offseason.

Far as I'm concerned Smith is irrelevant. He's going to get the coach the players he wants.

& I still feel like I did two years ago. If they don't see their guy, punt. But we better win. Whatever it takes to get to & be competitive in the playoffs. 9 wins, 11 wins. He better get it done.
I agree with you, but I'd honestly be shocked if McNair let O'Brien go after just two seasons. It takes a 2-14 season to get a HC stain out of Texans underwear. ;)

Then ill be disappointed in McNair. Especially if there's any truth to the rumor about infighting between OB & Rick. If he can't get along with a GM that gets him 70~80% of the players he wants... it'll never work with a GM that makes 100% personnel decisions.

If Rick "has" to go, they both need to go.

Now Rick Smith, on the other hand, needs to be fired or re-assigned. I think 10 years is plenty of time to evaluate the position. And if he stays put, then I feel convinced in my opinion of some kind of quasi-nepotism is in play on Kirby.
It's not just Smith's results by themselves. Look at what our old coaches are doing over in Denver, with a different GM. That, more than anything else, has convinced me that we need someone new.

I'm giving up the soap......

Thought I'd own it rather than slinking off into a corner. I value stability in an organisation.

I'm going half assed.

I'm quitting all the damn clubs in here. I reserve the right to say something one day and then say something completely opposite the next day, and mean it both times. And not be questioned about it either. I'm tired of this damn sh!t! Schizophrenics unite! Let's rule the world!!!!

I'm going to take the Les MIiles approach guys, I'll tell you during the 4th quarter of the last game..LOL

Why? Because I can Iol

we are at the Hardest part of our sechudle IMO

Bills on the road in the cold scare the crap outta me

SB Champs

Never won in indy

First time PLaying Marcus Maroita on the road in Nashville

and the jags always play us like its the AFC conference game

we are at the Hardest part of our sechudle IMO

Bills on the road in the cold scare the crap outta me
If you believe the forecast, temps will be in the upper 40's during gametime. Hopefully this will keep your crap internalized.

SB Champs
I'll grant you this one.

Never won in indy
With the possible exception of 2011,this will almost definitely be the worst Colts team the Texans have ever played in Indy.

First time PLaying Marcus Maroita on the road in Nashville
Shame on you for even including this in a post claiming to describe the hardest part of the schedule

and the jags always play us like its the AFC conference game
And once again...
6GJWk.gif

Cold doesn't bother me, but footing and moisture does. I really don't want to play a game in the trenches where we think we can get 3 1/2 yards a pop consistently better than they can. It's the kind of game I love when we have the right personnel, but we don't.

Buffalo is weak sauce. They have a bigger mouth than anything giving them whatever hype they've received this season. Do they have any impressive wins this season? They lost to the jags...

It's not just Smith's results by themselves. Look at what our old coaches are doing over in Denver, with a different GM. That, more than anything else, has convinced me that we need someone new.

I can't argue with that, except the same people who want to fire Smith are the same people who begged for Kubiak to get the axe.

Browns or Packers, that's who they want us to be. Nothing in between.

You know, I may be in the minority here but I always had a fear of the Oilers playing in cold weather and it kind of carried over to the Texans but I haven't seen the kind of complete collapse in the cold out of them that I used to see in the Oilers. I have no explanation for that. Just that games like the big win in Green Bay in 2008 and the Chicago win in 2012 stand out in my mind. There have been bad games too (New England in 2012 and 2013) but I usually don't associate those losses with cold weather. I associate them with getting beat by a team that was rolling toward the postseason while we were dealing with injuries.

I'm not worried about the weather in Buffalo. I'm worried about Brian Hoyer when he gets to Buffalo.

I'm quitting all the damn clubs in here. I reserve the right to say something one day and then say something completely opposite the next day, and mean it both times. And not be questioned about it either. I'm tired of this damn sh!t! Schizophrenics unite! Let's rule the world!!!!

You should start a club!

Back