Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 12...Here Comes 9...Cleveland Browns!

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
On Sunday, December 2nd at 12 noon CST, The Texans will take on the Cleveland Browns at home at NRG Stadium. The game will be aired on TV on CBS 11 and on radio on AM SportsTalk 610.

The emotion from the loss of Bob Mcnair will still be high. The team will still be playing inspired football. I fully expect the offense to be even better in this one then they were against the Tacks.
The defense will be all over Baker. He's going to have a hard time being "Dangerous" against this front 7.

Here are the 2 teams...

Your Houston Texans
Offense:
WR DeAndre Hopkins Vyncint Smith
LT Julie'n Davenport Martinas Rankin
LG Senio Kelemete
C Nick Martin Greg Mancz
RG Zach Fulton
RT Kendall Lamm
TE Ryan Griffin Jordan Thomas Jordan Akins
WR Keke Coutee DeAndre Carter
WR Demaryius Thomas Sammie Coates Jr.
QB Deshaun Watson Brandon Weeden Joe Webb III
RB Lamar Miller Alfred Blue Buddy Howell

Defense:
DE J.J. Watt Christian Covington Carlos Watkins
NT Brandon Dunn
DE D.J. Reader Angelo Blackson Joel Heath
SAM Whitney Mercilus Brennan Scarlett
MIKE Benardrick McKinney Brian Peters
WILL Zach Cunningham Josh Keyes Peter Kalambayi
JACK Jadeveon Clowney Duke Ejiofor
CB Johnathan Joseph Shareece Wright Natrell Jamerson Johnson Bademosi
CB Kareem Jackson Aaron Colvin Deante Burton
S Tyrann Mathieu Mike Tyson
S Justin Reid Andre Hal A.J. Moore

Special Teams:
K Ka'imi Fairbairn
P Trevor Daniel
LS Jon Weeks
KR DeAndre Carter Keke Coutee
PR DeAndre Carter Keke Coutee
H Trevor Daniel

The Cleveland Browns
Offense:
WR1 Jarvis Landry Rashard Higgins Breshad Perriman
LT Greg Robinson Desmond Harrison
LG Joel Bitonio Austin Corbett
C JC Tretter
RG Kevin Zeitler Earl Watford
RT Chris Hubbard
TE1 David Njoku Seth DeValve Pharaoh Brown
WR2 Antonio Callaway Damion Ratley Da'Mari Scott
QB Baker Mayfield Tyrod Taylor Drew Stanton
RB Nick Chubb Duke Johnson Jr. Dontrell Hilliard
TE2 Darren Fells Orson Charles

Defense:
LDE Myles Garrett Chris Smith
LDT Larry Ogunjobi Carl Davis
RDT Trevon Coley Brian Price
RDE Emmanuel Ogbah Anthony Zettel Chad Thomas
WILL Genard Avery Tanner Vallejo
MIKE Joe Schobert Ray-Ray Armstrong
SAM Jamie Collins Sr. D'Juan Hines
LCB Denzel Ward Phillip Gaines
RCB T.J. Carrie Tavierre Thomas Juston Burris
FS Damarious Randall Briean Boddy-Calhoun Jermaine Whitehead
SS Jabrill Peppers Derrick Kindred

Special Teams:
P Britton Colquitt
K Greg Joseph
H Britton Colquitt
KR Jabrill Peppers Antonio Callaway
PR Jabrill Peppers Antonio Callaway
LS Charley Hughlett

The Browns come to town with Baker Mayfield, Jarvis Landry and rookie phenom running back Nick Chubb controlling their offense. Even still, they aren't much. 18th ranked offense in the league. Again. The Texans defense just has to key on Chubb and stop their running game to effectively shut down their offense. After that it would be on Mayfield and Landry which won't even be close to enough. This seems to be a theme with the Texans. Shut down the running game of the opposing team, shut down their offense. Maybe it's because the Texans have been going against teams that rely too heavily on the run, therefore making it obvious what needs to be stopped. This Texans D will get it done.
On Offense, Deshaun and the boys shouldn't have much resistance going against a putrid Cleveland defense. That weak defense is ranked 31st in the league in total yards allowed, 23rd in scoring allowed, 29th against the pass and 28th against the run.
Deshaun will have a big day. Miller will have a big day, again. Hopkins, D Thomas and Coutee will have a big day. The 2 Jordans and Griffin will have a big day. Basically, the Texans should completely dominate this game.
In front of their home crowd, the Texans will perpetuate an onslaught against a defenseless Cleveland team. Here comes 9 in a row!

Texans 42
Browns 17

Last edited:
Hope Coutee’s assumed absence (reinjured hamstring) doesn’t hurt the offense too much.

Browns will be a tough game on a short week. They have done a great job spreading the ball around with Mayfield and the quick passing game. Their defense can get to the QB as well. Texans will have to avoid a trap game scenario and come out firing!

Hope Coutee’s assumed absence (reinjured hamstring) doesn’t hurt the offense too much.

