Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Gamecenter: Texans at Cowboys

STEEL BLUE TEXANS said:
Still celebrating your preseason win ...LOL...more stupidity?

It's all they can celebrate, don't be so hard on him. no, on second thought rip him apart.

This is guy is hilarious. Says a lot about a "man" (obviously debatable) that would rather troll on this board for attention that "he" obviously craves/needs rather than go to "his" team's board and relish in this enormous preseason victory. First thing I'm doing tomorrow is calling my folks and saying, "Thank You." I couldn't imagine feeling the need to do what this "guy" is doing. Wow.

Master Po said:
This is guy is hilarious. Says a lot about a "man" (obviously debatable) that would rather troll on this board for attention that "he" obviously craves/needs rather than go to "his" team's board and relish in this enormous preseason victory. First thing I'm doing tomorrow is calling my folks and saying, "Thank You." I couldn't imagine feeling the need to do what this "guy" is doing. Wow.

You mean you didn't go the raider's board and do the same thing last week?

ROYDESTROY said:
Honestly, the game that ended 21-9..lets be honest about this matter. Ware, Glover, Ellis, Burnett were in the backfield if not in sack it was constant pressure. This led to forced and sloppy passes from Carr if you were honest.

Again, what game were you watching? Carr faced very little pressure all night. The only sack on him was one that was nearly at the LOS when Carr stepped up into the arms of Ware. Where as there were plenty of plays where the Texans defense got pressure on Bledsoe. Not as much as I'd like, but still they forced him into quick decisions (not exactly his best attribute).

ROYDESTROY said:
Actually Flozell Adams LT missed the block with only 1 sack on Bledsoe ALL night. Larry Allen is still our best lineman so that does nothing to bother me. No one is claiming both teams were perfect but you must admit out of the two teams playing..yours looked much worse indeed.

Your a new troll here so I'm going to assume you don't know what :rolleyes: means. Just for clarifcation it helps to indicate sarcasm. I realize Adams isn't your best OLineman just trying to illustrate how irritating it is when an opposing fan identifies someone as your best OLineman who isn't even in the top 3. For future reference you can make a case that Pitts, Weigert, and Wade are our best OLineman.

ROYDESTROY said:
Your offense was "just Off" because it was pressured..we put down a better passing team last week as well..I give you the fact some things were off for Carr but much had to do with pressure wether it was sacks or a D-lineman.

That better passing team was the Seattle Seahawks who oddly enough were beaten by a Rams team that is anything but stout defensively three times.

ROYDESTROY said:
Our Special teams were horrid and there are questions on Cortez (Cundif) our kicker was released due to injury..Marler failed his physical..but last week Cortez was 4-4. They will bring in competition soon when teams start cutting the numbers.

There was a reason that SF let Cortez go, and as far as making a move the Tuna better make one pretty quickly since he's got one preseason game left. Not a lot of time to evaluate and find a starting kicker.

ROYDESTROY said:
You guys need to take it like good sports just as we did the last few years..be honest you got spanked..thats all. But you cannot honestly say your QB was just "off" and begin to make excuses for your team. Go read the Cowboy forums they are brutal on the Cowboys even after the last two wins.

Again I have no problem admitting we lost to the Cowboys, and our offense looked awful. I don't consider giving up one TD to the 1st string offense as a spanking. Just as I'm sure you wouldn't consider losing 19-10 to an expansion team a spanking. I have no doubt there are many on the Boys messageboard that are hard on their team. We have plenty here as well that are hard on our team. It goes with the territory.
ROYDESTROY said:
Homer glasses off...both teams need work...but we win this one.
:pigfly:

Homer glasses or beer googles, but this was the most sensible thing you've said so far.

ROYDESTROY said:
So I am a troll for razing you guys back..thats what is sad...I am messin around not disrespecting people. You guys are ruthless on Jones..BP and Dallasfans..guess it only goes one way

Again since you joined the message board, I'm assuming today, you obviously haven't seen how we respond to respectful Dallas fans like I've mentioned before. They're still rabid supporters of their Cowboys, but they tend to actually debate topics as opposed to trying to instigate a flame war with other posters. Call me crazy, but when your first few posts are full of homer drivel you tend to get tagged as a troll until you actually contribute to the discussions on the board. We have a mix of fans from various NFL teams on this board and many of them contribute good thoughts and opinions while still supporting their team. Along with the good posters we get a few trolls from various teams now and then that spout off before/during/after a game and then turn tail and run afterwards. If you don't want to be pegged as a troll then I suggest you try to actually contribute your thoughts and input into a discussion. We're always open for a good objective debate here on this board.

Here's my "thoughts and input":

Both teams sucked. It was very dissappointing.
Moving Johnson around is screwing him up (and maybe Carr too). Maybe he'll get the hang of it later.
For one series in the whole first half, the Cowboys offense killed us.
Houston has the superior special teams play and there's no doubt about it.
The second half was irrellevent.

As far as I'm concerned, Dallas won this game 7-0 and our offense can't even blame it on the line. Car and his receiving corps looked like morons. I'm sure they'll be burning up to prove it was an epiphany.

Mathis is WAY better at returning than Buchannon and Morency should be #2, not 3. But then I thing he already is?

Peek got to Bledsoe, but that's nothing to brag about.

LMAO, I was watching ESPN highlights and after they showed them they said "And the rookie everyone was looking at, Demarcus Ware, got a sack. He's really something huh." Jeezus, get off his ****.

BIG LARRY ALLEN WAS BULLDOZING THOSE TEXAN DEFENSIVE PLAYERS . WHAT ARE TEXANS GOING TO DO. :texflag:WARE WAS ALSO TEARING THRU THE OFFENSIVE LINE LIKE SWISS CHEESE. CAPERS NEED DO DO SOMETHING FAST. :texflag:

tomm said:
BIG LARRY ALLEN WAS BULLDOZING THOSE TEXAN DEFENSIVE PLAYERS . WHAT ARE TEXANS GOING TO DO. :texflag:WARE WAS ALSO TEARING THRU THE OFFENSIVE LINE LIKE SWISS CHEESE. CAPERS NEED DO DO SOMETHING FAST. :texflag:
okay, pay attention to the thread. ware got one sack, and carr almost got back to the line. and allen gave up a sack too.

tomm said:

I didn't see ware tearing thtough our Oline. I thought Riley contained him well. That one play where Ware actually got through , Pitts came over to help, but Carr stepped up into him.

Is Riley doing well this offseason? I mean from what I heard when the team picked him up he was out of shape and not ready to play.

I'm up here in KS and could not watch the game. Bad game for me, good one for my wife. Oh well... it WAS just preseason. I understand we are seeing some of the same stuff we've been seeing for the past three years, but hopefully Capers will crack the whip and get the boys rollin'!

:texflag:

Back