Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Get your pink soap here - double strength.

Bulls on Parade

2017 Astros: Earn It!
Just give it to me straight guys. No BS!
If we finish 1-15 this year will that get Rick Smith fired?
And what about Bill O'Brien? Two years and he's gone?

speedfreek

All Pro
If this team finishes with less than 5 wins BoB had better be gone.

If not then Bob needs to go.. Does Cuban want an NFL team?

bah007

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't be on the fire OB train if he had done something to address the QB situation in the last two drafts .... besides Savage , he aint gonna save us.
But with the facts being as they are , OB got us Fitz , Hoyerable & Mullet instead of a quality prospect .... which sets the franchise back when he finally does get that guy because we have to wait for him to develop .... 2-3 years down the road. That is something I just cant accept ....
Add to that the fact that there are reports he's losing the locker room .... the cant make up my mind who's starting at QB , changing his mind more than a woman .... and the epic regression of the defense when it appeared they solved all their talent issues on that side of the ball .... Its just obvious to me he's in over his head.
Maybe he just didn't see anybody he liked the last two years. I can buy that, I guess. There aren't many QBs I like coming out in the draft these days either. He's gotta grab someone eventually though and time is running out. I can handle the waiting if it pays off. What I can't handle is the awful mismanagement while we continue to wait.

I'd still be on the OB train if we had kept Fitz here another year. He was actually a competent placeholder who could lead the team and would likely be a team-first guy when it came time to train his replacement.

Instead, we let him walk for freakin' Hoyer. What's the plan? Do we even have one?

Scooter

Funky
We're going to need something more heavy duty than just the double strength. It's probably about time for the 'kill it with fire' memes to show up.

bckey

All Pro
I'm in. This is embarrassing football. It looks like the players are lost out there and lack motivation. I'm all for firing O'Brien and Crennel. Smith should be out with them. They can't play any worse. Lets go for the trifecta. No more 1st time head coaches either once they start their search at the end of the season. Awful football. No wonder they can't build a fan base in Texas.

hradhak

Veteran
What do you guys think of lil Shanny over here?

He's at least doing well with the falcons offense. I'm a little concerned d with first time coaches but not sure who else to get

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
What do you guys think of lil Shanny over here?

He's at least doing well with the falcons offense. I'm a little concerned d with first time coaches but not sure who else to get
They scored 10 points against the Titans.

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
False Start , we may need to increase the potency of that stuff .... Napalm or maybe Nuclear Strength ?

scourge

Digression King
Got my soap, now. It's not the offense that I find offensive, there's nothing offensive about that unit... and I didn't expect much from them this season. It's the defense that pisses me off. They give up big plays, don't force any turnovers, and are one of the worst in the league in points allowed.

speedfreek

All Pro
McNair needs to drive a brinks truck full of money, blow, and whores over to
Harbaugh's house in Michigan -- AND BEG -- him to come and coach this team..

Also needs to ask Daryl Morey if he has a cousin that knows something about
GM'ing football..

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.

Requirements:

Two pairs of black shirts.
Two pairs of black pants.
One pair of combat boots.
Two pairs of black socks.
One black jacket.
$300 personal burial money.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
There is something to be said about being bred into greatness.

If anyone watched Belichick's "A Football Life", you'd see a man who was bred into the football life. He understood football at such a young age and had insight into the minds of football players and coaches that put him years ahead of his peers in terms of wisdom.

I don't care if the Packers are grooming Wolf. McNair should back up a Brinks truck to his house with keys to the franchise, and truly be a smart businessman by hiring him and truly be a smart fan by staying out of his way.

BetaV1

Rookie
Peter Schrager (NFL Insider for FS1) was on Cowherd yesterday. Said something pretty interesting: "I was told by two different NFL people that the Texans looked like a highschool team. The Houston Texans were making plays that you don't see on the college level on defense."

I disagree. I think we could take Iowa State to the brink.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
Lets hope we don't need "Black Hole Strength" .... Sucks the Suck out of everything.
Couldn't get it even if we tried. Raiders hoarded all of that right before their last Super Bowl appearance. It had "unintended consequences" to say the least.

Last edited: