Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Gamecenter: Texans at Cowboys

I am not worried about Carr. Our first team defense did well again. Our O line protected Carr again. Our top 2 RB's did well. I have been thinking since the game was over as far as Carr goes. Andre dropped 3 passes. The passes Carr threw that were way off were all to Bradford, coincidence maybe. And one of his INT's was in Matt Murphy's hands. I am not making excuses here it's only preseason, but maybe Carr's play wasn't as bad as some of us are thinking...

Carr didnt look to hot tonight... Alot of inaccurate passes and 2 picks. One of those picks was all Murphys fault tho. High points of the game for us was the o line looking pretty good, and the def was SOLID. I hope Carr can pull himself together before the game against Tampa Thursday.

I thought DC looked pretty sharp except for the int in the endzone. He looked right on target for the most part and was really slinging it. It's just fun to watch him throw, but he probably could use more touch at times like the aforementioned int where he should have lofted it more. The times he was off it looked like he was just in a rush to throw it away rather than take a hit in the preseason. He looks poised for a big year but it was frustrating watching him have basically one target. I think when he gets Gaffney and Armstrong back it will be a bigger lift than most think. All in all the line looked good and if it weren't for all the penalties they would have easily been in scoring position on several occasions. I came away very impressed despite the first half shutout.

Davis37 said:
Carr didnt look to hot tonight... Alot of inaccurate passes and 2 picks. One of those picks was all Murphys fault tho. High points of the game for us was the o line looking pretty good, and the def was SOLID. I hope Carr can pull himself together before the game against Tampa Thursday.
one of the picks was because a receiver was bobbling it

My take on the game:

a) way too many penalities. Parcells mentioned in his post game interview that "that crew" calls alot of penalities and he expected them to do just that and they did. I think sometimes they just need to let the guys play.

b)the Texans have very good special teams. The Cowboys don't.

c)Roy Williams is a game changing safety.

d)I thought the Texans seemed off offensively tonight for some reason. Something just didn't seem right. Carr had a bad game but you can do that in preseason when you're David Carr. He'll be fine.

Just another preseason game. I sure wish they'd cut out so many preseason games and add some to the regular season.

texan279 said:
I am not worried about Carr. Our first team defense did well again. Our O line protected Carr again. Our top 2 RB's did well. I have been thinking since the game was over as far as Carr goes. Andre dropped 3 passes. The passes Carr threw that were way off were all to Bradford, coincidence maybe. And one of his INT's was in Matt Murphy's hands. I am not making excuses here it's only preseason, but maybe Carr's play wasn't as bad as some of us are thinking...

What A Homer answer...if Dallas does not botch on special teams the Texans are shut out. Carr looked horrid..Ware/Burnett blew past you best O-lineman..and be honest..you got your arse handed to your....be honest..you got spanked..
:pigfly: :tv: :bomb:

ROYDESTROY said:
What A Homer answer...if Dallas does not botch on special teams the Texans are shut out. Carr looked horrid..Ware/Burnett blew past you best O-lineman..and be honest..you got your arse handed to your....be honest..you got spanked..
Congrats, you have a pre-season victory...now go claim your Super Pre-Season trophy.

We still hold the edge, 19-10 ring a bell?. We stil have another year to bask in our glory. :texflag:

ROYDESTROY said:

And on this note...I will go to bed thanking the Lord that I am not this guy. What a seriously huuuuuuuge break for me.

TEXANS84 said:
Congrats, you have a pre-season victory...now go claim your Super Pre-Season trophy.

We still hold the edge, 19-10 ring a bell?. We stil have another year to bask in our glory. :texflag:

Enjoy the time sensitive defeat categorically..ooohhh...it hurts...deep wound ..ring a bell...check out sportscenter..oh...by the way..It will be rebroadcast on the NFl Network 7pm...Enjoy the Ride ....Yee HaaW Says Jerrah..LOL :pigfly: :tv:

ROYDESTROY said:
Enjoy the time sensitive defeat categorically..ooohhh...it hurts...deep wound ..ring a bell...check out sportcenter..oh...by the way..It will be rebroadcast on the NFl Network 7pm...Enjoy :pigfly: :tv:
You obviously started watching football yesterday.

perry0909.jpeg

We hold the trophy, you know...the one for the game that actually counts. But go ahead and bask in your glory of a pointless pre-season game. But I understand, because your 6 win season next year will probaly get you a wild card in the extremely weak NFC.

Master Po said:
And on this note...I will go to bed thanking the Lord that I am not this guy. What a seriously huuuuuuuge break for me.

And I am Sure The Lord will appreciate your attitude and approach to a fellow human..who obviously is juxtaposed to your sensabilities...but a human nevertheless..the good Lord loves that approach..sleep well.
:pigfly: :pigfly: :tv:

TEXANS84 said:

perry0909.jpeg

We hold the trophy, you know...the one for the game that actually counts. But go ahead and bask in your glory of a pointless pre-season game. But I understand, because your 6 win season next year will probaly get you a wild card in the extremely weak NFC.