Browns will be a tough game on a short week. They have done a great job spreading the ball around with Mayfield and the quick passing game. Their defense can get to the QB as well. Texans will have to avoid a trap game scenario and come out firing!
Yea this definitely is a trap game scenario with a short week and folks likely looking ahead to the following weeks game vs Indy.
I dunno but I predict those Sooners will be south bound on 45 this weekend

The Texans win 9 in a row? Is that even possible? I thought there were laws preventing that.

But seeing how this is Harris County, and we have different laws for illegal things here, I suppose it's possible.

Here is an opponent who can rise up and slap us. They aren't the dog they used to be. But I think the charm lasts another week. Toros 25, Greens 20.

Baker Mayfield has been playing great since Jackson was fired. Their defense is respectable and hopefully Williams doesn't put a bounty on Watson for the game.

Too much momentum for the good guys. They continue to gel and build for the playoffs.

HOU 30
CLE 13

I like us in a very similar game to what we just saw last night. I don’t expect any let down. We have a QB that exceeds any physical and mental talent we’ve had to date of this franchise and the D is looking stout. It’ll be interesting to see how much Cole gets in.

Texans 35-20

FWIW I just saw Reggie Homer Wayne say we’ll lose to the Browns and Indy beats us at home and INDY will win the division.

Baker Mayfield has been looking pretty good as of late, I wouldn't expect a cakewalk.

He also played 2 average at best defenses against Atlanta and Cincinnati. Both of which seem to be on a downward turn this late in the year. He's going to be facing a defense like he hasn't seen thus far this year with Watt, Clowney, Mercilus, Mathieu, Jackson, McKinney and others bearing in on him every play. It's going to be a very tough night for him. Chubb and Landry will get theirs, but for the most part, watch them get shut down.
Then there's the 2nd worst defense in the league having to face Watson, Hopkins, Thomas, Miller and other dangerous offensive players. This should be a score fest for the Texans offense.
I just don't see the Browns playing up to the standard this Texans team will set from the outset of this game.
They are playing against the Texans in front of an NRG Stadium crowd that can get loud to the extreme and cheer their Texans on. That makes it even tougher, especially in light of the emotions that will still be present after the passing of Mr. McNair.
This will be the 9th in a row.

To be honest, this game scares me. It looks too much like one of those matchups we have seen in the Texans' and Oilers' past that they are suppose to win, but the other team puts on an unexpectedly good performance. Still, I am predicting the Texans stomps on 'em.

Texans 42 Browns 10

Mayfield had one of the worst drop rates in games 3-8 in the NFL. Since Jackson and Halley was fired, the drop rate has gotten much lower. Mayfield is also getting the ball out much more quickly since then. The Browns have been competitive in just about every game. They aren't a guaranteed win by any stretch of the imagination.

On Offense, Deshaun and the boys shouldn't have much resistance going against a putrid Cleveland defense. That weak defense is ranked 31st in the league in total yards allowed, 23rd in scoring allowed, 29th against the pass and 28th against the run.

The problem with using total yards allowed is that it's heavily skewed by the fact that the Browns have played 4 OTs. If you either look at yards per play or remove the yards they've given up in OT, the Browns are very much middle of the pack on defense.
They've also played 7 games against top-10 offenses. In 7/11 games this season they've held their opponents to fewer points than their average - and a season low for New Orleans.

Last edited:
Mayfield had one of the worst drop rates in games 3-8 in the NFL. Since Jackson and Halley was fired, the drop rate has gotten much lower. Mayfield is also getting the ball out much more quickly since then. The Browns have been competitive in just about every game. They aren't a guaranteed win by any stretch of the imagination.

Context. The last two games they have played two horrid defenses. Bottom of the list in yards allowed, points allowed, 3rd down stops, giving up 1st downs, sacks and lower third in forcing turnovers.

Outside of 3rd down stops where the Texans are the middle of the pack, they rank Top 5 or Top 10 in all of those categories.

Also, while their first 5 games of the season were very close, three of their four losses since then were blowouts by 15, 16 and 24 points.

I don't want to look past them, but it's kind of silly they way we see Cleveland as a danger now because of 2 good games against bad teams, but we argue constantly about the "fake" Texans 8-game win streak.

Yep,

I think the Texans win a close one 23-20.

I'm always wrong when I gamble so I dont gamble.

#Dontbetonmypredictions.

Drew Dougherty‏Verified account@DoughertyDrew

The #Texans are wearing these color rush uniforms Thursday night vs. Miami.

DqOMsppV4AE-L3c.jpg

DqOMsppUUAA7Lwg.jpg

DqOMspoU0AAprxP.jpg

DqOMspnV4AAv6zA.jpg

2:06 PM - 23 Oct 2018

If there ever was a trap game this one would be it. Playing against a Browns team whose record is under 500 only to go against our rival Colts the next week who are only 2 games behind us for the lead of our division. No matter what we can not let a rookie Qb have a big game against us and we lose only to see the Colts gain ground on us. The Browns will not be a cake walk and to overlook them would be a big mistake. I would hate to lose two strait due to overlooking an opponent. Hopefully our boys will take the Browns seriously and we come away with a win as we should.

