Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Game 9...Keenum Krumbles...Denver Broncos!

So willl DT tell us all about their playbook, gameplan, audibles - or is there something like a gentlemens Agreement, that you don't do this to your oldTeam, when you Play them several days after a trade?

So willl DT tell us all about their playbook, gameplan, audibles - or is there something like a gentlemens Agreement, that you don't do this to your oldTeam, when you Play them several days after a trade?
Your guess is as good as anybody's.

he's a tweener...leaning more towards a back up.
He's a tweener alright. In that regard, he's also like Wilson, Brees, Manziel, or Mayfield.

But he was 3- 2 for the Rams, and relegated Foles to the bench (Foles was 4-7) in 2015.
He was 4-5 for them in 2016 while Goff batted 0 fer.
And he won 13 games last year.
Sure, he's only 3-5 this year, but I was saying that the Broncos were likely a 7-win team this year if the Chiefs and the Chargers play as I had expected them to, and so far they have.

And worse if their defense can't get back to top ten form (with Chubb as the first round pick.)

Well said.

I think it will be a shoot out too coming down to turnovers. Texans can shut down the run and Denver has a tough pass defense.

Texans should hope they muster up a pass defense with all their injuries otherwise Case may have a career day.
Both teams have leaky pass protection for different reasons, so yeah, I think who can do a better job masking it, will stand a better chance to avoid the costly turnover(s).

If not, we can still see a high-scoring game, but more likely due to turnovers, LOL.

Bringing in Thomas was a plus for Houston and a negative for Denver. Denver and Keenum will have to rely on young, unproven wide receivers while Houston gets the benefit of a good veteran with similar skills to Hopkins with a little more speed. He doesn't have the burner speed of Fuller, but he's still quite fast. This changes things as far as adding to the Texans and taking away from the Broncos. Now, the Broncos will have to rely on their running game even more which means all Houston has to do is key on that and shut the Broncos offense down.
The point spread just got bigger for Houston.
Texans 42
Broncos 17

Bringing in Thomas was a plus for Houston and a negative for Denver. Denver and Keenum will have to rely on young, unproven wide receivers while Houston gets the benefit of a good veteran with similar skills to Hopkins with a little more speed. He doesn't have the burner speed of Fuller, but he's still quite fast. This changes things as far as adding to the Texans and taking away from the Broncos. Now, the Broncos will have to rely on their running game even more which means all Houston has to do is key on that and shut the Broncos offense down.
The point spread just got bigger for Houston.
Texans 42
Broncos 17
To me, DT had lost some of his explosiveness and speed.

Look at his route chart on NextGen Stats.
He doesn't even run that many routes beyond 20 yards anymore.

It's Sanders and Sutton running those routes.
And Keenum had the longer Completion Air Yard (LCAD) so far this year over Watson.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#yards

It's a mistake to think that the Broncos don't go long, even as Keenum doesn't have that much time to throw from the pocket.

Take the IAY (intended air yard) and divide it by the TT (time to throw), you'll also see that Keenum and Watson are neck to neck in Air Yard per second allowed to throw.

Granted, Watson does have to scramble a little more; I still don't see DT having a better speed than Hopkins right now.
He also lost some quickness and physicality, and can hardly create separation by himself.

He'll get more targets here; let's hope he doesn't drop too many of them (6 already on the year).

And BTW, I don't think the Texans have coped well with the altitude in Mile High Stadium.

For the record I'm just now learning about the trade, don't care a thing about it, and still think the Texans suck and I'm not watching them.

<and I hope Karma continues to acknowledge this by rewarding them and the rest of you with positive things>

Taking one for the team

You're to be commended.

For the record I'm just now learning about the trade, don't care a thing about it, and still think the Texans suck and I'm not watching them.

<and I hope Karma continues to acknowledge this by rewarding them and the rest of you with positive things>

Bwhahaha too funny

Matt Schaub and his 4 TD's disagree with you.
Osweiler's 130 passing yards probably agrees with you.
You're right.
Good ole Play Action fake off the ZBS.
That was provably Walter's longest TD, wasn't it?
The one where he caught the ball about 40 yards out and scampered for another dozen or so into the end zone? LOL.

I still haven't missed a game.
Though I did have to use a replay once while on a trip.
But I hear ya.

You're right.
Good ole Play Action fake off the ZBS.
That was provably Walter's longest TD, wasn't it?
The one where he caught the ball about 40 yards out and scampered for another dozen or so into the end zone? LOL.
Fun game to watch. Hell the Texans were up 31 -11 going into the 4thQ. Andre had a 60 yarder and Walter had a 50 yarder. And Schaub lost his ear.

Thanks for "taking one for the team"
:D

Just 3 more days until kick off! Let's hope Thomas and Coates can pick up the slack and take pressure off of D Hop.
That running game of the Texans needs to keep it up and the D has got to contain the Broncos running game.