Sorry..but that personal attack simply will not do...enjoy the spanking..I read your boastful in-house comments and now you eat your words.
:pigfly: :tv:

Its not the trophy we care for..we have 5 ...what do you have by way of sniffing a SB? You have been around a little while know with little to no success the new franchise tag is wearing off...thats what I thought..LOL :pigfly: :tv:

ROYDESTROY said:
Enjoy the time sensitive defeat categorically..ooohhh...it hurts...deep wound ..ring a bell...check out sportscenter..oh...by the way..It will be rebroadcast on the NFl Network 7pm...Enjoy the Ride ....Yee HaaW Says Jerrah..LOL :pigfly: :tv:

Seriously, is your life so pathetic that you have to come home from the bar and get on a computer (mom's?) to troll and try to antagonize Texan fans over a PRESEASON game wherein your girls played the first string longer?! Don't get me wrong....I'd have loved the Texans to win this game, but if they had, I take solace (is that too fancy of a word for a Dallas fan?) in the fact that I sure as hell wouldn't act like the attention whore/***** that you are. Have a good one.

ROYDESTROY said:

What game were you watching? Ware only got past Riley (who isn't our best OLineman BTW) once, and got a gimme sack. Other than that Riley did a pretty good job against him all night. Burnett got to Banks, but that was after the first team OLine was out I believe. Nice how you forgot to mention Peek getting past "your best OLineman" Adams :rolleyes: to sack Bledsoe. It looks as though Adams hesitates and can't decide whether to pick up Dunta or Peek, and lets Peek between him and Allen. The Texans OLine did there job. The offense was just off tonight. BTW Heard the Boys deal to obtain Marler (sp?) from the Jags fell through. They'd better pick up a K soon because Cortez didn't look too good.

Master Po said:
Seriously, is your life so pathetic that you have to come home from the bar and get on a computer (mom's?) to troll and try to antagonize Texan fans over a PRESEASON game wherein your girls played the first string longer?! Don't get me wrong....I'd have loved the Texans to win this game, but if they had, I take solace (is that too fancy of a word for a Dallas fan?) in the fact that I sure as hell wouldn't act like the attention whore/***** that you are. Have a good one.

Go read through your Texans/Cowboys thread..look at all the pathetic homerisms and childish remarks..you were participating so stop hating boo :)

I am not trolling..I just called a win a win.."girls" language means you are childish and only hate the matter when your teams gets spanked..grow up.

eeewww Cowboy fans cannot understand the primary school word "solace" another personal attack? Boy that is qiute a few Ad Hominem abusive fallacies when you claim to be "not childish"..Grow up you got spanked..End of discusiion...the replay is tomorrow at 7PM

ROYDESTROY said:
Go read through your Texans/Cowboys thread..look at all the pathetic homerisms and childish remarks..you were participating so stop hating boo :)

I am not trolling..I just called a win a win.."girls" language means you are childish and only hate the matter when your teams gets spanked..grow up.

eeewww Cowboy fans cannot understand the primary school word "solace" another personal attack? Boy that is qiute a few Ad Hominem abusive fallacies when you claim to be "not childish"..Grow up you got spanked..End of discusiion...the replay is tomorrow at 7PM

I participated by giving occasional play by play. You are the definition of a "troll." You would never have logged on here (and made your first post) if the girls would've lost this PRESEASON game. "Spanked?" Whatever makes you sleep easier I guess. Enjoy the season.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS said:
A 33 yr old man trolling a message board. This has to be one of the most pathetic things I have ever seen.

Agreed. But hey....cut the guy some slack....he's a Cowboy fan and they just "spanked" the Texans in a preseason game. Gotta call for a celebration, right?

TEXANS84 said:

perry0909.jpeg

hey hey hey, its one thing to trash the cowboys, but dont mess with the nfc!

ROYDESTROY said:

Homerisms, ha. what happened to the Demarcus Ware is God trolls? your first team offense looked pathetic except for one drive, and your QB was on. Carr had a horrible game, was way off, definitely not the norm. your special teams were absolutley horrible might i add. 1 muffed kick, 1 kick to the left, and 200 plus return yards on your team, including a 103 yard return.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS said:
A 33 yr old man trolling a message board. This has to be one of the most pathetic things I have ever seen.

We tend to get them in all shapes and sizes. The 30 + year old trolls are a bit more rare though. We've got quite a few respectful Cowboys fans on this board who actually contribute to discussions as opposed to trolling (DFan, Huge, HBTC, WWJD, etc.) I guess every fan base has it's trolls though.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS said:
hey backoff, this is huge for cowboys fans, they don't win games often!

texasguy346 said:
What game were you watching? Ware only got past Riley (who isn't our best OLineman BTW) once, and got a gimme sack. Other than that Riley did a pretty good job against him all night. Burnett got to Banks, but that was after the first team OLine was out I believe. Nice how you forgot to mention Peek getting past "your best OLineman" Adams :rolleyes: to sack Bledsoe. It looks as though Adams hesitates and can't decide whether to pick up Dunta or Peek, and lets Peek between him and Allen. The Texans OLine did there job. The offense was just off tonight. BTW Heard the Boys deal to obtain Marler (sp?) from the Jags fell through. They'd better pick up a K soon because Cortez didn't look too good.

