Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Game 11 Thread: Texans @ Jets

Man, I've been on the Carr fence for a while - and yes his "stats" looked pretty good today... but dang, I think I may have just been pushed a bit. Yes, some dropped passes, batted down passes, and such... but dang.

Anyone ever wonder why their recivers are open by 3-5 yards all the time and ours are covered like a blanket? Might be because we have such a poor O-line that we keep guys in to block and that allows for a boatload of DBs to cover our 2-3 guys in thier patterns and that causes the dump offs.

Man, I don't know what it is... it's defintely not a 1 or 2 person fix to turn this around.... Good luck Kubiak getting this ship righted.

Let's just PLEASE don't let Brooks have his breakout game next week.

I guess the part about the announcers saying no one was open escaped your notice.
Yep it sure did. Kind of like Romo and the D-Boys. He never has open receivers, and he never has time to throw and he keeps getting sacked. He has happy feet and never seems to be able to step up into the pocket. He always checks off - err, oops, I guess I am getting Romo and Carr mixed up. I guess I did hear the part about the two All-Pro receivers never being able to get opemn, along with an all-rookie tight end.

Yep it sure did. Kind of like Romo and the D-Boys. He never has open receivers, and he never has time to throw and he keeps getting sacked. He has happy feet and never seems to be able to step up into the pocket. He always checks off - err, oops, I guess I am getting Romo and Carr mixed up. I guess I did hear the part about the two All-Pro receivers never being able to get opemn, along with an all-rookie tight end.

Sorry, I didn't realise you are a Cowplops fan. No wonder your confused and can't listen and similate the data. Sorry, I usually don't picked on the handicaped, but if I had known you were a Cowplops fan I would have known what you were and not responded.

See you guys next week for another, highpower run and shoot texans game.....at least this week none of us got our hopes up.....and then were shot down....have a good week yall.....see you guys around the battered texans fan shelters.......

Sorry, I didn't realise you are a Cowplops fan. No wonder your confused and can't listen and similate the data. Sorry, I usually don't picked on the handicaped, but if I had known you were a Cowplops fan I would have known what you were and not responded.

Actually, I am a FOOTBALL fan that gives credit where credit is due (I have much love for a coach that is from NJ) and that does not care to get PERSONAL with fans. I evaluate talent and SINCE I LIVE IN H-TOWN, I guess I hear a little bit more than the average Texans fan (if you are one) that does not live in H-Town.

Well, you're the one claiming he is not. I have not, and will not, challenge other peoples fan-dom...
? ? ? Where did you get that? Do your research and point to the comment. To the contrary - here's the comment from edo783:

Originally Posted by edo783

You must be a relative. :confused:

Another dismal performance by the Houston Texans. This game reminded me of the previous regime in Houston. You know the other team scores 21 points and we tack on a field goal and a touchdown too late. We've seen too many games like this in previous years. David Carr had his worst game of the season and altough it' not all his fault, he's got to find ways to get the fall down the field more often. The Jets didn't have any running game either today but Pennington found guys like Coles, Cotchery, etc. downfield and they made plays. Could it be that Pennington is that much better of a QB than David Carr? I don't know...At this point DC has got to make bigger plays.

Also, some of you who say that the defense wasn't bad today are completely wrong. Yeah we shut down their running game, but we allow two guys to go over 100+ yards each in receiving. Our safeties and corners for the exception of Dunta Robinson are terrible. Our linebackers except for DeMeco Ryans is terrible and we have no pass rush. Mario Williams is not the problem he has played well but it's the other guys who have to step up.

Finally, the coaching has got to get better. I strongly believe that Gary Kubiak is the right man for the job, but he's got to call better plays and devise a better game plan. It seemed like every pass play was going side to side instead of downfield for the exception of a few passes. The receivers may not be open downfield but this is the NFL and receivers are hardly ever wide open. The running game is highly inconsistent and almost non-existant today. For someone who comes from the Broncos system, Kubiak has not done a good job of running the ball better. I know Lundy and Gado aren't the type of the talent Domanick Davis is or was, but the first thing I expected was a better running game when we hired Kubiak. Everything plays off of the running game in this offense.

Anyway, it's just frustrating to see a game like today. Everyone keeps saying that we will win in the future and that things will get better, but I don't want to wait 10 years or 20 years to see this team play better and win games. I want to see wins and not moral victories.

??? !!! That's really questioning his Fanhood - if you are a fan. maybe thats like me asking someone I have never seen - if you are a man or if you are a woman that I am questioning a person's manhood or womanhood.

Nevertheless, I see where my comment could have been perceived to be questioning Edo's fanhood. That was not my intention. Therefore, I fully apologize. To both of you, please accept my full, unconditional apologies.