Last edited:
a lil late doc no? been hanging out with Thorn too much and lost track of time?

edit: anyone know why Deshauns game pants have those white dots? Ventilation? or just cosmetic? Noone else seems to have that pattern on the pants in the pics.
Definitely too late......I left off a part of Doughertey's post .........the important part......I wanted to post the pics of the unis, but accidentally cut out the rest of the text.........you very sharp cookie!!
Here is the original:

Drew Dougherty‏Verified account@DoughertyDrew 5h5 hours ago

Drew Dougherty Retweeted Drew Dougherty

Friendly reminder: #Texans wearing their color rush unis vs. Browns this Sunday.

Drew Dougherty added,

DqOMsppV4AE-L3c.jpg

DqOMsppUUAA7Lwg.jpg

DqOMspoU0AAprxP.jpg

DqOMspnV4AAv6zA.jpg

Drew DoughertyVerified account@DoughertyDrew
The #Texans are wearing these color rush uniforms Thursday night vs. Miami.
19 replies 65 retweets 302 likes

As far as the white dots............they are seen on more than Watson. If you look closely, you will see them in the Clowney pic........also more clearly in the Strong pic below.

usatsi_10292320.jpg

Less noticeable in this pic of Watson.

usatsi_102801841.jpg

Continued in next post

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-28_14-40-0.jpeg
    upload_2018-11-28_14-40-0.jpeg
    3.5 KB · Views: 140
Many players will wear local thigh compression garments or thigh compression underwear beneath their unis.

Some are dark.......

blackthigh.jpg

images

Some are light........

s-l225.jpg

upload_2018-11-28_14-40-0-jpeg.4133

Sometimes wide portions of hamstring tape (comes in various colors) is also used beneath the uniforms instead of formal compression garments.

PR0054-Spider-Tech-Hamstring.png

The uniforms are perforated in the posterior thigh for ventilation. With light compression garments, there is an appearance of white dots. With dark compression garments, the white dots will not be apparent.

Many players will wear local thigh compression garments or thigh compression underwear beneath their unis.

Some are dark.......

blackthigh.jpg

images

Some are light........

s-l225.jpg

upload_2018-11-28_14-40-0-jpeg.4133

Sometimes wide portions of hamstring tape (comes in various colors) is also used beneath the uniforms instead of formal compression garments.

PR0054-Spider-Tech-Hamstring.png

The uniforms are perforated in the posterior thigh for ventilation. With light compression garments, there is an appearance of white dots. With dark compression garments, the white dots will not be apparent.

dumb question but back in my day we had jock straps to keep everything uh hum 'together' and from flopping around. Im assuming these new panty hose looking compression things offer the same stability, but is there any medical precedent for the compression on the legs? Helps old folks like me with blood circulation, but a pro athlete? I see my son and his high school football buddies with the leggings, and one leg tights and all this other stuff and I always give them a hard time, and they just look at me like 'dude you're so old and out of the loop' LOL

dumb question but back in my day we had jock straps to keep everything uh hum 'together' and from flopping around. Im assuming these new panty hose looking compression things offer the same stability, but is there any medical precedent for the compression on the legs? Helps old folks like me with blood circulation, but a pro athlete? I see my son and his high school football buddies with the leggings, and one leg tights and all this other stuff and I always give them a hard time, and they just look at me like 'dude you're so old and out of the loop' LOL
Thigh compression garments can reduce swelling, keep muscles warm, increase blood flow through the muscles, and helps muscle recovery following exhausting exercise. But most important, the muscle vibrations created during working out hard and playing will cause the muscles to tire. Compression garments support your muscles and decrease the amount of muscular vibration which can cause muscle fatique.......less muscle fatigue improves athletic endurance.

I could see this game going a number of different ways. I think the Browns need to take the lead early and win the turnover differential battle to really have a shot at winning.

Browns 27
Texans 24

So THAT is why my stomach sags.... my six pack is simply fatigued from all excess bouncing.

Why have a 6 pack when you can have a keg?

This is a must win game if the Texans ever faced one: If we lost this one and the Dolts won, next week they would have the incentive of beating us and pulling even with us.

When a team is 8-3, every game is a Must Win. I haven't seen any talk about us getting the First Round Bye. That is easily in reach. Just a half game out. That would be sweet. The Patriots have a couple of hard games left, (Vikings, Steelers) and we don't have any one over .500. I hope I haven't jinxed the team, but things are looking good. :bravo:

Let’s give them some credit though. It’s satisically just as hard to win consistently as it is to lose consistently.

If there ever was a trap game this one would be it. Playing against a Browns team whose record is under 500 only to go against our rival Colts the next week who are only 2 games behind us for the lead of our division. No matter what we can not let a rookie Qb have a big game against us and we lose only to see the Colts gain ground on us. The Browns will not be a cake walk and to overlook them would be a big mistake. I would hate to lose two strait due to overlooking an opponent. Hopefully our boys will take the Browns seriously and we come away with a win as we should.

I agree They cannot fall asleep on this team. These are not the same Browns

Reactions: JB
Back