Honestly, the game that ended 21-9..lets be honest about this matter. Ware, Glover, Ellis, Burnett were in the backfield if not in sack it was constant pressure. This led to forced and sloppy passes from Carr if you were honest.

Actually Flozell Adams LT missed the block with only 1 sack on Bledsoe ALL night. Larry Allen is still our best lineman so that does nothing to bother me. No one is claiming both teams were perfect but you must admit out of the two teams playing..yours looked much worse indeed.

Your offense was "just Off" because it was pressured..we put down a better passing team last week as well..I give you the fact some things were off for Carr but much had to do with pressure wether it was sacks or a D-lineman.

Our Special teams were horrid and there are questions on Cortez (Cundif) our kicker was released due to injury..Marler failed his physical..but last week Cortez was 4-4. They will bring in competition soon when teams start cutting the numbers.

You guys need to take it like good sports just as we did the last few years..be honest you got spanked..thats all. But you cannot honestly say your QB was just "off" and begin to make excuses for your team. Go read the Cowboy forums they are brutal on the Cowboys even after the last two wins.

Homer glasses off...both teams need work...but we win this one.
:pigfly:

texasguy346 said:
We've got quite a few respectful Cowboys fans on this board who actually contribute to discussions as opposed to trolling (DFan, Huge, HBTC, WWJD, etc.) I guess every fan base has it's trolls though.
the names you mentioned are the guys that always respond to my posts! I thought I was just getting crap for beaing an eagle fan.

atxcoolguy said:
Homerisms, ha. what happened to the Demarcus Ware is God trolls? your first team offense looked pathetic except for one drive, and your QB was on. Carr had a horrible game, was way off, definitely not the norm. your special teams were absolutley horrible might i add. 1 muffed kick, 1 kick to the left, and 200 plus return yards on your team, including a 103 yard return.

You get whipped and say this? Hello 21-9
:tv:

Your team does not score unless we botch special teams..do you say this during the season too?

ROYDESTROY said:
Honestly, the game that ended 21-9..lets be honest about this matter. Ware, Glover, Ellis, Burnett were in the backfield if not in sack it was constant pressure. This led to forced and sloppy passes from Carr if you were honest.

Actually Flozell Adams LT missed the block with only 1 sack on Bledsoe ALL night. Larry Allen is still our best lineman so that does nothing to bother me. No one is claiming both teams were perfect but you must admit out of the two teams playing..yours looked much worse indeed.

Your offense was "just Off" because it was pressured..we put down a better passing team last week as well..I give you the fact some things were off for Carr but much had to do with pressure wether it was sacks or a D-lineman.

Our Special teams were horrid and there are questions on Cortez (Cundif) our kicker was released due to injury..Marler failed his physical..but last week Cortez was 4-4. They will bring in competition soon when teams start cutting the numbers.

You guys need to take it like good sports just as we did the last few years..be honest you got spanked..thats all. But you cannot honestly say your QB was just "off" and begin to make excuses for your team. Go read the Cowboy forums they are brutal on the Cowboys even after the last two wins.

i thought spanked was more than 12 points in a real game. but anyway, how's your mom doing, was she mad you got home past your curfew?

ROYDESTROY said:

dallas sucks. as me and a bunch of eagle fans chanted last season after we stomped you, go **** a cow

texasguy346 said:
We tend to get them in all shapes and sizes. The 30 + year old trolls are a bit more rare though. We've got quite a few respectful Cowboys fans on this board who actually contribute to discussions as opposed to trolling (DFan, Huge, HBTC, WWJD, etc.) I guess every fan base has it's trolls though.

So I am a troll for razing you guys back..thats what is sad...I am messin around not disrespecting people. You guys are ruthless on Jones..BP and Dallasfans..guess it only goes one way

ROYDESTROY said:
Not lately..just like The Eagles in the SB win department in their entire history..sorry had too :)
oh like we all havnt heard a cowboy fan make a comment like that before, go ahead get it out of your system

ROYDESTROY said:
Not lately..just like The Eagles in the SB win department in their entire history..sorry had too :)

Well i guess it's alright to live in the past when you have no future.

bcwray said:
oh like we all havnt heard a cowboy fan make a comment like that before, go ahead get it out of your system

Is it true? simple question? You fall is coming..some honest Eagles fans admit cracks are developing..can you?

ROYDESTROY said:
Is it true? simple question? You fall is coming..some honest Eagles fans admit cracks are developing..can you?

funny hearing a cowboy fan use the word crack.

Back