Let's Git'r Done!
Go Texans!

He hasn't practiced sense camp, would they really throw him out there with 0 practices under his belt?
He played in preseason in one game.
Been back at practice for the third time this week, I think.
He should know the playbook and the game plan at least.
Maybe 10-20 snaps, defending the run or a blitz or two.

On another note, their no. 2 CB Roby is out. Brock and Pacman are still somewhat iffy.
Could be a good time to spring DT.

He played in preseason in one game.
Been back at practice for the third time this week, I think.
He should know the playbook and the game plan at least.
Maybe 10-20 snaps, defending the run or a blitz or two.

On another note, their no. 2 CB Roby is out. Brock and Pacman are still somewhat iffy.
Could be a good time to spring DT.

as far as I know if he is on IR which the article says he will be until either today or tomorrow, and if you are on IR you can't practice with the team.

Kind of worries me about him trying to "blast" somebody. He got numerous penalties in D.C. for head hunting, hopefully he plays smart instead of dirty

as far as I know if he is on IR which the article says he will be until either today or tomorrow, and if you are on IR you can't practice with the team.

Kind of worries me about him trying to "blast" somebody. He got numerous penalties in D.C. for head hunting, hopefully he plays smart instead of dirty
He had already returned to practice 2 weeks ago. (Oct 15).
https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/cravens-hopes-his-return-will-provide-the-edge-the-broncos-need

I guess the IR thing is just for the actual game.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25159134/denver-broncos-activate-sua-cravens-injured-reserve

The only chance Denver has is Von Miller and Bradley Chubb. They are the only guys that can keep Deshaun down. I don't think they will be enough.
Those two are my biggest concern - good pass rushes have been a problem for our line and DW4 this season.

would hate to have a fringe or Bronco player trying to impress coach by hurting player to get a Texan out of game with late hit or similar.

Texans' defense readying for strong Broncos running game
Aaron Wilson , Houston Chronicle Nov. 2, 2018

Although the Broncos have a losing record and an offense way too prone to turnovers with former Texans quarterback Case Keenum having thrown 10 interceptions, they have built a strong running game.

The Broncos rank seventh in the NFL in rushing offense, averaging 133.1 yards per contest.

Undrafted rookie running back Phillip Lindsay has gained 531 yards and is averaging 5.7 yards per carry.

Lindsay, who has 18 receptions for 136 yards and one score and three rushing touchdowns, has run for 185 yards over the past two games.

Lindsay is a 5-8, 190-pound Denver native who set the school record with 5,760 all-purpose yards at Colorado.

The Texans rank ninth in total defense and seventh against the run, allowing 95.1 rushing yards per game.

Broncos and Texans are both banged up on defense.

Broncos will be without 3 starters on defense in Roby, Stewart and Marshall.

Texans will be without Cunningham and likely Jo Jo/Colvin still.

Could see a shootout here...

Per McClain:

Texans' three keys to victory

1. Bill O'Brien will call a lot of running plays, and Lamar Miller has to reach 100 yards for a third consecutive game for the first time in his career.

2. The offensive line has to protect Deshaun Watson, and he has to go a third consecutive game without throwing an interception.

3. J.J. Watt and Jadeveon Clowney have to beat double-team blocks and get to Case Keenum before he has a chance to excel outside the pocket.

Broncos' three keys to victory

1. They are seventh in rushing with Phillip Lindsay, an undrafted rookie, averaging 5.7 yards a carry and helping the team average 5.3.

2. Quarterback Case Keenum must elude the pass rush, not throw interceptions and help the offense score touchdowns in the red zone.

3. Von Miller has to beat right tackle Kendall Lamm around the edge, avoid a second blocker in the backfield and get to Deshaun Watson.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Let me offer a 4th key to a Texans victory.........................THE TEXANS MUST OUTBREATHE THE BRONCOS............

Are the broncos good against the run?
They had problem with "run-fit", where guys didn't flow together in a couple of games, so don't be fooled.

They had 5 games where they allowed fewer than 100.
The Texans only had 3 such games.

Roby was one of the poor links on run defense as a CB.
His absence is actually better for the Broncos in run defense.

Are the broncos good against the run?

The Broncos are 27th in the league on run defense allowing 135.8 yards per game while the Texans are 7th in the league on run defense allowing just 95.1 rushing yards per game. You be the judge.

Just one opposing quarterback has had >300 yards passing against Denver........the Chiefs’ Mahomes, who has done it twice.

No. And they will be without starting ILB Brandon Marshall.
Marshall isn't as good as our two guys.
The Broncos have a young guy named Josey Jewel.
He's not fast nor explosive, but he's smart and consistent.
If Cravens can spell some 20 snaps; the Broncos won't miss Marshall.
They could even be better in defending the pass.
The TEs have been their Achilles heels pretty much all year long.

Back