OK...
That's why I'm asking...

What in the heck happened today???

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM THE NORMAL TYPES OF RESPONSES:
"Because Carr Sucks"
"Because the OL Sucks"
"Because Kubiak is Stupid"
"Because...(somebody) Sucks"
"Because...(somebody else) Sucks"

I'm asking for a fair and honest analysis of todays game.

We must consider ourselves an expansion team because of the changeover in staff and we really had a setback because of the Capers years. I think Coach Kube is an excellent Coach that, if selected years ago, might have put us into the super bowl by now or at least close to it. The problem now is more a lack of confidence in our on the field leadership than a coaching problem. I think that David Carr is a great person, but he does not have the mentality nor throwing mannerisms to become the on the field leader we need. He still "floats" down the field passes and I think the coaching staff is trying to mask that weakness of his with the short side to side passing. When he does throw downfield, the floaters are always up for grabs with Andre. He only looks to his primary receiver for the most part and his check off receivers too much - not trusting his downfield secondarys. On the other hand, Sage looks downfield first then to his secondarys then to the check off receiver. Today is just a repeat of the inevitable until the team makes a change at QB. And that is why his team mates do not believe in him. I give Coach Kube credit – after last week’s loss, the players did not point fingers like they would have last year. To a man, they all said “this game is over with we need to move on”.The stats are all based on success with ineffective plays - plays any good defense will give you. Sort of similar to a basketball team letting you have the lay-up when the game is decided so as not to allow the 3 pointers.

QB - needs more confidence.
RB - needs more experience.
Receivers - need more chances to excel.
OL - Need better decision making by QB (Step up, rool out)
Defense - needs offense to stay on the field longer.

The defense is good enough to win. The offense will get there - a matter of when not if.

Mark 9:23 says “Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.” And so I say, if I am wrong, LORD – Help my unbelief!

OK...
I am INTENTIONALLY trying to avoid the venom found in the "lynch mob" threads throughout the boards right now...

I have a SINCERE QUESTION and (as with every week) I didn't get to SEE the game. All I have to go on is the overflow of "Kill Carr" threads and the stats on the nfl.com live game stats page. So I'm trying to understand what actually happened today???

*We threw for 321 yds...the Jets threw for 286.
*We had one passing td...the Jets had one passing td.
*We had 25 yds rushing...the Jets had 27 yds rushing.
*We had 3 receivers w/over 50 yds receiving...the Jets only had 2 w/over 50 yds receiving.
*We had 1 fumble...the Jets had 1 fumble.
*We punted 5 times...the Jets punted 4 times.
*We had 7 ko returns...the Jets had 3.
*We had 1 punt return...the Jets had 2.
*We had 62 tackles...the Jets had 79 tackles.
*We had 1 sack...they had 4.

I don't get it???

I REALIZE (before someone points out the obvious) that STATS DON'T TELL THE GAME!!

That's why I'm asking...

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM THE NORMAL TYPES OF RESPONSES:
"Because Carr Sucks"
"Because the OL Sucks"
"Because Kubiak is Stupid"
"Because...(somebody) Sucks"
"Because...(somebody else) Sucks"

Dude...

1) find a sports bar and watch the game.

or

2) go to nfl.com and pull up the game stats and look at the play by play and it will tell you every thing you want to know about how the game went.

3) google the radio commentary of the game and dl it and listen to the game.

no ill will intended, I suggest number 1. watching the game is your best answer.

Yes I read your thread, I took the time to answer it. You did not mention the play by play part. I assumed you were not aware it was there. The play by play summary is very good and will tell you exactly what happened on the field the entire game. I am sorry if this information does not clue you in.

1) my uncle is a texans fan ...he lives in billings...you are not him. That's at least 2 fans :shades:

2) 130 miles in montana sounds like a long way when its really only an hour and 45 minutes with your speed limits. Take a drive, enjoy the scenery.:mario2:

3) Don't make the drive to just see the texans, plan other activity's while you are in town or along the way. If you live that far out you need to talk t o a live human being every once in awhile any way. Moose and deer just aren't enough.:hides:

OK...

If you look at the play by play, you'll see we threw the ball deep 3 times..... 2 were incomplete. The Jets threw the ball deep 8 times, 4 were incomplete.

The Jets also didn't get their first penalty until there was only 4 minutes left in the 4th Qtr.

The Jets also were pretty good with the Hardcount, that forced offsides(Mario twice).

The Jets also were much better at using the no huddle......... They found a package that was hard for us to play against, and stuck with it. They also found weaknesses in our coverage, and exploited them.

We never challenged the Corners, never found any mismatch to exploit, and our QB doesn't go through progressions.

We only got into the Redzone twice. Once on our touchdown drive, (which looked good) & on our last possession.

Back